Hostel Hikers Den Reviews

Zabljak Centar b.b., Zabljak, Montenegro

Great hosts, very knowledgeable, welcoming. Provide local maps alongside their own experience to help you maximise your time in the area. Good communial kitchen area. Bathroom facilities, large, clean and well stocked, however only 1 bathroom per floor. Close to town centre, walking distance from shops.

Gina and Alex are easily some of the best people I've ever met, and this was genuinely the best hostel I've stayed at to date. The city is amazing and this place will both give you perfect access to everything you want to see in the region, and make you happy to come back at night. Could not recommend this hostel more.

Harmonious place:) Want to say thank you to owners of this wonderfull hostel, Alex and Gina. Thank you for help and information about hicking directions, for your hospitality and friendly atmosphere!

Enjoyed my stay here, they give good directions and advice about hiking trails and other activities, always available to answer questions, very friendly and helpful owners. The only thing it lacked was somewhere for people to leave their wet clothes to dry after hiking in the rain. This would be a nice addition, hanging them off the side of the bunk led to a disgusting smell in the dorm. Shower nice and really clean, large outdoor seating area and a nice enough common room indoors

They've thought of details that many hostels are missing. (Bath tubs!) I've never been at a cleaner hostel or met nicer owners. They sit you down for a welcome talk upon arrival, give you a map and tell you everything you need to know. Alex was even kind enough to drive us to the Taro Bridge and down into the canyon for free. Nice kitchen for cooking and there is a super market and good, affordable restaurants near by. The bus station is a short, simple walk. Perfect hostel!

Thanks Aalex.

Man I loved this place. Gina and Alex are legends. I got great advise where to go and what to do, had lovely chats with loads of people due to the awesome, open minded atmosphere and a free BBQ they surprisingly put on for everybody. Even catered for a Vegan like me! This is the way a hostel should be. Thanks guys and don't change a thing!

Atmosphere was great, very welocming and hospitable. Gina and Alex offer a lot of information on hikes, train times and many more topics. The rooms could have been a bit cleaner, we felt. The only thing we disliked was that we were recommended a restaurant that offered easily the worst reastaurant experience of our stay in the Balkans. Perhaps a little policy-change may be required there.

Awesome...Stayed here for 5 nights. Alex and Gina were really helpful providing info on the hikes, transportation, organised tours, etc, free bike rentals and they even organise a BBQ on my last night. And if you stay around the common room/reception/kitchen you can even eavesdrop on Alex. Some of the things he says is hilarious.

Hostel perfect for hiking in the Durmitor National Park and enjoying the beautiful area around Zabljak, the owners Australian-Montenegrin couple Gina and Alex are really wonderful hosts.

Located in the center of the town. Very friendly and helpful staff/owner. Great atmosphere (on arrival there was a free diner for all guests, chatty owner). Rooms and facilities clean. Hot shower. Good value for money.

Thanks for the brillant time we had at your place. I totally can recommend this hostel and Gina & Alex are awesome hosts. I hope I´ll come back someday. All the best from the two German guys who couldn´t sell their car in Montenegro ;)

These guys are awesome. However much time you think you want to spend here, add at least a day or two (I did). There's so much to do, and the couple that runs the place are so helpful and give a lot of great suggestions. My only gripe was the limited WC situation. Only 2 showers, and there aren't any separate toilets. In a hostel geared toward hikers, the line for the WC can get a bit long in the evening. Other than that minor gripe, this place is fantastic.

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed at! Alex and Gina are super nice and get to know everyone that stays there. Before we did anything, they sat down and drew a map with all of the best hiking and biking trails. Alex even drove a group of us down to the Tara River bridge and the river. They took my boyfriend to the doctor when he got sick, too. Lots of solo travelers, so it was easy to meet other people. Alex has barbecues a couple of times a week and plenty of crazy stories. Stay here!

Thank you for a few amazing days.

The best hosts I ever come across. Thank you Alex and Gina for the amazing stay.

I will definitely recommend this hostel. The location is perfect and the staff is very friendly and always willing to help. They know a lot about the surrounding, the mountains where you can hike, the place to cycle, raft, canyoning etc.

• 3rd Aug 2014

Jina and Alex (the managers) were really great, very friendly and helped us out with EVERYTHING we needed. The hostel was very clean and tidy, and it also felt really cosy all the time- especially with the hostel dogs Jiggy. Freya and Mishka, who hung around in the porch and were (for me) the stars of the hostel. :)Loved it and recommend it for whoever wants a good international atmosphere, meeting new people, hang around on the porch with awesome dogs, good cooking facilities and cleaningness.

• 31st Jul 2014
  • Israel

Fun and friendly hosts and atmosphere add an extra night to your booking you'll need it

Perfect location - so close to bus station, supermarket