Hostel HOMEr Reviews

Melantrichova 11, Prague, Czech Republic

Unbeatable location, and building is quiet. Nice facilities and pretty clean. Only 'complaint' is that the wait for the bathrooms can be long and, while it's nice to have a huge bathroom with bidet, it's nicer to not spend 30 minutes queuing. Also the fridge in my room did not work properly and I had to throw away 15 euros worth of food, which is not ideal for anyone, but especially not for a backpacker on a budget. Wifi also dropped out/didn't work in the rooms.

Really really amazing location with amazing people. Only complaint would be the sheer heat, perhaps investing in some fans would do the job! But overall an amazing stay :)

• 19th Jul 2015

Met some really amazing people here, the balcony is a great place to make friends! Front desk staff were friendly, the main cleaning lady was very rude.

This hostel has the best location you honestly couldn't get anything better ! The rooms are nice and spacious (I stayed in a 4bed room with our own kitchen and living area ). The staff were really friendly and u got upgraded upon arrival! Highly recommend this hostel !!

The establishment is great and the staff were very friendly. Yes it's a central location but it's literally like a tourist highway. Not ideal for backpacking if you want to experience real Prague. each section is segregated into their own common rooms so there is not much opertunity to hang out with anyone but the people in your room. I'd recommend to groups but not solo travellers.

Really nice atmosphere and is cleaned daily. Only comment was my bed had a step in it making it slightly uncomfortable but not all are like that

Not social at all. Great location but didn't feel like the place to meet people.

Probably one of the best places I have stayed in the last 5 weeks. Only applies to the 6 bed dorms on the top level. The 8-12 look a little crammed rooms aren't as nice. There is no wifi. But down in the common room it works really well. Location is ridiculously good. 1 min walk to main square. I did have one situation where one staff member tried to get me to do my own washing and hang it out after I paid 10€ for it. Which is ridiculously expensive.

We stayed in a room on the 2nd floor of the hostel during our 4-day stay. The room which we were staying in is an additional compartment which is not an original room in the building. There is a huge gap between the wooden wall of that room and the root which made that room vulnerable to noise from the nearby kitchen and common area. However if you are a party person or nighthawk that that is ok. The facility in the hostel is good and the staff is friendly and helpful.

I enjoyed my experience at this hostel. The location is perfect! So close to everything. Everything was also very clean and safe.

The stafff is the best ever, extremely helpful and charming. I will recommend to clean more the bathrooms bit other than that everything was awesome!

Hostel is located nearby all major attractions with in 5-10 mins walk can cost most of them and friendly atmosphere and helpful staff

When I was there make guess were approached by other female guests offering their services, shall I say. I thought I was staying in a hostel but perhaps I wasn't.

가격대비 괜찮음 프라하도보가 캐리어끌기진짜힘든 도보라는것만 빼면 위치도 하벨시장 바로옆이고 좋음. 방음이 잘안되고 화장실 경쟁이 좀 있는편. 시설은 좀 낡았음. 4인 여성전용은 부엌 냉장고전부 포함이라 좋았음

Hostel Homer was great - perfect location if you want to be in the middle of it all (next to the old town square). The facilities were fine, although the wait for the bathroom was a bit of a problem. Good place to stay if you don't mind noise late at night!

I have cleaned my own room few times this year, which says something about the standard I hold for cleanliness. I got terrible dust allergies from your hostel - I could feel my allergies starting every single time I went to sleep. I got two styes from it.

Nice enough hostel, I was there on the weekend so quite a lot of partiers so a bit noisy into the night but I had earplugs so not a problem for me. Clean rooms and decent bathrooms and kitchen. My dorm room on the top floor had only single beds not bunks which was nice!

The bathrooms are fantastic! There's a large common area and kitchen, and it has a relaxed atmosphere (during my stay). Great location just a street down from Old Town Square.

I stayed at the 6 bed dorm at the third floor, and the only issues I had with that were 1) WiFi didn't work there 2) The room was too bright! In the early morning I would wake up with the sun on my face. They should consider having curtains installed. Other than that the hostel is perfectly located, clean, and I would definitely stay there again.

Room was on the third floor and was perfectly nice, we were lucky to share with all girls who we got on well with. The door to the bedroom was really difficult to lock and the bathroom flooded quite badly. Unfortunately a massive group of guys got the room next to us on the last night and they were up all night shouting and being annoying in general. We complained to the hotel receptionist who was very understanding and gave us a partial refund.