Hostel Gastama Reviews

109/115 rue de Saint Andre, Lille, France

The best hostel I have been so for!

This hostel is decent. One thing I would suggest is putting door stoppers on the doors to prevent them from slamming.

Everything was great. Only the music from the bar, from midnight to 2 am is not easy to deal with for those who intend to sleep.

• 23rd Jan 2016

The staff is extremely nice and always ready to give advice on where to go and what to do. The bar downstairs is super cool and you get to meet a lot of people. Residents get discounts on the drinks :)

• 14th Jan 2016
  • India

Very clean and friendly hostel. I stayed there only a few hours but the bed was very comfy and all had a small curtain for added privacy, 2 power plugs and individual lights. The toilets and showers were very clean. I didn't use the kitchen so I don't know how it was. When I checked-in the guy at the reception was very nice but did't speak much English (luckily a friend of mine spoke French so we could communicate) but when I checked-out the nice lady at the time spoke perfect English.

Excellent Youth Hostel :-)

• 4th Jan 2016

Great location, very friendly staff and good facilities. However, the fact that there is a very popular bar on-site means that occasionally you have to deal with drunken guests and loud music early in the morning. Not great if you have to get up early or need to sleep!

• 1st Jan 2016

My 3rd stay in this hostel. Great feacilities especially the kitchen and very friendly staff. Would highly recommend!

방이 정말 넓음ㅎㅎ 근데 샤워실이 먼 방이었다... 특히 내자리에 벽돌이 있었는데 거기서 가루가 떨어짐 ㅡㅡ 별로... 샤워도 진짜 한숨나옴

I really enjoyed my experience there. I would definitely love to stay longer next time.

• 27th Dec 2015
  • India

Tip top place man

• 26th Dec 2015

It was a little farther out of the way from the train station than I had anticipated, and they didn't really provide directions. That being said, it was not far to walk into the downtown area. The staff seemed really friendly and there was a lively atmosphere. Also, they had good internet that could be accessed in the rooms. Should I ever visit Lille again, I would definitely go back.

• 23rd Dec 2015

Every member of the staff I encountered was very friendly and welcoming. I would definitely stay here again.

Nice place to stay!

Very nice hostel Clean and safe feeling Far from the train station but pretty location Popular bar area but separated from sleeping area which is very nice if you are looking to rest

• 13th Dec 2015

Very well located.I spent one night on the hostel which is un thé old town anf about 15 mn by walk from thé city center.Staff is friendly and so is the global atmosphere.

Nice Hostel and great staff, I reccomend it! The only negative thing is the bathroom that in my opi

• 9th Dec 2015

Just one pb : music in the restaurant during breafast was too load. The Kitchen is too small, very nice and clean, but too small. Except for those two little things, every thing was perfect.

• 4th Dec 2015

Thanks for the comment... and the good rating!!! You can be sure we will check music level in the morning, it is normally the quietest moment of the day, I don't what happened when you came (sorry about that!). Unfortunately, I can't do anything for more kitchen space at the moment... Hope we can see you back soon!

Th kitchen on the first floor was clean, the common area was welcoming as well. The room was similarly clean in both the toilet and shower. Actually I stayed in a 4 bed room solo for my entire two night trip. The hostel is surrounded by some nice restaurants and the bar/pub downstairs is an easy bonus.

Thank you for the fact that you keept my bag in the lugage room even after I left my room, up to the days evening. Because I did not have any place where to place my bag, thank you for your help and friendly staff.

• 25th Nov 2015
  • Romania

Gastama Service! Thank you for your stay and your comment!!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4