Hostel Gallo d'Oro Reviews

Via Cavour 104, Florence, Italy

The hostel was adequate but the bunk beds were very difficult go get on, I scraped my leg on the ladder twice. The bathroom door lock was extremely loud and every time it was opened or closed I woke up.in addition there were not enough outlets per person. We had a full room of 6 people but we only had 4 working outlets, and one of those was in the bathroom! The Internet was not good as I couldn't use it at all in the evening. The location is also not ideal, far from the sites and train station.

Lovely, helpful staff and what a great breakfast. The location was good with directions on how to catch a bus but I did find it incredibly noisy from the street traffic etc. I also found the hostel.was unbearably hot - it was stuffy and humid even though outside it was quite cool and lovely. The bathroom ensure was clean nutrition some parts were a bit old and falling apart. A nice place but just so hot!

I really liked this hostel! Staff were friendly and helpful. The room was super clean and spacious. No aircon but each bed was provided with a fan so didn't really notice! 10 minute walk to the centre and breakfast was excellent!!! Towels are provided as well which is handy

The hostel has two common rooms - one doubling as a kitchen which is available to use. This is a great positive for the hostel. The hostel has fairly basic level facilities which is to be expected of a hostel in this price range. If one part of the hostel were to be updated next I would recommend the bathrooms as these appear outdated. I stayed in room 7 and the shower was a little worse for wear with the toilet also having better days. On the whole I really enjoyed the hostel!

Best breakfast ever! The staff was super amazing

tons of mosquitos at my room, i had to buy a repellent.

The breakfast far exceeded my exspectations, staff was vary helpful. Thanks! From USA

• 21st Aug 2015

Great hostel- rooms are spacious and very clean. The breakfast is amazing- so much food to fill up on before the day (fruit, cereal, sandwiches, coffee, cakes- literally so much high quality food). About a 15 minute walk from city center.

Great hostel clean and safe big and spacious Good food Great staff very veryaccomodatiing

The staff is just great. Super friendly. Breakfast is a very good plus. I'd totally go back to Gallo d'Oro!

1 2 3 Next » last »