Hostel Grand Place Reviews

Haringstraat 6-8, Brussels, Belgium

1906 Total Reviews

I thought that this hostel was perfect! The rooms were very clean with a very large, clean bathroom. The bedding provided was clean and nice and warm. Also, each bed had it's own reading light and outlet. The fully equipped kitchen was extremely useful. The location of this hostel was incredible - so close to the Grand Market Place and only a short walk from the train stations.

• 14th Apr 2014

It's part of 2go4. No reception. Nice kitchen

Great location, fantastic bathroom, snazzy look and good kitchen, but no reception or staff to answer questions and no way to meet people. Also lacked a good common area. Not recommended for sole travellers.

Check-in was a nightmare. When I booked on hostelworld it gave me the option to arrive at 6:00 which is when I did because I took an overnight bus. Reception doesn't open until 7:30. Then apparently one of the receptionists didn't show up for their shift so I wasn't able to check in until 13:00, an hour after I was supposed to be able to. That was a long day. Other than that though, everything about it is very nice and very clean and it's hard to beat the location.

The location beats any inconvenient! The only thing I didn't like about the hostel was that you have to make check-in in another hostel and it's a 10 minutes walk, they said it's because they're making some changes, in that case, when it's over, it's going to be perfect! Very clean, comfortable, but the Wi-Fi is poor in the second floor. Anyway, I had a great stay and I definitely would come back again!

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Mexico

A good place to stay in Brussels. The downside was only that it was a bit too noisy at night especially Friday night and the pillow.

nice place but I dont sleep all night becouse it was party in the next room and people come in my room all night :(

• 10th Apr 2014
  • Montenegro

The people at the hostel (adult managers, in the reception) were very rude, almost as if they were doing me a favour for letting me stay in their hostel, just because i arrived 2 hours before the check in (and i just wanted a place to leave my luggage!!) I did not like either that we had to check in at a different place than the hostel (when luggage is heavy you just want to get in as soon as possible!!). I also think that the instructions to get to the hostel could be way better!!

This place didn't really have anywhere to socialise but it was a really good hostel in the best location!

All great aside from the check in process which is a 10 minute walk from the hostel at hostel 2Go4. What is more, when I walked to 2Go4 on the morning of my checkout to see if I could extend my stay by one night, I was told by staff at the counter that she didn't have the authority to do extend my stay at Grand Palace, and that I would have to return to Hostel Grand Palace, check out, carry my luggage back to 2Go4 and recheck in at 3pm. A massive pain in the back side.

The bathroom smelled reallu really bad. But overall a good hostel with friendly people

• 5th Apr 2014

A very good place to stay in Bruxelles right at the markt grand place square.

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • joshualeefreeman

This is the second stint I have had at this hostel. Equally as impressed as last time, and way better than the show I stayed at in Amsterdam. Beautiful location, right in Grand place and close to a lot of things to do. I'd recommend anyone staying here. Check-in is still annoying, but more manageable when you arrive later in the day.

Perfect location, very clean rooms and good environment. The fact that you need to check-in somewhere else make things a little bit complicated and not practical.. That is the only reason that I wouldn't give a 100% mark.

They didn't give me a new sheet. But i couldn't chage that . Because the reception was at another place .

• 26th Mar 2014
  • South Korea

A great option!!!!!

Very nice place in the center. Rooms were clean and bathrooms were nice. Feels very private like an apartment.

The hostel is in the middle of the center. Just perfect. Ther is also a nice kitchen where you can cook. And ladies, its a hostel with a haidryer. The toilet wasent very clean in our room.

Great location, really clean rooms. The only let down were the showers with the area being quite little making it hard to put your belonging in the cubicle and keep them dry, also the shower turns off every 30 seconds and it was hard to adjust the temperature of the water.

Very good location, right off the Grand Place! The facilities were nice, and the hostel staff was really nice, even though the check-in was quite far from the actual hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5