Hostel Habibi Reviews

416 University Ave, San Diego, USA

The staff was very friendly and welcoming. They wanted to make sure they could do what they could to make you comfortable during my stay. (I even got a cookie at check-in). I slept comfortably and enjoyed my time there.

• 30th Mar 2015

I have stayed at 3 different hostels in SD before. This one was by far the cutest. It was chic, and campy and fun, although a little cramped. However, I love the location and the other guests were the friendliest people I have ever met at a hostel. I strongly endorse this place, and would stay there again.

This was a last minute New Year Eve booking, so options limited, bottom of the barrel sort of speak! Been over 50 countries, countless hostels: staff was rude/indifferent, 16 people crammed into tight closet with 2 toilets (one was covered with a thin canvas and no lock 5ft from kitchen, imagine the sounds, smells!), nonresident friends of excon employee (bragged he's been in prison twice!) come/go. Location in safe, lively Cresthill being its only saving grace. Try hostels in Gaslamps!