Hostel Gallo d'Oro Reviews

Via Cavour 104, Florence, Italy

Quite near from the train station and a small walk to the city center. The staff there was very helpful and friendly with a good breakfast. I met some nice people there as well. I would easily stay at this hostel again.

There should be a sign outside in the corridor, because we did not know, where we have to enter. The security is poor, because it is always the same door code, so everybody could enter. The lugguage place is a normal cupboard, without any security. The biggest problem was still the room and the washrooms. We had our room in a second apartment next to the actual hostel with uncomfortable beds and a creepy washroom (not lockable), the cleanliness was also not great. This part needs reconstruction!

Gallo D'Oro was a bit far outside of the old town. But the rooms and staff were very nice. The shower curtain in the bathroom and my lock were broken but still functional. With a few really minor repairs it would've been perfect. The free breakfast had excellent variety. Everything was also very clean and tidy. The balcony was a great feature of my room. It's a very quiet place but everyone was friendly. Would stay here again if I ever return to Florence.

Big rooms! Twin XL beds, outlets near beds, and a balcony. Close enough to all the major historic landmarks. Breakfast was some of the best I've had at hostels in the past. Sandwiches, a vat of Nutella, toast, yogurt... quiches I think? Only two complaints, and full disclosure, I didn't bring them up to the staff, so I have no idea if they would have been remedied: No hand soap in the bathrooms. I had to buy my own. The wifi didn't work for me, and I couldn't even reach it from my room.

A true coffee for breakfast would have been perfect!

• 12th Sep 2015

Great hostel. My only complaint would be no hand soap in any washroom and when I asked about the Saturday night wine buffet, they had no idea what I was talking about and it didn't happen. Otherwise charming place with great staff and nice rooms! Very convenient and helpful, relaxed place!

The hostel was adequate but the bunk beds were very difficult go get on, I scraped my leg on the ladder twice. The bathroom door lock was extremely loud and every time it was opened or closed I woke up.in addition there were not enough outlets per person. We had a full room of 6 people but we only had 4 working outlets, and one of those was in the bathroom! The Internet was not good as I couldn't use it at all in the evening. The location is also not ideal, far from the sites and train station.

Lovely, helpful staff and what a great breakfast. The location was good with directions on how to catch a bus but I did find it incredibly noisy from the street traffic etc. I also found the hostel.was unbearably hot - it was stuffy and humid even though outside it was quite cool and lovely. The bathroom ensure was clean nutrition some parts were a bit old and falling apart. A nice place but just so hot!

I really liked this hostel! Staff were friendly and helpful. The room was super clean and spacious. No aircon but each bed was provided with a fan so didn't really notice! 10 minute walk to the centre and breakfast was excellent!!! Towels are provided as well which is handy

The hostel has two common rooms - one doubling as a kitchen which is available to use. This is a great positive for the hostel. The hostel has fairly basic level facilities which is to be expected of a hostel in this price range. If one part of the hostel were to be updated next I would recommend the bathrooms as these appear outdated. I stayed in room 7 and the shower was a little worse for wear with the toilet also having better days. On the whole I really enjoyed the hostel!

Best breakfast ever! The staff was super amazing

tons of mosquitos at my room, i had to buy a repellent.

The breakfast far exceeded my exspectations, staff was vary helpful. Thanks! From USA

• 21st Aug 2015

Great hostel- rooms are spacious and very clean. The breakfast is amazing- so much food to fill up on before the day (fruit, cereal, sandwiches, coffee, cakes- literally so much high quality food). About a 15 minute walk from city center.

Great hostel clean and safe big and spacious Good food Great staff very veryaccomodatiing

The staff is just great. Super friendly. Breakfast is a very good plus. I'd totally go back to Gallo d'Oro!

After reading reviews I had high expectations - and got disappointed. Location is fine, ten minute walk to duomo. Tripadvisor's certificate of excellence is deserved for one thing and one thing only - breakfast. Simply amazing! But apart from that this hostel is shabby. Everything is old and used, toilet seat broken and "repaired" with tape, plugs broken and electricion that should fix them never came, dust raining on my face when girl in upper bed moved, unbearably loud garbage truck at 6 am.

It is very reachable by bus from train station. Staff there were so kind and helpful! It is quite clean with great roommates. Breakfast there was amazing BTW.

Only stayed here one night but we were pretty impressed. The air com in the all girls dorm didn't get very cold, so it got a bit too hot for my liking over night. The breakfast is really good for a free breakfast! The bathrooms were clean and the staff were really friendly.

It was a very nice stay at Hostel Gallo d'Oro. The staff was always helpfull and the breakfast wass great!! A good place to meet people and get new friends.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4