Hostel Havana Reviews

Pod Svatym Duchem 135, City Centre, Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic

There were mice everywhere. I really can't rate the staff as they were never there. Expensive for what it is. In a cute area but a good 15 min walk to the centre. Inaccurate info about bus times to train station do ended up having to get a taxi and almost missing the train.

A little far from town, but if you are on a budget like me, it was worth the walk. If you take a bus, make sure to get off at the second stop, much closer than making the trek through town. The staff was wonderful.One thing that sort of bothered me was there was no real place to store your luggage after check out. It was just sitting in the office,but the staff was so lovely that I felt a little more comfortable.Facilities were average but you get what you pay for.Recommend for budget travelers!

A friendly, helpful receptionist at the hostel took us down to the riverside pension. Clean, comfortable rooms (no kettle, unfortunately). Bar/restaurant and convenience store within 10 metres, supermarket about 150 metres. Pleasant stroll along the river and through a park into Krumlov centre.

• 7th Sep 2013
  • Couple, 41+

From such a low cost, I was pleasantly surprised with how nice this hostel was: comfortable environment, helpful staff as well as good location. It is not too far from the main attractions. I would definitely stay there again if I go back to Český Krumlov one day!

A basic hostel however the wifi is shocking. It works in the rooms but constantly cuts out and even when you're out the front or in the lobby area the signal is weak. But you get what you pay for and all I was looking for was a simple place to sleep at night. This did it's job.

Value for money is excellent, it's so cheap! You'll have to walk into town though, roughly 10-15 minutes to the centre. Staff were nice and the bathrooms were clean. There wasn't much atmosphere, but there is a nice garden to sit in. Not sure what security was in place to stop random people wandering in, but we had no issues anyway. Wifi worked in our room, which was good, and the kitchen was ok. Overall it was decent enough for our stay in Cesky Krumlov.

The staff are brilliant, especially the women who runs it (I forget her name but that's only because I am useless at remembering them). She is very helpful, great fun and you will help you with everything, from rafting the river to the best bars and restaurants. Thoroughly recommend Hostel Havana, I know two of my friends are going back there, one already booked to stay here for the following weekend. Its a great location, quiet but close enough to the centre.

• 9th Aug 2013

A very good hostel. But it is not in the center. It is little bit hard to find at first. But it is still very nice. Crossing the bridge is a big supermarket.

Loved our stay here. The location is stunning and the rooms are cosy and have a view over the river. Yes, there is a very short walk into town but our was no problem for us and would not have liked to be in the busier more touristy town centre. I want to go back!

Was a nice clean hostel, with friendly staff. It was about a 10min walk into the center, which was fine, as it was a very pretty walk. If you want to go Canoeing I recomend to use the place next to the hostel as we found them to be one of the cheapest .

The hostel is at about 10 minutes by walk of the city center. We enjoyed that fact because it's more in the nature (less tourists) and we could relax on the grass near the river just at the hostel. It looks just as a grand-parents house with old furnitures! We had the double room wich smell bad at first but once they put a desk away, it was better. The common showers are mixed (guys and girls at the same time), the kitchen is small but has everything we needed!

It was a lovely stay and I lied that it was a little way away from the center of town. Very peaceful, quiet, and comfortable.

I wish it would have been cleaner.

2 of us stayed here and had a great time. All the facilities are clean, comfy beds, a great kitchen

View all Cesky Krumlov Hostels