Hostel Graça 28 Reviews

Rua da Graça 140, Lisbon, Portugal

I had a wonderful stay at hostel Graça !! Nice and comfortable place, with everything you need... Its location is perfect with the tramway 28 at your doorstep. I highly recommand it !!

Very well-located, clean, good value for money. However, our room didn't have a window and was extremely hot and stuffy. It was also right next to the living room, where the owners would regularly party late into the night. If you want a decent nights sleep, its not the ideal place. It's very much their home, where they also let some guests stay, by the way, but I didn't feel the hostel would be their priority.

PROS - friendly staff - beautiful interior - the hostel is in a really old house spanning several floors. really nice garden area. - stunning rooms - very big and comfortable beds - very nice facilities CONS - location is not too central.

I had spent three months up to this point camping and staying in hostels and in my opinion it is the best hostel I have stayed in in Europe. The people that only place have created an extremely welcoming family type atmosphere, the hostel itself is beautiful wooden floors. Hostel Graca 28 gets my thumbs up big time! They really want you to enjoy your stay!!!

This windowless room was located right next to reception, which made it quite loud until late in the evening. Sure we didn't pay much, and we are taking this into account. But the basic premise of a rented room is that one should be able to get some rest. The noise and the lack of ventilation made this nearly impossible. In addition, a hand towel that was hanging in the shared bathroom we had been using for the past 5 days hadn't been changed and had become quite filthy.We won't be going back.

• 18th Jul 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Finally, a family run hostel where nobody is shoving "social events" down your throat!

• 13th Jul 2015

Really clean, nice breakfast, good location and friendly atmosphere.

Best hostel I've stayed in, facility wise. Comfy beds, spacious, big lockers, great free breakfast, common area and out door terrace. Only problem was there was no vibe, no one really talked so I didn't meet anyone. Which, when traveling alone sucks. But highly recommend for couples and groups looking to chill out!

It's a little misleading that the hostel says it has air conditioning, when all it really has are fans. However, the hotel was a great place to stay and I would definitely stay here again! The staff was all very friendly and helpful, and I loved the way it was decorated. All the facilities worked well, and I thought the location was great. I also liked the free breakfast and great backyard!

This is not a place to stay if you are looking for a fun/party atmosphere as it was very family orientated -children were there every day and there was zero vibe. No air conditioning made it incredibly hard to sleep at night, however there was a full kitchen so you can make your own food - BUT only able to use upstairs kitchen as downstairs is staff only. Staff were polite but put in no effort to ensure you have a good time. The only way I'd stay again is if it was way cheaper.

Graça 28 is an awesome hostel experience, and its location is ideal for seeing many of Lisbon's coolest sights. It requires some uphill walking to get there, but that's true of all of Lisbon! It's a great hostel!

• 12th Jun 2015

Very nice and quiet hostel with beautiful garden and delicious breakfast! spotless bathrooms!! also very close to the centre, nearest shops 1 min away. very friendly staff