Hostel Gallo d'Oro Reviews

Via Cavour 104, Florence, Italy

I did not stay at the Gallo d'Oro hostel because they were rebuilding some parts. However, I am very happy with them because they relocated me in a really good hostel with the same facilities and servicies, very close to the original one. Therefore, my reviews are for the Wow Hostel in Via Venezia 18B. For this one I can actually only say WOW! :D

Actually, I did not stay in Gallo d'oro hostel because of the work in twin rooms. I only write this comment because they are nice enough to inform us 3 days before our arrival time with a detailed e-mail.

Amazing breakfast and rooms are extremely clean. Definitely one of the best hostels that I have ever stayed in my life.

The hostel and staff were really nice. The breakfast and snack availabe during all day is excellent. The rooms are nice. The only thing i would change is the comon toillete room and make the showers more private.

• 9th Jan 2016
  • Austria

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed. Small, familiar atmosphere, clean rooms and bethrooms, nice staff and with an amazing breakfast! Just 7-10 minutes walking from the Duomo di Firenze. I would definitely stay there again.

• 8th Jan 2016

I really love this place! The best hostel I've stayed so far. The staffs were friendly, the room was really clean and nice, the internet worked really great, and the buffet was awesome; you can eat whenever you want! It's a bit walking from the train station but it's easy to find and worth the stay. Totally recommend this place if you visit Florence :)

not much to say, but its good value for money!

During the Christmas holiday, a little cold with the thin blanket in the night.the location is a little difficult to find,I ask the local people to help me,he call the reception and finally take me to the right entrance.

I booked a reservation in a dorm room with this hostel, but because they were undergoing renovations they changed my reservation (with another person) to a double room in their sister hostel Wow Florence Hostel. We had no issues checking in to this other hostel, which was safe, clean, and in a good location. Ratings are for Wow Florence, not Gallo d'Oro.

We stayed at WOW HOSTEL because of needed construction work in Hostel Gallo d'Oro. WOW hostel is just nearby but looks bigger. We were noticed long enough before our stay, and we got exactly what we payed for (double room + breakfast). THIS REVIEW IS FOR WOW HOSTEL.

In general, everything was good with the hostel. We just had one situation in which one of the staff's member was extremely impolite. If hostels knew how bad "a single situation" can be for their reputation, they would be scared.

The staff was very helpful, but a lot of them would smoke on the little balcony right behind their desk and leave the door open so if that bothers you then you probably shouldn't stay here. The breakfast was amazing, best I've had in a hostel yet. 10 minute walk to the dome so that was nice and close. However, having my asthma flare up for the 2nd time in 10 years because of their smoking was a pretty big turn off.

A little out of the way from Florence's main attractions, but still within walking distance. Staff appeared fairly disorganized: had to phone someone re. my reservation without telling me what the issue was, confusion with bed assignments each time someone new was brought into the room. Free breakfast was very good and beds were comfortable.

Small Hostel with friendly staff. Breakfast is really good, the best i've seen in hostels. And u get sandwiches and/or cake and coffee/tea/hot chocolate all day! Seriously what more do u expect while backpacking. Close to the center as well, a 10 min walk. Was perfect

It has free food free coffee and free juice a huge Plus... in the centre of the city 20 min from the railway station and 10 minutes to the Dome and most of the other famous places. Small but great dinning area to socialize.. Separate boys and girls dorms.. But very friendly staff and great value for money. I would recommend it to all my friends....

Amazing breakfast! The room was very confortable and the atmosfere of the hostel was great!

• 14th Nov 2015
  • Portugal

Loved this place! Super clean and great great great free snacks and free breakfast.

• 11th Nov 2015

Fantastic!! Highly recommend !!

• 10th Nov 2015

Nice clean hostel with spacious rooms. The breakfast and all day buffet was amazing. The place has a very enjoyable relaxed atmosphere. Not much of a party scene if that's what you're looking for. Great place all around.

• 6th Nov 2015
  • Spain

The breakfast here is the best I've seen at any hostel or hotel I've ever been to. It's all made fresh by the staff and is delicious. The atmosphere and location weren't ideal with the hostel being located a good 10-15 minute walk from the center of Florence. It is also set up like more of a bed and breakfast with not a lot of meeting people at the hostel or activity coordination from the staff.

• 4th Nov 2015