Hostel Gastama Reviews

109/115 rue de Saint Andre, Lille, France

In the room, there were lots of dust under the beds. The shower was not very clean either at the end of the day. But that's the only thing that is to be improved, all the rest is great !!

• 27th Apr 2015

Only stayed at Gastama overnight but i wish i stayed longer. The hostel is very good and the bar was excellent! Its a little far out of central Lille but not too far to walk anywhere. Must remind myself to visit Lille properly next time round and will definitely stay at Gastama again!

Atmosphere funky and staff cool. Clean facilities. It seems like a party atmosphere every night. Very nice. Only hostel in town though so book in advance.

• 22nd Apr 2015

We made a little mistake whilst booking so one of us 4 was in a different room, but the staff was very helpfull and changed the reservation so we all slept in the same room. We've loved the kitchen and community room.

• 18th Apr 2015

Best hostel I've ever been in !

• 11th Apr 2015

Excellent hostel, better than some hotels I've stayed in.

• 10th Apr 2015

Staff were very friendly - the fact that the hostel is also a proper bar is nice. I can recommend this hostel.

The kitchen was locked and couldn't be opened when we wanted to use it, also my bed's lights and plug sockets didn't work. I told the staff this and they offered to re-book me so I had a different bed but I decided it didn't matter too much as there were other plug sockets I could use and I had a light on my phone. I also had a bit of trouble connecting to the WiFi but by morning it was working. Other than that I was very pleased with my stay.

• 3rd Apr 2015

Breakfast could be better but otherwise this hostel has it all! The owner seems like a lovely man.

This was absolutely the best hostel I have ever stayed at. It's located right next to the old city of Lille and a short walk to the opera. Everyone there was very friendly, and the staff were very extremely helpful and friendly. Every night, the bar gets pretty packed with people from all over the world as well as the local Lilloise. I've never been the one to write a review. In fact, this is the first time I have ever reviewed anything online.

• 28th Mar 2015

Well... Your first review is much appreciated here! Thank you!!!

A very good hostel. The 4-bed dormitory I stayed in was spacious and immaculately clean. All the staff I spoke to were very friendly and helpful. The location is good just a short walk north of the city centre in a nice area. There is a large kitchen for guests to use. If I make another visit to Lille I will stay there again.

the staff an the atmosphere are top, but i slept in the dormitory and there was on my floor 1 common toilet and 1 common shower. The hostel was quite empty so no queue, but in high times I think it would be a problem.

• 27th Mar 2015

Very good hostel. The staff was very helpful. The location is ok, but i thought it was going to be closer to the city center. The bar is in my opinion of the highest standard with a lot of locals coming in for a beer or two. However the breakfast was terrible. Not worth the money at all..

• 14th Mar 2015
  • Sweden

We were there on a saturday night, very good ambience in the bar. The beds are good and the rooms quiet. Also, maybe we didn't check this enough, but there's only 2 showers for the 1st floor, so in the morning you can have to wait quite a bit to be able to take your shower.

• 14th Mar 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The showers were gross. I swam for 15 years and have worked in pools for 7 years- when comes to shower I've seen it all. I even brought flip flops but nothing will prepare you for water ankle deep at the bottom of the shower that smells like sewage. The location is a bit far from the cities core but it works.

Hi and thanks for you feedback ! To be honest, we are a bit surprised of your review, there is a deep cleaning everyday of the showers and one member of the team check all of them everyday as well. We are sorry but we do not know what happened but as shown our cleanliness reviews that's not something usual. Thanks for your time and your stay, hope to see you again in the future anyway. Nicolas Reception Manager

I really enjoyed my stay at Gastama Hostel. It was so clean, and the staff was really nice. They have also a bar with cool ambience, with drinks at a good price, and many people having fun. It's not too far from the city center (10-15min walking) and it's placed in a beautiful area. Don't forget to have lunch at Le Vieux de La Vieille, a near restaurant with local food that I loved!

• 7th Mar 2015
  • Spain

I really can't fault this hostel. I've stayed here a few times as I travel via Lille regularly, and it's been excellent every time. The rooms are clean and spacious, beds comfortable, toilets and showers clean, lockers under each bed (you can borrow a padlock from reception), excellent wifi, the atmosphere is superb! It can get a little noisy at weekends as the bar is very popular, but I will continue to stay here whenever I'm passing through!

This is propably the best hostel I've been to, altough is was only for one night. Clean, cheap, nice staff, one of the places to be in Lille.

• 28th Feb 2015
  • Belgium

The shower water was lukewarm at best. The staff also need to be stricter and/or clearer about people not changing beds. Breakfast is expensive for what you offer.

Hi! Thank you for your comment! We are actually trying to solve this problem of hot water that we fail to master (due to technical issues), doing our best to be strict with bed allocation (but unfortunately some guests do not care ...) and are reviewing with our new chef our new proposal for breakfast. We hope that your next visit you can see that we have considered your remarks. Cheers

I always stay here when I come to Lille and it never disappoints. Usually I travel alone, however, this time I was with a group of friends and we stayed in a private room. Great as always! See you soon Gastama :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4