Hostel Hutteldorf Reviews

Schlossberggasse 8, A-1130, Vienna, Austria

Compared to a nearby (and similarly priced) hostel in Vienna, this one was very nicely furnished and comfortable. The rooms were very homey, not stark like the other hostel was.

• 4th Sep 2014

The best part is they have free parking so you can leave your car there and take the metro into the center. The breakfast was ok I didn't find the desk staff very friendly.

• 27th Aug 2014

Seems like it would be great for school kids or groups! Was fairly quiet when we were there but we wanted a quieter place that night anyway! Good value considering it includes a buffet ish breakfast! A train journey away from the centre so not ideal location but the staff were amazing and it was perfect for the pit stop to budapest!

The hostel is far away from the city center but there is a metro station nearby. The breakfast is outstanding, with bread, cereals, cheese, ham, milk, coffe, youghurt, fruit salad, jam, orange juice, butter but there very strict about not taking anything outside. It has a nice courtyard in the back to chil and a snooker table.

Although not near the main city, Hostel Hutteldorf was a wonderful find-extremely clean, comfortable and with excellent facilitiies including a large back garden, lovely lounge and a restaurant. The breakfast was really good too-good value for money in an often expensive city.

A 40 minute - 1 hour walk into the city, but a 20 minute subway ride. Great backyard with plenty of space. A good cheap option.

The location was OK in terms of conditions, but no so OK in terms of distance to the centre; on the other hand, when I called on Sunday 17th of August to ask for more details as our GPS system was not that new, the girl that answered was not able to give us important details on lland we acctually have been walking around for about two hours before reaching in the end the hostel. A better location or better communication in terms of address would be highly appreciated.

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Romania

Just "eh". A couple of staff members were very helpful and were able to book me for longer and helped me find the right bus. The facilities were typical of the larger dorms, and there were children (read 12 to 17 years old running around).

Maybe not that close to the centre, but defineiely a good value for money! And close to the metro station and to a night bus. Staff is nice and try to help whatever you need.

Sugestion: Place a coocker in the kitchen.

Towels are not free, which seems unusual to me. The strangest thing, IMHO, is that there is no soap in the bathroom. The private room was rather nice but I was not alone there as an ant and a spider lived there as well.

Lovely place close to Hutteldorf metro stop...Green is everywhere.

The hostel was very good. It takes about 30 minutes to go to city center. The area is really nice and it was cheap to eat in a restaurant near the hostel. The staff was helpful and friendly.

New, staff excellent, wi-fi in the all hostel

• 6th Aug 2014
  • Portugal

This place is good for me. I stay at this hostel last year, too. That is why I choose it. The location and staff is quite good.

Was more family orientated and a little out of the way, took about 20 mins to get to the centre of Vienna.

This hostel is outside the city center, but right by a convenient train station. Since it's outside Vienna, it's easier to find more local, cheaper restaurants. I suggest trying out the Hutteldorfer! The breakfast is included and was very good. The showers went on and off constantly and the bathrooms have no soap to wash hands. Also, the elevator is tiny, but necessary since we were on the 6th floor.

There is only one socket in the dorm room and we were six in the room. So how can each one of us charge our phone if there is only one socket?

There's no common room or kitchen, the metro into town is about 20 minutes ride. I was upgrade to a private 4 bedroom that only had one other person in it who was part of a group. They made it impossible for me to socialize. Not appreciated as a single traveler.

The sockets in the room were hidden under the beds, which made it very difficult to recharge our phones. There were only 3 usable sockets in a room for seven people.

• 26th Jul 2014