Hostel Helvetia Reviews

Sewerynow 7, Warsaw, Poland

around 30mins walk from CENTRAL RAILWAY STATION(of course you can take bus 175), but close to most of the main sights. Very cozy room and corridor, staff are also very nice, even though the breakfast starts at 7:30, they opened for me at 6 due to early leaving.

Cheers! Have a nice day :)

Staff at the Hostel Helvetia is extremely helpful. I arrived 5AM and they checked me in. The location is very central, 5-10 min walk from the main Old Town square, around the corner in a calm street. Showers are clean and tidy. Would recommend for other travelers.

Thanks! See you some day :-)

it's rather comfortable staying here

Thanks for the comment. Hope that you enjoyed Warsaw!

Clean and comfortable with a good breakfast, staff are nice but seem to leave reception quiet a bit and their direction could be better. If your looking for a quiet place to get some sleep I would recommend staying be warned the wifi didn't work in my room.

Thanks for the comment. We are working on wi-fi

Perfect location, friendly and competent staff i just can recommend it.

• 21st Apr 2014
  • Chile

Cheers! Thanks :)

Positive - The location was good, only a 15 minute walk from the old and new city center. Breakfast was toast, cereal and coffee but filling. Wifi worked great in the lobby. The place was clean. One of the hosts, Gregory, was fantastic! He was a great help, very funny and cute :) Negative - The wifi does not work in all the rooms. There is not much security inside the building and par consequence my shoes were stolen. Thankfully, because of Gregory, I didn't leave hating the place.

Hello, thanks for the comment. We are sorry about the shoes. We have two safes in the hostel for guests's belongings, there is also a locker with a key to each bed in dormitory if you want to. The wi-fi is under repair already :)

Price is reasonable. Security is good because they change the password every day. The kitchen is not very clean because there are really too many guests using the kitchen in the same time. Rooms are clean and tidy. Near to the main market square, within walking distance. The hostel is not in a main street, so the street is quiet at night.

Thanks for the comment!

It's a good hostel. Large lockers, good beds. Any problems.

Easy to get to, relatively close to Old Town. I got some great suggestions for restaurants and info about getting to and from Wilanow Palace. The showers are great, there's a lot of them, the water is hot, pressure is good, drains well. The combo kitchen and common room was a little awkward, and it always felt too chaotic to really meet anyone.

Thanks for the comment. We hope that our suggestions suited you best and that you had good time in Warsaw. It's hard to predict how many people meet at the common room at the same time and it depdends on the guests, whether they want to make new acquaintances or not. Cheers! :)

the day we arrived it changed from a free breakfast to one you had to pay for.

Hello! Thanks for the comment. It was not like that. Basic free breakfast which was included in price is still included in price and it almost didn't change. We added a new service - now you can buy a bigger, upgraded version with orange juice and vegetables, so there was a misunderstanding. But anyway, hope to see you in Warsaw some day again! :)

Staff are nice and helpful, location is good and everything in walking distance. The room is nice and everywhere is clean. Would like to stay again, recommended!

very helpful staff, nothing was to difficult

• 31st Mar 2014

Always at your service ;-) Thanks! Hope to see you somewhere else :)

Door lock to the shower room. The breakfast is a plus point and makes the guest feel more welcomed.

• 18th Mar 2014
  • Sri Lanka

Thanks! That's nice. Hope to see you in Warsaw another time :)

Best hostel you could stay in. The staff are exceptionally social and have a genuine interest in trying to help you! They made my time in Warsaw very memorable! The location couldn't be better, it's right next to all the main bars and resturants, along with the old town. The value for money is excellent too, it would be easy to live here because you are made that welcome!

• 11th Mar 2014

Thank you! :) We are obliged

Good hostel perfect location and friendly staff

• 4th Mar 2014
  • Scotland

Thanks! Have many unforgettable journeys and see you in Warsaw another time :)

Here is the worst hostel ever!! I couldn't sleep at all because staff invited his friend, had a party, drunken a lot turned up the music loudly till 1am!! 1am!! What was worse I complained twice after that they stopped party at 1am I read rule in hostel that "Please keep quite from 11pm till the morning" But staff didn't keep the rule, is it possible? I don't think so.. Owner has to know this and control staff!

We are sorry that you felt that way. As a manager I was present at the party and it was under control. It's a pitty that you didn't want a private room for you in the other corridor, then maybe would have warmer feelings for us and for Warsaw, and I made you an offer twice and for free, so you could feel comfortable. As you wished we turned off the music and talked behind closed door. The common room is open till 1:00 AM for our guests to sit and talk.That's a pity you refused to be upgrated.

I can honestly say this is one of the best hostels I've stayed in! Having previously lived in Warsaw before I can vouch for the perfect location. Helpful staff and great facilities, couldn't ask for more!

The staff was always very friendly and helpfull. The hostel is !very! clean (beds, showers, toilets, kitchen...). In this hostel you have everything that you need. BUT it's better that you stay in Helvetia in summermonths. We stayed here in februari en we were the only guest in the hostel... So there wa a negative atmosphere or actually, no atmosphere at all. But still, it was an excellent choise to stay there.

Thanks for a nice comment! It's a pitty that you didn't let us know, we would find you some entertainment! Many sunny days to you :)

1 2 Next » last »