Hostel Golden Bridge Reviews

Staroměstské náměstí 8, Staré Město, Praha-, Prague, Czech Republic

There are almost no words to describe how bad this hostel was. When I arrived no one answered the bell so eventually I had to call them and the guy told me that he was out shopping and would be back in 25mins and I had to wait in the rain until he returned. He didn't tell me he was back so I had to call again. There was only 1 other person staying in the whole hostel. They started doing renovations with a jackhammer at 8am right outside the room. There was only 1 toilet and it didn't flush.

• 18th Nov 2014

I just reached the hostel and they were sending me an email saying that it was full and that they moved me to another hostel ('Sunset') which was 20 min further on foot. This hostel kept the same price but it did not include the breakfast as the 'Golden Bridge' did. I chose the 'Golden Bridge' for its location, if they have told me that it was full while booking it, i would have chosen another hostel, not the 'Sunset'.

• 15th Nov 2014
  • Spain

Very nice staff located in the heart of old prague

• 6th Nov 2014
  • Morocco
  • All Male Group, 18-24

İt was good especially it's location. :) but İf you like stairs you can choose that one!

• 24th Oct 2014
  • Poland

I turned up at 9pm there was no 24 hour reception, I had to call the staff member to get him to site to let me in. It was not very clean and the wifi was slow at best. If you dont like stairs don't book this hostel

• 8th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

Nice hostel in the heart of Praha (You are literally on Old Town Square). Staff is very helpful and the place is clean. A extra bathroom would be nice thought.

Brilliant location right in the old town centre. Rooms were clean but bathrooms not so much. Only one bathroom for all 16 guests so a bit annoying at times. Breakfast included was a bit sparse: bread, jam and cheese but food all the same! Shame about lack of security- no lockers or locks on dorm doors so be careful.

Everything good but the common room/kitchen could only be used between 8am and midnight. I had to get up early as I was there for a conference so I couldn't prepare myself breakfast. Everything else was fine, the location is great.

• 9th Sep 2014
  • Slovenia

Staff were kind. Room was clean.The location was in the heart of city centre and everything is in walk distance.free breakfast.

• 19th Aug 2014

Fantastic hostel, we enjoyed our stay so much we wanted to stay another day. The location is fantastic and the building very cool. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. The noise at night from the square is what you'd expect and there is only only one shower but for the price and other qualities these problems are easily qualmed.

The location is perfect, the view out of the window gorgeous, it's just quite noisy. Bring as usual ear taps and a sleeping mask and you will be fine.

• 8th Aug 2014

I was very disapointed about the hostel, but that's mostly because the info at Hostelworld are completely incorrect! It says the hostel has a bar, cafe, restaurant, tours/travel desk, common room and airport transfer, but they don't! I asked for airport pickup and was told they didnt have a car. The only "common room" is a tiny kitchen, so its not a great hostel to meet other travelers. Its only ONE bathroom and ONE shower, so prepare to wait in line! The location is central, but noisy at night

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Norway

Excellent Location and great knowledgeable and friendly staff. Would stay there again for sure!

Nice and friendly staff. Perfect location . I recommend this hostel.

• 25th Jul 2014

The location was really good, but there was absolutely no atmosphere in this hostel. Its basicly just a room with beds and a table to have breakfast. The Czech girl who worked there for summer, Denise, was really friendly tho.

I Recommend this Hostel to every one who wants to feel safe and pay less with nice free breakfast and friendly staff and also you will be very close to the heart and center of prague. This is my new place every time i visit prague

Excellent location right in the town square , friendly staff and clean rooms.