Hostel Gastama Reviews

109/115 rue de Saint Andre, Lille, France

The shower water was lukewarm at best. The staff also need to be stricter and/or clearer about people not changing beds. Breakfast is expensive for what you offer.

• 20th Feb 2015

I always stay here when I come to Lille and it never disappoints. Usually I travel alone, however, this time I was with a group of friends and we stayed in a private room. Great as always! See you soon Gastama :)

Pro's: Close to the old center and to the citadelle, clean hostel, great bar, friendly staff and free maps Con's: Not possible to sit down in the room (but enough space in the ar), only 2 showers per floor, no hairdryer, not much activities. Tips: 8 bed dorm is very spacious and better than 4 bed, try breakfast at one of the bars in Lille

The staff are very helpful in providing directions to explore Lille. There is a bar downstairs and opposite to the hostel though, so it was quite loud after midnight. The room and toilets are cleaned fairly often but the kitchen is a mess (not really the fault of the hostel though). Overall a pleasant stay at Hostel Gastama.

My friend and I loved the friendly atmosphere and choice of breakfast cereals, and felt very comfortable there. Thanks!

• 16th Feb 2015

Individual bath room with cold water (first time at least, then i used collective bath room ) smelling strange ( not bad just very industrial like in hospital pr retirement house so not so good to me) - bed tissue not 100% white = clean but not with strange signs/color). Now just very perfect for all the rest !

• 13th Feb 2015

It would have been nice to have at least a chair or a hook to put your clothes...

just a little detail, it would be great to have more hooks and/or a shelf in the showers everything else was great, we really had a great time at the gastama

The room looks like an hospital room. They could use some character. But everything was very clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. And the bar was cosy and atmospheric. Certainly a hostel to recommend!

• 7th Feb 2015
  • Belgium

great place to hangout!

The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. Far beyond expectations.

Very good hostel with great atmoshpere and people who work there.

Great hostel and great atmosphere. I didn't really like the room for disabled in which I stayed (although I don't have any disabilities) but apart from that all great. I really loved the kitchen and the bar. Would definitely stay there again!

Nice hostel with nice bars in the neighborhood!

• 2nd Feb 2015
  • Belgium

I've stayed here a couple of times as I regularly travel through Lille. It's always clean, the facilities are excellent (great kitchen!) and the staff are always really helpful and pleasant. The only thing I will say is if you arrive after about 9pm, check-in takes a while as it is located at the bar (which is often packed). But I will continue to stay here regularly!

I just loved your hostel. Have never been to a better one. Love the curtains on the beds and also the bar. It's just excellent.

• 17th Jan 2015

My room card didn't work for my original room, so they upgraded me to a 4 person room for free, which was pretty sweet. The beds were nice, and the curtain really adds some privacy. It's not too far from downtown and the staff was crazy friendly. The bar can be a little loud, but does down around 1 or 2. Great place! Would stay again.

• 15th Jan 2015

I think the price for an 8 bedroom should be less expensive than a 4 bedroom. They are all 22 euros, however most hostels lessen their prices when more people share the room. Except for that, I love staying at Hostel Gastama and I always have an amazing time with really personable staff :)

• 9th Jan 2015

Hey! Sorry about that but I think we had a little misunderstanding... 8 bed dorms are always cheaper than 4 bed, which means here, for example on week end rates (like when you stayed): 22€ in 8 bed accomodation and 26€ in a 4 bed. Except if you have been upgraded for free!... You can see for the rates either at the desk (and even on the front door) or on our website, same rates as on Hostelworld. I'm very happy anyway that you enjoyed the stay. Hope we can see you back someday! Thank you!!!

Best youth hostel ever! It's been my third journey there and I love it more and more each time, especially for the friendly and arty atmosphere. Definitely recommend it!

• 5th Jan 2015

We had an amazing stay during New Years Eve in Lille. The hostel was great! Very nice, clean and big kitchen and enough space to chill. Very nice rooms with good beds and a clean bathroom. Staff was also very helpful to call restaurants to make reservations. Thanks a lot!

• 31st Dec 2014