Hostel Gastama Reviews

109/115 rue de Saint Andre, Lille, France

Good hostel with a bar. Good location. 15 min walking from the train station. Very close to the historic center (10 min walking). Very good staff ! I have stayed here during a long week for my job. It was nice, quiet and comfortable.

• 31st Mar 2014

A very nice hostel although, in my opinion, it is a little too big. The combination of Bar und Hostel ist well ment but I actually don't want to sleep in the middle of a party. Nonetheless it is a really cool hostel.

The Gastama is a very good hostel, although I think, it simply is a little too big. There is a Bar which is part of the Hostel. That's very cool if you don't wanna go back into town for a drink. Especially on the weekend it was almost a little too much of a party down there. Nonetheless, It's a good hostel for a good price.

This hostel is a really really good one. Each bed has individual curtains, which allow privacy and also allow you to avoid waking up everyone if you have to leave early. Additionally, each bed has two outlets and a reading light, so you don't have to worry about finding a place to charge your phone. The location is good, just a ten minute walk from the center of Lille. Everyone one was super helpful. The only downside is it is a little pricy, but that's what you get for north France.

The hostel is one of the best I know even it has its own bar on the groundfloor you dont hear much sound or noise from downstairs if you want to sleep over it in your room. Unfortunately there was a noise group of Belgian tourists on my floor and room so one night I didnt slept well. But over all it was a very nice stay.

• 28th Mar 2014
  • Switzerland

Really nice bar downstairs with great atmosphere. All friendly people

• 15th Mar 2014
  • Belgium

Friendly staff, excellent facilities - all looked recently refurbished. Very clean. Good breakfast available for 4 euros. On bus route #10 from centre/main train station. Self catering facilities good, bar on ground floor but well sound proofed from bedrooms.

The staff were really nice and I loved the atmosphere - great music!

• 6th Mar 2014

The staff were amazing nice and friendly. If we ever had a problem (which didn't happen often) or if we needed directions they would help us.

• 5th Mar 2014

Nice hostel! I recommend it!

very nice place; the beds have curtains to have more privacy; the room i was in (female only) was very big to be a hostel; position very central in the "vieux lille" and near a supermarket (carrefour) ; personnel very youg and friendly; in the night there is a pub downstairs with a lot of people but from the rooms you hear nothing! the kitchen was amazing, big and with a lot of forniture!

We had a nice stay at Gastama Hostel. Friendly staff, clean room, the double size bunk bed was a bit strange :-)

• 23rd Feb 2014
  • Belgium

Everything was top-notch, we spent two very nice days at Gastama. I recommend this hostel to anybody from any age group!

• 21st Feb 2014

Gastama is a supercool place to visit..vibrant people, artistic bar ,living room and kitchen side..as well as friendly atmosphare guaranteed! Hope to visit you soon guys!!

• 20th Feb 2014
  • Hungary

Would definitely stay here again. Staff very friendly, room very clean and location ideal (about a 15 min walk from the stations). Breakfast for 4€ perfectly adequate. Free wifi and towels provided. Drinks at the bar quite expensive but comparable to the rest of the town.

• 17th Feb 2014

Very helpful staff in Lille; kind and efficient

• 15th Feb 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

This place was fantastic. The hostel is really clean and well-kept. There's a bar downstairs which is great for meeting people. I didn't use the shower as I was only there for one night, but I would ABSOLUTELY stay here again.

Our Deluxe room had a really nice interior and was spotless, but too small for Deluxe rating. The bathroom is spacious though.

We stayed in the private room which was small but lovely! It was super clean and we felt very safe. The private bathroom was also very clean. The shower is a detachable hose and the room is in the eaves so you can't actually stand but I didn't find that to be a problem. I think the cost is OK although I have stayed in cheaper hotels, having said that I think Lille on the whole is slightly higher in cost that other cities. The location is only a short walk from the old town.

very good stay, stylish hostel. we felt like we were at a hotel! clean, private bathroom, very happy!

« first « Prev 1 2 3