Hostel HOMEr Reviews

Melantrichova 11, Prague, Czech Republic

As a woman travelling alone, I felt very safe here. This hostel has the absolute best quality, well cared-for bathrooms and common spaces I have seen out of the 7 hostels I have stayed in. Everyone is extremely nice, and it's VERY safe; there are 2 (and at night 3) locked doors and a staircase that stand between the outside world and your hostel space (which is more like a flat than anything else). You also have a full kitchen (with oven), bathtubs, and a restaurant just downstairs.

Can get loud during the night. Staff not as friendly. Bathrooms were dirty.

Very good bedroom and toilets, very near to the Old Town Square

The location of the hostel is absolutely central!!! You will live in a historical touched interior architecture which is just super nice. The staff is very friendly and everything is absolutely clean!!! I do warmly recommend Hostel Homer!

• 19th Mar 2015

I stayed in a beautiful 5 bed room and was amazed at how nice this hostel was! However there was no wifi working in our room which was critical! Another major concern was the lack of locks on our room door! Our floor was locked to the outside but we weren't able to lock the bedroom during the night and there was a giant 13 bed dorm room right next to us. We payed the extra cost of having a smaller room for security/privacy and it was surprisingly not so.

The staff was very helpful, they even printed out tickets for me for the opera!

Great stay at Hostel Homer. The location is awesome, so close to everything. The room was very nice and the bathrooms were clean. Would definitely recommend!

Great hostel, great staff, great roommates, really enjoyed my 2 nights here. My window looked down onto a main pedestrian stuff but it was super quiet at night. It's 'quiet-ish' in Prague this time of year but that suited me down to the ground, hence this hostel was perfect for me :) A great hostel in a city which has an excellent standard of hostels. Well done. Douglas

A nice hostel in a great spot.

Very clean, good atmosphere and very close to everything! We had a great stay

I really recommend this hostel!

I had a great stay and the staff are really friendly. It is set in a nice old building really central.

Great location, friendly staff and incredible 17th century interior. Amazing. Lovely stay over New Years and barely any noise at night. Only having 2 showers with toilets in the same room between 3 rooms of 6 was a bit troubling at times though. The incredible bathrooms themselves moreorless made up for it.

• 31st Dec 2014

got broken into night 1. staff booked us into a pub crawl and when we got back everything was stolen. staff did not care one bit and claimed the cctv was not working that night (convenient) lockers and room broken into when you need a key from reception to enter both... not helpful at all, very overpriced for what it is and i would not reccomend it to anybody - at least not somebody with phones and money.

• 29th Dec 2014

People staying in the other room had their lockers broken into and lots of stuff stolen, staff were very dismissive and said that valuables shouldn't be kept in the lockers. Besides this the signs they have up all around the place are very patronising to paying customers. Can't fault location.

• 28th Dec 2014

Great hostel, right near the old towns square in a nice old building. The hostel had some facilities like a huge kitchen, a living room and foosball table but other facilities like wifi and toilet-number could be improved. We were sharing two toilets with atleast 15 people, when not more. But apart from that we had a good experience and met other friendly travelers.

• 27th Dec 2014
  • India

Great location right in the middle of the town center. The staff was very friendly and provided us with all the assistance that we needed.

I stayed in a 4-bed female dorm and it actually had real beds, not bunk beds! The huge room also had a full kitchen, which was very nice. The hostel was very clean with a bathroom and shower room on each floor. The staff, in particular Michael and Veronica, were excellent, very friendly and helpful. The location was outstanding, right off of Old Town (in fact I could see my window from the clock tower!), close to everything. Definitely recommend.

Best place in prague

Staff was helpful in every way possible, even helped me order Czech products online and let me use their computer to back up my photos when it was urgent. Couldn't get a better location. Big rooms, bathroom cleaned everyday, and large modern kitchen. Internet worked great everywhere. Only thing that would be nice is an actual desktop computer for use in the common area and pay coffee machine needs fixing but I think they're on it :)