Hostel Helvetia Reviews

Sewerynow 7, Warsaw, Poland

One of the hostel's workers, a young woman with glasses called Hanna, ignores the most essential aspect of the turistic work: hospitality. While she was speaking by phone, I standed in front of her for a question about breakfast. She ignored me for three minutes and when I ask her to attend me and not ignore me anymore, SHE MADE ME SHUT UP. I've traveled around the world and never a hostel worker had made me shut up. Never. Think twice before choose Helvetia Hostel, backpackers!

I'm sorry for this misunderstanding. Hanna received a phone from a customer who was making a reservation. When you stood in front of the desk she gave you a sign just to wait a moment, but you immediately felt offended. Even if she wasn't guilty, she followed you to explain why she couldn't talk to you, but you didn't want to listen to her. Well, sounds like soap opera or it's just the question of differency in cultural codes of non-verbal communication.

Pretty central location, can walk a lot of places from here. We had a three bed private room which was very spacious. Breakfast was basic but included in the price (so a plus). Bit annoying that showers are not in cubicles. Otherwise a good (but not outstanding) stay.

Thank you for your comment! We will do our best to upgrade the showers.

Very good hostal but the showers need to be cleaned

• 8th Jul 2014

Thanks, we will try to make it better !

Super friendly, helpful staff. Met lots of nice folks in the spacious kitchen, common room. This is a nice, welcoming hostel for all types of travelers.

Cheers! Hope to see you again :)

Love this hostel!

Thanks! See you next time!

if you find your hostel earlier, you can find a better one. This one, a little far away from some main streets, conditions are so so and the price is not very worthy.

Just next to University of Warsaw...convenient to visit old town and the surroundings. Everything is fine.

Thank you for the comment .

Very helpful, professional, nice staff, good size, comfortable room.

Great location, close to the old town. Super friendly & helpful staff, nice room and common room. The shared bathroom is clean. Love it!

Thank you for such a great review! Hope to see you again :)

I love helvetia and helvetia's staff They are very kind and always smile I satisfied hostel Good luck

Cheers ! All the best for you too !

Very close to bus stop that can take you anywhere in the city, whether to old town or to airport. Withing walking distance of places of interest as well. Quiet neighborhood at night, and the hostel is in a building on level 1 which keeps it cooler during the day and night. Staff helped me with every request from where to get a haircut to how to get to the uprising museum. Would definitely stay here again.

Thanks a lot ! Hope to see you some day again :)

Everything was very nice! the kitchen does not have an oven, so don't buy frozen pizza like I did. oops! Very close to the center and with very helpful, friendly staff :)

Thanks for comment ! Next time we'll tell you where to eat good cheap pizza :)

A well-run and friendly hostel in a very good location within walking distance of pretty much all there is to see in Warsaw (2minutes walk away from the main tourist-oriented thoroughfare, 15-20 minutes away from the Palace of Culture and Science and 10 minutes away from the Old Town). I would say I've stayed in better hostels in Western Europe where the facilities were more modern and the breakfast was more generous, but they were all large chain hostels in competitive cities like Berlin.

• 3rd Jun 2014

Thanks! We are trying our best :)

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at - quiet&civilized and yet warm&welcoming (witty little notes add to the general homely atmosphere) , safe and pleasant, with friendly and really helpful staff. It's in a quiet street but within walking distance from all major sights, plus well-connected with other parts of town in terms of public transport. The common room/dining room really is a great gathering spot for meeting new people. Absolute recommendation!

1 2 Next » last »