Fabulous 1,936 Total Reviews
Fabulous 1,936 Total Reviews
Hostel Gastama Located at 109/115 rue de Saint Andre, , Lille.
France
Lille Nord 59000 109/115 rue de Saint Andre
89% 1936
50.6458140 3.0556154
    Rooms available

• Netherlands, Male, 18-24
15th Aug 2016

I especially liked about this hostel that the bar, the shared kitchen and dining room are well suited to meet other travelers. During August not many non-french tourists visit Lille so for me this was a welcome opportunity.

• Brazil, Female, 25-30
12th Aug 2016

This hostel hás an amazing structure, its impressive how friendly the crew is and has a bar with an amazing atmosfere on the ground floor where everyday theres locals. Best hostel i had been in EUR.

9th Aug 2016

Simply put the place is awesome. Highly recommended they only problem with it is it's a little far outside center city. Bar in the hostel was great and had a really good crowd even though I was only there for a Monday night

• Australia, Female, 18-24
8th Aug 2016

The rooms are huge!! Great to have a curtain to have more privacy too. Very clean. Lots of people come and drink there at night so not sure who is in the hostel and who isnt but its a really nice place and would stay again

• Australia, Couple, 18-24
7th Aug 2016

This place was fantastic, although I only stayed as a stop over for one night. The hallways had a weird smell that was a bit gross but that's the only thing I can think of that detracted from my stay. Everything else was excellent!

• silvanmoro5110
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
31st Jul 2016

I ended up staying at Gastama longer than I initially planned just because I had so much fun. They have amazing kitchen facilities if you want to book yourself, otherwise the food here is great if not just a little expensive. The staff are all super lovely and hanging out at the bar is great, such a good atmosphere. It's a little bit of a walk from the main station at 20 minutes but it's well worth it.

• England, Female, 31-40
29th Jul 2016

Clean, well located for the old part of Lille, wonderful staff, great bar attached. Would definitely go back.

Thank you for your kind words and hope to see you again at Gastama!

• Australia, Female, 25-30
26th Jul 2016
6.0

Hostel is clean but the staff and rude. They out me in a room with no electricity and then moved me the next day and said I could have a drink in the house. Late that day when I asked for the drink they refused and embarrassed me saying they had no idea was talking about . They also ignored me when I asked for directions. The bar is full of locals every night who do not want to socialise so to meet people you have to stay in the kitchen area of the hostel . Overall- I'm sure an air Bnb is better

Dear guest, Thank you for your opinion. We are very surprised though by the way you describe our staff. We are not used to comments like that. We apologise deeply for the inconvenience that the electricity caused you but we do not believe that our staff was rude with you neither that we were ignoring your demand for directions. It might be that you did not make it clear to us that you actually wanted to ask something. If you regard our staff rating and our general feedback you might overthink your general idea about the hostel but you have all the rights to say what your concerns are and I deeply regret if you did not have a pleasant stay at Gastama.

• England, Female, 41+
17th Jul 2016

The staff was very helpful and friendly. We enjoyed our (short) stay and felt safe and comfortable. Our room was clean.

• Canada, Mixed Group, 41+
  • Globetrotter
16th Jul 2016

The hostel had great activity recommendations for me and my dad. It was clean and had a great location; walking distance to all the sites in town. Great vibe throughout the hostel.