Hostel Gastama Reviews

109/115 rue de Saint Andre, Lille, France

One of the best hostels I have ever state at. Clean, quiet, well-equipped, etc. Also, friendly

Loved the bar, the selection of beer, and the owner was very nice.

• 24th Jun 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Great time, staff seemed a bit stoned lol but good place to stay, clean and fun

• 24th Jun 2014

We stayed only one night waiting for train connections. We thought the hostel had great atmospher and was friendly. They easily found a secure location for our two bikes with no problem.

Lovely hostel. Great atmosphere and vibe. Lovely place to meet fellow travellers.

A new real hostel in France. Clean rooms and bathroom, helpfull staff, close to the old town, a bar downstair to share a beer with your friends or other travellers. A very nice place to stay in Lille.

perfect hostels in a wonderful city

I made a reservation a four-bed mixed room with internal bathroom and had a three-bed room all for myself! I also appreciated the availabilty of lockers for my luggage and the all-you-can-drink-and-eat breakfast for only 5 €.

• 13th Jun 2014

I could mention this hostel as one of the best I've ever stayed in. Security is not a problem at all, as you have to use a keycard to have access to the rooms' area and to the rooms themselves. Plus, there are lockers inside the rooms. It has an easy location to find, plus there are many bars around. Speaking of bars, its own bar is really cool and you can meet many people there, not only travellers. Its staff and atmosphere are friendly and welcoming.

I was only there for one night. It was a pleasant, quiet stay and my room and the bathrooms were really clean. The staff could have been more friendly I think, but all in all, it's a very good hostel.

• 8th Jun 2014

Our stay was quite nice and we didn't have any problems. Still, we noticed two things that could've been a problem. First of all there really weren't enough toilets or showers on the floors, one of each for men and women (separately). And the men's shower was broken during our stay. Luckily the hostel wasn't too packed so we had no problem with that in the end. Also, the shower's temperature could not be changed, which is always really annoying.

My three friends and I booked one room for four and everything went smoothly! The staff was very nice, offering us a coffee right after we crossed the door. We checked in and head to the bar downstairs (behind the reception) and were impressed by the layout bar itself (they got a very nice terrace at the back with tables and chairs to enjoy the good weather we had that weekend!). We loved the atmosphere! The bar is great!! We had an amazing night partying!

Great stay. Only complaint breakfast extra, and staff attend to bar before reception.

One night someone left the window open and I got eaten alive by mosquitos. The next night I was sure to close the window, and the room was too hot to sleep in. I slept terribly both nights. The kitchen is well stocked, but no one cleans it! This could easily be a great hostel to stay in if the windows had screens to stop the bugs from coming in/air conditioning, the staff were friendlier and did a better cleaning job, and the facilities were better maintained.

Lovely hostel to stay in, really sociable atmosphere. Room was spacious and beds had curtains for that bit of privacy/light blocking. Take a padlock for the luggage cages under the bed, which I could fit a solid suitcase and day rucksack in. Bar had 10 types of draft beer although a little pricey (~€6) but live music which didn't disturb the rooms. A little hard to find but then Lille is a giant maze anyway, was there 3 days and still had carry a map! :-)

Little bit far from coach station, long way to walk, no quiet common area at night as a Bar inside the hostel, very noisy! Room is spacious and clean.

amazing place!!! good atmosphere, they have a bar that's one of the best in the city, everything is clean and tidy. Totaly good!

I forgot to leave my card key. Very sorry.. Anyway, you guys were wonderful to help me.

• 25th May 2014
  • South Korea

Very friendly and helpful staff. And overall a very good hostel, although has a nice bar downstairs it's quiet upstairs. The only problem is that if you have very tough time to sleep, the beds are noisy (for me it was not an issue).

Great place with easy-going and nice staff! Very clean, OK location (10 min walk to the centrum), ok breakfast (coffee, tea, juice, bread, cereals and muesli. Good wifi, nice bar downstairs. Big lockers under the beds (remember to take your own lock). Very good and comfortable beds with curtains. All in all, one of the nicest hostels I've been. :)