Hostel Gastama Reviews

109/115 rue de Saint Andre, Lille, France

Great hostel and great atmosphere. I didn't really like the room for disabled in which I stayed (although I don't have any disabilities) but apart from that all great. I really loved the kitchen and the bar. Would definitely stay there again!

Nice hostel with nice bars in the neighborhood!

• 2nd Feb 2015
  • Belgium

I've stayed here a couple of times as I regularly travel through Lille. It's always clean, the facilities are excellent (great kitchen!) and the staff are always really helpful and pleasant. The only thing I will say is if you arrive after about 9pm, check-in takes a while as it is located at the bar (which is often packed). But I will continue to stay here regularly!

a fantastic hostel with a very good bar :-)

I just loved your hostel. Have never been to a better one. Love the curtains on the beds and also the bar. It's just excellent.

• 17th Jan 2015

My room card didn't work for my original room, so they upgraded me to a 4 person room for free, which was pretty sweet. The beds were nice, and the curtain really adds some privacy. It's not too far from downtown and the staff was crazy friendly. The bar can be a little loud, but does down around 1 or 2. Great place! Would stay again.

• 15th Jan 2015

I think the price for an 8 bedroom should be less expensive than a 4 bedroom. They are all 22 euros, however most hostels lessen their prices when more people share the room. Except for that, I love staying at Hostel Gastama and I always have an amazing time with really personable staff :)

• 9th Jan 2015

Hey! Sorry about that but I think we had a little misunderstanding... 8 bed dorms are always cheaper than 4 bed, which means here, for example on week end rates (like when you stayed): 22€ in 8 bed accomodation and 26€ in a 4 bed. Except if you have been upgraded for free!... You can see for the rates either at the desk (and even on the front door) or on our website, same rates as on Hostelworld. I'm very happy anyway that you enjoyed the stay. Hope we can see you back someday! Thank you!!!

Best youth hostel ever! It's been my third journey there and I love it more and more each time, especially for the friendly and arty atmosphere. Definitely recommend it!

• 5th Jan 2015

We had an amazing stay during New Years Eve in Lille. The hostel was great! Very nice, clean and big kitchen and enough space to chill. Very nice rooms with good beds and a clean bathroom. Staff was also very helpful to call restaurants to make reservations. Thanks a lot!

• 31st Dec 2014

Great place! Great environment really enjoyed my stay there. Would totally recomend it.

• 29th Dec 2014
  • Argentina

Very fine hostel in a nice neighbourhood!

• 27th Dec 2014
  • Belgium

Nice Hostel not far from the center and the train station. Rooms are spacious with curtain on each bed. Shower were clean and breakfast was basic but good value for the price (juice, coffee and toast/cereales). They have a nice bar with a lot of different draught beer. The place is cozy in the day and full in the evening with a good mix of locals and guests. Friendly staff also. Best adress for backpacker in Lille for sure!

Overprice but convenient hotel !

• 24th Dec 2014

Hey! Thanks for your comment, which helps us to improve the service. We have to say however that we are a hostel, not a hotel, which often is a misunderstanding with french customers. And our average rate for one night is around 25.00€, which is not so overpriced for a hostel in Europe and in France, I would say... Thanks anyway! Hope we can see you back in Lille!

A really clean, safe and friendly environment that was superb value for money. Also a great location, as it's only a 15-minute walk from the city centre.

• 22nd Dec 2014

Good solid hostel, nice bar downstairs (did not try the food but it looked like everyone else was enjoying it). The only let down about the room was the shower/sink. They are push button activated and only last 20 seconds or so at a time and my room had lukewarm water at best. Other than that, nice place to stay.

Should not have to pay for breakfast as they make so much money in bar. It's not up to much anyway (disgusting coffee and orange juice both from machines) so even more reason not to pay. Also, price differed from first morning to the next. Either way should be free. Took staff a while to deal with a security issue I had. Especially one particular staffer. She and another of the girls were rude, re that and generally. Location ok. Nice kitchen to use. Ad says children welcome. Yeah right!!

Hi and thanks for your review, Sorry you did not enjoy the breakfast, even if we have machine, we use products of qualities inside. About the prices, the breakfast is 4€ when you booked it and 5€ afterwards. Concerning your problem of security, I can confirm the girls who were present this morning were not authorized to do what you asked, that's why they told you to come back later to check with an other staff member, We are really sorry If that were not properly interpreted. Nicolas

No hot water in showers !!!!!!!!!!!

So sorry about that !!!!! We had an important issue with hot water that has been solved by now. Of course too late for you... Just come back and you'll have the first night for free! Sorry again...

Shower was cold !

• 12th Dec 2014

Bonjour et merci pour votre commentaire, Toutes nos excuses pour le problème d'eau chaude qui a été assez délicat pour nous à régler, nous ne manquerons pas de nous faire pardonner en vous offrant un verre lors de votre prochaine vue, Merci encore pour votre séjour et désolé pour ce désagrément, Nicolas

Everything was excellent, but it should be noted that the staff was more than excellent.

• 10th Dec 2014
  • Serbia

Very nice hostel in the middle of the beautiful old town. Facilities were good, though I think the breakfast could be improved with some fruit as it currently consists of bread and cereal. Overall a very nice stay :)

• 9th Dec 2014