Hostel Gastama Reviews

109/115 rue de Saint Andre, Lille, France

On arriving, the guy with the beard could not do enough to help me out even though he was busy - he was brilliant. The hostel is a 15 minute walk away from the city square which is a little too much if you're back and forth (on cobbled walkways). However, in saying that, it is close to the river (which leads you to the FREE zoo which is worth a little look). Take a lock if you need to securely put things in your cage under the bed (I wasn't told that) - £17 a night is great value for me!

• 22nd Oct 2014

The hostel was really good. Our room was spotless and spacious. All the staff were genuinely friendly and helpful. The downstairs bar is a big winner with guests and locals alike.

• 22nd Oct 2014

Great Hostel, stayed in hostels all over the world, I wish they'd been like this one. Thanks.

• 22nd Oct 2014

Hostel Gastama is a very clean very new hostel. The rooms are more like a hotel. Very clean, very modern, great beds and ample wall outlets to charge. Awesome kitchen provided for guests with a great dining area. Downstairs has a cool bar that honestly seemed to be full of more French people than anything else. Located close enough to the main sights and about a 20 minute walk to the train station. The hostel was mostly empty while I was there. Bathroom facilities may be lacking in quantity

This hostel is awesome. The staff were so friendly and the rooms were in pristine condition. It is really well designed for backpackers, the rooms have lockers and each bed has a plug. It's a little out of the center, around a 10 minute walk, but there is a supermarket two blocks down the road.

Very good hostel rooms very big and luggage storage, also very clean rooms as well. Overall a very good stay and I will come back again

Good location, amazing bar to find fellows, good deal, clean and calm enough to get some good sleep and wild enough to come back for sure!

Had a comfortable stay in this hostel, which was made all the more pleasant by the friendly, helpful staff. I would definitely stay here again, and recommend likewise. The only thing I picked up on was that the shower in my room was blocked up. Not a major issue though because there was an additional shower on my floor:) The bar was great too, with a good selection of beer. On the downside there weren't that many fellow travellers to chat to, but still beats the average hotel bar!

Definitely coming back

Great staff, great location great atmosphere, very clean. Loved it all. Will definitely stay there again if we return.

• 7th Oct 2014
  • Couple, 41+

The best hostel I have ever been to.

• 7th Oct 2014

nice hostel, friendly and helpful staff, everything is new, but not enough showers in the building. but i would recommend it! we had a good time!

the charge of 1.50€ for booking from hostelworld is excessive

• 4th Oct 2014

It was really cool, a little noisy maybe, because i was here for work, so it was quite hard for me to get asleep, but, it was cool anyway. I really appreciate the access to the kitchen !

• 3rd Oct 2014

Great gem of a hostel. Great position and cool bar with friendly locals and staff. Wouldn't stay anywhere else if in Lille.

• All Male Group, 41+

very pleasant stay and comfortable beds

• 3rd Oct 2014

i spend two nights at the gastama's hotel, was great fun, i met some amazing people. the staff is great, the breakkie really good after good hangover;) it's a really nice place to stay in Lille.

• 2nd Oct 2014

Nice hostel which is located at the edge of the city centre. The hostel is very secure, with a key card needed to get into the hostel and into each room, and fairly large lockers under the beds to store your belongings. I only stayed one night, and had to get up early the following morning so didn't make use of the bar in the hostel, but it seemed really busy with a nice atmosphere. Would use this hostel again if I were to return to Lille.

lovely lovely place to stay, fantastic bar and super friendly staff. room was pleasant and each bed had a curtain, a reading light and two personal plug sockets. no problems with the WiFi I got it everywhere in the building. the only qualm I had was the shower, the shared bathroom itself was fine but the shower was like having boiling water thrown on you for 6 seconds before turning off. Other than that I really enjoyed the two nights I had there and I would thoroughly recommend Hostel Gastama.

My boyfriend and I spent one night here in a private room and it was great! The beds were quite a bit roomier than one would expect for a hostel and much more comfortable. We slept wonderfully. Fully recommend Gastama and we will be back next time we are in Lille.