Hostel HOMEr Reviews

Melantrichova 11, Prague, Czech Republic

Absolutely great location of this hostel just a minutes walk from the old town square so you are surrounded by many facilities. Despite being in a 16-bed dorm it didn't feel cramped and there was also great communal areas including a top kitchen if you didn't want to eat out every night.

Good for party animals

Bedsheets were slightly too short not allowing me to do envelope folds like one is supposed to make, curtains aren't double lined so let the sunlight in, Pillows were lumpy. These are minor things but would have improved my stay Literally no other complaints. Everything else was perfect.

• 6th Aug 2015

The kitchen areas and bathrooms are all very modern and the rooms are spacious with very tall ceilings! The noise levels are high, being woken up by people talking to the next door room which can be heard very clearly and cleaners coming in and out is slightly annoying. The location is very good right in the centre of everything.

Perfect location, Amazing room and loved the old gates, wooden doors and skeleton keys. It was great not to sleep in a bunk bed while staying in a 6 person room. Huge bathrooms and great water pressure. Would stay again.

This place was awesome! The staff was lovely, really friendly and helpful! The building was absolutely beautiful! It is in a really great location with easy access to all the major attractions. Everything was super clean and the kitchen was large and well stocked. This is one of the best hostels I have stayed in during over three months of travel. I thought the layout with rooms in different apartments might be isolating but I met several great people very easily!

It was really the best hostel in Prague, super nice staff..

• 1st Aug 2015
  • India

You should label which bed is empty and which bed is not. A lot of confusion happened concerning this topic during my stay.

The best part of this hostel is the location - it is in a great spot. Very close to everything. The girl working at the desk was friendly but didn't give amazing service - overall though it was a clean hostel with everything you need. Only one shower on the entire floor though which would have been tough if I had have been there more than one night. Looking to party in Prague? Stay here - you don't need the hostel for much other than a place to sleep!

Unbeatable location, and building is quiet. Nice facilities and pretty clean. Only 'complaint' is that the wait for the bathrooms can be long and, while it's nice to have a huge bathroom with bidet, it's nicer to not spend 30 minutes queuing. Also the fridge in my room did not work properly and I had to throw away 15 euros worth of food, which is not ideal for anyone, but especially not for a backpacker on a budget. Wifi also dropped out/didn't work in the rooms.

Really really amazing location with amazing people. Only complaint would be the sheer heat, perhaps investing in some fans would do the job! But overall an amazing stay :)

• 19th Jul 2015

We had such a great stay at hostel homer! The location is fantastic, the facilities are great and the staff were amazing. Would definitely recommend staying here!

Met some really amazing people here, the balcony is a great place to make friends! Front desk staff were friendly, the main cleaning lady was very rude.

This hostel has the best location you honestly couldn't get anything better ! The rooms are nice and spacious (I stayed in a 4bed room with our own kitchen and living area ). The staff were really friendly and u got upgraded upon arrival! Highly recommend this hostel !!

The establishment is great and the staff were very friendly. Yes it's a central location but it's literally like a tourist highway. Not ideal for backpacking if you want to experience real Prague. each section is segregated into their own common rooms so there is not much opertunity to hang out with anyone but the people in your room. I'd recommend to groups but not solo travellers.

Really nice atmosphere and is cleaned daily. Only comment was my bed had a step in it making it slightly uncomfortable but not all are like that

Not social at all. Great location but didn't feel like the place to meet people.

Probably one of the best places I have stayed in the last 5 weeks. Only applies to the 6 bed dorms on the top level. The 8-12 look a little crammed rooms aren't as nice. There is no wifi. But down in the common room it works really well. Location is ridiculously good. 1 min walk to main square. I did have one situation where one staff member tried to get me to do my own washing and hang it out after I paid 10€ for it. Which is ridiculously expensive.

We stayed in a room on the 2nd floor of the hostel during our 4-day stay. The room which we were staying in is an additional compartment which is not an original room in the building. There is a huge gap between the wooden wall of that room and the root which made that room vulnerable to noise from the nearby kitchen and common area. However if you are a party person or nighthawk that that is ok. The facility in the hostel is good and the staff is friendly and helpful.

I enjoyed my experience at this hostel. The location is perfect! So close to everything. Everything was also very clean and safe.

« first « Prev 1 2 3