Hostel Hikers Den Reviews

Zabljak Centar b.b., Zabljak, Montenegro

Thanks Aalex.

Man I loved this place. Gina and Alex are legends. I got great advise where to go and what to do, had lovely chats with loads of people due to the awesome, open minded atmosphere and a free BBQ they surprisingly put on for everybody. Even catered for a Vegan like me! This is the way a hostel should be. Thanks guys and don't change a thing!

Atmosphere was great, very welocming and hospitable. Gina and Alex offer a lot of information on hikes, train times and many more topics. The rooms could have been a bit cleaner, we felt. The only thing we disliked was that we were recommended a restaurant that offered easily the worst reastaurant experience of our stay in the Balkans. Perhaps a little policy-change may be required there.

Awesome...Stayed here for 5 nights. Alex and Gina were really helpful providing info on the hikes, transportation, organised tours, etc, free bike rentals and they even organise a BBQ on my last night. And if you stay around the common room/reception/kitchen you can even eavesdrop on Alex. Some of the things he says is hilarious.

Hostel perfect for hiking in the Durmitor National Park and enjoying the beautiful area around Zabljak, the owners Australian-Montenegrin couple Gina and Alex are really wonderful hosts.

Located in the center of the town. Very friendly and helpful staff/owner. Great atmosphere (on arrival there was a free diner for all guests, chatty owner). Rooms and facilities clean. Hot shower. Good value for money.

Thanks for the brillant time we had at your place. I totally can recommend this hostel and Gina & Alex are awesome hosts. I hope I´ll come back someday. All the best from the two German guys who couldn´t sell their car in Montenegro ;)

These guys are awesome. However much time you think you want to spend here, add at least a day or two (I did). There's so much to do, and the couple that runs the place are so helpful and give a lot of great suggestions. My only gripe was the limited WC situation. Only 2 showers, and there aren't any separate toilets. In a hostel geared toward hikers, the line for the WC can get a bit long in the evening. Other than that minor gripe, this place is fantastic.

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed at! Alex and Gina are super nice and get to know everyone that stays there. Before we did anything, they sat down and drew a map with all of the best hiking and biking trails. Alex even drove a group of us down to the Tara River bridge and the river. They took my boyfriend to the doctor when he got sick, too. Lots of solo travelers, so it was easy to meet other people. Alex has barbecues a couple of times a week and plenty of crazy stories. Stay here!

Thank you for a few amazing days.

The best hosts I ever come across. Thank you Alex and Gina for the amazing stay.

I will definitely recommend this hostel. The location is perfect and the staff is very friendly and always willing to help. They know a lot about the surrounding, the mountains where you can hike, the place to cycle, raft, canyoning etc.

• 3rd Aug 2014

Jina and Alex (the managers) were really great, very friendly and helped us out with EVERYTHING we needed. The hostel was very clean and tidy, and it also felt really cosy all the time- especially with the hostel dogs Jiggy. Freya and Mishka, who hung around in the porch and were (for me) the stars of the hostel. :)Loved it and recommend it for whoever wants a good international atmosphere, meeting new people, hang around on the porch with awesome dogs, good cooking facilities and cleaningness.

• 31st Jul 2014
  • Israel

Fun and friendly hosts and atmosphere add an extra night to your booking you'll need it

Perfect location - so close to bus station, supermarket

Hikers den is very well located in the town of zabljak, with everything you need nearby. The staff are extremely helpful and knowledge of the trails and highlight the main and popular hiking paths for you on a map. Everyone at the hostel was nice, and it had a great atmosphere; everyone active in the day and hanging out after a long days hike. There is a kitchen and my room had its own kitchenette and the rooms are nice and beds comfy. A great hostel in a beautiful town.

One of the best hostels in my 4 months Europe trip, Alex and Gina know exactly what you need, and they are so so so nice. Highly recommend!

the hostel was very nice as well as staff, so friendly and helpfull, disadvantage was few bathrooms and absence of basins in the rooms so even for cleaning the teeth we had to wait in the mornings and evenings...that was the only thing, otherwise also looks and rooms very very nice and I recommend to stay there...

One of the best hostels. Great staff and nice atmosphere.

What an amazing hostel. Probably the best hostel I've ever stay. The owners Alex and Gina are so helpful and friendly. They really know and love the area which makes a big difference. The lent us bike one day free of charge and had a free BBQ on the Saturday night with rakija. The atmosphere is amazing and that is down to the owners getting involved with the guest. I would recommend this hostel to anyone and the area is beautiful

« first « Prev 1 2 3