Hostel Gastama Reviews

109/115 rue de Saint Andre, Lille, France

Good location, atmosphere and very helpful staff. Clean. There was just a problem with the sink in the room but I told them about it so it should be fine. Recommended.

nice location close to "vieux lille" and cool environment…though encountered some problems with the water tubings of the shared bathrooms and the heating systems..

Everything was good except the shower and the room facilities. We had two doublebed it was great but there wasn't a little table or something to put our things. I just think that for the price the shower could be better (we had to push the shower every 10 seconds to have water and it was not so warm) and the room with a little table or a chair.

• 20th Nov 2015
  • Switzerland

Really good hostel, very clean and good facilities. Staff were friendly. The curtains on the beds were nice and private but the hostel didn't have a super social atmosphere, but we still really enjoyed being there.

Seul point négatif : le soucis de l'écologie (mise en place du tri des déchets, notamment dans la cuisine commune, radiateurs aux thermostats bloqués, ...).

• 16th Nov 2015

I absolutely adore you guys and you know it! I stay at this hostel every time I am in Lille and it never disappoints! The staff are wonderful and make the experience excellent

• 12th Nov 2015

Great hostel! Staff were all very helpful and nice - no snotty attitudes about questions or assistance. The dude with the beard was hot, too! The room was super clean and I had a six person dorm to myself in the shoulder season. Easy enough to get to from the train station. I would def recommend this place and would go back if I'm ever in Lille again.

Truely nice staff, nice place

Amazingly clean and friendly and lovely staff :)

Rather new and clean place. Me and two other friends all slept wonderfully! Good beds and no snoring neighbours was a treat :)

• 7th Nov 2015

It was excellent value for money, the people and atmosphere were great! Couldn't have asked for better!

Very clean other than the kitchen, nice people. Good location though it's a bit far from the train station (but still walkable).

I was a little worried when I found out I was in the room closest to the bar but there was no noise which was great! The staff were wonderful and facilities were clean with plenty of space. I especially liked having a curtain for my bed space. Made it a personal space despite being in a room with 9 other people.

Overrated. The facilities were fine, but that's not what I stay at a hostel for. Some of the staff members tried to make a difference, but some just didn't care (and couldn't bother to smile really). Also, it's a member of the world's famous hostels group, so I was expecting it to be a fun place. It does boast a bar, but it's difficult to meet people. I felt I was the only one there who didn't speak French, as the bar attracts many locals and other hostel guests are nowhere to be found.

• 30th Oct 2015

Hi ! Thanks for your stay and review. We can understand that you maybe haven't lived the best experience ever. Indeed, this week-end we hosted a lot of French groups. However as you can see we have about 1600 reviews which means our rating is quiet representative. In addition to the bar, we also have a common room on the first floor exclusively for the guests of the hostel. So it seems that is your case it's more bad luck than an overrating of hostel. Nonetheless we hope to see you again!

We entered the hostel and felt welcome from the first minute. We've never had before such a cosy and bed. Even the kitchen is modern, clean and we'll equipped. The bar located on the ground floor plays good music and even the is really nice. ;)

clean and good rooms

Good hostel with very friendly staff. The bar is so cool it attracts a lot of local customers.

nice bar, english speaking staff, clean facilities. Too bad dorms don't select for snoring guests (but no other hostels do either)

• 16th Oct 2015

Fantastic place to stay, friendly staff go above and beyond to make sure you are happy!

Nice and clean hostel. Staff is friendly. There is a bar and kitchen. Would be nice if there were more English speaking guests or if the common room is at a more central place, so it's easier to meet other guests of the hostel. I recommend this hostel. I did lose something in the hostel that they didn't find back :-(