Hostel Gastama Reviews

109/115 rue de Saint Andre, Lille, France

Very good hostel...great bar and staff! The kitchen could be cleaner...they should also think to organize activities for hosts aggregation

The staff were very helpful and friendly!

• 17th Aug 2015
  • Colombia

Very good hostel! It is just a small walk from the centre. Only negative comment I can give is that because there is an awesome bar, visited by lots of locals, it is hard to know/meet people from the hostelpart. Not really a hostelatmosphere though. But overall very good stay!

Hi, Thanks for your stay and your feedback. Lillers and our customers are generally opend minded and approchable so it's very common to see mixed group. If you prefered to meet only backpackers (which is understandable) you have the opportunity in the kitchen/common lounge. Your comments are essential to help us improve the quality of our atmosphere so thanks a lot and hope to see you someday at Gastama.

I was surprise to find only four sits near the kitchen...

• 12th Aug 2015

Amazing dorm: enormous, curtain for each bed, 2 sockets for each, and a drawer for each person. Staff were super friendly. The bar has some great beers, even if a bit expensive. Even though there is a courtyard, that was more for the bar, so felt there wasn't really a place to meet too many other people from the hostel.

I enjoy my stay in Gastama Hostel at Lille. I recommanded to add recycle bins in the kitchen.

Gastama Hostel is a great place and deserves top honors. I will highly recommend it to other travelers.

Stayed at Gastama for 2 nights in the female dorm and had a good time! The staff is very friendly and there's a nice bar downstairs, but no noise from the bar in the room. There are only a few showers, but the showers itself are good! The beds are good as well! Only downside is the lockers underneath the beds, that make a lot of noise when you open them.

Beds had pull curtains and reading lights... staff both during check in and check out was friendly and smiling. Internet terminal was free use.

perfectly good digs. only hiccup there was some problem with the internet so no connection during the one night stay. good bar, good music, good crowd mostly young but some other ages too. i did not find my private room too peaceful as it backed up onto the common kitchen area and extractor, but for a hostel it was fine. staff helpful and attentive and relaxed. friendly easy vibe.

• 5th Aug 2015

The staff were fantastic. Always ready to help, and to chat. I enjoyed my time here a lot. The breakfast could be a little bit better though! Otherwise cheaper ;)

Very good hostel and excellent staff. Very good bar with many different beers and good music playing all time the bars open. Don't let this scare you if you want an early night you can't hear the bar from the rooms. The hostel is in good walking position from the stations and the city is a beautiful walk.

The welcome at Gastama was impressive as the young man at reception (Sunday 2.8) was very friendly indeed. Everything was clear & when I asked for a low bed there was no problem to change it. Later when I asked where I could find a coffeebar, as the coffeebar at Gastama closed after 7pm (if I remember correctly) he asked a colleague to make me a coffee even though they officially did not serve coffee. I am impressed, also with the staff the next day. My next visit will definitely be at Gastama!

It was really wonderful! We (me and my friend who I travelled with) thought it was werid that we had two elderly ladies stay in our room.

Even it was only for one night, we really enjoyed our stay at Gastama Hostel. Lille is a great place to be. The Hostel was a bit far from the main center, but wasn't really a problem for us. The bar and the people were amazing!

• 24th Jul 2015

It's nice but with limitations..Hostel is clean and has all the necessary facilities. Our room GREAT, comfy bed, bright and big. Sadly, everything seems to be about the bar. You check in "this is your room key, there is the door, bye". No atmosphere, "cold" staff. Breakfast NOT included, which they didn't tell and we found out after finishing it: €5 for cornflakes and juice :S Wifi deconnects every 10 min. When the bar closes, there's nothing left. Cleaning staff came into room before checkout.

Hello, Thanks for your feedback and sorry for your bad experience at Gastama, we never had this kind of review about the staff so we still trying to understand what happened, As you can see our staff rating is important for us with 92% of satisfaction. About our breakfast we offer also hot drinks (tea,hot chocolate, coffee) fresh bread or sliced bread and not only juices and corn flakes. I hope you will have the opportunity to come back overhere anyway and have an optimum experience with us.

Awesome place. The bar at the hostel is cranking every night and there seems to be more locals than travellers there. Don't let that turn you off if you need sleep though, you can't hear it from the rooms. Well worth the money if you ask me

great, loved it, reasonably far from city center but walk-able. great staff clean room and kitchen

• 13th Jul 2015

This hostel seems to have been refurbished recently so it appears new and clean. There were good boxes for each person under the beds and it was handy to have the well-equipped kitchen to be able to use. A good looking bar downstairs if you're looking for that, but also space to relax without having to go for a drink. I was the only person booked into my room, so it was really nice and unexpected to have an ensuite room to myself. Friendly staff with very good English.

This is an excellent hostel in a good part of the city. The bar is good and serves and excellent range of beers. The staff are very helpful.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5