Hostel Hutteldorf Reviews

Schlossberggasse 8, A-1130, Vienna, Austria

in the room was a little cold, if let us know how to adjust the heat could be helpful; one more washer is helpful and the cost could be lower, say 4 Euro per load and drying; a hot water tank for making tea will be very good; a microwave will be even best

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong
  • Couple, 41+

Breakfast was really good for the price and the place was quiet and clean. I'd definitely go back

Had a single room. Very small but clean. Good value for the money!

The welcome at reception was very cold, there was no atmosphere due to lack of music and a distinct feeling of being in a boarding house. The rooms themselves were ok but the shower facilities were old and not very clean! Breakfast was average and served in a big dining hall again, no music and very stale atmosphere.

Hostel Hutteldorf is far from city center but it is in front of a metro station, which made the location not that bad, it was clean, the breakfast was good and the recepcionist a little rude. The hostel has a good cost/benefit and I strongly recommend it.

• 21st Feb 2014

I had a nice time, thanks!

Good hostel, the staff were friendly and useful!!

I think that there should be towels included in the price.

• 22nd Jan 2014

Very clean facilities with good space. The location is very accessible through the U-Bahn. Staff could have been more friendly.

Apart from the location, I think the hostel is excellent. When you get off the subway station, it will take you at least 20 mins to get to the hostel because it's uphill(with your luggage). However, when you don't have luggage with you and you are going to the station from the hostel, it will take you only 5-8mins. I went all the way up to the highest hill in the neighborhood in the morning and from there I saw the entire view of Vienna which is amazing! Breakfast is free and it's good!

Enjoyed the location, very accessible, the staff was very kind and accommodating, room was nice, clean and comfortable, common facilities were clean and sanitary. Enjoyable breakfast buffet!

• 30th Dec 2013
  • Romania

Breakfast included is a real treat!

Good hostel look like dorm very nice staff good breakfast thanks a lot

I liked the hostel pretty much because it was very clean and i didn't expect that because in other hostels around the world the hygienic standard isn't that good. furthermore the staff was extremely friendly and it was available 24 hours. all in all the price was appropriate for the good service and hostel. i would book it again!

• 30th Nov 2013

The 20 bed dorm is too crowded with beds. If it's full, there is literally not enough air for all in the room. Other rooms are decent. So if you are considering the 20 bed dorm, think about spending another euro or 2 and get the smaller dorm instead. The awesome thing is the breakfast included in the price. It is basic, but you can it as much as you can. No one can beat the value for money in Vienna.

Staff was very helpful, I really enjoyed my time in hostel even breakfast for free. I stayed in dormitory, it wasn't ever full and people was at least ok :) Everything is clean anytime, I didn't find anything bad on it. You only have to cover your bed with steets by yourself. Last day I spent in hostel hall (because my bus departed late) and noone had no problem with it. I used few of four machines for food and drinks there and free wifi. You can use even two computers for free there in hall.

Was a lovely place. Very clean etc etc and staff very friendly.Only thing was the very bad night sleep from people snoring like Chewbacca and coming in at silly oclock and making a lot of noise.

Maybe if there was a shampoo and/or toothpaste it would have made my stay more pleasant, but other than that it was very nice place to stay at.

• 14th Nov 2013
  • Latvia

Much further from the train station than we anticipated but still not bad. The rooms were clean with a lot of storage room. Would stay here again if I needed to catch an early train from the hutteldorf station.

Unfortunately I hve to notice that they didn't accept my reservation. There was a mistake in the software and I booked cheaper than it should be. They sent me an e- mail with conformation but when I arrived they told me that I have to book pay regular price which was not elegant because I was already at the place so what could I do.