Hostel Gastama Reviews

109/115 rue de Saint Andre, Lille, France

Nicest hostel I've ever seen in Europe. Wi-Fi is accessible everywhere, there is a plug-in on your bed, a reading light on your bed, and a curtain to pull across when you are sleeping! The hostel is by far one of the cleanest I have ever stayed in!

The hostel was lovely and very secure, you needed your key card to get both through to the dorm area and then to access the room, so I felt very happy leaving my property there during the day. It was the more expensive of the three hostels I stayed in during my trip, though many of the features and facilities were the same, but that didn't put me off. My only minor issue is that the male shower and toilet were seperate, whereas the female ones were in the same room. That wasn't ideal.

I had a really great stay here while searching for accommodation in Lille. The staff were always helpful with their services. You can pay ahead for a 4 Euro breakfast (4 kinds of cereal, baguettes/jam/nutella, juices, coffees. A nice way to start the day. The kitchen on the 2nd floor is fantastic. Two stove tops, an oven, a microwave, plenty of cooking space, and two large refrigerators with freezers. Just fantastic. Plus, the wi-fi is fast in the kitchen & lounge area.

Located above a bar. Noisy into the early morning if your room faces the street.

• 13th Sep 2014

Awesome, unique hostel in the old town section of Lille. Our dorm room was extremely spacious, the bar seemed really fun and the kitchen facilities were fantastic and were also a really sociable.

Highly recommend this hostel. I commenced my tour of Europe at Lille and could not fault the staff or facilities. The walk from the railway station to the hostel is about 20/25 minutes but I enjoyed it as you walk via the old town. Thought this was fantastic.

• 8th Sep 2014

Ive stayed here several times now, really nice place, all the staff are friendly, the dorms are clean, showers and toilets are also very clean. For the price you cant go wrong.

Stayed over Braderie de Lille weekend so v busy

The dorms are next to a bar but the dorms - at least the one I was sleeping in - was still quiet. The bathroom was okay, though it was a bit annoying that you had to push the button in the shower every 10 seconds. People check-in even at night which can be quite annoying if they leave the light switched on. The price was twice as much for the weekend, not really justified. Apart from that, it was a good hostel, though!

Place is in central location. Very easy to get around by foot. Bar is attached to hostel where all the locals come to drink in the evening which is REALLY cool! Highly recommend this place.

Good vibe, and nice clean rooms. I was rather sure that I'd booked a room with en suite, but this wasn't the case.

Hey! Thank you for the comment!! I'm sorry you were disappointed concerning the ensuite. I can see you booked for an 8 bed female dorm shared bathroom, and actually I must say that we don't have any 8 bed with ensuite (only rooms with ensuite are 6 bed mixed dorm, 4 bed dorms ans privates). Anyway, I'm glad you had a good time in the Hostel and in Lille, and tell me if you come back one day, I will surely upgrade you in a room with ensuite! Ben Owner

It was not crowded, so I got a dorm to myself! The room was very clean and had a wash basin inside. Very good value

I had my time of my life in Gastama! A very good hostel with friendly staff and good atmosphere. Everything was OK. I just wish that the price was cheaper.

• 28th Aug 2014
  • Slovenia

This is a hip hostel with a very social...and somewhat loud... Vibe. A good place for a weekend of fun.....less good for a peaceful weekend.

This was definitely one of the best hostels I have ever been to. I liked the interior design of the whole place a lot!! everything was very handy, the staff was helpful when we needed anyhting and the bar in the hostel was great. I would recomend the place to anyone, we had a great stay :)

• 24th Aug 2014
  • Czech Republic

Clean, secure, friendly. Cool bar. Good kitchen. Decent showers (you have to keep pressing the button and it only gives you warm water). I would recommend skipping out on using the laundry as washer + dryer = 5 euros and the soap gets stuck to your clothes.

Loved the space! Good to have curtains as well. Someone helped themselves to an extra cage under our bed so we had limited storage space, but that's no fault of the hostels. Not a whole lot to do but Definately recommend the zoo

We had a great stay at the Gastama Hostel. The Staff is very friendly and help you whenever. There is a nice bar where you can enjoy a Mojito. In the bar it is mostly extremely hot. The rooms are very open and spacious. In our room for 8 guests they could have put 12 guests if they wanted to. All the facilities are working and very clean. A great hostel to stay! And then there is the neighboorhoud in which you walk straight to the 'Old lille', which has nice bars and shops and lovely Streets.

• 22nd Aug 2014

Great overall but shower facility could be improved alot- shower spray too diffuse so takes ages to rinse off soap if you have thick hair like me, no soap holder in shower box so have to put items on the shower floor (yuck) or outside making the floor wet so floor gets very wet/ no shower mat. But very clean rooms and helpful staff. Thanks!!

This is an excellent hostel. One of the best I have been in throughout the world in terms of quality of facilities. I am not sure how much time Lille is worth spending in though. Lille is a good base for exploring the Flanders area and a lot of the WW1 battlegrounds.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6