Hostel Histria Reviews

Ulica Pri Velikih Vratih 17, Koper, Slovenia

Staff was very excellent-spoken many languages... and very friendly...

• 17th Oct 2015
  • Croatia

Excellent location. I loved the picturesque street and the blue exterior shutters and it's really close to a great pub called Lord Byron. Would definitely stay here again. Feels more like a hotel.

Nice hostel in the small town. Adequate facilities and perfect for a short stay.

You should have contact info for staff incase something goes wrong. I had an issue and I had no way to get help after the desk closed. Also the wifi is horrible, it shut down after 10 min for 5min.

Hi When the reception is closed we are reachable on the number that is on the reception doors. We answer on that phone 24/7 so you could easly just call us.

Perfect location, right in the city center. I would say it's quite average small hostel with only 4 rooms, but you have everything you need there. People at reception always friendly and helpful!

This is an average hostel at best and it's clear the owner is trying to run it with as little effort and upkeep as possible. There is only one hot plate for the entire hostel, so you might have to wait an hour--like I did--before making a meal. Reception closes at 10PM, which meant that two guys who showed up later had to knock on every door to find out where their beds were. The mattresses are also quite thin. This said, the location is good and, with few other options, one night is doable.

Nice simple hostel great for a one or two night stay, very easy to find in Koper and it was great for me to visit Piran from there for the day. Could maybe do with bigger lockers if people are travelling with rucksacks, my only criticism really would be that I found the restrictions on check in time to be a little limiting and I had to plan my day around when they said I could arrive. Once I was there though I had no problems and a pleasant stay

Really nice hostel, the staff were so good and managed to find me a room when I wanted to book and extra night and everything was full. Everything was really clean and the wifi and air conditioning were great. Would definitely recommend.

We have such a great time at Hostel Histria, with people from the whole world. Staff was good, rooms were clean and Koper is a nice city :)

Hi We are glad to hear that you had a nice time in Koper and in our hostel. It's the best award that we can get after putting effort in to that

We arrived around 11am. The wether was very hot around 35 degrees. We tried to call the ohner just to let us leave our backpack There was no answer for five houres. They opened the hostel only at 17:00. I felt they do not Like the guests. !!

Hi We are reachable on the phone 24/7, we have the checkouts until 11am and then we are cleaning the hostel at least until 3pm in the season... What you are describing in the review is not possible any how... we are sorry if you had a bed experience with our hostel but there written that the checkin is at 5pm... also if would be like you described we still don't know what we did wrong?

The staff not always there. Pretty difficult to check in but anyway this is a good place.

Hello To check in is really easy. You come to the reception and make the check in. The staff is always there when is the check in and check out time. We do also check ins when we are cleaning and preparing the hostel for new guests so we don't see any difficult things in that.