Hostel Grand Place Reviews

Boulevard Emile Jacqmain 99, Brussels, Belgium

2092 Total Reviews

The hostel was in a great location. The beds were ok and the sheets were aparently clean. I slept there one night and I was bitten by bedbugs, so as my friends, we slept in the same room. I got all red and water bubbles in my body, I had to go to the hospital and take medicine. I worte them about it and theg did not replyed me yet. So, think twice if want to stay there.

• 19th Jul 2014

Great location, right in the touristic centre of Brussels. Clean rooms, the only downside is that there is no receptionist on location, the kitchen locks at 11pm (so no drinking water available if you come back late) and you have to check in at a different hostel which is 10 minutes walk away.

I loved my stay in Hostel Grand Place! It´s a very good hostel. Very clean, and with a great atmosphere. The negative points are: the breakfast, it´s very poor, doesn´t have bread, croassin or anything to eat, just to drink, and you have to go to another place to do the check in.

Extremely helpful and pleasant concierge..... Waldo .... He showed amazing ability. Good bathroom Very noisy guests. For this reason alone I would not stay again. There needs to be some way of controlling the bad behaviour of a small number of people who make as much noise as they like, very late at night without consideration for others.

Reception desk was in a totally different place rather than the one we stayed in, making it harder to ask questions and needing to go to one place to check in the another to really sleep in.

• 12th Jul 2014

Unbelievable location, and totally worth checking in at a different location and walking to the actual dorms, which were RIGHT off the main square. Clean bathrooms and dorms, and towels and sheets are provided.

The hostel has a great location and the bedroom was ok. The main issue of this hostel is that the check in has to be done in another place, what could be a problem if you have big/heavy luggages. Our check in was late because the key bedroom wasn´t at the check in place and we had to wait around one hour to get it.

It was not said that the check in place is not the place we were going to be hosted. The map to the hostel was awful and the employee that explained the way to us was rude. The bathroom is REALLY small and the atmosphere is not that good; definitely it doesn't worth the price.

Excellent location and facilities. One of the cleanest and most modern hostels I have ever stayed. Bathrooms and showers were particularly good. Location is amazing.

It's got an awesome location! You're basically in the heart of where you want to be. Make sure you check in at the other location though. It's a long walk. They should really have a shuttle that takes you to grand place- in the rain with all of your backpacking gear the walk sucks. Besides that it was pretty good! Quite clean which was definitely nice.

It was absolutely unacceptable to have to wait 3 hours to check in because of the separate location of the checkin from the hostel itself. The excuse of trying to keep costs down is not a sufficient excuse to not a staff person in the hostel itself. Regarding safety, there were constantly random people walking into my room who were clearly not staying in the hostel, and a staff person/receptionist would have been able to control this.

This hostel was very good and i heard it used to be an old school and if you look closely you'll see it. the rooms are very clean and tidy unless your Spanish room mates decides otherwise. there is also complimantary breakfast which was quite good. it is not alowed just have alcohol in the dorms but if you ask the staff nicely they'll put it away for you untill you're going out partying. all in all a very good facility that's very cheap!

• 24th Jun 2014
  • Norway

Very clean hostel with modern decoration and furnitures. A bit expensive compared to other hostels I have stayed with similar facilities. The bad thing is that reception is far away from where I stayed and the map was not helpful at all.I was searching more than 30 minutes to find the room, mostly because the map I received was difficult to read. After the first shock, everything was OK. The hostel is very close to restaurants, bars, so you will appreciate its location.

• 24th Jun 2014
  • Greece

Never been in a hostel so clean and with so confy beds. Super secure and very good athmosphere and location

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • Argentina

Great location! Check-in at Blvd Emile Jacqmaine was smooth. The lounge area was cosy. Kitchen was huge and the TV screens showing the World Cup matches were well appreciated too. I stayed on the lower bunk bed and had pretty much no place to hang my clothes - so get creative! Wasn't sure how to go about adjusting the shower temperature and I felt the water left a weird feeling on my skin.

This hostel was my first and it was a great time. My only complaint is how hard it was to find. The sign is a piece of paper on the door. I highly recommend the free walking tour out of the hostel, I learned so much about the city and I was only there for 36 hours. It was also my birthday so we did a lot of drinking and this hostel is surrounded by food and bars so it was an excellent location. They just need better signage. The kitchen is state of the art and the showers were spotless

• 17th Jun 2014

The location was wonderful and the bathrooms were really nice. It was a bit annoying to have to check in at one hostel and then stay at another one, but other than that it was great!

You have to check in at another hostel, but its definitelz worth it since youll be staying practically in the grande place.

Reiception was too far from the hostel and city center Hard to find cause no Sign for hostel. Just A4 paper on the door and marked as hostel But location is perfect center of city

Only stay here as a last resort!!! It's an inconvenience to have their reception 20 mins away (on foot with 2 big luggages). Elevator was broken when I stayed here for 2 nights and they don't seem to work on it. When I got there, there's a girl in my bed! There's a guy that works there and when I told him the situation, he said verbatim, "I don't feel like dealing w/ this bullshit right now!" What?! Breakfast is basically non-existent. The quality of the ppl I was there w/, also not he best :/

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6