Hostel GoodMo Reviews

Mikszáth Kálmán tér 1., Budapest, Hungary

I've had a great stay at GoodMo Budapest. Staff was very friendly (especially Zsofi and the night guys) and everything was clean, common bathrooms included!! The common room and kitchen are nicely furnished, very cosy couches, WiFi worked fine. You can ask Reception for tips: they like to help and advise! The only downside: I was asked to change hostel on the 3rd night because they were closing to welcome a big group. The managers did not speak to me, should take customer care more seriously!!

• 11th Nov 2014

It was a very comfortable stay with its central location. It was relatively easy to get around the entire city.

We arrived early in the morning after hours of travel to be greeted by such friendly receptionist. Although it was too early to check in, she offered us towels to shower and made told us to make ourselves at home. Very clean, huge rooms, bar fridges in all the rooms, great common areas- awesome everything. Would and have already recommended this place to other travellers who have loved it also. Great value for money. Only down fall is its a little further from town but the metro is so close!

• 26th Sep 2014

Place was great. One of the more chilled hostels I have stayed at. Not much of an atmosphere but the common area was a great place to meet people.

It felt like staying in a 5-star hotel, which makes sense because it used to be one! The room was clean and beautiful and the staff was great.

• 12th Sep 2014
  • Slovakia

We had a really nice time at GoodMo, the staff were really helpful! We had one man on reception, I believe his name was Balazs who really went out of his way to assist us. We were going to the Saturday night Spa Party and he told us everything we needed, organized towels for us to take and printed off our bus tickets (free of charge!) for our departure. The place was really good, large and clean with an awesome kitchen and common area. I would highly recommend! :)

• 29th Aug 2014
  • marindajp

Great hostel! Everything was perfect during our stay, cannot fault it.

It's a little bit difficult to recognize the hostel if you are coming there for the first time, it's kind of hidden in a bigger building where someone like me wouldn't expect a hostel. But when you're inside you'll find a very helpfull staff, clean rooms with enough space and a friendly atmosphere. I certainly enjoyed my night in GoodMo.

• 18th Aug 2014

Cool place, nice area close to transport, nice terrace and common room and the rooms are spacious. The bathrooms could be cleaned more often, but when I mentioned it to the staff they said they would get it done. Overall good hostel and I enjoyed my time!

Great hostel with nice clean facilities and overall a good vibe. A short 10min walk from the ruin bars

One of the better hostels I have had the pleasure of staying in. The place was chic, clean and airy. I was in a ten bed female dorm. Spacious bunks, own storage locker with key and en suite. There were extra bathrooms down the hall for when the room was busy. Our bathroom and the ones on the main floor were a bit dirty, but that's what you get when there are a lot of people. Good breakfast. Wifi a bit spotty at times but they also had working computers Nice terrace. Great job!

Staff was nice and earnest, but also incredibly unhelpful. It seemed weirdly like it was literally everyone's first day because they didn't know how to do anything or where anything was. Booked for a female dorm, was put in a mixed dorm, and when I asked what happened staff didn't seem to have any idea what I was talking about. Same when the elevator broke, when I asked for help with my bags or if the elevator might be fixed in a few hours, receptionist just shrugged.

• 8th Aug 2014

This ruin pub street area was walking distance, no need for taxiing, also some of the main sights and river is pretty close by feet, so we had a great time just wondering around. Thumbs up for the reception, helped with all the tickets and reservations and stuff :)

• 3rd Aug 2014

This place has a good location and is comfortable and fun... I stayed there for a week and the staff there are not quite with it...I basically felt bad every time I asked a question. Besides that you won't be disappointed in the atmosphere!

I chose GoodMo for the reviews I read, the good rating and the reasonable price. I think the balance between the services provided, location, (expected) cleanliness of a hostel, staff and the price I paid; was pretty good. A thumbs up for the bar in the terrace and the staff which are close to excellence. Areas to improve: make sure both your PC's have Internet at all times and put pressure on landlord to fix the elevator. I don't mind going down the stairs but to come is a pain in the.... ;)

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Portugal

We had pretty comfy beds in a spacious dorm, even though it was a 10-bed, we had plenty of luggage space and everything. Had a clean private shower and a fridge for supplies in the room just for us. Staff was cool helping us around!

Good location, good facilities, good place to meet people, nice rooftop-bar. It gets a little dirty in the bathrooms and can be quite noisy at night in the dorms. No aircon, so very hot, but it is summertime, so no surprise. Definately recommended.

Cheap breakfast for around 3 euros, really cool outside bar, very handy lockers (lock and key included) The staff was very friendly and willing to show you places to go! I stayed in a mixed 10 person dorm. Bathrooms were a bit dirty, but there were a couple girls bathrooms down the hall that could be used by anyone. Good for young travelers and not too far from the city center. You probably need a metro pass but the tram system is very easy to navigate!

Very nice ambiance here. Staff is incredibly helpful and there to assist you. There's a really nice common room area where you can watch movies and meet people from the hostel. I was traveling alone and I met the most people here in this hostel. Rather small hostel so you can meet everyone staying there if you are there for just a few days. Loved it!

The showers have no privacy, all just in one room with no suitable changing area and a plain glass window which anyone could see into. Room was disgustingly filthy I found empty food packets, dirty socks and pants and broken glass which didn't belong to anyone in the room. Pillows are uncomfortable and lumpy. WiFi never works and staff simply tell you it works for them and offer no help.

« first « Prev 1 2 3