Hostel GoodMo Reviews

Mikszáth Kálmán tér 1., Budapest, Hungary

We checked in to find that our room would not be ready for 2 hours later than expected. The staff were not very helpful at suggesting tourist attractions for us. When moving into our room later on we found dirty sheets still on our beds from previous guests and rubbish left around the room. The front desk was very under-staffed - and we were rudely dismissed. Also given the wrong locker key to find another bag in our locker. Dull atmosphere too. We ended up moving hostels due to these problems.

For the price this hostel is worth it. Walk to city center about 20-25mins. The staff is very helpful even though they can be a bit under stress and a lot to do. You can also get a nice breakfast at the hostel for 5€, which is a good! Would def stay here again!

We had the WORST room mates on our two month backpacking trip on the first night here, but the staff quickly reassigned us a room ASAP. They have a great bar, and a large kitchen to cook and hang out in with multiple grocers just a few blocks away. HIGHLY PROMOTE GOODMO

i really enjoyed my stay here, not a party hostel but it has a nice cheap bar which makes it an easy place to meet with other guests. Good local staff who know their stuff, and are more than happy to help. Only downside for me was that the wifi wasn't working very well when i was there. I would recommend this hostel.

No cook plate in the kitchen. No lights in the bathroom. Very rude night staff. Broken locks on lockers. Rooms were not cleaned. Never will go back.

This is not true.

This place was awesome! Rooftop, laundry, and nice bathroom. Would moat definitely come back to this.hostel and the location was great

I was only one day to catch a flight from budapest, but what i saw was just perfect. Everything i want a hostel to be, Goodmo is!

The lockers given out do not correspond to the beds which causes some issues as other guests stored items in lockers that were assigned to you. The bathroom was dirty. The atmosphere was a bit rubbish but that might have been due to the World Cup, no one seemed up for chatting in the evenings. However for the £6 a night we paid it was good. Wifi was good as well.

Best hostel I've stayed in! The terrace bar is full of mentals, my favourite kind, definitely a place to grab a drink. Bianka the bar girl, always a smile on her face and willing to do anything to make sure you got your beer on time if not before time, great person to have in your hostel! Receptionist were a bit flustered at all times but hilarious none the less. Come stay here and spend plenty of time on the terrace before heading to Simpla. From James, Taylor, Sam and Aine.

Alright hostel. They have a nice terrace with a bar where you can drink and there are some good restaurants right outside for food. It was also cheap, which was great for a student like me. The only problems I had were with the showers (it's one shower per 12 people) and it had no water pressure and was grimey. Also, the hostel boasts that they have laundry services but DON'T USE IT! We gave in our laundry our first night there and didn't get it back until 4am our next night and it was still wet

It was a great, and cheap hostel, in the heart of Budapest!

• 24th Jun 2014

Hostel had problems with our booking saying it wasnt booked, but the staff were excellent and sorted a room for the 8 of us out in 5 mins. Great location of the hostel in a great building near to marlyns strip club if thats what your looking for. Good cheap stay with a nice roof top bar. Atmosphere could have been slightly better but this may have been due to more males to female ratio. But overall a quality stay at hostel Godmo and BUdapest is a great place to go, highly recomended!

• 19th Jun 2014

I stayed at both this hostel and the sister N 'Joy Budapest hostel and both were great especially during the World Cup. I think the staff made it so. Best staff ever! I lost my Eurail Pass while I was in Budapest and really need to get to the police station to file a report. I needed a translator or else I'd pay an arm and a leg to get one. BALÁZS was working that night and after a 14 hour shift, he went with me to translate and waited in the waiting room over an hour. I can’t thank him enough!

• 18th Jun 2014

The location is good, very close to metrostation Kalvin ter with 2 metro lines. It is also close to the ruin bar area. I think the hostel was really hard to find, because I could not find the street which they are giving in the direction when I came out of the metro station, after asking people on the streets I found the right street and square. Overall, for this money, it is a really good hostel to stay in.

A nice hostel, in a nice spot, even had a roof-top bar\terrace which was awesome in the evenings. all the rooms were huge, the kitchen, the common room, the big dorm, the terrace. The staff was awesome too.

Hostel GoodMo is a cozy place to stay . Rooms are clean , staff are helpful and the atmosphere is nice . I can recommend this place without any hesitation.

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Turkey

All of the employees are super nice and the hostel is very clean and modern. Stay here!

• 7th Jun 2014

Dorm very clean with locker under bed to fit backpack. Mid-week in June the place was deserted. Only a few people at all and nobody socialising in common areas. Spent two nights by myself in the dorm. At the weekend it filled up considerably though and I had a good night out but I can't really say that the place had a great atmosphere on the week I went. Would not bother paying for breakfast. Location seemed safe.

There are no working hot plates?? There are suppose to cater to travellers and you cannot make coffee when you please. Hostel was empty so no atmosphere, what so ever. The staff were sometimes super helpful. But some where downright rude and unhelpful. The worst this for our stay was the cleaning ladies trolley every morning. It is unbelievably loud and it makes me not recommend this hostel despite a good location and comfortable place

Beautiful place to stay, not very quiet (because of the neighborhood, you're up on a little nice square full of café) but absolutely good for position and price. I definitely suggest it!

1 2 Next » last »