Hostel Galla Reviews

Via Galla Placida, 5, Milan, Italy

Only good for a 1 night stopover. Hostel is pretty clean.

the directions to find this hostel were very unclear and then there were about 50 big flies in our room all just lurking behind the curtain it was disgusting, the hostel owners weren't very friendly at the start of our stay, when I stayed in bed because I was ill the owner told me off said I needed to leave and me being ill was "not his problem". There was not an overly friendly atmosphere to the hostel when I was staying here and flies truly were disgusting!

Cool place, friendly helpful staff available 24/7. It's a big hostel but quiet because it's not one of the popular ones but it's nice, relaxed and very near the metro station.

The man who checked us in (Franco..?) was INCREDIBLY friendly and energetic. He helped us extensively and was just lovely.

• 5th Jul 2014

I liked very much. Alfredo is so helful. I totally recommend!!!

It was an okay place to stay. Needs aircon in the summer gets very hot. Also it's abit away from train lines

The hostel was clean, but they made us to stand up between 10 and 11 am. It is no-way if you want to go out until late. The staff, although friendly, it was quite rude in manners and inflexible in rules. Situation. Quite far away from the city center, in a no exactly pretty area. The street is almost scaring arriving at night. Plus point is the metro and the night bus stops relatively close (10 min walking) Security. No problems at all, but lockers where pretty basic.

No lockers... Room and kitchen connected with a terrace... Totally no safety. Located in a small alley, not that easy to find. Perhaps the only good thing is the price. Overall, not very recommended.

WORST HOSTEL EXPERIENCE EVER!when i arrived the hostel the receptionist informed us our reservation was invalid. after i showed him the hostelworld page to prove i already made the reservation long time ago, the receptionist told me he was not the employee of this hostel and he did not know why our reservation suddenly became invalid expect i already paid the deposit money. he told me he was working for free as help so he was definitely not responsible for this. then he "kindly" called somebody