Hostel Histria Reviews

Ulica Pri Velikih Vratih 17, Koper, Slovenia

You should have contact info for staff incase something goes wrong. I had an issue and I had no way to get help after the desk closed. Also the wifi is horrible, it shut down after 10 min for 5min.

Perfect location, right in the city center. I would say it's quite average small hostel with only 4 rooms, but you have everything you need there. People at reception always friendly and helpful!

This is an average hostel at best and it's clear the owner is trying to run it with as little effort and upkeep as possible. There is only one hot plate for the entire hostel, so you might have to wait an hour--like I did--before making a meal. Reception closes at 10PM, which meant that two guys who showed up later had to knock on every door to find out where their beds were. The mattresses are also quite thin. This said, the location is good and, with few other options, one night is doable.

Nice simple hostel great for a one or two night stay, very easy to find in Koper and it was great for me to visit Piran from there for the day. Could maybe do with bigger lockers if people are travelling with rucksacks, my only criticism really would be that I found the restrictions on check in time to be a little limiting and I had to plan my day around when they said I could arrive. Once I was there though I had no problems and a pleasant stay

Really nice hostel, the staff were so good and managed to find me a room when I wanted to book and extra night and everything was full. Everything was really clean and the wifi and air conditioning were great. Would definitely recommend.

We have such a great time at Hostel Histria, with people from the whole world. Staff was good, rooms were clean and Koper is a nice city :)

We arrived around 11am. The wether was very hot around 35 degrees. We tried to call the ohner just to let us leave our backpack There was no answer for five houres. They opened the hostel only at 17:00. I felt they do not Like the guests. !!

• 4th Jul 2015
  • Israel

The staff not always there. Pretty difficult to check in but anyway this is a good place.

one night and as a solo traveller couldnt stay longer as no atmosphere at all staff lovely and cute town

Strange, weird hostel. Almost deserted, and staff are only there infrequently and unpredictably, thus giving it an odd Hotel California ambience. Nevertheless, a perfectly fine hostel. I can recommend it...

The hostel is in right in the center (anyways Koper is tiny), facilities are ok and clean, comfy beds and lockers in the room. Unfortunately, reception is not open between noon and 5PM, which is def a negative. Atmosphere was non-existant, but I guess it's pretty normal as I was there in May. If you're looking to meet people when it's not peak season, stay in Piran, even if more expensive, because Koper is dead at night. If you're only looking for a quiet rest alone, this is the place for you.

Lovely hostel right in the old town of Koper. Good wifi, big common room and kitchenettes on each floor (including a coffee machine). The staff are really friendly and helpful, let me use the washing machine for free and gave lots of advice on getting to Piran etc. Koper is a cute town and only 45 minutes on the bus for a day trip to Piran. I could have easily stayed longer here and felt very at home. Large lockers for each guest. Steps to top rooms a good work out! :-)

I have stayed one night outside the season time, so it was ok, but I think during the real peak time, it might be a bit difficult. Staff was fine, really easy going. Rooms were clean but I would suggest to improve the kitchen and bathroom facilities. At one floor, there is no table, I would add at least one microwave, and there is one shower at each level. Generally, if you are not very demanding, it is a good place with good location.