Hostel Gastama Reviews

109/115 rue de Saint Andre, Lille, France

We received a really nice welcome so were excited to be staying here, the hostel is nice, good bar with a good selection of beers. Aside from the boy who greeted us the staff seemed to be put off by having to get you a drink or anything else, i would not stay here if you are english as this level of service only seemed to extend to us, i could see others were having a fantastic time. And they double booked one of our beds, no apology, was woken at 3am by another person trying to get into bed

Hi! I'm happy you had a good time in the Hostel and sorry you had some bad experiences. The points are: we're always very happy when people like to come and enjoy the Bar at the ground floor, and we never do any over or double booking (but sometimes people don't want to listen carefully or read their welcoming card so that they can know without any mistake which bed in the dorm they can use). Thank you for the comment anyway, unless the rate seems a bit hard for us...

Loved the vibe at this hostel, so friendly and warm and the kitchen is exceptional! Really loved staying here :)

The electric socks in room 103 are not working. So there is no way you can charge your device. Everything else was very nice and working. I appreciate the friendly staff and atmopshere

• 1st Nov 2014

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The lock on the bedroom was broken, so everybody could get in. The bathroom was dirty, the water stayed always in the sinks; there were only two showers, so you had to wait almost always. The prices in the bar were a little high.

• 25th Oct 2014

Great place to meet travelers. Lille is gorgeous.

A really relaxed friendly atmosphere with young staff who are always willing to help. The bar has a great selection of beers on tap and the locals are about to watch a match on the telly. A great mix of internationals and French people. The rooms are safe and clean and the location is great. Probably one of the best hostels I've stayed in for a while. I would definitely recommend!

• 25th Oct 2014

The girl at the front desk not so nice, but the guy was really nice and helpful and very talkative! Kitchen is really good, close to a supermarket! area close to bar area which is fun! Rooms are pretty decent! Showers okay.

What more can I say, very good, highly recommended.

This was a great hostel and I particularly enjoyed the bar and atmosphere on the evening! Facilities were great and the room was very clean.

• 23rd Oct 2014
  • mark3lions8035

Just right for what we needed, friendl and helpful staff, overall very good.

On arriving, the guy with the beard could not do enough to help me out even though he was busy - he was brilliant. The hostel is a 15 minute walk away from the city square which is a little too much if you're back and forth (on cobbled walkways). However, in saying that, it is close to the river (which leads you to the FREE zoo which is worth a little look). Take a lock if you need to securely put things in your cage under the bed (I wasn't told that) - £17 a night is great value for me!

• 22nd Oct 2014

The hostel was really good. Our room was spotless and spacious. All the staff were genuinely friendly and helpful. The downstairs bar is a big winner with guests and locals alike.

• 22nd Oct 2014

Great Hostel, stayed in hostels all over the world, I wish they'd been like this one. Thanks.

• 22nd Oct 2014

This hostel is awesome. The staff were so friendly and the rooms were in pristine condition. It is really well designed for backpackers, the rooms have lockers and each bed has a plug. It's a little out of the center, around a 10 minute walk, but there is a supermarket two blocks down the road.

Very good hostel rooms very big and luggage storage, also very clean rooms as well. Overall a very good stay and I will come back again

Good location, amazing bar to find fellows, good deal, clean and calm enough to get some good sleep and wild enough to come back for sure!

Had a comfortable stay in this hostel, which was made all the more pleasant by the friendly, helpful staff. I would definitely stay here again, and recommend likewise. The only thing I picked up on was that the shower in my room was blocked up. Not a major issue though because there was an additional shower on my floor:) The bar was great too, with a good selection of beer. On the downside there weren't that many fellow travellers to chat to, but still beats the average hotel bar!

Definitely coming back

• 10th Oct 2014

Great staff, great location great atmosphere, very clean. Loved it all. Will definitely stay there again if we return.

• 7th Oct 2014
  • Couple, 41+

The best hostel I have ever been to.

• 7th Oct 2014