Hostel Gastama Reviews

109/115 rue de Saint Andre, Lille, France

This was a really nice facility and I agree with the great reviews stating that it is in a great location with great security and nice, clean beds! Sadly, it seemed as if they were letting the place go. One of the showers in the bathroom was out of order, 3 out of the 4 sinks in the bathroom were backed up with dirty water and out of order, the WIFI didn't work and the floors were very dirty (the sink in my room had been leaking, making a nasty mess on the dirty floor.)

• 27th Sep 2014

Very nice hostel

• 25th Sep 2014
  • Colombia

Everything is on Average. At night, the bar on the ground floor would be noisy but will be quiet after 12:00. Moreover, I was allergic to the flat sheet. Overall, it's acceptable as it is a young hostel.

• 22nd Sep 2014
  • Taiwan

Really modern hostel and very clean. Extremely comfortable beds with curtains, lights and plugs on the inside - very handy! And having a bar right there makes it very social.

Very friendly. I would stay there again! Highly recommended. Only thing I was not happy about was that people smoked after a certain hour.

• 20th Sep 2014

Nicest hostel I've ever seen in Europe. Wi-Fi is accessible everywhere, there is a plug-in on your bed, a reading light on your bed, and a curtain to pull across when you are sleeping! The hostel is by far one of the cleanest I have ever stayed in!

I really enjoyed staying for 2nights. The room was huge! Everything was new and clean. There is a kitcken which is very useful and clean like at home. It took more than 20 minutes on foot from the Lille station not so far but cobble stone pavement is hard to walk. I think I will be back again!

Very comfortable place and super friendly staff!

• 14th Sep 2014

The hostel was lovely and very secure, you needed your key card to get both through to the dorm area and then to access the room, so I felt very happy leaving my property there during the day. It was the more expensive of the three hostels I stayed in during my trip, though many of the features and facilities were the same, but that didn't put me off. My only minor issue is that the male shower and toilet were seperate, whereas the female ones were in the same room. That wasn't ideal.

Hi! Thank you for your comment! Happy you had a nice experience in our Hostel! I hope you didn't find so many hostels cheaper than ours in France, which is an expensive country for accomodations. About females bathroom, we had a mis-understanding that I'll try to fix with new signs on the walls. Actually, shower and toilets close to your room, disabled persons' bathroom, and elevator, were men's facilities. Those for women were on the left on the other side. But I agree it's hard to know...

I had a really great stay here while searching for accommodation in Lille. The staff were always helpful with their services. You can pay ahead for a 4 Euro breakfast (4 kinds of cereal, baguettes/jam/nutella, juices, coffees. A nice way to start the day. The kitchen on the 2nd floor is fantastic. Two stove tops, an oven, a microwave, plenty of cooking space, and two large refrigerators with freezers. Just fantastic. Plus, the wi-fi is fast in the kitchen & lounge area.

Located above a bar. Noisy into the early morning if your room faces the street.

Awesome, unique hostel in the old town section of Lille. Our dorm room was extremely spacious, the bar seemed really fun and the kitchen facilities were fantastic and were also a really sociable.

Highly recommend this hostel. I commenced my tour of Europe at Lille and could not fault the staff or facilities. The walk from the railway station to the hostel is about 20/25 minutes but I enjoyed it as you walk via the old town. Thought this was fantastic.

• 8th Sep 2014

Ive stayed here several times now, really nice place, all the staff are friendly, the dorms are clean, showers and toilets are also very clean. For the price you cant go wrong.

Stayed over Braderie de Lille weekend so v busy

The dorms are next to a bar but the dorms - at least the one I was sleeping in - was still quiet. The bathroom was okay, though it was a bit annoying that you had to push the button in the shower every 10 seconds. People check-in even at night which can be quite annoying if they leave the light switched on. The price was twice as much for the weekend, not really justified. Apart from that, it was a good hostel, though!

Place is in central location. Very easy to get around by foot. Bar is attached to hostel where all the locals come to drink in the evening which is REALLY cool! Highly recommend this place.

Good vibe, and nice clean rooms. I was rather sure that I'd booked a room with en suite, but this wasn't the case.

Hey! Thank you for the comment!! I'm sorry you were disappointed concerning the ensuite. I can see you booked for an 8 bed female dorm shared bathroom, and actually I must say that we don't have any 8 bed with ensuite (only rooms with ensuite are 6 bed mixed dorm, 4 bed dorms ans privates). Anyway, I'm glad you had a good time in the Hostel and in Lille, and tell me if you come back one day, I will surely upgrade you in a room with ensuite! Ben Owner

It was not crowded, so I got a dorm to myself! The room was very clean and had a wash basin inside. Very good value

I had my time of my life in Gastama! A very good hostel with friendly staff and good atmosphere. Everything was OK. I just wish that the price was cheaper.

• 28th Aug 2014