Hostel HOMEr Reviews

Melantrichova 11, Prague, Czech Republic

I just dont have anything i could complain about. The hostel is located 2 minutes walking from the astronomical clock. It was easy to arrive from the airport. The price was definitely good - probably due to the off season. There were 3 or 4 doors to get to the bedroom, so no one can say it wasn't secure. The bathroom for the 6-bed bedroom was on the level of a 4 star hotel - no, I'm not lying. Lastly, the staff was friendly and they all spoke English perfectly.

Good kitchen space and utilities provided. Stayed in the top floor which was under a slanted roof so I kept banging my head on the ceiling. Others didn't so maybe it was my fault lol. Had real beds instead of bunk beds so that was good. Right in the center of Old Town as promised but that means quite a walk from the train station. Since we had luggage and Prague sidewalks are known for their ruggedness our trip to the hostel wasn't really enjoyable. The staff were nice.

The bed sheets are so old and uncomfortable.

The ignorant rude unhelpful woman from DC was my main problem with the staff. she didn't want to make any effort at all. Besides that I loved the atmosphere. There was a huge common room and kitchen for each floor. One bathroom for 16 persons was difficult but that's what we paid for. Kitchen and bathrooms were very clean. Locations was in the touristy area which was gorgeous but the food was definitely pricey.

The american reception lady was so so lovely! Perfect location and really nice hostel! Could have more showers.

• 28th Dec 2015

Amazing location! Pretty easy to find from the metro, short walk to old town square, Charles bridge, free walking tours, and the new town area. Hostel itself was pretty quiet and there's not too much socializing (at least while we were there), but it was still a good stay. Beds were fine, lots of outlets and working wifi -- no complaints.

The overall experience was good! The frame of the bed I was given was broken, letting my mattress sag through nearly to the ground. The communal shower head mount would not remain in place, forcing me to shower by hand. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable about the area. They were able to provide us with ideas for activities. A clean, communal kitchen was also provided. Location could not be better! Would definitely stay again.

We pre booked a private dorm of 3 and on arrival we ended up staying in a 5bed private dorm alone. We arrived off the night train at 7am and were offered to relax in the common room with a shower and cup of tea. Our room was amazing and clean with a great kitchen, football table, common room area. We staying in novemeber so wasn't particularly busy but still the opertunities to meet people. Location wise it was so close to the old square and just off the busy new high street.

A few of the staff were unfriendly. This hostel posted signs "no outside food is allowed" because they have a restaurant onsite. The ceiling lights in a lady bathroom was out of order for 3 days while I was there. Told their staff repeatedly, still no repairs.

Thank for your funny review. I do not understand "no outside food is allowed". Where did you see that?Italian restaurant which is downstairs is not ours. We really appreciate honest comments and what do you think?Do we have the power to push you eat here?:)

Can't get a better location than this. Good facilities expect for in the kitchen the oven and stove didn't work. Nice big rooms with single beds.

I love this hostel! Maybe theres a difference between dorms in different buildings, I stayed on the floor with the 7-bed dorm and there were two big, clean bathrooms, a living room and a modern, full kitchen. The room was huge and I had it all to myself for a couple days which was great! The location is absolutely perfect and can't be beat. The directions on their page are not accurate however, it took me forever to find the place because of this. Otherwise great experience & I would stay again!

The hostel is located near the heart of old town square making it so easy to enjoy the historical land marks of the city, only about a 20min walk from the train station. Directions of their website aren't very useful however. The rooms were spacious and clean. There is only one bathroom and shower per floor which somehow didn't seem to be much a problem. It's a small place. The staff however wasn't very helpful, the only person who was helpful was Erin, thank goodness for her she was great.

Amazing location, bathrooms were very nice but limited in number, rooms were spacious but smelled like they were cleaned a couple of weeks ago. Biggest minus point is the staff, constantly in a bad mood and needlessly rude. They really shouldn't be working in a hostel.

• 16th Oct 2015
  • Greece

Hello, I´m sorry for your experience and feeling. We do clean rooms every day..

Its a nice place to stay. The area was really central and the stuff friendly. The bath was sometimes a bit to wet but clean. I like the stay in hostel homer and would come back.

This hostel was right in the middle of everything which was great. We were in a 6 bed mixed dorm, which was spacious, no bunks either. They were short on lockers in the room though. The only downside to being in the middle of everything is you can hear the drunken hooligans outside until 5am or so. So if your looking for a good night sleep, bring ear plugs. Cool old building, but it's squeaky and echoes so you can hear every person in the entire hostel. Not for light sleepers.

Awesome location in the city near the astrological clock. We stayed in the side of the hostel that isn't as elaborate as what's in the pictures (there are two sides) but it was fine overall. Only one bathroom per floor though, so felt like we were always fighting for the bathroom -- especially showering in the morning. Otherwise can't complain!

Very nice place & great vibe. I loved the building. Also, the owner is a great musician ;)

Extremely helpful and friendly staff .Private double great size and view plenty of room for a bathroom. Shared bathroom very public in kitchen area.

The hostel meets basic sleeping needs (with an excellent location), but there is no social atmosphere. Also, wi-fi does not reach past the first floor (there are rooms on second and third floors), so I had to go down to the first floor any time I had to communicate with friends.

Needed to be cleaner but friendly staff and great location. Cheap and cheerful - worth the price