Hostel Home Zadar Reviews

Mihovila Pavlinovica 9, Zadar, Croatia

We loved staying here! Initially I booked for 2 nights but had some a change of plans and booked here for the next 2 nights last minute without a problem. It has a great homey atmosphere, a common area/kitchen and I met great people from all over the world. I would definitely stay here again.

• 9th Jul 2014

Amazing location, 20 metres from beach front inside the city centre. Friendly people and safe.

The only bad thing about the hostel is that you have to climb 5 floors every time you go in and out. Other than that, everything is pretty perfect! The only hostel I stayed in Croatia that actually has air conditioning working in June, both in the rooms and the hall way. They have lovely rooms, kitchen, and really clean toilets and showers with men and women separated. 10 min to the bus station in the old town to airport, and right next to the sea.

The staff were rarely ever around, maybe an hour in the morning and 1 or 2 in the evening so if you had an questions or needed advice and you missed them then it wasn't helpful at all. The door was always left open and there's a sign outside saying where the key for the door is kept, so really anyone could gain access if they wanted to! A couple of people arrived and missed the staff then didn't know how to pay as they were leaving early and only staying 1 night and the staff hadn't been around.

The staff doesn't speak English very we'll and they stay in the reception only for the afternoon

I have been in quite few hostels, but this one has a spirit. It feels like a real home. Enjoyed a lot.

when you don't mind climbing up to the 5th floor without elevator, this hostel is perfect. very clean, nice staff and perfect location! would definitely go there again.

My recommendation definitely

• 29th May 2014
  • Serbia

The only problem, in my opinion, is that it was really hard to find someone from the hostel there. That obviously also made me feel less safe - the front door remained open, if we had a problem during the night nobody would be there, etc. The rest was good, including location and cleanliness.

It's on the 5 floor and it doesn't have an elevator.

It was a little unnerving at first, as no one had seen anyone at reception for most of the day. We left our things in the hostel, which was pretty much open, and had no idea how we were going to check in. I would recommend the hostel, but only if the reception is actually there. The hostel itself is great, and in a perfect location.

Very good hostel, very good staff, I recomend!

• 4th Apr 2014