Hostel Golden Bridge Reviews

Staroměstské náměstí 8, Staré Město, Praha-, Prague, Czech Republic

1. When we arrived the hostel, rang the bell many times and no one answered, which means no one in the reception, till one of tourist officer helped us make the phone call. Just think about as a foreign tourist, it is not easy to make local phone call, especially when you arrive a city which you don't know too much. 2. I booked 8 beds room, but the hostel changed into a room with more than 12 beds. 3. The hostel stuff had bad attitude to us after check out, drives us out.

• 31st Dec 2014
  • China

This place is horrendous. No place to safely store luggage (not even reception, which they didn't lock, I tried the door!) and not actually 24 hour reception. Prague is small and walkable; stay literally anywhere else. The location isn't worth it. They also overbooked and relocated people when they arrived, after the people had waited four hours for someone to even show up to let them in! If you can't even rely on your reservation here, why do it? Also one bathroom for 16 people. Don't stay here

There are almost no words to describe how bad this hostel was. When I arrived no one answered the bell so eventually I had to call them and the guy told me that he was out shopping and would be back in 25mins and I had to wait in the rain until he returned. He didn't tell me he was back so I had to call again. There was only 1 other person staying in the whole hostel. They started doing renovations with a jackhammer at 8am right outside the room. There was only 1 toilet and it didn't flush.

I just reached the hostel and they were sending me an email saying that it was full and that they moved me to another hostel ('Sunset') which was 20 min further on foot. This hostel kept the same price but it did not include the breakfast as the 'Golden Bridge' did. I chose the 'Golden Bridge' for its location, if they have told me that it was full while booking it, i would have chosen another hostel, not the 'Sunset'.

• 15th Nov 2014
  • Spain

Very nice staff located in the heart of old prague

• 6th Nov 2014
  • Morocco
  • All Male Group, 18-24

İt was good especially it's location. :) but İf you like stairs you can choose that one!

I turned up at 9pm there was no 24 hour reception, I had to call the staff member to get him to site to let me in. It was not very clean and the wifi was slow at best. If you dont like stairs don't book this hostel

• 8th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

Nice hostel in the heart of Praha (You are literally on Old Town Square). Staff is very helpful and the place is clean. A extra bathroom would be nice thought.

Brilliant location right in the old town centre. Rooms were clean but bathrooms not so much. Only one bathroom for all 16 guests so a bit annoying at times. Breakfast included was a bit sparse: bread, jam and cheese but food all the same! Shame about lack of security- no lockers or locks on dorm doors so be careful.

Everything good but the common room/kitchen could only be used between 8am and midnight. I had to get up early as I was there for a conference so I couldn't prepare myself breakfast. Everything else was fine, the location is great.

• 9th Sep 2014