Hostel Gastama Reviews

109/115 rue de Saint Andre, Lille, France

The hostel was really good. Our room was spotless and spacious. All the staff were genuinely friendly and helpful. The downstairs bar is a big winner with guests and locals alike.

• 22nd Oct 2014

Great Hostel, stayed in hostels all over the world, I wish they'd been like this one. Thanks.

• 22nd Oct 2014

This hostel is awesome. The staff were so friendly and the rooms were in pristine condition. It is really well designed for backpackers, the rooms have lockers and each bed has a plug. It's a little out of the center, around a 10 minute walk, but there is a supermarket two blocks down the road.

Had a comfortable stay in this hostel, which was made all the more pleasant by the friendly, helpful staff. I would definitely stay here again, and recommend likewise. The only thing I picked up on was that the shower in my room was blocked up. Not a major issue though because there was an additional shower on my floor:) The bar was great too, with a good selection of beer. On the downside there weren't that many fellow travellers to chat to, but still beats the average hotel bar!

• 11th Oct 2014

Definitely coming back

• 10th Oct 2014

Great staff, great location great atmosphere, very clean. Loved it all. Will definitely stay there again if we return.

• 7th Oct 2014
  • Couple, 41+

The best hostel I have ever been to.

• 7th Oct 2014

nice hostel, friendly and helpful staff, everything is new, but not enough showers in the building. but i would recommend it! we had a good time!

the charge of 1.50€ for booking from hostelworld is excessive

• 4th Oct 2014

It was really cool, a little noisy maybe, because i was here for work, so it was quite hard for me to get asleep, but, it was cool anyway. I really appreciate the access to the kitchen !

• 3rd Oct 2014

Great gem of a hostel. Great position and cool bar with friendly locals and staff. Wouldn't stay anywhere else if in Lille.

• All Male Group, 41+

very pleasant stay and comfortable beds

• 3rd Oct 2014

i spend two nights at the gastama's hotel, was great fun, i met some amazing people. the staff is great, the breakkie really good after good hangover;) it's a really nice place to stay in Lille.

• 2nd Oct 2014

Nice hostel which is located at the edge of the city centre. The hostel is very secure, with a key card needed to get into the hostel and into each room, and fairly large lockers under the beds to store your belongings. I only stayed one night, and had to get up early the following morning so didn't make use of the bar in the hostel, but it seemed really busy with a nice atmosphere. Would use this hostel again if I were to return to Lille.

lovely lovely place to stay, fantastic bar and super friendly staff. room was pleasant and each bed had a curtain, a reading light and two personal plug sockets. no problems with the WiFi I got it everywhere in the building. the only qualm I had was the shower, the shared bathroom itself was fine but the shower was like having boiling water thrown on you for 6 seconds before turning off. Other than that I really enjoyed the two nights I had there and I would thoroughly recommend Hostel Gastama.

My boyfriend and I spent one night here in a private room and it was great! The beds were quite a bit roomier than one would expect for a hostel and much more comfortable. We slept wonderfully. Fully recommend Gastama and we will be back next time we are in Lille.

A very, very nice hostel to stay at! Recomend everyone a stay here.

This was a really nice facility and I agree with the great reviews stating that it is in a great location with great security and nice, clean beds! Sadly, it seemed as if they were letting the place go. One of the showers in the bathroom was out of order, 3 out of the 4 sinks in the bathroom were backed up with dirty water and out of order, the WIFI didn't work and the floors were very dirty (the sink in my room had been leaking, making a nasty mess on the dirty floor.)

• 27th Sep 2014

Very nice hostel

• 25th Sep 2014
  • Colombia

Everything is on Average. At night, the bar on the ground floor would be noisy but will be quiet after 12:00. Moreover, I was allergic to the flat sheet. Overall, it's acceptable as it is a young hostel.

• 22nd Sep 2014