Hostel Gastama Reviews

109/115 rue de Saint Andre, Lille, France

There is no breakfast included in the price, but despite this the hostel offers really good and civilised conditions for a comfortable staying.

Excellent hostel. Very welcoming and helpful - Special thanks to the staff at the reception who baked us delicious cake and made us "special" Speculoos coffee in the morning, we will not forget to come back soon! :)

• 15th Nov 2013

I found the breakfast overpriced. Five Euros for some cereal and baguette and jam with coffee seemed a bit much compared to other breakfasts I had enjoyed on my holiday.

Easily one of the best hostels i've been at. The rooms are spacious and clean, the staff is very friendly and the bar is very popular with the locals, so it's crowded.

I had a great stay at Hostel Gastama!!I stayed for one week, the staff is super friendly and help you with everything ( all of them speak good english). On the ground floor there is the Gastama bar, which is every night full of people and where you can enjoy a good beer. also the common room is very chill. All in all a very nice, cozy hostel in the centre of Lille. Couldn`t be any better! :) I will come back on some beers :)

• 11th Nov 2013

What a wonderfull place to stay the night! I regret it I've only been here for one night, but I'll definitely come back. The atmosphere is unique: a lot of young, open-minded people and travellers (but there's also place for families), the staff interact with the guests and is very willing to help and the interior design is just beautiful. It's perfect and such a advantage having a shared kitchen, which is wel equipped and very clean. Also a nice place to meet new people and have a drink!

• 10th Nov 2013

Loved it, very clean, spacious rooms and a brilliant kitchen. Not to mention a lovely location! Would return.

great bar attached to the hostel good for meeting people, very nice and new facilities and excellent location in olde Lile

The hostel is very modern and very clean, it is attached to a great bar and in a good location.

Friendly staff, comfortable beds with privacy curtains, quite spacious for a hostel, great decor. The only downside is that throughout our 3 day stay, there was never any soap in the dispensers in the ladies bathroom. That aside, no complaints, and I would happily stay here again.

• 1st Nov 2013

When you book a private room, with our without bathroom in the room, I think you should have the choise between 'normal beds' and 'bunk beds'. In the room, I missed one or 2 chairs and something to put our clothes on. Diner: it was good but I would recomment to certainly offer some cheese!! If its possible also offer some white cheese too. I missed it and I think people would like that.

Very good welcome by a nice staff.

• 1st Nov 2013

Fantastic hostel. Nice beds with curtains. Very modern. The front staff couldn't have been nicer, remembered my name. As usual, it's the people who use these hostels that tick me off. No fault of the establishment. C'mon people, let's show each other a little respect.

We loved our stay at Gastama! The staff we're really friendly, the beds were comfy and the bar downstairs was always busy and vibrant. Would definitely recommend the hostel and Lille itself for a budget city break!

• 29th Oct 2013

Hostel Gastama was a great place to stay and had a small, warm and cozy feel to it. The staff were super friendly and very helpful with places to go, things to see, and discounts to take advantage of. The rooms are large, clean, and have sliding lockers big enough for a bag's worth of valuables under the bed. The bar in the main room is a great environment for meeting people. Although it's not directly in the center of the city, it's definitely worth the money for the comfortable experience.

The hostel is located in the old city area which the locals told me that it is the good neighborhood.(about 20 minutes walk from train station) Even though they have a bar at night, it is very quiet in the rooms. And they have electronic door locks. Overall, I enjoyed my stay there.

Very clean bathroom, rooms, and kitchen, helpful staff, very popular at night due to the bar. Location is a bit out of the way but not too far from a bus stop or two, and makes the street quiet at night.

• 22nd Oct 2013

Great little hostel in a lovely city!!! Unfortunately I had a long trip to Lille and only a stay of one night so didn't take advantage of most of the facilities. It was also off season so not sure what the atmosphere is normally like. Great bar at the hostel. Staff were really friendly and helpful!!. Location was good, easy walking distance to all sights, maybe 20-25 mins walk from train station (with luggage, less without).

Very nice, 20 min walk from the train station, 10 min walk to the old town. The street has many good restaurents. The hostel has a nice big kitchen and dining room where you can cook and eat. Breakfast for 4 euro is very cheap and you get enough. The only negative point was the thin walls trough which you hear a lot If you sleep next to the shares bathroom. Would definitely stay here again

• 19th Oct 2013
  • Belgium

The hostel is quite modern with a lively bar downstairs. It's an easy 15 min stroll to the older part of Lille.