Hostel Gastama Reviews

109/115 rue de Saint Andre, Lille, France

Everything was excellent, but it should be noted that the staff was more than excellent.

• 10th Dec 2014
  • Serbia

Very nice hostel in the middle of the beautiful old town. Facilities were good, though I think the breakfast could be improved with some fruit as it currently consists of bread and cereal. Overall a very nice stay :)

• 9th Dec 2014

Nice hostel rooms are huge, beds are nice and have there won curtains so quite private. The staff here are great, funny kind and helpful The showers are the one let down basically a hose strapped to the wall, the one time I used them it was luke warm.

Stayed here for a weekend to enjoy the Christmas market and really enjoyed it. Took a dorm room and it was very clean. I was with a 'hostel virgin' who enjoyed the social aspect of the bar downstairs and in her words the room was 'cleaner than expected'. It was a little chilly but then I was there in December. Heating never quite warmed up. Would recommend this cute place and Lille in general was a pleasant surprise.

The shower gave only about 15 seconds of wTer before it turned off, much to short a time period to get the soap off.. Moreover, you could not adjust the shower head to minimise the wTer which got all over the bathroom. The staff even when asked in French how to get to the train station declined to tell me. It is basic information any receptionist should be able to impart.. Also, as they have removed the curtains around the beds there is a lack of privacy

Hi and thanks for you review, Sorry you do not appreciate the showers, we use this system over all for ecological concerns, perhaps a room ensuite would have been better for you. About the train station, sorry but we still try to understand what happened because both receptionnist who were working when you asked are fluent french/english and they know precisely the way to get there.About the problem with the curtains in your room, this kind of room never had curtains around the beds. Nicolas

Staff were very friendly both in the check in process and check out. When we had questions about the surrounding city they very readily answered our questions. The room was very nice and clean.

Great atmosphere, would definitely come back here again if I return to Lille.

I had friends staying on 1st and 2nd floors and they complained about the noise.

• 28th Nov 2014

A very friendly, well run hostel in Old Lille. The rooms were basic but clean and well equipped. A short walk from the city centre and a perfect base for your stay in Lille.

• 28th Nov 2014

The people at the reception was very nice, helpful and friendly. The room, shared bathroom and toilet were very cleaned. As a female, I felt safe. The hostel is at 10 min by bus from the train station.

• 19th Nov 2014

I enjoyed my stay very much and in case I should go back to Lille I'd certainly book a room there again.

• 18th Nov 2014

Excellent stay! The room was well designed, my bed was confortable And I liked the big compartments for luggage And personal belongings under the beds. Breakfast was cheap And hearty. I Will definitely book at Gastama when I travel to lille again.

• 16th Nov 2014

Stayed for one night on a Friday mid November. The staff were really friendly and made the effort to get to know you. The bar got very busy with mostly locals and it was a party vibe till the early hours. Very modern, clean and spacious. Big kitchen facilities and only 10min walk from the train station. Slightly more expensive than other hostels I stayed in but the facilities justify this

Cool hostel, good vibes. The bar is amazing, the staff very nice. It was a pity to spend there - and in lovely Lille - one night only.

Excellent hostel, the rooms are really clean and organized, they have a bar in the hostel that proposed the socialization between people that are there, coffe really worth it! It is not so close of the center of the city but anyway, it's an excellent hostel

• 10th Nov 2014

Rooms were very spacious and clean Good kitchen and cooking facilities Breakfast not included and is quite expensive for what you get

Very secured, welcoming and well located hostel. The bar is really great! I definitly recommend :)

Perfect place to stay, the staff is perfect and the bar is a excellent to meet new people.

One of the best hostels I stayed at. Very clean, very safe, very well located. Bonus point : unlike the vast majority of hostels, power sockets are available next to the head lamp, so you can recharge your smartphone safely while you sleep.

We received a really nice welcome so were excited to be staying here, the hostel is nice, good bar with a good selection of beers. Aside from the boy who greeted us the staff seemed to be put off by having to get you a drink or anything else, i would not stay here if you are english as this level of service only seemed to extend to us, i could see others were having a fantastic time. And they double booked one of our beds, no apology, was woken at 3am by another person trying to get into bed

Hi! I'm happy you had a good time in the Hostel and sorry you had some bad experiences. The points are: we're always very happy when people like to come and enjoy the Bar at the ground floor, and we never do any over or double booking (but sometimes people don't want to listen carefully or read their welcoming card so that they can know without any mistake which bed in the dorm they can use). Thank you for the comment anyway, unless the rate seems a bit hard for us...