Hostel Grand Place Reviews

Boulevard Emile Jacqmain 99, Brussels, Belgium

Loved this hostel! Location was awesome although having to check in at the other hotel is kind of inconvenient but not a problem for me. Rooms and bathrooms were very clean. Only real complaint was that it took them about 4 hours to check me in so I lost a lot of the only day I was there waiting around for them.

This hostel is very misleading. You arrive at a completely different hostel that has a lovely common area and staff. Once you can check-in (not until 3pm or so) they tell you that you need to walk 10 minutes away to a different hostel. The Grand Palace is in a great location but that's about it. It's a bare bones hostel with no common area that's way overpriced for what you get.

• 23rd Jul 2014

Nice facilities. The checkin in other hostel is kind of weird but it was ok! I really liked the place! One of the bests I have stayed!

• 20th Jul 2014

The hostel was in a great location. The beds were ok and the sheets were aparently clean. I slept there one night and I was bitten by bedbugs, so as my friends, we slept in the same room. I got all red and water bubbles in my body, I had to go to the hospital and take medicine. I worte them about it and theg did not replyed me yet. So, think twice if want to stay there.

• 19th Jul 2014

Unbeatable location. Check-in is 30 min walk but you only have to check in once. The only hostel with air con I stayed throughout my journey. Good amenities. Value for money.

• 16th Jul 2014
  • Singapore

Great location, right in the touristic centre of Brussels. Clean rooms, the only downside is that there is no receptionist on location, the kitchen locks at 11pm (so no drinking water available if you come back late) and you have to check in at a different hostel which is 10 minutes walk away.

I loved my stay in Hostel Grand Place! It´s a very good hostel. Very clean, and with a great atmosphere. The negative points are: the breakfast, it´s very poor, doesn´t have bread, croassin or anything to eat, just to drink, and you have to go to another place to do the check in.

Extremely helpful and pleasant concierge..... Waldo .... He showed amazing ability. Good bathroom Very noisy guests. For this reason alone I would not stay again. There needs to be some way of controlling the bad behaviour of a small number of people who make as much noise as they like, very late at night without consideration for others.

Reception desk was in a totally different place rather than the one we stayed in, making it harder to ask questions and needing to go to one place to check in the another to really sleep in.

Cool hostel that has been recently renovated. it is annoying to check in at other hostel, but walk isn't long. One night the owner cracked it with one punter as there was a misunderstanding - the owner was rude and angry to the poor guy in front of everyone! it was awkward and inappropriate! However, overall good vibe with no on-site staff. Unbelievably good location and really was surprised by Brussels, highly recommend free walking tour- BEST GUIDE EVER!!

Excelent hostel, only complaine about it is just the fact that there is no reception so you have to check-in at 2go4 and then go to Grand Place and also if you need some help or some information there's no one to talk to>

위치가 정말 좋아요. 다만 간판이없고 철문에 A4용지 한장붙어있는지라 찾기가 어려운게 단점. 시설깨끗하고 침대도 좋네요.

Unbelievable location, and totally worth checking in at a different location and walking to the actual dorms, which were RIGHT off the main square. Clean bathrooms and dorms, and towels and sheets are provided.

The hostel has a great location and the bedroom was ok. The main issue of this hostel is that the check in has to be done in another place, what could be a problem if you have big/heavy luggages. Our check in was late because the key bedroom wasn´t at the check in place and we had to wait around one hour to get it.

It was not said that the check in place is not the place we were going to be hosted. The map to the hostel was awful and the employee that explained the way to us was rude. The bathroom is REALLY small and the atmosphere is not that good; definitely it doesn't worth the price.

Excellent location and facilities. One of the cleanest and most modern hostels I have ever stayed. Bathrooms and showers were particularly good. Location is amazing.

It's got an awesome location! You're basically in the heart of where you want to be. Make sure you check in at the other location though. It's a long walk. They should really have a shuttle that takes you to grand place- in the rain with all of your backpacking gear the walk sucks. Besides that it was pretty good! Quite clean which was definitely nice.

It was absolutely unacceptable to have to wait 3 hours to check in because of the separate location of the checkin from the hostel itself. The excuse of trying to keep costs down is not a sufficient excuse to not a staff person in the hostel itself. Regarding safety, there were constantly random people walking into my room who were clearly not staying in the hostel, and a staff person/receptionist would have been able to control this.

The hostel was fantastic; my one note surrounds the fact that the location of checkin is about half a mile away from the hostel itself (in a location some distance away from Grand Place). Otherwise, it was a very nice hostel.

This hostel was very good and i heard it used to be an old school and if you look closely you'll see it. the rooms are very clean and tidy unless your Spanish room mates decides otherwise. there is also complimantary breakfast which was quite good. it is not alowed just have alcohol in the dorms but if you ask the staff nicely they'll put it away for you untill you're going out partying. all in all a very good facility that's very cheap!

• 24th Jun 2014