Hostel HOMEr Reviews

Melantrichova 11, Prague, Czech Republic

I stayed at the 6 bed dorm at the third floor, and the only issues I had with that were 1) WiFi didn't work there 2) The room was too bright! In the early morning I would wake up with the sun on my face. They should consider having curtains installed. Other than that the hostel is perfectly located, clean, and I would definitely stay there again.

Room was on the third floor and was perfectly nice, we were lucky to share with all girls who we got on well with. The door to the bedroom was really difficult to lock and the bathroom flooded quite badly. Unfortunately a massive group of guys got the room next to us on the last night and they were up all night shouting and being annoying in general. We complained to the hotel receptionist who was very understanding and gave us a partial refund.

This place is terrific. Mike and Luke and everyone are super helpful and good people. The location is really good. I even liked all the simpsons signs/theme. My kinda place. The high ceilings are really nice. The bathroom was also very luxurious. I took a bath!! (Haven't done that in about 10 yrs). We stayed in the 4 bedroom one, and the door did have a lock. You do hear some street noises because the window opens to the street, but you can still meditate, or shout into the street

• 12th May 2015

Opening and closing the door was loud since everyone struggled with it. Nice building, happy we didn't have bunk beds

• 12th May 2015

The staff was so helpful and nice! The bathrooms are nice and large, so it is easy to take a shower, and the common area is super nice! It was in an amazing location just minutes from the old town.

Everything is great. I walked to any places of interests. And you can asko walk to bus station or train station by walk if you donot have big or heavy luggage. Only one problem is the wifi is not good in my room. But they have a living room for wifi. I'll come back there if I go to prague again.

• 8th May 2015
  • China

Great location right in the city. Hostel felt really secure and was quiet at night. Kind of a bummer that there was only one bathroom on the floor, sometimes had to wait for people to finish showering. Our private room was very large and clean. I would definitely recommend this hostel!

I wouldn't recommend getting a 12 or 16 bed dorm here. My 12 bed dorm was very disappointing. The room was smelly, seemed like it had been a long time since it had been cleaned and aired out from guests. The pillows and mattresses were lumpy. My sheets smelt of cigarettes. The room was right next to the living area so it was difficult to sleep as people were in and out all night talking very loud. Lockers weren't very secure. No lock on room door.

Except for the 85 steps the hostel was excellent. Less then 2 minutes from the astrological clock close to many and bars

Perfect location for touring Prague! Extremely close to Old Town and the Charles Bridge. The room was very spacious but the wifi only worked in the common room.

i didnwt stay in your hostel.

As a woman travelling alone, I felt very safe here. This hostel has the absolute best quality, well cared-for bathrooms and common spaces I have seen out of the 7 hostels I have stayed in. Everyone is extremely nice, and it's VERY safe; there are 2 (and at night 3) locked doors and a staircase that stand between the outside world and your hostel space (which is more like a flat than anything else). You also have a full kitchen (with oven), bathtubs, and a restaurant just downstairs.

Can get loud during the night. Staff not as friendly. Bathrooms were dirty.

Very good bedroom and toilets, very near to the Old Town Square

The location of the hostel is absolutely central!!! You will live in a historical touched interior architecture which is just super nice. The staff is very friendly and everything is absolutely clean!!! I do warmly recommend Hostel Homer!

• 19th Mar 2015

I stayed in a beautiful 5 bed room and was amazed at how nice this hostel was! However there was no wifi working in our room which was critical! Another major concern was the lack of locks on our room door! Our floor was locked to the outside but we weren't able to lock the bedroom during the night and there was a giant 13 bed dorm room right next to us. We payed the extra cost of having a smaller room for security/privacy and it was surprisingly not so.

The staff was very helpful, they even printed out tickets for me for the opera!

Great stay at Hostel Homer. The location is awesome, so close to everything. The room was very nice and the bathrooms were clean. Would definitely recommend!

Great hostel, great staff, great roommates, really enjoyed my 2 nights here. My window looked down onto a main pedestrian stuff but it was super quiet at night. It's 'quiet-ish' in Prague this time of year but that suited me down to the ground, hence this hostel was perfect for me :) A great hostel in a city which has an excellent standard of hostels. Well done. Douglas

A nice hostel in a great spot.