Hostel Gallo d'Oro Reviews

Via Cavour 104, Florence, Italy

While the hostel is a bit of a walk from the train station (Florence isn't that big anyway) it was very nice to be greeted with food that is available all day for free when I got in late. The place has ac, a young student feel, and very nice staff. If you prefer a party place, maybe not but this was a great hostel.

I felt like coming back to home. So warm.

Clean facilities. Very helpful staff. Wide spread of food for breakfast. Thank you for making my stay this pleasant! :)

Awesome hostel! It's a bit hard to find if you arrive at night but otherwise it was in a decent location that's easy enough to walk to/from. The hostel itself is great and the staff are amazing!! They'll do anything to help, just ask. The rooms were fine, although they could have used a few more outlets. Breakfast was delicious - so many options! Would definitely stay here again!

really good hostel with AMAZING breakfasts. the location is a bit of a walk from the main sights but I found it nice to walk back and not be surrounds by loads of other people/tourists. had books to read, wifi worked good for me, and like I said the breakfasts were soo good compared to other hostels.

This hostel was great! The staff were all very nice and helpful! Breakfast was really good. I would definitely stay here again!

• 5th Jun 2015

The hostel was really nice. I would definitely recommend it. The location is really good, just 20min walking from the train station. The staff is great!!!

It was really a very good experience I loved the breakfast (is delicious and is amazing) the staff is very nice and helpful with you, I just think they need some extra connectors

Very nice!!!!!!

• 2nd Jun 2015

Let me start by saying there is one main reason why this hostel gets rated so highly. The food. The free breakfast was one of the best I ever had and free snacks available throughout the day. + Food + Staff - Bunk beds are terrible. They shake with the slightest movement. - WiFi was terrible!! Unusable! - Lockers only accept really small locks. They use little i-bolts that can easily be broken. - Rooms all use same skeleton key. - Shower curtain was broken and water wouldn't drain.

The hostel is really close to San Marcos square and 15 min walking to Duome and the center area area. The staff is really helpful and kind. The breakfast the best, many things to choose and they leave the left-over to enjoy as snacks. There are bathrooms out of the rooms in case of need. The outside rooms could be quite noisy, so just in case bring some earplugs with you.

• 1st Jun 2015
  • Spain

LOVED our stay here! The staff was extremely helpful and friendly, we felt very safe, and the breakfast in the morning was wonderful. I would definitely recommend Hostel Gallo d'Oro to anyone!

• 30th May 2015

The staff was very very devoted to help us and make our stay wonderful even by welcoming us and offering us breakfast way earlier than the supposed check-in... I do recommend it!

• 29th May 2015

Great wifi, great breakfast, great staff and well located in a kind of snazzy neighbourhood. Worth it.

We had a great trip here in Florence. We only stayed 1 night but the staff were so friendly and helpful. The beds werr comfy and our room was extremely spacious! I would recommend this hostel to all my friends!

Great place to stay while in Florence. Breakfast every morning was delicious and the staff were very friendly. Wifi was a little frustrating but that is the extent of my complaints.

The hostel was nice. There was no handsoap in the washrooms. The internet only worked in the lobby not in my room. That being said the breakfast was pretty good.

Only knock on this was the location was sorta far. Other than that, met a lot of fun people at this hostel. Great experience!

I've stayed at Gallo D'Oro many times. Always clean, friendly, and a great value. They know Florence and Italy very well and always provide great suggestions... even rides to the airport a time or two. Very helpful with museums and bus/train system. Great breakfast!!!

• 19th May 2015

The room was great and the staff were friendly. The only issue I had was that the wifi was extremely slow.

• 18th May 2015