Hostel Gastama Reviews

109/115 rue de Saint Andre, Lille, France

After a long tiring day, the last thing one would want is to check into a hostel in the middle of a noisy, stinky bar where you cannot hear each other and you had to wait a long time just to get checked in. My room was downgraded from a 4-bed to a 6-bed dorm and I didn't get the right refund for the price difference. The only redeeming factor was the room i was placed in was big. The hostel is pretty clean but the cleaners definitely don't care if you're sleeping or not while they clean the room

Hi, I'm sorry you had a bad experience, still trying to understand what really happened. The points are: Checking in on friday night is actually a bit more noisy than usual; Nobody here has never been downgraded (often upgraded) unless special demand of room change (depending on availability); You have been totally and undoubtebly refunded for the price difference and paid the right amount for your night; Housekeeping staff has to do the job between 12 and 15 (not the best time to stay asleep)

Really kind staff!

• 4th Jul 2014

Of all the hostels I have stayed in this is by far one of the best. All the people who work there are really nice and are always happy to help. The whole place is clean, everything works, the beds are comfortable and there is an awesome bar.

What a great place. Fantastic location and the friendliest staff you can imagine. The bar has the best beer.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Has to be the friendliest hostel I've stayed in... From the minute I walked in I was made to feel very welcome, staff were excellent! will be recommending to all travellers I meet on my journey around Europe...

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Scotland

Gastama was amazing!! The staff are all so friendly and accommodating, we even partied with them. Awesome chill out spot and bar. Everything was spotless and new, so clean and close to everything. Would definitely recommend! Great atmosphere.

Great place, great staff, great location. Perfect place to stay in Lille.

• 30th Jun 2014

Fantastic room! Very clean and very friendly staff!

This was my first Hostel experience and so I didn't know quite what to expect, but I had a phenomenal time. The welcome receptionist and the bartender both spoke fluent english and french which was incredibly helpful, and the rooms were quite clean. Over all 10/10, would stay again!

• 29th Jun 2014

New, clean and simple. Perfect hostel for the non-hostel type = me. The only negative €10 G&T!!!

Great hostel but shower just has boiling water and they just couldnt fix it.. Only probqlem

Perfect! The people and staff i met were really nice! Good wifi connection and spacious dorm! This is more than just a hostel, the facilities are simply like a hotel! Would definitely come again if there's a chance.

One of the best hostels I have ever state at. Clean, quiet, well-equipped, etc. Also, friendly

Loved the bar, the selection of beer, and the owner was very nice.

• 24th Jun 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Great time, staff seemed a bit stoned lol but good place to stay, clean and fun

• 24th Jun 2014

We stayed only one night waiting for train connections. We thought the hostel had great atmospher and was friendly. They easily found a secure location for our two bikes with no problem.

Lovely hostel. Great atmosphere and vibe. Lovely place to meet fellow travellers.

A new real hostel in France. Clean rooms and bathroom, helpfull staff, close to the old town, a bar downstair to share a beer with your friends or other travellers. A very nice place to stay in Lille.

perfect hostels in a wonderful city

I made a reservation a four-bed mixed room with internal bathroom and had a three-bed room all for myself! I also appreciated the availabilty of lockers for my luggage and the all-you-can-drink-and-eat breakfast for only 5 €.

• 13th Jun 2014