Hostel Hayat Reviews

Ocaktanum 5, Abdesthana 27, Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Hayt Hotel / Hostel is in an excellent location, within walking distance to the bazaar. Staff at the front desk are very friendly and knowlegable. The single rooms also have a bathroom and toilet.I would recommend, if it's possible to get an upstairs room in the Hostel section, they should be a touch quieter. But, despite all the mosques in the vicinity and the announcements emanatiing from them, noise is not a problem. In the case of the mosques, they ad to the athmosphere of Sarajewo. Value !

Horrible and creepy room. Colder than the street. No wi-fi in the rooms. Not clean. Not satisfied at all.

• 15th Sep 2013
  • Spain

Good location, nice staff, nice place. A little bit pricey, but pretty good value for the money

Very good location, it takes max. 5 mins. by walk to get to Bascarsjia (Old Town city centre) and at the same time it is a quiet place to sleep. The staff was friendly and helpful and they can speak English. The breakfast was an average continental style. It is a good place to stay at for the price.

• 17th Jul 2012
  • iCratic
  • Hungary

The rooms are clean an friendly. The location is good, near the city center.

• 7th Jun 2012

We had some problems with hostel. First the price at what we reserved our rooms weren't the price that was. The real price was two times the reserved. The second problem was the parking of hostel/hotel. Well, my car wasn't covered by the camera, so I left Sarajevo without hubcaps. For the hostel itself, the rooms were tidy and clean, staff was helpfull and global review is positive. The biggest advantage is position, some 5min from Baščaršija.

My 'single room' was a sort of studio with 2 beds. It was full of useless junk. There was no heating in the room and in the cold October mornings I had to resort to switching the hair-drier on to keep warm. Also the TV didn't work and although reception promised to have a look at it, they never did. Breakfast was included, but underwhelming. I'm afraid this was another example of single travellers being treated as an afterthought- stick a bed in a cupboard and hey presto- a single room.

• 1st Oct 2011
  • Scotland

The location was excellent, the room and bathroom were quite small, you couldn't stand up straight in the shower due to the sloping roof. However, it was fairly clean and new towels were provided everyday. It was great to stay for a few nights...the staff was also very attentive! I would stay here again for sure

Great location and very easy access. Clean. Good size. Good staff. Wifi available. After checking out, they kept our bags for another 10 hours, without a problem.

before you book, be warned the hostel at the top is in the atic. This means the ceiling is very low in the shower. I am short and didnt mind. The price is fine, the breakfast is good enough and all the staff were very helpful when i had questions, so I would recommend it. The location is excellent and it isnt far from the tram stop. Take number 1 from the main bus station or train station and get off in the centre.

i really recommend this accomodation, it's 5 minutes walk from center of sarajevo. rooms are perfect. it is actually hotel than youth hostel, so price is super

This is a super clean comfortable spot with lovely helpful staff.The bathroom I had was Lilliputian in scale but this explains the Hotel standard room at hostel rates.

This hostel is just the attic in the Hotel Hayat, the staff at reception were extremely unhelpful and unfriendly upon our arrival. They then had a go at us when we corrected a mistake on the bill (which was in their favour), and arranged for a taxi which was unregistered and grossly overcharged us. They obviously had no concern for the enjoyment of their guests. The room was tiny and hot, but in cooler weather it would have been great. The view out the skylights was amazing. Very comfy bed.

Very good location and kind staff. But the rooms are a bit small and not so clean. Might be a good choice considering the price. But do not expect too much!

If you are a tall person better look for another Hostel due to the roof inclination. I had to bend to enter the bathroom and there were many spots in the bathroom where I could not stand straight. The breakfast is NOT included in the price (it costs 3 Euros a day and it is not worth it - better go to a cafe and have breakfast there).

The staff at this hostel/hotel unfortunately let down the package as a whole. Our room was very clean and the hostel location is pretty good - an easy 1min walk to the Town Centre (what they call Pigeon Square). Breakfast was OK with fresh bread and muesli, although all the fruit had disappeared by the time we got there. During the day we were out, it rained and the attic windows meant that our bed was saturated by the time we returned. We asked if it was possible to change rooms and were told that it wa

GREAT! right in the heart of the Centar of glorious Sarajevo!

UST WHAT ONE NEEDS,,, HOTEL FEELING IN A HOSTEL J

The hostel was in a hotel. The location is great, right in the center. The shower is quite odd with no curtain and you have to lean a bit so that you can shower without getting water everywhere. There is a large echo and from the 3rd floor you can hear everything quite loudly going on at the reception desk...especially when they play music. But all in all it is a good value for the location. No lift in the hostel.

I booked a single room and was put in the hotel. It's not bad but it's not the four stars that it rates itself. It's a pretty noisy place and even though I was on the third floor, I could clearly hear even what was going on in reception as the place echoes so much. My shower/toilet were ridiculous. I had to lean over to use both and in fact, had to sit in the shower as it was impossible to stand! Not terrible for the price though and in a brilliant position to explore the Turkish quarter.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4