Hostel Home Reviews

Tabasco 303 Col. Roma , C.P. 06700 M�xico, Mexico City, Mexico

Fab hostel, perfect location in Roma close to all the nice restaurants & cafes,a bit away from the touristy historic central district, preferred that as got to see the real Mexico City city & not the tacky tourist areas, lovely areas in the hostel to relax & the staff were lovely. Had a fab stay

5-10 minute walk from the nearest metro station, so quite well located for the price. Staff were really helpful especially as I was ill on the day we left (they kept the cleaner away from our room until the last minute) which I was so thankful for.

Hostel Home - by name by nature :) very chilled, very homely. Great for checking out the city and a cool area to be located in! I will be back next time Im in Mex City.

Very nice hostel, good location, 2 streets far away from the metrobus. Very secure and nice staff. Comfy beds, and very clean. Athmosphere could've been more tender but overall a very good option if what you want is to have a nice sleep.

Excellent friendly and helpful staff. Lovely 'homely' atmosphere, quiet but still opportunities to meet people, and have a few drinks etc. I would definitely recommend this place to others!

This hostel was in an excellent location. Roma and Condessa are full of restaurants, bars, street food vendors and interesting stores. The hostel was full of nice guests and the staff were helpful, giving lots of tips about where to go and what to see. However, I was glad that I was in the private rooms because the dorms looked dark and dingy. The overall cleanliness wasn't great (run down) and there weren't really enough working toilets and showers for all.

Main dorm not well ventilated enough -- was kind of stuffy and smelly. Facilities in general are not great -- one toilet was broken, leaving two toilets and two showers for all 20 guests. The "lock boxes" are made of plywood and therefore would be easy for thieves to break. The Dutch gentleman who works there (Tom?) was the best part of our stay. He was friendly and really helpful. Other staff were friendly, but less helpful -- one seemed confused about the hostel's prices and policies

• 29th Dec 2015

Super awesome hostel in a great area of Mexico City, cosy vibes and lovely staff, would recommend 10/10!

I lover this hostel, it has a good energy to it. Staff is willing to help and happy. The kitchen is not very big thou. I was actually able to sleep in one of the dorms. I would have preferred to stay in the female dorm wich is smaller but it was full. The location is perfect, close to everything but also nice streets to walk.

• 13th Dec 2015
  • Spain

Great old house, incredible location. The staff is cool and willing to help. I would def come back, it has the real hostel experience. I enjoyed cooking with the staff, thanks guys! They where painting the place and that was a drag, but they gave me a discount. I do recomend it :)

• 3rd Dec 2015
  • Mexico

great location! great staff. you can actually cook! it really feels like home. there was some painting going on so one day smell was a little strong but still i really liked this hostel. :)

The location was amazing, within walking distance of good bars and restaurants in a very safe part of the city. Some of the staff are friendlier than others, Jesus was very welcoming and he made our stay more comfortable. We were disappointed that we booked the 5 bed female dorm and we got moved into another bedroom with one of the guys from the staff, and there was no prior notice of this change. This is also not a party hostel as we had to be very mindful of the noise at night.

Great location and nice old house but not the best vibe- the people working there also live there and it feels a bit as though you're imposing on a share house. They're often lying on the couches or having friends around and doesn't make for a very welcoming atmosphere.

This hostel is the greatest ever! Although more like an intimate family of travellers in a B&B type house than a hostel, which is much better. We met such a wonderful mix of eccentric people here, so much fun! We'd come bk again and again. If u like quiet weekends and no partying...this place isn't for u! We, however, loved it! The one and only bad point I have is that it wasn't all that clean, kitchen is filthy, but bearably coz the hostel is class.

Every time I'm in Mexico City I choose to stay at hostel Home. The property is a grand house in a cool part of town, and It feels more like staying in a bnb than a hostel. As far as amenities go, it has everything a hostel should provide and other guests/staff are happy to help you or share. The staff is quirky and super friendly and I always feel welcome every time I come back. Definitely recommend.

• 10th Oct 2015

Ive Been stayung at hostel home for weeks now and everyone is so lovely!!! Ive become such good friends w all the staff and will really miss everyone when i leave! Love you guys and hostel home! :) x

• 26th Sep 2015
  • Argentina

Its very nice hostel with real home atmosphere. After a long walking around huge noisy Mexico city u come to the hostel and feel yourself very relaxed and calm. Me and my friend enjoyed a lot spending evenings in common room with hostel staff and guests. Also location is suuuper good! Close enough to historical center and main sightseeings... aaand all the best bars and nightclubs!

• 26th Sep 2015
  • Ukraine

I had a great time staying in this hostel, the Staff is very friendly and the Location is great =) I would definitely come back.

• 25th Sep 2015

Staff are relatively unprofessional, not really sure what is going on half the time and all hanging around like as if they are at home rather than work. The communal living area is right next to the private room so you are disturbed and kept awake at all hours by peoples conversations. Room is infested with mosquitos and could have done with at least a mirror. There is one functioning shower, the facilities overall are dirty and always out of amenities such as toilet paper.

• 21st Sep 2015

A OK hostel in a Nice area, with frendly staff and easy transport possibilitys to the rest of Mexico City ! But the cleaning could be better, and the breakfeast also could use a Update!