Hostel Gallo d'Oro Reviews

Via Cavour 104, Florence, Italy

Excellent place to stay. The staff are really friendly and helpful, the breakfast magnificent - and so much of it. There is hot water in the shower all the time, plus, good WIFI. The location is good as it is away from the immediate center and all its noise, yet close enough to all the important sights.

• 6th Jul 2015

Everything was very good. Except that there was no air condition when it said that there would be one.. not very comfortably sleeping3 in the summertime

Hey R. Thanks for your nice review! We are glad that you had a confortable stay with us. But no one never said that we have air co. There is no advertise of air co on HW web site or on our web site. ;-)

This was the first hostel I stayed at and I hope that the rest will be as pleasant as this one. Seriously, Ostello Gallo d'Oro has set the bar so high for my future hostel experiences I don't know if they can compete with this one. The front desk people were awesome, my friend and I loved the girls that we shared the room with (6 shared, all female). They provided breakfast that was on point and definitely made getting ready in the morning very easy.

• 2nd Jul 2015

I booked the wrong room and ended up in an all male dorm room. However, they were extremely helpful and informative about everything. They even warned all the guys in the room that I would be sleeping there. Unfortunately I was not able to get a female room because they were completely booked (I personally did not mind. I come from a family of four brothers). The food is delicious and there is literally always something there to eat. I loved it! I would definitely recommend this hostel!

• 24th Jun 2015

While the hostel is a bit of a walk from the train station (Florence isn't that big anyway) it was very nice to be greeted with food that is available all day for free when I got in late. The place has ac, a young student feel, and very nice staff. If you prefer a party place, maybe not but this was a great hostel.

Super-friendly staff, clean, towel and great breakfast included! Not many power outlets in the room though and you can only pay by card from 2nights and more.. A bit far from the train station, 20min walking, but ok distance from the city centre. A little bit pricy though but would probably return! :)

I felt like coming back to home. So warm.

Clean facilities. Very helpful staff. Wide spread of food for breakfast. Thank you for making my stay this pleasant! :)

Good hostel. Great staff! A lot of young people! Breakfast included and delicious! However the location was far from all site seeing, even though florence is a pretty small city! The reception is 24/7 which was great. But the keys to my room worked for every single room in the hostel. I was able to open up every room on my floor, which is super unsafe. Especially because their are no safes in the room.

• 10th Jun 2015

A really nice hostel! We loved loved loved the breakfast, however it was a little far away from the center of town. Great staff!

• 10th Jun 2015

Awesome hostel! It's a bit hard to find if you arrive at night but otherwise it was in a decent location that's easy enough to walk to/from. The hostel itself is great and the staff are amazing!! They'll do anything to help, just ask. The rooms were fine, although they could have used a few more outlets. Breakfast was delicious - so many options! Would definitely stay here again!

really good hostel with AMAZING breakfasts. the location is a bit of a walk from the main sights but I found it nice to walk back and not be surrounds by loads of other people/tourists. had books to read, wifi worked good for me, and like I said the breakfasts were soo good compared to other hostels.

This hostel was great! The staff were all very nice and helpful! Breakfast was really good. I would definitely stay here again!

The hostel was really nice. I would definitely recommend it. The location is really good, just 20min walking from the train station. The staff is great!!!

It was really a very good experience I loved the breakfast (is delicious and is amazing) the staff is very nice and helpful with you, I just think they need some extra connectors

Very nice!!!!!!

• 2nd Jun 2015

Let me start by saying there is one main reason why this hostel gets rated so highly. The food. The free breakfast was one of the best I ever had and free snacks available throughout the day. + Food + Staff - Bunk beds are terrible. They shake with the slightest movement. - WiFi was terrible!! Unusable! - Lockers only accept really small locks. They use little i-bolts that can easily be broken. - Rooms all use same skeleton key. - Shower curtain was broken and water wouldn't drain.

The hostel is really close to San Marcos square and 15 min walking to Duome and the center area area. The staff is really helpful and kind. The breakfast the best, many things to choose and they leave the left-over to enjoy as snacks. There are bathrooms out of the rooms in case of need. The outside rooms could be quite noisy, so just in case bring some earplugs with you.

• 1st Jun 2015
  • Spain

LOVED our stay here! The staff was extremely helpful and friendly, we felt very safe, and the breakfast in the morning was wonderful. I would definitely recommend Hostel Gallo d'Oro to anyone!

• 30th May 2015

The staff was very very devoted to help us and make our stay wonderful even by welcoming us and offering us breakfast way earlier than the supposed check-in... I do recommend it!

• 29th May 2015