Hostel Giraffe Reviews

ul. Krowoderska 31, Krakow, Poland

Hostel Giraffe is one of the best hostels I have been to, the rooms are clean,the staff is super-friendly and the location is also not far from the centre.The breakfast is also good and the staff helped me book a tour to the salt mines and made every effort to make my stay at the hostel comfortable.I would recommend it to anyone visiting Krakow.

Excessive noise all night (Thu) from bar goers entering the hostel area,talking and banging dishes in the kitchen. Complained twice to reception. Lack of security - bar goers entered the room next to us and were talking until 4am. Anyone can basically enter the hostel area. Only 3 toilets to service the hostel and the bar. Bar was nowhere near as good as local bars in the area which were cheaper and better atmosphere. Cheaper to stay in a hotel for double room. We left early and booked at Ibis.

Be good to yourself and NEVER EVER stay at this place. I've been travelling a lot and staying in many hostels but anywhere is so bad as this one. First, I was alone in my shared room (the only guest sharing it with me was in Auschwitz) and after lock my room and go to the toilet for 5 minutes ALL MY MONEY WAS STOLEN FROM MY BAG. At night, they rent the place for parties and the music is lowd and 4am in the morning. Plus, they charge you an extra fee just to book your visit to Auschwitz. TERRIBLE

23:00 to 07:00 were meant to be "quiet hours" but were the exact opposite, despite several complaints to the administrator our sleep was heavily broken and we left after the first night.

People do make noise at midnight which is totally unexpected. You must not allow young travelers to behave like kids (shouting) at midnight.