Hostel HOMEr Reviews

Melantrichova 11, Prague, Czech Republic

Best place in prague

Staff was helpful in every way possible, even helped me order Czech products online and let me use their computer to back up my photos when it was urgent. Couldn't get a better location. Big rooms, bathroom cleaned everyday, and large modern kitchen. Internet worked great everywhere. Only thing that would be nice is an actual desktop computer for use in the common area and pay coffee machine needs fixing but I think they're on it :)

Great location near the center of town. The hostel was awesome. The 16 bed dorm was huge as was the attached lounge area. I was in the second building. That bathrooms and kitchen were spotless.

Staff really friendly and helpfull. The place is calm ans spacious. We absolutly enjoyed our stay there!

• 29th Oct 2014

Excellent hostel with awesome localization! We had a little complication on the check in time, but nothing special. Rooms and baths are right and great people at the hostel!

The staff was helping a lot when we arrived. The only problem that i had was the heater doesnt work, but anyway the staff brought another heater into the room. The bathroom was also clean.

• 23rd Oct 2014
  • Indonesia

Good location but Quality of beds is weak

Superb location, right in the middle of the city center. Beds are okay and clean and a nice bathroom on each floor. The common room is cozy and comes with a fully functioning kitchen.

This hostel has the most spacious rooms of any hostel I've seen. The bad parts were the reception weren't very friendly and helpful (but not unfriendly). The kitchen areas are amazing, but there's too many of them so it's hard to make friends. You have to wear a wristband the entire day so you stand-out as a tourist and it looks like you just got back from a pub crawl. With the building and facilities being so amazing, it's a shame that I would choose another hostel.

Located very near to square, makes it a perfect place for sightseeing but also for going out at night. Very nice and clean building but a bit grumpy staff, no atmosphere and crowded with groups. So perfect for groups who want to get drunk at night but not so nice for single travellers who like to meet people or want to sleep at night.

Good hostel, can't complain. Fantastic location, that is for sure.

This hostel is a two minute walk from Old Town Square, which means 1) it's right in the middle of everything, and 2) you will be constantly swarmed by tourists. Beware. As for the hostel, I stayed in a 16-person apartment, and, for all of us, we had access to two single-occupancy bathrooms, which were beautiful but I waited about 20 minutes each time to use one.

Great Location for nightlife, sightseeing and all touristic Prague stuff. All staff was helpful, friendly but one of them seemed a bit tired and overworked. We booked the double room - was value for money (66 €/night), because of the great location. No cupboard and litterbin in our room, which was a bit poor. For one or two nights okay and not worse than any of the far more expensive hotels around. Window led to the lively street - so, no sleep till drunken young tourists left...

I was really excited to go to this hostel. But in the end it didn't look like on the pictures at all and the staff was really unmotivated as if they hated their job. I never felt really welcome to ask anything.. The rooms were totally okay, though there were no curtains so it got quite bright in th room at 8am. And there was just one bathroom with 1 shower and 1 toilet for at least 12 people. Ove all the hostel is okay, but not worh 20euro a night.. The location is great though!

It was my second stay in this hostel and it was great. I wouldn't sleep anywhere else. The rooms are great and clean. The staff is really nice and helpful and it's like directly in the city centre.

Great Hostel in the perfect location, friendly staff and cleaners that come in daily. This was my favourite hostel of my entire trip...highly recommended!!

• 25th Aug 2014
  • Wales

Nice hostel but the staff weren't overly enthusiastic. Really great facilities and cleanliness but the atmosphere was non-existent. Perfect hostel for people not looking to meet anyone but good facilities.

Great location right next to the old town square. I was generally happy with the hostel but if you're not into climbing all lot of stairs everytime you get to the hostel - this place is not for you. Facilities were cool but more toilets/showers could be nice.

I travelled for a month across 12 countries in Europe. Your hostel was by far my favourite. Recommended it to every traveller I knew going to Prague.

Very comfortable,with huge rooms, and a superb location. Perfect way to visit Prague, maybe not the top if you want to keep in touch with other people.