Hostel Gastama Reviews

109/115 rue de Saint Andre, Lille, France

nice hostel, friendly and helpful staff, everything is new, but not enough showers in the building. but i would recommend it! we had a good time!

the charge of 1.50€ for booking from hostelworld is excessive

• 4th Oct 2014

It was really cool, a little noisy maybe, because i was here for work, so it was quite hard for me to get asleep, but, it was cool anyway. I really appreciate the access to the kitchen !

• 3rd Oct 2014

Great gem of a hostel. Great position and cool bar with friendly locals and staff. Wouldn't stay anywhere else if in Lille.

• All Male Group, 41+

very pleasant stay and comfortable beds

• 3rd Oct 2014

i spend two nights at the gastama's hotel, was great fun, i met some amazing people. the staff is great, the breakkie really good after good hangover;) it's a really nice place to stay in Lille.

• 2nd Oct 2014

Nice hostel which is located at the edge of the city centre. The hostel is very secure, with a key card needed to get into the hostel and into each room, and fairly large lockers under the beds to store your belongings. I only stayed one night, and had to get up early the following morning so didn't make use of the bar in the hostel, but it seemed really busy with a nice atmosphere. Would use this hostel again if I were to return to Lille.

lovely lovely place to stay, fantastic bar and super friendly staff. room was pleasant and each bed had a curtain, a reading light and two personal plug sockets. no problems with the WiFi I got it everywhere in the building. the only qualm I had was the shower, the shared bathroom itself was fine but the shower was like having boiling water thrown on you for 6 seconds before turning off. Other than that I really enjoyed the two nights I had there and I would thoroughly recommend Hostel Gastama.

My boyfriend and I spent one night here in a private room and it was great! The beds were quite a bit roomier than one would expect for a hostel and much more comfortable. We slept wonderfully. Fully recommend Gastama and we will be back next time we are in Lille.

A very, very nice hostel to stay at! Recomend everyone a stay here.

This was a really nice facility and I agree with the great reviews stating that it is in a great location with great security and nice, clean beds! Sadly, it seemed as if they were letting the place go. One of the showers in the bathroom was out of order, 3 out of the 4 sinks in the bathroom were backed up with dirty water and out of order, the WIFI didn't work and the floors were very dirty (the sink in my room had been leaking, making a nasty mess on the dirty floor.)

• 27th Sep 2014

Very nice hostel

• 25th Sep 2014
  • Colombia

Everything is on Average. At night, the bar on the ground floor would be noisy but will be quiet after 12:00. Moreover, I was allergic to the flat sheet. Overall, it's acceptable as it is a young hostel.

• 22nd Sep 2014
  • Taiwan

Really modern hostel and very clean. Extremely comfortable beds with curtains, lights and plugs on the inside - very handy! And having a bar right there makes it very social.

Very friendly. I would stay there again! Highly recommended. Only thing I was not happy about was that people smoked after a certain hour.

• 20th Sep 2014

Nicest hostel I've ever seen in Europe. Wi-Fi is accessible everywhere, there is a plug-in on your bed, a reading light on your bed, and a curtain to pull across when you are sleeping! The hostel is by far one of the cleanest I have ever stayed in!

I really enjoyed staying for 2nights. The room was huge! Everything was new and clean. There is a kitcken which is very useful and clean like at home. It took more than 20 minutes on foot from the Lille station not so far but cobble stone pavement is hard to walk. I think I will be back again!

Very comfortable place and super friendly staff!

• 14th Sep 2014

The hostel was lovely and very secure, you needed your key card to get both through to the dorm area and then to access the room, so I felt very happy leaving my property there during the day. It was the more expensive of the three hostels I stayed in during my trip, though many of the features and facilities were the same, but that didn't put me off. My only minor issue is that the male shower and toilet were seperate, whereas the female ones were in the same room. That wasn't ideal.

Hi! Thank you for your comment! Happy you had a nice experience in our Hostel! I hope you didn't find so many hostels cheaper than ours in France, which is an expensive country for accomodations. About females bathroom, we had a mis-understanding that I'll try to fix with new signs on the walls. Actually, shower and toilets close to your room, disabled persons' bathroom, and elevator, were men's facilities. Those for women were on the left on the other side. But I agree it's hard to know...

I had a really great stay here while searching for accommodation in Lille. The staff were always helpful with their services. You can pay ahead for a 4 Euro breakfast (4 kinds of cereal, baguettes/jam/nutella, juices, coffees. A nice way to start the day. The kitchen on the 2nd floor is fantastic. Two stove tops, an oven, a microwave, plenty of cooking space, and two large refrigerators with freezers. Just fantastic. Plus, the wi-fi is fast in the kitchen & lounge area.