Hostel Home Zadar Reviews

Mihovila Pavlinovica 9, Zadar, Croatia

Great hostel, lovely and clean. The staff were amazing and there was even aircon in every room. Amazing location, right on the promenade!

Besides the five flights of stairs, there was nothing to complain about. Staff were friendly and helpful. About 20 minutes walk from the bus station. Toilets were very clean and were regularly cleaned. Would definitely stay here again!

We had a very enjoyable stay at Hostel Home Zadar. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location is perfect with the building right on the waterfront and close to the attractions of Zadar. Very large lockers and the hostel was cleaned well.

• 19th Jun 2015

Hostel is excellent, the girls who work are very kind! hostel is in the centre of zadar city, when i say centar i mean centar of centar centar, when you leave hostel you are in the main street, everything is near. price for night is very low. the beds are very comfortable. Kitchen has everything for cooking even free food. bathroom is big and clean, girls are cleaning everyday. Higiene is perfect! There is a place for smoking so if you are smoker or non smoker you can live there. my mark is 100

• 16th Jun 2015
  • Serbia

The staff were extremely helpful and pleasant and the hostel was in a great location. The five flights of stairs were fine if you are not unfit. A great place to stay in Zadar.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Free gym session: carrying bags up the 5 flights 😉. Everything you need. Great stay. Thanks

Arrived very late at night and the reception was not open, turns out the girl had left to go and get something for one of the guest which was really nice. Simple place, practically on the beach and if your needing a place to just make you base for exploring Zadar, would highly recommend!

We hated that the hosts smoked inside, coming from Australia where smoking is banned indoors in public areas it was a bit of a shock to us. It stunk and seemed very dirty. The showers were very odd, and the signage of where the actual hostel was, was pretty poor.

Unusual it's 5 storeys up! Annoying the staff aren't there all day. Happy the staff printed my boarding card. Nice bedside light and alcove for my luggage and lockers for security. Great location beside the sea in the old town.

First of all, i think before you book this hostel, no matter for how long, you should know the behaviour of the staff, opening the door of your room without knocking or sth! I was alone in a bedroom, and one of the receptionists (a guy) was opening the door without knocking many times a day!! Thanks God I was dressed, thats completely nonsense and disrespectful!

A half hour walk from main bus station but right near the old town and the water. As others mentioned there is LOTS of stairs and we had to wait for a hostel guest to let us in, as the reception is not 24/7. Bathrooms and bedrooms were updated and colorful. Also big lockers and a full kitchen were provided. Negatives were bedroom doors didn't lock, toilet paper ran out, and it was quite noisy as people disregarded 'quiet hours'.

Very nice place and the staff was very helpful

• 16th May 2015

This hostel was in the perfect location, easy to get around. Clean and decent rooms. The staff weren't around very often so it was hard to ask questions, and there were a lot of stairs to get up to it.

Just one night, but comfortable. The only problem is the stairs to arrive in the hostel.

This is a great hostel to stay at when visiting Zadar. Clean, comfortable, inexpensive. I got very sick my first night here with some sort of food poisoning from a nearby restaurant and was so sick I could not leave the hostel. Without even asking, the girl who worked there went to the pharmacy y to get me medicine to help and bought me pretzels.she wouldn't even let me pay her back, it was so nice! I forget her name unfortunately, but I am still very thankful! My only complaint is the stairs.

• 13th Apr 2015

Due to traffic reason we didn't go to Zadar, but the staff is friendly to send us an email indicating us how to get to there.

Staff was more or less non-existent. We communicated 90% via email, though the responses were quick. Front door was locked when I got there, but thankfully another person staying there let me in. Water for showers were lukewarm, and definitely not hot enough. I think hot water ran out on the last day, or the water heater stopped working, but it was cold cold cold. Hostel itself is very big and roomy, and the kitchen is awesome. Probably better to stay here during high season.

Showed up at the hostel to a note basically telling me to check myself in and someone would be around the next day. Next day a guy shows up for maybe 1 hour the entire day, just long enough to take my money, doesn't bother showing the map or suggesting things to do. It was the low season but not really acceptable given the quality of hostels I stayed at elsewhere in Croatia.

Great lication, kind stuff, very clean. Unforgetable experience. Will come again. Highly recommended!

• 8th Mar 2015