Hostel Hikers Den Reviews

Zabljak Centar b.b., Zabljak, Montenegro

Perfect hostel for exploring the Durmitor National Park. Owner gave loads of helpful information to set us up for some good walks. You get some cool dogs follow you all day as well, apparently if they come back to the hostel without the walkers then the owner chap knows to go looking for you!

Amazing hostel! Great hosts! Beautiful location! Lovely to meet you guys! Have fun in Australia!!

Could not recommend this place enough. Alex and Gina work so hard and have made it the best hostel that I have ever stayed. The hiking was great and the canyoning was out of this world. I would happily return again

Staying with Gina and Alex in Zabljak was a great experience. You could really feel that they have put a lot of love into creating their hostel and still value the travelers who come their way. They prepared us with hiking maps for the area, drove us to the starting point of the most spectacular hike and were amazing hosts all the way long. The common space can get a bit crowded when everyone is cooking and eating at the same time, but this also contributes to the coziness of the place.

• 10th Sep 2015

Booked 2 nights... stayed 7. I think that says it all. This is my favourite hostel I've stayed at ever, and I've stayed in some pretty great ones. Alex and Gina have thought of everything. This place feels like home as soon as you step in. And there's something to do for everyone!

Hey you two! You run the best hostel I've been too!

A 100% review seems excessive but we both agree that it's fair as this is one of the best accommodations we have stayed in. We really enjoyed our stay at Hikers Den. Special thanks to the hosts Alex and Gina, who were consistently helpful and informative, including booking us our next hostel (also a good recommendation!). The Durmitor National Park is a great location and the hostel atmosphere made it a happy and memorable stay.

beautiful hostel in a beautiful place. Alex and Gina were so so friendly/helpful and looked after me when I got ill. Definitely one of my favourite hostels

Lovely, helpful, fun hosts (Alex and Gina), really enjoyed my stay at their hostel. Highly recommended, will definitely go back one day.

One of the best hostels I have stayed in. Not just in Montenegro but anywhere! Alex and Gina are so friendly and make you feel at home immediately. Alex cooked up a bbq on the first night for all of us which was fantastic. They were also extremely knowledgable and advised me as to where I should travel next. There is a chilled atmosphere which I loved. All in all, just a great place to stay in Durmitor. Thank you sooooo much Alex and Gina!

I literally cannot recommend this hostel enough. Alex and Gina are doing an amazing job here and the hostel is amazing. The advice is second to none and they really know how to treat you well, I would send everyone I know to stay here. thanks guys.

Alex is a legend. Great advice on treks, made a yummy BBQ one night and shared some hostel stories to keep everyone entertained. After a massive day of walking around, Hikers Den is the perfect place to relax and put your feet up. The service was the best I've had in Montenegro. Thanks guys!

One of my favourite hostels of my whole trip, I stayed for six nights which meant I did a lot of the main hikes which are stunning. Alex and Gina go out of their way to welcome guests and recommend the best things to do during the day and for the rest of my trip, and also lent me walking boots for the week. It's a hostel where it's impossible not to meet people, always found people to hike and eat with. If you're considering visiting Durmitor definitely stay here instead of doing a day trip.

Alex and Gina were amazing hosts. Had the best little adventure, hiking, cycling and rafting. Never a dull moment or conversation. Can't speak highly enough of the place. Will be returning

I loved this hostel and the owners! They are lovely people and will go out of their way to help you! Hostel is cosy, clean and comfortable and Durmitor is beautiful. Very easy to meet people. They let me borrow a rain jacket which saved my life, and Alex even drove me to the bus station because it was raining! Cannot recommend this place enough - definitely worth the trip to Zabljak.