Hostel Hutteldorf Reviews

Schlossberggasse 8, A-1130, Vienna, Austria

New, staff excellent, wi-fi in the all hostel

• 6th Aug 2014
  • Portugal

This place is good for me. I stay at this hostel last year, too. That is why I choose it. The location and staff is quite good.

Was more family orientated and a little out of the way, took about 20 mins to get to the centre of Vienna.

This hostel is outside the city center, but right by a convenient train station. Since it's outside Vienna, it's easier to find more local, cheaper restaurants. I suggest trying out the Hutteldorfer! The breakfast is included and was very good. The showers went on and off constantly and the bathrooms have no soap to wash hands. Also, the elevator is tiny, but necessary since we were on the 6th floor.

There is only one socket in the dorm room and we were six in the room. So how can each one of us charge our phone if there is only one socket?

There's no common room or kitchen, the metro into town is about 20 minutes ride. I was upgrade to a private 4 bedroom that only had one other person in it who was part of a group. They made it impossible for me to socialize. Not appreciated as a single traveler.

The sockets in the room were hidden under the beds, which made it very difficult to recharge our phones. There were only 3 usable sockets in a room for seven people.

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Hungary

Everything was as described. Except about the smelly feet of the guys who came, I cannot complain about anything else :).

I don't quite know what to say here. It was a nice hostel in a way, but veeeeeery big - which makes it always hard to make friends for solo travellers like me since most of the people come in groups here. The hostel was clean, and secure enough. It is a 20min metro ride away from the city centre, which is obviously a major inconvenience. I also thought that the price was probably a bit too high- but, breakfast was included in it so it was ok. The breakfast was nice. :)

Oooo...My...God!!!! This is more like old-dormitory-turn-to-hostel-but-they-like-to-call-it-hostel. The location is far away from the city centre. Even though there is metro station, 5-10 minutes walk, but still far away, specially when you got drunk and had to walk all the way back to this I-dont-want-to-call-it-hostel-because-for-me-it-is-not-a-hostel!!! Uhm...oh....not again!!!! The so called bed bunk, Jesssssss....I got assigned to top bed bunk, and my head always hit the lamp!!! Not again!

Decent breakfast. Relatively good value for money. However don't go there if you're a solo traveler and looking to make friends, it's almost impossible. The place looks like an old abandonment school. Tens of teenagers and kids from school trips. Location is very far from the city center. Even after you reach the last stop on the metro line, you still need to walk 350mtr, most of them uphill.

The hostel is a bit far from the city center (20min by underground metro), but it's close to the Schonbrunn palace! It's on too of a hill, but you can walk to the tran station in 5min. The rooms have lockers, the rooms are clean, the staff is helpful, and the wifi is fast. Breakfast is included and it was great, it's a mini buffet, it was the highlight! I travelled there alone, and met great people in my dorm, but the hostel is very nice overall.

Good place to stay in viena for resonable price with breakfast. Excellent for studnets and young people.

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Czech Republic

This hostel is one of the cheapest in Vienna because it is so far from the city center. The amount of money you save booking with them you end up spending in public transit tickets.

Staff is ok, wants to help when you ask for it. The location is bad, a walk from the end station of the subway. The toilets where not ok. Not fresh at all. We stayed there for one night, so if this hostel is your only way, take it, but else, take another!

They had only bought this hostel about a week before we got there. You had to checkin and do pretty much everything at a nearby hostel they own as well. There was one bathroom per section of about 30 people so it was a challenge to get ready in the morning. It was in pretty bad shape being new but the staff was friendly. It is a party hostel and the streets are loud at night. The location is good. In the center so fairly close to bars and other sites. Wifi only in the common places

Really lovely setting with a big back yard. It's closer to town than I first feared; quit easy to get to. Quiet neighborhood. Rooms were clean and functional and quiet

We left a hostel an came to this one. While it is out of the way, it by far has the best and most clear directions of any hostel I've stayed at so far. It doesn't have wifi in the rooms. Breakfast was great

The hostel was outside of town, so quite quiet. The room was everything we needed, but the 3 bunk beds were packed in close together, and a couple of people checking in late in the evening gave us some broken nights sleep.

This is a large, "industrial" hostel, in some way operated by or connected to the city authorities. It is outside the city centre, but has excellent connections to the centre and the way to the hostel is clearly signposted. The hostel offers great value for money, and I would definitely recommend it to those who are on a very tight budget.