Hostel Hikers Den Reviews

Zabljak Centar b.b., Zabljak, Montenegro

the hostel was very nice as well as staff, so friendly and helpfull, disadvantage was few bathrooms and absence of basins in the rooms so even for cleaning the teeth we had to wait in the mornings and evenings...that was the only thing, otherwise also looks and rooms very very nice and I recommend to stay there...

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Slovakia

One of the best hostels. Great staff and nice atmosphere.

Staying at the Hikers Den in Zabljak was the best decision I made during my trip to Montenegro. Alex and Gina who runs the place are incredible helpful, polite and you generally feel at home. They both shared many good stories, threw a barbecue and shared rakhije with us. If you ever go to Zabljak with Durmitor as your goal - Hikers Den almost feels like the real destination. I highly recommend everyone to try it out!

A very sweet hostel right by the mountains, Alex and Gina were incredibly helpful and friendly hosts both with things to do in the area and around the Balkans. They hosted a free BBQ one night and brought a TV into the living room the other night to watch the world cup final. I stayed in both properties (which are right next door to each other) both were very clean and cozy.

Probably the best hostel I've stayed at. This is a hostel which has everything you need and nothing you don't. A word must be said about the owners: it was largely thanks to them that Zabljak was the unexpected highlight of our trip. From advising us on what we could do during our stay to personally driving my friend to the hospital and acting as translator for us, they were simply outstanding. They will go above and beyond to ensure you enjoy your stay. Cannot recommend highly enough.

Great hostel - perfectly located to for anything and everything around Durmitor National Park. Alex and Gina are unbelievably helpful and accomodating - ranging from helping us rearrange nights at other hostels in Montenegro to treating the whole hostel to a BBQ. I couldn't recommend this place more.

Great hostel, I should have listened to them when they said I need to stay longer

This is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Gina and Alex are incredibly welcoming, and will definitely help you make the most out of your trip to Zabljak - organising rafting trips, providing hiking advice, hiring out bicycles... We stayed for 3 nights, and enjoyed every minute. I'd recommend this hostel to anyone visiting Durmitor National Park (and it goes without saying that I'd recommend visiting Durmitor - a stunning part of the world!) Thank you, Gina and Alex!

• 29th Jun 2014

Great place! Alex and Gina were really helpfull! And the grill evening - wow - you guys really rock! Thanks for a great days in Zabljak!

Probably the best hostel i've stayed in! big statement to make but it really does tick all the boxes , alex & gina are great hosts and provide everything you need from maps of the area, local knowledge and great company, would & i'm sure will be definitely going back

A hostel like it should be. Alex and Gina were fantastic, they really helped guide our stay and went out of their way to help us. We left some luggage there by accident and Alex made sure it got taken by another traveller to our next destination. Thanks guys.

Probably my best experience ever in a hostel, and I have been to many. It was purely because of the amazing owners and the other travellers that this hostel attracted. A family feel. Will definitely come back in the future.

Cosy and great hostel in Zabljak, close to Durmitor Park and also to the bus station. Rooms are good and spacious. The hostel has also a great atmosphere, mostly due to the friendliness of the owners (Alex and Gina) who organize free barbecue and are always ready to help you or just get a drink with you. Definitely the best place to stay if you pass by Zabljak!

Fantastic place. Facilities are very good and the staff are very friendly and helpful (including providing advice on activities in the area eg hiking routes). The hostel also has a great social atmosphere. Would definitely stay here again.

Alex and his girlfriend were great helping me figure a route to hike. He told me I would have the trails to myself and that was a fact. They were ever so accommodating to an old geezer such as myself. The area may be a little depressed economically, but it's beautiful and worth going out of the way for.

Very friendly hosts. The owners are willing to talk about local politics and have great discussion. The rooms are neat and very comfortable . Had a very good time in Žabjak.

Very nice hostel ! Alex was great and so helpfull ! Good place to stay !

Hospitality and Professionalism, this is what you find here. Located in the beautiful Durmitor mountains the hostel offers everything a hiker could ask for. Alex and Gina will make you feel really welcome, give you tips on how to best spend your time in and around žabljak, equip you in case you need anything. Thank you guys for a great week of adventure, leisure, laughs

The two hosts, Alex and Gina, are remarkably fun and helpful people. Zabljak is a great destination for anyone who likes outdoor activities (hiking, mountain climbing, river rafting, biking), and Akex and Gina provide info on the best of all of these activities. Because Alex and Gina are so outgoing, their guests all get to know one another. This is the best sort of hostel experience, where you feel like you are staying with a group of friends.

• 5th May 2014

Alex and Gina are FANTASTIC! They are so warm and welcoming. This hostel is also really cute and cozy. TThey helped us plan our hike in Durmitor National Park, gave us raincoats, and even offered hiking boots. They also offered to drive us to the famous bridge near Zabljak. We didn't have time to go but the point is they are very generous and friendly. If this doesn't make you want to stay here already, they also have 2 labradors, who we got to cuddle with post-hike :)