Hostel Grand Place Reviews

Boulevard Emile Jacqmain 99, Brussels, Belgium

I didn't mind the check in being so far away (although totally inconvenient, I wouldn't check in late at night) but the lack of staff in the hostel made it hard to get things done and regulate issues. Also the staff at that desk was not the most helpful. The rooms were nice, everyone with their own locker and outlet. The bathroom was very nice and in the room. And the location of this place is phenomenal, couldn't have been happier with that.

The hostel is great located and the staff is great, the only thing that I didn't like is that you have to check in in other hostel that is 15 minutes away by foot. The atmosphere isn't good at all, there is not a big place to meet people, but you have a lot of bars and pubs around the hostel. I would recommend it.

Great location, but having the reception at a different hostel is really annoying. It takes about 10 or 15 minutes to walk between them, which is a long way when you are carrying a backpack.

The location was amazing! right in the main square and close to everything! The map provided was great and the hostel was very clean and the lockers were large which was really nice! The only issue was that there was no staff on hand, if you needed something you had to walk 10 min to the other hostel

I thought that this hostel was perfect! The rooms were very clean with a very large, clean bathroom. The bedding provided was clean and nice and warm. Also, each bed had it's own reading light and outlet. The fully equipped kitchen was extremely useful. The location of this hostel was incredible - so close to the Grand Market Place and only a short walk from the train stations.

• 14th Apr 2014

it's very annoying that the check in reception is not in the hostel itself. and the street from it to the hostel is bad, so if you are a tired girl with a suitcase, you will suffer. There's not much possibility to talk with other travelers since the public space is very limited, so the hostel is more like just passing by for one day. Anyway, the facilities in the bathroom is really great, it's like a hotel!

It's part of 2go4. No reception. Nice kitchen

Great location, fantastic bathroom, snazzy look and good kitchen, but no reception or staff to answer questions and no way to meet people. Also lacked a good common area. Not recommended for sole travellers.

Check-in was a nightmare. When I booked on hostelworld it gave me the option to arrive at 6:00 which is when I did because I took an overnight bus. Reception doesn't open until 7:30. Then apparently one of the receptionists didn't show up for their shift so I wasn't able to check in until 13:00, an hour after I was supposed to be able to. That was a long day. Other than that though, everything about it is very nice and very clean and it's hard to beat the location.

The location beats any inconvenient! The only thing I didn't like about the hostel was that you have to make check-in in another hostel and it's a 10 minutes walk, they said it's because they're making some changes, in that case, when it's over, it's going to be perfect! Very clean, comfortable, but the Wi-Fi is poor in the second floor. Anyway, I had a great stay and I definitely would come back again!

The location is amazing - I would consider this place for that reason alone, especially if you're on a budget. The area is safe, though it is also quite loud at night since a lot of sounds echo from the square, so it may be hard to sleep. There is a lot to do during the day and at night that are a quick walk away. The rooms are decent, and the bathroom is well-cleaned and maintained. My only concern was that the lockers that could not be locked even though they try to sell you locks for them.

A good place to stay in Brussels. The downside was only that it was a bit too noisy at night especially Friday night and the pillow.

nice place but I dont sleep all night becouse it was party in the next room and people come in my room all night :(

• 10th Apr 2014
  • Montenegro

The people at the hostel (adult managers, in the reception) were very rude, almost as if they were doing me a favour for letting me stay in their hostel, just because i arrived 2 hours before the check in (and i just wanted a place to leave my luggage!!) I did not like either that we had to check in at a different place than the hostel (when luggage is heavy you just want to get in as soon as possible!!). I also think that the instructions to get to the hostel could be way better!!

This place didn't really have anywhere to socialise but it was a really good hostel in the best location!

All great aside from the check in process which is a 10 minute walk from the hostel at hostel 2Go4. What is more, when I walked to 2Go4 on the morning of my checkout to see if I could extend my stay by one night, I was told by staff at the counter that she didn't have the authority to do extend my stay at Grand Palace, and that I would have to return to Hostel Grand Palace, check out, carry my luggage back to 2Go4 and recheck in at 3pm. A massive pain in the back side.

The bathroom smelled reallu really bad. But overall a good hostel with friendly people

• 5th Apr 2014

A very good place to stay in Bruxelles right at the markt grand place square.

This is the second stint I have had at this hostel. Equally as impressed as last time, and way better than the show I stayed at in Amsterdam. Beautiful location, right in Grand place and close to a lot of things to do. I'd recommend anyone staying here. Check-in is still annoying, but more manageable when you arrive later in the day.

Perfect location, very clean rooms and good environment. The fact that you need to check-in somewhere else make things a little bit complicated and not practical.. That is the only reason that I wouldn't give a 100% mark.