Hostel Giraffe

Good 411 Total Reviews

• England, Male, 18-24
24th Aug 2017
8.0

Can't argue with £7 a night, great location just a few minutes walk from the Old Town and the guy there was absolutely fantastic in helping us out and sorting out things to do etc., really friendly and great to talk to. Place could do with some TLC as it's a bit weary round the edges, and the breakfast is pretty basic, but the service more than made up for it!

• USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
21st Aug 2017
4.9

The staff were very unfriendly. We arrived before check-in time after a long night train and begged them to let us take a shower, but they absolutely refused. I have never experienced this at a hostel. Even though the showers were not in the rooms, and we would not have disturbed the other guests, they would not let us shower. Some of the beds in our room were broken, and the kitchen and bathrooms were always very dirty. For our 1 night it was fine, but I wouldn't stay here again.

• England, Male, 18-24
21st Aug 2017
6.3

Good location, staff were helpful, however the bar/dining room was dirty with overflowing bins, also was dirty with some of the shower units which did not feel pleasant.

18th Aug 2017

After hopping around to 5 hostels in Krakow to find the best one, I chose this one. Lots of space (great if you work remotely), the beds are nice, free breakfast and coffee. Hostels are always great for meeting people when you travel full time. I hope to stay here for at least a week now

• Ireland, Female, 18-24
11th Aug 2017
5.1

The location of the hostel is great, however there isnt a great athmosphere within the hostel. The kitchen was dirty and the hob rings didn't work properly. On the positive side they provided a free breakfast of bread tea and coffee. I've stayed in worse hostels, but I've certainly stayed in better.

• Hong Kong, Female, 25-30
29th Jul 2017
6.0

The hostel location and staff is good. But the clearing is horrible!!! I got rash all over my body. The bathroom is dirty. I travel for more than 10mths and experience so many hostel. It was my first time with this horrible rash situation!!! Not recommend!!!

• USA, Female, 18-24
25th Jul 2017
4.9

I would not stay here again. The bathrooms were dirty, our sheets on the bed and pillow were dirty (both my friend and I got a rash all over our bodies) the bar was loud all night and it was hard to sleep. Thank gosh I paid less than $10. Huge disappointment.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
16th Jul 2017
5.7

The bathrooms were filthy. Everything else was okay.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
17th Jun 2017
4.3

Was not very clean. Books two beds but were on separate bunks (not a big deal but just wasn't organised). There were 9 beds in the dorm with only 8 lockers - which meant we missed out on the last locker that we needed. We felt claustrophobic with the extra bed stuck in the middle of the room. Yes it was cheap but not worth it. We booked 3 nights, ended up staying for one and booked somewhere else despite not being able to get our money back from Giraffe.

• England, Male, 25-30
17th Jun 2017

Staff was brillaint and was clean. Got potential! Bar was cool but didn't serve alcohol yet which wasn't an issue as there is a shop next door - need to update there pool table though! Also may need to update showers but apart from that it's spot on

×