Hostel Gastama Reviews

109/115 rue de Saint Andre, Lille, France

Never seen a kitchen so disgusting in a hostel. The cutlery, the dishes, the floor, everything was soiled. Dishes were piled in he sink for 3 days before someone cleaned that. There is not enough shower and some were broken. It get very hot in the room and if we open the window, we hear all he sound from the bar. I slept relatively good for the first nights but then last night on Saturday drunkards kept making noise all night. I guess being the only hostel in town they think they can do whatever

Hi, We are really sorry about your bad experience at Gastama, We had a lot of party groups on this week-end so we are agree it was a bit messy but that's very complicated to survey the common spaces 24hours a day. Although, As is shown by our cleanliness rating and our last hostelworld award we do our best to offer a high quality of standard and we don't think we can do whatever. Sorry again and we hope you could come back someday to check by yourself. Nicolas Reception Manager

Hostel atmosphere was so good and staff also. Rooms were amazing!

Pros: Staff are fabulous, no problems with them. It's in a good location near Vielle lille, just a quick walk away, grocery store is right around the corner, close to the Citadel (great walk). Security is great as well, they're open 24 hrs and there is a night guard, in addition large luggage storage under the bed and a large bag check as well. kitchen was accommodating Cons: Only 2 showers (per gender) on my floor, one of which was not open. Overall: I would highly recommend Gastama

I have seldom seen hostel which is so clean. Amazing place to stay. Rooms are really big and airy. Breakfast is very tasty. 15 minutes walk from Railway Station. Well connected with Bus. I recommend to all who would like to spend time in Lille; this is fantastic place to stay.

Very good hostel, in the center of Lille, close to almost everything!

• 16th Jun 2015

Great staff and facilities. Would recommend to everyone!

Merci beaucoup pour tout... Le séjour à votre hostel était très agréable! :)

• 13th Jun 2015
  • Czech Republic

Private room was a bit more 'hostel' like than expected, no other furniture than a queen (!) size bunk bed. Something to lay your stuff onto would be nice. The bed was very comfortable. Location is good, free parking nearby, plenty of bars and restaurants on the same street, walking distance to old city centre. Not very quiet, hostel bar+court yard and bar across the street are popular, so pretty noisy in weekends.

• 12th Jun 2015
  • All Female Group, 41+

Nice modern hostel in Lille. Well equipped kitchen. The only problem is that some of the guests let the dishes pile up in the sink.

Centrally located hostel with bright and spacious rooms. Also super clean! Perfect!

Just dropped by. Wish we could have stayed longer

Very clean rooms and bathrooms. Very spacious rooms. The staff are genuinely friendly and helpful. Very good location.

I stayed in a 8 bed room, it was clean and the beds were sturdy and comfortable with individual lights and power points. The staff were great both for a chat and for help. They helped me organise a car for a day trip, with a discount. Unfortunately the guest kitchen was a bit of a mess. The rest of the facilities were clean and organised. Wifi works best in the bar, but if you get a password (free) worked all the time.

The bar is great place to chill at! The staff are super friendly and location is great! Located in old town but it is a bit of a walk from the train station. Only problem I had was getting kicked out of WiFi every few minutes, which made trip planning difficult.

Great place! Would stay again for sure.

Lovely hostel and very friendly. I was a bit worried that it would be noisy at night but it wasn't a problem.

perfect kitchen, with terrace

It is a nice place to stay if you like the loud bar scene. The lobby was a bit too hectic for me, but that's just my preference. I'm sure it's fine for most people.

Modern and comfortable though lacking more chillout/reading areas. Bar very busy Friday nights but seemed more for non guests.

Only complaint was one of the other guests, so not any fault of the establishment. Some people do not understand hostels and just need to stay in a regular hotel if they can't share the space with others

• 26th May 2015