Hostel HOMEr Reviews

Melantrichova 11, Prague, Czech Republic

2 words: bed. bugs. Not even kidding.

There was a blood spot on my quilt. I asked the reception to change it and they changed me another one with even a bigger blood spot on it! So they changed it again for me but said ''you have a quilt cover, right? You put the cover to the quilt.'' They don't even feel sorry for the uncleanness! 10€ deposit for key.The staff who did the cleaning work knocked our door rudely on 6:50AM twice for no reason. I guess she/he just wanted to make noise to us. I won't stay here again & don't recommend.

Staff very helpful and informative. I would highly recommend it to travelers, especially those who want a central location. Only negative thing (which wasn't even that bad) was that the kitchen in my room didn't have any cooking utensils like pots, pans, forks, spoons, etc. so if you want to cook, bring your own stuff.

• 22nd Mar 2014

The 12 beds room is small and has not 12 lockers, I shared with my friend. No beautifil ceiling there. No pub for guests. No breakfast. But the worst part was not about the hostel. There were there a guy who probably had not taken a shower for a week or two. He was in our room and the air was like sulfur in the morning... hard times.

• 7th Mar 2014

Perfect location, very nice dorms

So clean and nice! I cannot emphasize how great the location was, and it's all about location when you only have a few days to explore the city. :)

• 24th Feb 2014

Great hostel, excellent location. I loved having a kitchen in my room. Although my room was so comfortable, I didn't explore much of the hostel. Would stay again.

Such friendly staff and q great location but a little difficult to find and a little hidden. I also find it quite dark walking in even though I knez it was perfectly safe

Perfect place to stay if you visit prague, great location and excellent staff make it more enjoyable

• 4th Jan 2014

This was a great hostel. It was located so close to everything.

• 3rd Jan 2014

Great location so close to the Old Town Square - we were in a whole apartment to ourselves over Christmas. Amazing kitchen facilities, but no real shared communal space to meet other travellers.

This hostel is located a stone's throw from the Old Town Square, but it's just off the street so it's nice and quiet! I stayed in the 4-bed female room with kitchen and it was great! Spacious and having the kitchen was really convenient. The bathroom just across the hall was nice, great water pressure in the shower. Daily cleanings kept everything spotless. The staff were helpful with my questions. I would definitely stay in this hostel again.

We had a great stay, thanks a lot guys!

I adore the bad tube. There could be free coffee for guests..

very morden kitchen

Great place! I reserved for two nights and stay for four. Excellent location - a 20 minute walk from the train station (You'll need a map.) but right in the center of the tourist district. Good wifi. Big supermarket nearby (but you'll need directions to find it). Spacious kitchen, but only one hotplate was working when I was there. Fun fact: "HOMEr" refers to the Simpson patriarch.

The staff was really helpful and kind except one guy that was too strict with me because my girlfriend came to find me for one night in the hostel and i didn't inform the reception immediately that she will be in the hostel... So when he saw us, he asked me to pay one extra bed for last night and a 100 euros as a punishment and then to leave the hostel because i broke the rules! I knew that i broke the rules but i didn't expect that he will "throw" us on the road..at night! Too bad..

• 6th Nov 2013
  • Albania

Amazing location, 2 minutes walk from the Old Town Square. Rooms are spacious and comfortable, very silent. I stayed on the second floor of what appeared to be a brand new area of the hostel - the kitchen looked like "not ready yet". Also, this new area only has two bathrooms for use by three 7-people rooms, which sounds totally not enough to me - although this could be fixed by splitting the bathrooms into WC/sink/shower units.