Hostel Graça 28 Reviews

Rua da Graça 140, Lisbon, Portugal

I had spent three months up to this point camping and staying in hostels and in my opinion it is the best hostel I have stayed in in Europe. The people that only place have created an extremely welcoming family type atmosphere, the hostel itself is beautiful wooden floors. Hostel Graca 28 gets my thumbs up big time! They really want you to enjoy your stay!!!

This windowless room was located right next to reception, which made it quite loud until late in the evening. Sure we didn't pay much, and we are taking this into account. But the basic premise of a rented room is that one should be able to get some rest. The noise and the lack of ventilation made this nearly impossible. In addition, a hand towel that was hanging in the shared bathroom we had been using for the past 5 days hadn't been changed and had become quite filthy.We won't be going back.

• 18th Jul 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Finally, a family run hostel where nobody is shoving "social events" down your throat!

• 13th Jul 2015

Really clean, nice breakfast, good location and friendly atmosphere.

Best hostel I've stayed in, facility wise. Comfy beds, spacious, big lockers, great free breakfast, common area and out door terrace. Only problem was there was no vibe, no one really talked so I didn't meet anyone. Which, when traveling alone sucks. But highly recommend for couples and groups looking to chill out!

It's a little misleading that the hostel says it has air conditioning, when all it really has are fans. However, the hotel was a great place to stay and I would definitely stay here again! The staff was all very friendly and helpful, and I loved the way it was decorated. All the facilities worked well, and I thought the location was great. I also liked the free breakfast and great backyard!

This is not a place to stay if you are looking for a fun/party atmosphere as it was very family orientated -children were there every day and there was zero vibe. No air conditioning made it incredibly hard to sleep at night, however there was a full kitchen so you can make your own food - BUT only able to use upstairs kitchen as downstairs is staff only. Staff were polite but put in no effort to ensure you have a good time. The only way I'd stay again is if it was way cheaper.

Graça 28 is an awesome hostel experience, and its location is ideal for seeing many of Lisbon's coolest sights. It requires some uphill walking to get there, but that's true of all of Lisbon! It's a great hostel!

• 12th Jun 2015

Very nice and quiet hostel with beautiful garden and delicious breakfast! spotless bathrooms!! also very close to the centre, nearest shops 1 min away. very friendly staff

The hostel was excellent. The location was great and the hostel had a great patio area. In addition, the staff were also great, especially Priminho who showed me around Lisbon after his shift was over.

• 28th May 2015

A lovely hostel with such nice people. It felt like home. The best hostel I've ever been. Nice big rooms and bathrooms and nice breakfast!

The hostel is situated in a nice house, the interior is very pretty and it's clean. The breakfast was good, they have a very nice terrace in the back. Our room however was not so nice. It was right next to some kind of living room where some kid was always watching tv very loudly and worst of all it did not have a window (and they did NOT put that in the description!!!), there was a fan, but it was still very hot at night! Also the family seems to live there, which I found a little bit strange.

• 26th May 2015

We expected to get more info from the personal about Lisbon. They were a bit quiet.

• 21st May 2015
  • Belgium

Our stay at Graça 28 was wonderful. Our private was a huge room with very noce lighting. Everything was very clean and it has many bathrooms in great state. It also has a wonderful terrace with great atmosphere. The staff was nice and helpful.

Nicely located near some stunning viewpoints, literally opposite a tram 28 stop. A lovely family run hostel, with a high quality breakfast. Has a separate, well equipped kitchen for guests. Good shower and bathroom facilities. Friendly staff, nice outside area for eating/drinking. Good value meals also offered. The main dorm didn't lock but there were medium sized lockers provided. A pleasant stay in a nice, laid back hostel. Would stay again.

Clean, nice environment. Friendly staff.

• 17th May 2015
  • Turkey

It was perfect, very comfortable.

• 15th May 2015
  • Spain

Awesome place to stay! Will definitely be back if I'm in Lisbon. Could use a WiFi extender to get WiFi in the backyard

The staff was helpful and there was a great outdoor courtyard. However, the hot water ran out and I got stuck with a cold shower. The towel rack in the room fell right of the wall when I hung a towel. The breakfast wasn't anything special. The private room I was in had no other door or window and was incredibly hot, even with the fan on. Because the bunkbeds are at different levels, I could aim the fan at the top or bottom only and always one person is too hot. The room needs ventilation badly.

• 13th May 2015

This was a fantastic place to stay. The breakfast could use some improvement. Thank you