Hostel GoodMo Reviews

Mikszáth Kálmán tér 1., Budapest, Hungary

Great hostel with nice clean facilities and overall a good vibe. A short 10min walk from the ruin bars

One of the better hostels I have had the pleasure of staying in. The place was chic, clean and airy. I was in a ten bed female dorm. Spacious bunks, own storage locker with key and en suite. There were extra bathrooms down the hall for when the room was busy. Our bathroom and the ones on the main floor were a bit dirty, but that's what you get when there are a lot of people. Good breakfast. Wifi a bit spotty at times but they also had working computers Nice terrace. Great job!

Staff was nice and earnest, but also incredibly unhelpful. It seemed weirdly like it was literally everyone's first day because they didn't know how to do anything or where anything was. Booked for a female dorm, was put in a mixed dorm, and when I asked what happened staff didn't seem to have any idea what I was talking about. Same when the elevator broke, when I asked for help with my bags or if the elevator might be fixed in a few hours, receptionist just shrugged.

• 8th Aug 2014

This ruin pub street area was walking distance, no need for taxiing, also some of the main sights and river is pretty close by feet, so we had a great time just wondering around. Thumbs up for the reception, helped with all the tickets and reservations and stuff :)

• 3rd Aug 2014

I chose GoodMo for the reviews I read, the good rating and the reasonable price. I think the balance between the services provided, location, (expected) cleanliness of a hostel, staff and the price I paid; was pretty good. A thumbs up for the bar in the terrace and the staff which are close to excellence. Areas to improve: make sure both your PC's have Internet at all times and put pressure on landlord to fix the elevator. I don't mind going down the stairs but to come is a pain in the.... ;)

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Portugal

We had pretty comfy beds in a spacious dorm, even though it was a 10-bed, we had plenty of luggage space and everything. Had a clean private shower and a fridge for supplies in the room just for us. Staff was cool helping us around!

Good location, good facilities, good place to meet people, nice rooftop-bar. It gets a little dirty in the bathrooms and can be quite noisy at night in the dorms. No aircon, so very hot, but it is summertime, so no surprise. Definately recommended.

Cheap breakfast for around 3 euros, really cool outside bar, very handy lockers (lock and key included) The staff was very friendly and willing to show you places to go! I stayed in a mixed 10 person dorm. Bathrooms were a bit dirty, but there were a couple girls bathrooms down the hall that could be used by anyone. Good for young travelers and not too far from the city center. You probably need a metro pass but the tram system is very easy to navigate!

Very nice ambiance here. Staff is incredibly helpful and there to assist you. There's a really nice common room area where you can watch movies and meet people from the hostel. I was traveling alone and I met the most people here in this hostel. Rather small hostel so you can meet everyone staying there if you are there for just a few days. Loved it!

The showers have no privacy, all just in one room with no suitable changing area and a plain glass window which anyone could see into. Room was disgustingly filthy I found empty food packets, dirty socks and pants and broken glass which didn't belong to anyone in the room. Pillows are uncomfortable and lumpy. WiFi never works and staff simply tell you it works for them and offer no help.

Loved this hostel! Will definitely be back!

• 19th Jul 2014

Not so clean, I was in a room with 9 people and they no clean the room forma three days.

We checked in to find that our room would not be ready for 2 hours later than expected. The staff were not very helpful at suggesting tourist attractions for us. When moving into our room later on we found dirty sheets still on our beds from previous guests and rubbish left around the room. The front desk was very under-staffed - and we were rudely dismissed. Also given the wrong locker key to find another bag in our locker. Dull atmosphere too. We ended up moving hostels due to these problems.

For the price this hostel is worth it. Walk to city center about 20-25mins. The staff is very helpful even though they can be a bit under stress and a lot to do. You can also get a nice breakfast at the hostel for 5€, which is a good! Would def stay here again!

We had the WORST room mates on our two month backpacking trip on the first night here, but the staff quickly reassigned us a room ASAP. They have a great bar, and a large kitchen to cook and hang out in with multiple grocers just a few blocks away. HIGHLY PROMOTE GOODMO

i really enjoyed my stay here, not a party hostel but it has a nice cheap bar which makes it an easy place to meet with other guests. Good local staff who know their stuff, and are more than happy to help. Only downside for me was that the wifi wasn't working very well when i was there. I would recommend this hostel.

No cook plate in the kitchen. No lights in the bathroom. Very rude night staff. Broken locks on lockers. Rooms were not cleaned. Never will go back.

This is not true.

This place was awesome! Rooftop, laundry, and nice bathroom. Would moat definitely come back to this.hostel and the location was great

I was only one day to catch a flight from budapest, but what i saw was just perfect. Everything i want a hostel to be, Goodmo is!

The lockers given out do not correspond to the beds which causes some issues as other guests stored items in lockers that were assigned to you. The bathroom was dirty. The atmosphere was a bit rubbish but that might have been due to the World Cup, no one seemed up for chatting in the evenings. However for the £6 a night we paid it was good. Wifi was good as well.