Hostel HOMEr Reviews

Melantrichova 11, Prague, Czech Republic

The overall experience was good! The frame of the bed I was given was broken, letting my mattress sag through nearly to the ground. The communal shower head mount would not remain in place, forcing me to shower by hand. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable about the area. They were able to provide us with ideas for activities. A clean, communal kitchen was also provided. Location could not be better! Would definitely stay again.

We pre booked a private dorm of 3 and on arrival we ended up staying in a 5bed private dorm alone. We arrived off the night train at 7am and were offered to relax in the common room with a shower and cup of tea. Our room was amazing and clean with a great kitchen, football table, common room area. We staying in novemeber so wasn't particularly busy but still the opertunities to meet people. Location wise it was so close to the old square and just off the busy new high street.

A few of the staff were unfriendly. This hostel posted signs "no outside food is allowed" because they have a restaurant onsite. The ceiling lights in a lady bathroom was out of order for 3 days while I was there. Told their staff repeatedly, still no repairs.

Can't get a better location than this. Good facilities expect for in the kitchen the oven and stove didn't work. Nice big rooms with single beds.

I love this hostel! Maybe theres a difference between dorms in different buildings, I stayed on the floor with the 7-bed dorm and there were two big, clean bathrooms, a living room and a modern, full kitchen. The room was huge and I had it all to myself for a couple days which was great! The location is absolutely perfect and can't be beat. The directions on their page are not accurate however, it took me forever to find the place because of this. Otherwise great experience & I would stay again!

The hostel is located near the heart of old town square making it so easy to enjoy the historical land marks of the city, only about a 20min walk from the train station. Directions of their website aren't very useful however. The rooms were spacious and clean. There is only one bathroom and shower per floor which somehow didn't seem to be much a problem. It's a small place. The staff however wasn't very helpful, the only person who was helpful was Erin, thank goodness for her she was great.

Amazing location, bathrooms were very nice but limited in number, rooms were spacious but smelled like they were cleaned a couple of weeks ago. Biggest minus point is the staff, constantly in a bad mood and needlessly rude. They really shouldn't be working in a hostel.

• 16th Oct 2015
  • Greece

Its a nice place to stay. The area was really central and the stuff friendly. The bath was sometimes a bit to wet but clean. I like the stay in hostel homer and would come back.

This hostel was right in the middle of everything which was great. We were in a 6 bed mixed dorm, which was spacious, no bunks either. They were short on lockers in the room though. The only downside to being in the middle of everything is you can hear the drunken hooligans outside until 5am or so. So if your looking for a good night sleep, bring ear plugs. Cool old building, but it's squeaky and echoes so you can hear every person in the entire hostel. Not for light sleepers.

Awesome location in the city near the astrological clock. We stayed in the side of the hostel that isn't as elaborate as what's in the pictures (there are two sides) but it was fine overall. Only one bathroom per floor though, so felt like we were always fighting for the bathroom -- especially showering in the morning. Otherwise can't complain!

Very nice place & great vibe. I loved the building. Also, the owner is a great musician ;)

Extremely helpful and friendly staff .Private double great size and view plenty of room for a bathroom. Shared bathroom very public in kitchen area.

The hostel meets basic sleeping needs (with an excellent location), but there is no social atmosphere. Also, wi-fi does not reach past the first floor (there are rooms on second and third floors), so I had to go down to the first floor any time I had to communicate with friends.

Needed to be cleaner but friendly staff and great location. Cheap and cheerful - worth the price

Loved this hostel. Staff are super helpful and accommodating. Beautiful and clean. Awesome kitchens. The best location in the city. Loved that there were single beds and not bunk beds. The only thing that was an issue was the number of showers available. It was hard to share two showers on my floor for almost 20 people. The long wait to shower was well worth it though for everything else that makes this hostel great.

Absolutely great location of this hostel just a minutes walk from the old town square so you are surrounded by many facilities. Despite being in a 16-bed dorm it didn't feel cramped and there was also great communal areas including a top kitchen if you didn't want to eat out every night.

Good for party animals

Bedsheets were slightly too short not allowing me to do envelope folds like one is supposed to make, curtains aren't double lined so let the sunlight in, Pillows were lumpy. These are minor things but would have improved my stay Literally no other complaints. Everything else was perfect.

• 6th Aug 2015

The kitchen areas and bathrooms are all very modern and the rooms are spacious with very tall ceilings! The noise levels are high, being woken up by people talking to the next door room which can be heard very clearly and cleaners coming in and out is slightly annoying. The location is very good right in the centre of everything.

Perfect location, Amazing room and loved the old gates, wooden doors and skeleton keys. It was great not to sleep in a bunk bed while staying in a 6 person room. Huge bathrooms and great water pressure. Would stay again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3