Hostel Gastama Reviews

109/115 rue de Saint Andre, Lille, France

Great hostel. Nice big rooms. Curtain on bed was great. Pillow was hard and uncomfortable, I couldn't sleep on it. Was stay here again :) Breakfast was ok.

Great Hostel, Great staff! Really friendly for people with handicap!

Nice decorated bar with a lot of atmosphere in the night, but rooms are 'cold' decorated. Could use some nice decoration.

• 9th Oct 2015
  • Belgium

I spent one night at Hostel Gastama. The place was great, clean, and staff was friendly and helpful. I opted for a Standard Twin Private room which I found a bit overpriced for a privatized dorm. If I were to do it again, I would probably opt for a Deluxe Double Bed Private room (more expensive but probably better value for money). Note that I had the opportunity to discuss this point with Gastama’s Manager and ended having constructive exchanges with him (which is always appreciable!).

Very nice place, facilities are great. Only thing is it's hard to meet other people, because at the bar you can't tell who is traveling or who is just at a bar in their own city... That integration is kind of nice but also intimidating for a solo traveler! All in all, really great place. Would recommend.

i enjoyed my stay at gastama and have decided to include it in the short list of hostels that i could visit even if were in the wilderness!: well situated, comprehensive (of all the many hostels i've visited, gastama is the only one with a (hitech) induction cooking hob) facilities, wonderful socialisings and excellent customer service. the staff were v helpful & understanding when i lost my wallet, freely letting me use the hostel phone and even (outstanding service) lending me their own money!

The best part of the entire experience was the welcoming and friendly staff!

• 28th Sep 2015

Facilities are excellent and they have the best bathrooms I've ever seen in a hostel, by far. I had to wait a while for checking in since it was late and the only two staff members were busy attending the bar. I also had to wait the next morning for breakfast since there was a lot of people and not enough clean dishes... The staff is very friendly and nice, but for 34 euros a night (including what I paid for breakfast) those small things get a bit more annoying.

The room was very comfortable and great value for money. The staff at Gastama are incredibly helpful and friendly. Unfortunately my room overlooked what I think was a seating area outside, so during the day there was quite a lot of noise and I had to go out because it was so loud. The noise wasn't a problem at night when I was sleeping, but I was woke up in the morning by people talking outside. Other than that, I enjoyed my stay :)

Amazing! The staff were incredibly friendly and spoke very good English. My room was very quiet and comfortable, although my television didn't work. As the Gastama is a bar, at night in particular it was difficult to get to the door that leads to the bedrooms as there were many people in the way and it was extremely busy and loud. I also found the Gastama difficult to find. Although I used la Navette de Vieux Lille, it took a long time to find the Gastama from Rue de St Sebastien.

Gastama has a great location, and almost every night, the bar is full of locals. The rooms are very clean and the kitchen is large and spacious. The atmosphere is great and the staff are very friendly.

Bar is expensive! Fire alarms are far too loud and frequent. Staff were very lovely

• 22nd Sep 2015

I love that the beds are already made and have a curtain for privacy and light. The bar was nice and busy with locals and travellers. Dislike that I could also feel the people on the bunk next to me moving around, not just the other person on my bunk.

Great place. Nice bar downstairs. Friendly staff. I recommend the Gastama. Rooms are clean. I recommend the Gastama

• 19th Sep 2015

I wanted to inform you how great the stay at the Gastama hostel was. It honestly exceeded my expectations and the staff at the hostel were very professional as well as the food being very delicious. \ It is a great hostel and I will definitely be recommending it to other travellers. Lastly and certainly not least I would like to extend my thanks to those two lovely receptionists Natalie and Marta who were absolutely amazing and acted super quick with any requirements needed. Regards, Dominic

The fire alarm rang in the middle of the night both of the 2 nights when I was there. The staff should inform better about smoking indoor.

• 15th Sep 2015

Hi Hu and thanks for you stay ! We are really sorry for this incovenience, we know that's not really pleasant. Although, the fire alam rang just one night and there is absolutely no connection between its activation and smoking indoor, it was an inadvertently triggering of the alarm. We are extremely sorry and hope to see you someday at Gastama !

Our stay was clean and comfortable and some of the staff were friendly. However, on our departure, two of the staff were very rude to us, accusing us of disrespecting the hostel rules and the cleaning staff, neither of which we had done. They treated us appallingly, and spoke to us rudely and aggressively at reception in front of other customers. We were shocked and disgusted by the way we were spoken to, and we will not be returning again- to the hostel OR the bar.

• 13th Sep 2015

Hello, That's very easy to reverse the roles, After being kindly notified several times to leave your room, you were still inside at 2.00 (just to remind check -out is at 12:00, quiet late for hostel standard) moreover you left your room very dirty. About your critiscm " service is not the same as it is in other places in the world" our staff rating is 93% thanks to a to a lot of british customers with whom we maintain a strong friendship. So perhaps, you should reconsider things next time.

I've been traveling on and off for about 2 years now and gastama is by far one of the best hostels i've ever been too. I left my passport in the room and 2 different staff members came up to me to make sure i had gotten it back. The rooms are great, spacious and very clean. Would recommend to everyone.

Very nice hostel.

there is a really nice bar on the ground floor!

• 6th Sep 2015