Hostel Gastama Reviews

109/115 rue de Saint Andre, Lille, France

I enjoyed my stay very much and in case I should go back to Lille I'd certainly book a room there again.

• 18th Nov 2014

Stayed for one night on a Friday mid November. The staff were really friendly and made the effort to get to know you. The bar got very busy with mostly locals and it was a party vibe till the early hours. Very modern, clean and spacious. Big kitchen facilities and only 10min walk from the train station. Slightly more expensive than other hostels I stayed in but the facilities justify this

Cool hostel, good vibes. The bar is amazing, the staff very nice. It was a pity to spend there - and in lovely Lille - one night only.

Excellent hostel, the rooms are really clean and organized, they have a bar in the hostel that proposed the socialization between people that are there, coffe really worth it! It is not so close of the center of the city but anyway, it's an excellent hostel

• 10th Nov 2014

Rooms were very spacious and clean Good kitchen and cooking facilities Breakfast not included and is quite expensive for what you get

Perfect place to stay, the staff is perfect and the bar is a excellent to meet new people.

One of the best hostels I stayed at. Very clean, very safe, very well located. Bonus point : unlike the vast majority of hostels, power sockets are available next to the head lamp, so you can recharge your smartphone safely while you sleep.

We received a really nice welcome so were excited to be staying here, the hostel is nice, good bar with a good selection of beers. Aside from the boy who greeted us the staff seemed to be put off by having to get you a drink or anything else, i would not stay here if you are english as this level of service only seemed to extend to us, i could see others were having a fantastic time. And they double booked one of our beds, no apology, was woken at 3am by another person trying to get into bed

Hi! I'm happy you had a good time in the Hostel and sorry you had some bad experiences. The points are: we're always very happy when people like to come and enjoy the Bar at the ground floor, and we never do any over or double booking (but sometimes people don't want to listen carefully or read their welcoming card so that they can know without any mistake which bed in the dorm they can use). Thank you for the comment anyway, unless the rate seems a bit hard for us...

Loved the vibe at this hostel, so friendly and warm and the kitchen is exceptional! Really loved staying here :)

• 2nd Nov 2014

The electric socks in room 103 are not working. So there is no way you can charge your device. Everything else was very nice and working. I appreciate the friendly staff and atmopshere

• 1st Nov 2014

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The lock on the bedroom was broken, so everybody could get in. The bathroom was dirty, the water stayed always in the sinks; there were only two showers, so you had to wait almost always. The prices in the bar were a little high.

• 25th Oct 2014

Great place to meet travelers. Lille is gorgeous.

A really relaxed friendly atmosphere with young staff who are always willing to help. The bar has a great selection of beers on tap and the locals are about to watch a match on the telly. A great mix of internationals and French people. The rooms are safe and clean and the location is great. Probably one of the best hostels I've stayed in for a while. I would definitely recommend!

• 25th Oct 2014

The girl at the front desk not so nice, but the guy was really nice and helpful and very talkative! Kitchen is really good, close to a supermarket! area close to bar area which is fun! Rooms are pretty decent! Showers okay.

What more can I say, very good, highly recommended.

This was a great hostel and I particularly enjoyed the bar and atmosphere on the evening! Facilities were great and the room was very clean.

• 23rd Oct 2014
  • mark3lions8035

Just right for what we needed, friendl and helpful staff, overall very good.

On arriving, the guy with the beard could not do enough to help me out even though he was busy - he was brilliant. The hostel is a 15 minute walk away from the city square which is a little too much if you're back and forth (on cobbled walkways). However, in saying that, it is close to the river (which leads you to the FREE zoo which is worth a little look). Take a lock if you need to securely put things in your cage under the bed (I wasn't told that) - £17 a night is great value for me!

• 22nd Oct 2014

The hostel was really good. Our room was spotless and spacious. All the staff were genuinely friendly and helpful. The downstairs bar is a big winner with guests and locals alike.

• 22nd Oct 2014

Great Hostel, stayed in hostels all over the world, I wish they'd been like this one. Thanks.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7