Hostel Igua Reviews

Calle Victor Ruiz casi Ruta 10, La Barra de Maldonado, Punta del Este, Uruguay

6-bed dorm is a flee infested garden shed!

The hostel is great, staff are very helpful. Breakfast is excellent, the homemade bread is delicious! Everything is very clean. Kitchen has everything but is a little bit small so only one person can cook at a time. Beds were comfy, was not much space in our 12 bed dorm but it was ok, good lockers. Close to the bus stop, only a 10 min bus ride to centre of town. But you have shops and supermarkets within walking distance. 5 min walk to lovely beach. Would recommend.

The hostel has a nice atmoshpere, the owner is really nice and cares about you having a good time. Rooms and bathrooms are a little bit small. Nice garden. We had a great stay.

Rooms were way too small as well as bathrooms. When we stayed there there was not really atmosphere but it's nit hostels fault there just happened to be wrong type of people for us. Over all staff was super nice as well as brekie.

My only real complaint would be the lack of hot water. Besides that it was a nice place to stay!

I had a wonderful stay at hostel Igua...I would stay much longer than 5 days if I had the time! Delicious homemade bread for breakfast and cereal, coffee, etc. Right next to the beach but the center of town is about a 30 min bike ride away or a short bus ride...bus comes every half hour. Atmosphere is great, staff is wonderful, there's a bar and a fire we used to cook chorizo over. You can rent bikes at the hostel and there's an affordable laundry service($5 USD for all clothes, computer etc

• 20th Nov 2015

It was my first time in punta del este and I hesitate on where to stay and after some research I decided to stay here and I have to say that I'm very happy I did it. I felt welcome from the moment I checked in. The place was nice and clean and the price was reasonable. Location was great, walk distance to bars and restaurants. Thank you to Marcelo for making my stay a great experience. Irene

• 19th Nov 2015

Great stay ! Very nice and cosy room with garden view, extremely friendly staff - Marta and Marcelo. Nice breakfast with fresh bread baked on site !

• 18th Nov 2015