7.8
Very Good 209 Total Reviews
7.8
Very Good 209 Total Reviews
Hostel Histria Located at Ulica Pri Velikih Vratih 17, , Koper.
Slovenia
Koper 6000 Ulica Pri Velikih Vratih 17
78% 209
45.5456429 13.7290263
    Rooms available

• Belgium, Male, 25-30
14th Aug 2016

An excellent place where I was well welcomed. The staff was nice and helped me to get information about the cities of Koper, Piran and Trieste. The hostel itself is not even far from the bus stations, so it is easy to travel for cheap prices. The only thing I would like to see imprived is the wifi network. It would be great if we have that in the room upstairs (it doesn't work well).

• Germany, All Female Group, 25-30
8th Aug 2016

The best thing about this hostel is that it's in the old town near the center of the city. Everything was fine, it was a good place to stay, staff was nice. The only thing that's uncomfortable is that while showers can be locked there's no real place to put your things inside the shower so since bathrooms are mixed I had no real idea how to change in and out of clothes.

• Switzerland, Male, 18-24
6th Aug 2016

I had a great stay at this hostel, depending on the room you are either in the main building or another one which looked newly renovated. I was in both as I booked there another night and moved to another room. The staff was super friendly and helpful, they are doing a great job! Beds were ok, sadly no powersocket near every bed. Would definitly come again.

• ltobs107202
  • Ireland, Female, 31-40
20th Jul 2016
7.7

Great location in koper and I did really enjoy my stay although there is no common area which I would have liked and cooking facilities are a bare minimum.

11th Jul 2016
5.4

I was put in the new part of the hostel which was not completed yet. No common room and kitchen facilities. My mattress was really bad.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
8th Jul 2016
7.4

Was at the hostel during a rebuilding/repairing phase, which meant the facilities were not fully functional. However the repairs being made looked good, and when they are complete the facilities should be amazing. The staff were super friendly and made an effort to accommodate our needs, particularly as they didnt have a functioning kitchen (they gave us a hot plate and a pot). There was good security, key card to get in the building, plus a key to get in the room as well as large lockers.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
26th Jun 2016
7.1

Empty place but that meant I got a whole room to myself. Facilities are all in good condition and kept clean. No wifi in the rooms but theres plenty to do in Koper to keep you busy. Would stay again

• England, Male, 25-30
6th Jun 2016
4.6

Location - The hostel is not easy to find unless you use google map - but turning on roaming was something that I'd like to avoid. Atmosphere - Perhaps because there's not much to see in Koper, this hostel is quite empty. It is a bit like a ghost house with very basic facilities. There is a common room, but it's basically someone's (looks like the staff) bedroom. I only stayed here because it's the cheapest place that is within proximity to Piran.

• Slovenia, Female, 18-24
16th May 2016

A great place in the old centre of Koper. It has all the facilities that you might need, and what I liked the most is that each bed has its own power socket.

12th May 2016
7.4

The place was great and location is perfect. I'm not one to complain much when it comes to resting my head but the minimal receptions hours is incredibly inconvenient especially if you happen to arrive in town earlier than you expect and it's raining hell outside. The older gentleman was nice in getting me set up with a bed. He also collected keys at check out. Overall I was unimpressed more than impressed because I personally didn't feel welcomed.