Hostel Gastama Reviews

109/115 rue de Saint Andre, Lille, France

The team was great!!!

• 20th May 2015

Very clean but kinda loud outside most of the night. Staff was very nice and answered any questions we had.

Overall great hostel, fair prices, 20 minutes from everything (theater, shops, train station), staff is great, and there is an awesome bar downstairs. But there is only one shower (per gender) for the whole floor, same goes for the toilets and the kitchen closes around 7pm...

• 18th May 2015

This hostel was really good; very clean, nice beds and lockers in every room. It has a bar and a party atmosphere most evenings but the rooms are far enough away so you can sleep if you want. Breakfast was good, all you can eat with great, relaxed music.

• 15th May 2015

The Location and atmosphere were certainly great. It would be a recomendation to put on your side that bedlinnen is included but towels arent. Shame the 2 toilets were clogged for a day and the kitchen wasnt accessible cause of a technical problem and one of our roomlamps was broke. When they asked us how our stay was and we told this they said: we fixed all that! It would have been nice to just hear sorry for the inconvenience!

That's true!!! Sorry for the inconvenience! Indeed we really fixed everything out, and it is was a very bad day for us as several things went out of order in the same time. But it is so easy not to justify but just to say: "sorry for the inconvenience...". Done! (a bit late, maybe...). Hope we can see you back anyway, with everything in order!

Their should be some small wardrobe for people to put their clothes.

• 10th May 2015

This is the first time I have stayed in a hostel for 40 years (I am now 68)! I was very impressed by the Hostel Gastama and would certainly like to stay there again on my next trip to Lille. If the Gastama is typical of Hostel World I will certainly look to stay in others of their hostels in the future.

• 10th May 2015

I really appreciated the custom made bunks with power points, lights, and curtains. The kitchen is decent and the staff is friendly and helpful.

The hostel is clean, the staff is friendly. The prices of drinks and sleeping are a little bit high though.

Nice little hostel with a good bar downstairs. Clean and helpful staff! Highly recommend.

Nice clean hostel with comfortable beds! That's a big plus. Hallways could be a little more cozy...

• 7th May 2015

All facilities are really good! It's clean and new. I really enjoy my day in this hostel. There is a bar there but I als can sleep well and it's silence. You can have a private when you sleep. That is the most thing what I like.

Pros: Free computer usage Easy to find Very helpful staff Good beds with individual plug sockets, curtains and lockers large enough for a suitcase WiFi in rooms Cons: Breakfast is non inclusive and is expensive Not the best atmosphere to meet other travelers Overall a good hostel. Would be fantastic if you're in a group and not interested in meeting others.

Hi, Thanks for your stay and your feedback, We are constantly working to improve our breakfast so thanks for your advice, About meeting people, we offer two large commons areas dedicated to socializing with our communal kitchen and the bar where you have the opportunity to meet at the same time local and backpackers, Thanks again for your time and hope to see you someday at Gastama, Nicolas Manager Reception

Stayed in all female dorm bed. Excellent staff and clean facilities. Definitely will return to this hostel when in Lille.

In the room, there were lots of dust under the beds. The shower was not very clean either at the end of the day. But that's the only thing that is to be improved, all the rest is great !!

• 27th Apr 2015

Only stayed at Gastama overnight but i wish i stayed longer. The hostel is very good and the bar was excellent! Its a little far out of central Lille but not too far to walk anywhere. Must remind myself to visit Lille properly next time round and will definitely stay at Gastama again!

Nice hostel, wished I had stayed longer!

Atmosphere funky and staff cool. Clean facilities. It seems like a party atmosphere every night. Very nice. Only hostel in town though so book in advance.

• 22nd Apr 2015

We made a little mistake whilst booking so one of us 4 was in a different room, but the staff was very helpfull and changed the reservation so we all slept in the same room. We've loved the kitchen and community room.

• 18th Apr 2015

Best hostel I've ever been in !

• 11th Apr 2015