Hostel Helvetia Reviews

Sewerynow 7, Warsaw, Poland

Great place, would definitely recommend staying here, they even made sure a parcel I needed couriering home was correctly sent, AND they looked after my luggage for a couple of days when I had to visit another city...... Only downside is having to pay for internet access on the hostel computers.....bring your own tablets, they have free wifi!!!!

Cheers! We are glad that we could help you in your trip! Hope to see you again :)

One of the hostel's workers, a young woman with glasses called Hanna, ignores the most essential aspect of the turistic work: hospitality. While she was speaking by phone, I standed in front of her for a question about breakfast. She ignored me for three minutes and when I ask her to attend me and not ignore me anymore, SHE MADE ME SHUT UP. I've traveled around the world and never a hostel worker had made me shut up. Never. Think twice before choose Helvetia Hostel, backpackers!

I'm sorry for this misunderstanding. Hanna received a phone from a customer who was making a reservation. When you stood in front of the desk she gave you a sign just to wait a moment, but you immediately felt offended. Even if she wasn't guilty, she followed you to explain why she couldn't talk to you, but you didn't want to listen to her. Well, sounds like soap opera or it's just the question of differency in cultural codes of non-verbal communication.

Pretty central location, can walk a lot of places from here. We had a three bed private room which was very spacious. Breakfast was basic but included in the price (so a plus). Bit annoying that showers are not in cubicles. Otherwise a good (but not outstanding) stay.

Thank you for your comment! We will do our best to upgrade the showers.

Very good hostal but the showers need to be cleaned

• 8th Jul 2014

Thanks, we will try to make it better !

Super friendly, helpful staff. Met lots of nice folks in the spacious kitchen, common room. This is a nice, welcoming hostel for all types of travelers.

Cheers! Hope to see you again :)

Love this hostel!

Thanks! See you next time!

1 2 Next » last »