Hostel Heart of Sarajevo Reviews

S.H. Muvekita 2, Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

This place was fantastic!!! Very clean, neat and comfortable. I met very nice people. Walking distance from old town, museums, and what I liked the most close to the local restaurants with great authentic food. Staff is very helpful. I would highly recommend this hostel to everyone visiting Sarajevo. Simply GREAT hostel in a great city. Loved it and cant wait to go back.

• 19th Jun 2013

Hostel is really nice and cosy) The owner and his daughter were always friendly and happy to help) Recommended!

• 17th Jun 2013
  • Russia

That waqs a very average hostel experience for me. The place is quite standard lower price place, good value for money, nothing unexpected negative or positive, except the fact that Google maps pointed me to a totally different direction when used to given address for search. It took me more than a night's cost to take a taxi to the right address.

There is no outdoor place to smoke, so everyone smokes in the kitchen. Otherwise the hostel is fine.

Perfectly located in the heart of the city, really nice staff, good facilities. Room was silent even though the hostel is located close to all the nightlife, which is a major plus. Maybe it would help adding another sentence to the directions, to make them more clear and complete. It's not complicated once you've been there once, but the first time it can be a bit daunting to find the right address. Otherwise, perfect! Would definitely stay there again.

Srce means Heart, and yes, they are just in the "Heart of Sarajevo", perfectly located. The rooms are very big, with one table and some chairs, there are also some common areas and the bathrooms are very cleaned.

The staff made me feel so at home and comfortable during my stay. Great location as well!!

• 14th May 2013

Awesome, friendly staff and great rakija parties! The beds were pretty comfortable and the shower was decent, as well. The hostel is in the middle of the old city, five minutes from Baščaršija and about 10 from BBI Centar. Only issue is no hot water from midnight to 5am, but that's easy to deal with :)

Awesome hostel. The employees were helpful and very friendly, the location was great, and I felt secure about my belongings. The welcoming rakija shots made me feel right at home!

• 11th May 2013

Although in the heart of Sarajevo, where was street party, the night in hostel was quiet and calm. We had separate room with 4 beds only for our group which was a big advantage.

• 27th Apr 2013
  • Poland

This place was great. Extremely helpful staff who ended up making dinner for the guests on a few nights. Amazing location and has everything you'd need.

Great place in Sarajevo!!! Hvala lepo!

I stayed one night in Sarajevo for the nightlife, and I decided on this place. The people on staff here were incredibly helpful and friendly. There is a common room upstairs and it is perfect for chilling out. Srce Sarajeva is literally 5 steps from a decent bar, and a 30 second walk from the rest. I will definitely stay here again on my next trip to Sarajevo.

Its not the best hostel that Ive been, but for sure I liked. People there are really great and the most important to me, makes you feel home. They treated me as a family thats what is important to me, I could relax and always had good talk with the owner, who told me his view from everything that happened on those countrys

• 1st Feb 2013

Stayed here for one night and found the location to be excellent for exploring the city. It was easy to find and walking distance to the tram station.For a very reasonable price, Hostel Srce Sarajeva provides way more than the average hostel. For cleanliness, location, and helpful staff, this hostel is pretty much unbeatable and cannot be recommended highly enough!

• 1st Feb 2013

Wonderful hostel, really enjoyed my stay! The staff was very friendly and helpful, which made me feel very welcome and at home. I hope to return soon.

Amazingly helpful and friendly staff who went out of the way to ensure everyone had a great stay in Sarajevo. Great atmosphere - I ended up staying for a few days longer. Located 2 mins walk from the old town, and in a super central location. Common room is perfect for meeting other travellers. It is also great value for money. Highly recommend!

• 18th Dec 2012

We had a wonderful time staying here!!! The staff (who were all very friendly and helpful) shared yummy little Bosnian snacks with us, which made us feel very welcome. Everything was pretty clean and facilities were perfect.

This place has a great location right in the middle of the interesting bit of town, and its a really good value for the money. The kitchen and the common room are great, and there is a patio in the courtyard which is nice to hang out in. It was kind of dead when we stayed there, but Im sure in busy season this hostel would be a lot of fun!

Very good place, i can recommend this hostel to everybody to stay. Clean, safe and enjoyable really

• 27th Nov 2012