Hostel Hutteldorf Reviews

Schlossberggasse 8, A-1130, Vienna, Austria

The sockets in the room were hidden under the beds, which made it very difficult to recharge our phones. There were only 3 usable sockets in a room for seven people.

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Hungary

Everything was as described. Except about the smelly feet of the guys who came, I cannot complain about anything else :).

I don't quite know what to say here. It was a nice hostel in a way, but veeeeeery big - which makes it always hard to make friends for solo travellers like me since most of the people come in groups here. The hostel was clean, and secure enough. It is a 20min metro ride away from the city centre, which is obviously a major inconvenience. I also thought that the price was probably a bit too high- but, breakfast was included in it so it was ok. The breakfast was nice. :)

Oooo...My...God!!!! This is more like old-dormitory-turn-to-hostel-but-they-like-to-call-it-hostel. The location is far away from the city centre. Even though there is metro station, 5-10 minutes walk, but still far away, specially when you got drunk and had to walk all the way back to this I-dont-want-to-call-it-hostel-because-for-me-it-is-not-a-hostel!!! Uhm...oh....not again!!!! The so called bed bunk, Jesssssss....I got assigned to top bed bunk, and my head always hit the lamp!!! Not again!

The hostel is a bit far from the city center (20min by underground metro), but it's close to the Schonbrunn palace! It's on too of a hill, but you can walk to the tran station in 5min. The rooms have lockers, the rooms are clean, the staff is helpful, and the wifi is fast. Breakfast is included and it was great, it's a mini buffet, it was the highlight! I travelled there alone, and met great people in my dorm, but the hostel is very nice overall.

Good place to stay in viena for resonable price with breakfast. Excellent for studnets and young people.

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Czech Republic

This hostel is one of the cheapest in Vienna because it is so far from the city center. The amount of money you save booking with them you end up spending in public transit tickets.

Staff is ok, wants to help when you ask for it. The location is bad, a walk from the end station of the subway. The toilets where not ok. Not fresh at all. We stayed there for one night, so if this hostel is your only way, take it, but else, take another!

They had only bought this hostel about a week before we got there. You had to checkin and do pretty much everything at a nearby hostel they own as well. There was one bathroom per section of about 30 people so it was a challenge to get ready in the morning. It was in pretty bad shape being new but the staff was friendly. It is a party hostel and the streets are loud at night. The location is good. In the center so fairly close to bars and other sites. Wifi only in the common places

Really lovely setting with a big back yard. It's closer to town than I first feared; quit easy to get to. Quiet neighborhood. Rooms were clean and functional and quiet

We left a hostel an came to this one. While it is out of the way, it by far has the best and most clear directions of any hostel I've stayed at so far. It doesn't have wifi in the rooms. Breakfast was great

The hostel was outside of town, so quite quiet. The room was everything we needed, but the 3 bunk beds were packed in close together, and a couple of people checking in late in the evening gave us some broken nights sleep.

This is a large, "industrial" hostel, in some way operated by or connected to the city authorities. It is outside the city centre, but has excellent connections to the centre and the way to the hostel is clearly signposted. The hostel offers great value for money, and I would definitely recommend it to those who are on a very tight budget.

• 8th Jul 2014
  • Croatia

Great hostel and excellent for a few day trips to Vienna. A great experience all round.

Great staff, cool atmosphere, and the free breakfast is fantastic. The location is way outside of the center of the city, but the public transportation is easy to navigate and gets you into the downtown quickly. Also, the area is nice if you're looking to get away a bit. Great place!

Enjoyed our stay here; staff are friendly, good facilities and great value for money. Hostel is a bit out of the way from the city centre - 10-15 tube. During our stay in the dormitories there were two people who had their passports stolen. The security isn't great at this place - to be fair they hadn't locked their things away. But still not something you expect.

Far from the city center, but still near the train station and the subway. Lots of families, kids are running down the stairs at 7 in the morning, always kids playing games on computers. Our roomate got her stuff stolen in the laundry machine. Bathroom not really clean.

Staff was nice even though we got in late at night we were able to still check in. Was only there for a short time but everything seemed nice and clean. Would stay there again!

• 26th Jun 2014

This hostel is too far from the center of the city. Also, the staff is not kind. So I moved to another hostel in Vienna.

The location was great for us, as it was easy to arrive at Schonbrunn early the next morning. The private family rooms were great for our family of 5 afford Vienna!

« first « Prev 1 2 3