Hostel GoodMo Reviews

Mikszáth Kálmán tér 1., Budapest, Hungary

I was only one day to catch a flight from budapest, but what i saw was just perfect. Everything i want a hostel to be, Goodmo is!

The lockers given out do not correspond to the beds which causes some issues as other guests stored items in lockers that were assigned to you. The bathroom was dirty. The atmosphere was a bit rubbish but that might have been due to the World Cup, no one seemed up for chatting in the evenings. However for the £6 a night we paid it was good. Wifi was good as well.

Best hostel I've stayed in! The terrace bar is full of mentals, my favourite kind, definitely a place to grab a drink. Bianka the bar girl, always a smile on her face and willing to do anything to make sure you got your beer on time if not before time, great person to have in your hostel! Receptionist were a bit flustered at all times but hilarious none the less. Come stay here and spend plenty of time on the terrace before heading to Simpla. From James, Taylor, Sam and Aine.

Alright hostel. They have a nice terrace with a bar where you can drink and there are some good restaurants right outside for food. It was also cheap, which was great for a student like me. The only problems I had were with the showers (it's one shower per 12 people) and it had no water pressure and was grimey. Also, the hostel boasts that they have laundry services but DON'T USE IT! We gave in our laundry our first night there and didn't get it back until 4am our next night and it was still wet

It was a great, and cheap hostel, in the heart of Budapest!

• 24th Jun 2014

Hostel had problems with our booking saying it wasnt booked, but the staff were excellent and sorted a room for the 8 of us out in 5 mins. Great location of the hostel in a great building near to marlyns strip club if thats what your looking for. Good cheap stay with a nice roof top bar. Atmosphere could have been slightly better but this may have been due to more males to female ratio. But overall a quality stay at hostel Godmo and BUdapest is a great place to go, highly recomended!

• 19th Jun 2014

I stayed at both this hostel and the sister N 'Joy Budapest hostel and both were great especially during the World Cup. I think the staff made it so. Best staff ever! I lost my Eurail Pass while I was in Budapest and really need to get to the police station to file a report. I needed a translator or else I'd pay an arm and a leg to get one. BALÁZS was working that night and after a 14 hour shift, he went with me to translate and waited in the waiting room over an hour. I can’t thank him enough!

• 18th Jun 2014

The location is good, very close to metrostation Kalvin ter with 2 metro lines. It is also close to the ruin bar area. I think the hostel was really hard to find, because I could not find the street which they are giving in the direction when I came out of the metro station, after asking people on the streets I found the right street and square. Overall, for this money, it is a really good hostel to stay in.

A nice hostel, in a nice spot, even had a roof-top bar\terrace which was awesome in the evenings. all the rooms were huge, the kitchen, the common room, the big dorm, the terrace. The staff was awesome too.

Hostel GoodMo is a cozy place to stay . Rooms are clean , staff are helpful and the atmosphere is nice . I can recommend this place without any hesitation.

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Turkey

All of the employees are super nice and the hostel is very clean and modern. Stay here!

• 7th Jun 2014

There are no working hot plates?? There are suppose to cater to travellers and you cannot make coffee when you please. Hostel was empty so no atmosphere, what so ever. The staff were sometimes super helpful. But some where downright rude and unhelpful. The worst this for our stay was the cleaning ladies trolley every morning. It is unbelievably loud and it makes me not recommend this hostel despite a good location and comfortable place

Beautiful place to stay, not very quiet (because of the neighborhood, you're up on a little nice square full of café) but absolutely good for position and price. I definitely suggest it!

We had a great stay and really enjoyed the hostel! The staff were all very pleasant and very willing to offer tips and info about the city. We found it a little awkward to talk with the other travellers and events seemed to be a bit disorganized, but there's enough to do in the city that it didn't really matter! Overall it was a great stay and I would definitely go back!

Really likable and helper staff, clean bathrooms, good atmosphere.

It was a very good hostel, big commonroom, big-big party every night!!!

I love this hostel!!:)

Good location, big commonroom, friendly staff.

I love this hostel, good location, with friendly staff.

Perfect! I love this hostel:)

1 2 Next » last »