Hostel Garden Reviews

Mainski put 24, Budva, Montenegro

This hostel is nice, but Budva itself is not my favorite city.

It was really nice to have the garden to chill out and the staff was really friendly and helpful. Just the airconditioning in the rooms was missing...

Very nice and clean hostel. Not so easy tofind, but very beautiful

• 22nd Jul 2015

Lovely hostel. Very shady pleasant location which was great in the very hot weather (42C) of July. The lady who runs it (I forget her name) was really helpful and even came out to the main street to find us when we got lost trying to find the hostel.

This hostel is a nightmare to find, somewhere along the way the adress / directions are incorrect , because I marked the place on my online maps using the address they provide and used my GPS system to get me there. It did not take me to the hostel. They advertise a 24 hour reception but nobody was around when I arrived and I had to wake somebody up from a private bedroom to get checked in. However the rooms where clean and comfortable.

An average hostel in any sense of the world, the owners actually make it a little bellow average. English is difficult for them, there was a kid who spoke is reasonably well, they do not seem to care about you at all and the address that is given is wrong, which makes finding the hostel difficult. A nice garden - you have to give credit where it is due

First off, it's more of a family run b&b than an actual hostel. So don't expect anything when it comes to atmosphere. BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, the directions from the BUS STATION to the HOSTEL are off. So here you go: When you exit the bus station turn left and walk straight. At the end of the street you should reach hotel Blue Star. The directions say cross the street or some sort of stuff like that. What they mean is HEAD STRAIGHT ONTO THIS NARROW STREET ABOUT THE SIZE OF AN ALLEY. Then left a

First, the adress has changed so be careful, you should turn on the right at Mainski Put 10, you'll see the hostel on your left at the end of the road. It took us 45 minutes to find it. The owner, who welcomed us, seemed nice. The facilities were ok, bedroom was large and clean but the kitchen not so much... I opened a jar of sugar and hens started running all over the place... When we wanted to check iout the next morning (at 10), nobody was there so we had to leave the money under the counter.

Only stayed for one night, but I wasn't too impressed. The staff were friendly but didn't speak fluent English, which made it very difficult to get travel advice.There were ants in the kitchen and the bathroom was a bit dirty. Good location though.

Had a great time in this awesome hostel, staff was unbelievable and i will visit again soon !!!

• 8th Mar 2015
  • Serbia

I loved staying at hostel Garden! The hostel is centraly located, just a couple of minutes away from the bus station and Slovenska beach and only 10 minutes walk from the Old town. It is very clean and nicely decorated with all facilities you might need. The family that runs it gave us a warm welcome and showed us the way around. Definitly a place I would stay again when visiting Budva!

• 5th Mar 2015