Hostel Igua Reviews

Calle Victor Ruiz casi Ruta 10, La Barra de Maldonado, Punta del Este, Uruguay

6-bed dorm is a flee infested garden shed!

The hostel is great, staff are very helpful. Breakfast is excellent, the homemade bread is delicious! Everything is very clean. Kitchen has everything but is a little bit small so only one person can cook at a time. Beds were comfy, was not much space in our 12 bed dorm but it was ok, good lockers. Close to the bus stop, only a 10 min bus ride to centre of town. But you have shops and supermarkets within walking distance. 5 min walk to lovely beach. Would recommend.

The hostel has a nice atmoshpere, the owner is really nice and cares about you having a good time. Rooms and bathrooms are a little bit small. Nice garden. We had a great stay.

Rooms were way too small as well as bathrooms. When we stayed there there was not really atmosphere but it's nit hostels fault there just happened to be wrong type of people for us. Over all staff was super nice as well as brekie.

My only real complaint would be the lack of hot water. Besides that it was a nice place to stay!

I had a wonderful stay at hostel Igua...I would stay much longer than 5 days if I had the time! Delicious homemade bread for breakfast and cereal, coffee, etc. Right next to the beach but the center of town is about a 30 min bike ride away or a short bus ride...bus comes every half hour. Atmosphere is great, staff is wonderful, there's a bar and a fire we used to cook chorizo over. You can rent bikes at the hostel and there's an affordable laundry service($5 USD for all clothes, computer etc

• 20th Nov 2015

It was my first time in punta del este and I hesitate on where to stay and after some research I decided to stay here and I have to say that I'm very happy I did it. I felt welcome from the moment I checked in. The place was nice and clean and the price was reasonable. Location was great, walk distance to bars and restaurants. Thank you to Marcelo for making my stay a great experience. Irene

• 19th Nov 2015

Great stay ! Very nice and cosy room with garden view, extremely friendly staff - Marta and Marcelo. Nice breakfast with fresh bread baked on site !

• 18th Nov 2015
  • Poland

It was really cold inside the room !

• 29th May 2015

Marcelo and Marta are great! I loved the place and the pan casero for breakfast. Will definitely stay here again if I come back to La Barra.

• 4th Apr 2015

Breakfast was poor

The neighborhood is not as active and good as I thought. The bathrooms are very uncomfortable and the organization is not the best. Still a good value for the money.

Such a lovely stay, it was nice to be in barra and get away from Punta. The hostel has a bus stop very near so is easy to get too but a little walk from barras main streets and beaches. Lovely staff, very helpful with everything and a friendly atmosphere. Kitchen and bathrooms were a little small but very clean. Would stay again.

The hostel has a great location, the bus stop is right at the end of the street for heading into Punta del Este. It's also a short bus trip away from Jose Ignacio, which is a beautiful option for a day trip and everything in La Barra is walking distance from the hostel. The actual rooms don't have very much space, but there is lots of hanging out space outside, which was great for eating, socializing and getting out of the sun!

Rooms a very small, even for a hostel. But on the other side it's clean and enough space in the comon areas. I met very nice people, both other travelers and the stuff with Marcello and Marcello, so that I enjoyed my stay there!

Cool and chilled out hostel run by an amazing couple. Very much liked the outdoor area with cute little bar. Also hostel is in a great location with bus stop to Punta del Este and Bikini Beach right in front of the door and La Barra within walking distance. Very good option if you're planning to spend some relaxing time in Punta del Este.

INCREDIBLY CLEAN! Marcelo and Marta were great hosts and we felt totally comfortable asking them for anything we needed. There was tons of outdoor living space, including a parilla and a little bar, which was really great. 15ish minute walk from the beach/restaurants/shops in La Barra. Absolutely loved it here!

Great Staff!

• 30th Dec 2013

We were the only 3 people in the hostel when we stayed and had a great time. Friendly Sebastian on the desk. Close to the beach at la barra and 10 mins on bus to Punta. Supermarket 1 block away. Our room and the 12 bed dorm were quite small, there were some lockers that didnt look massively secure. Breakfast = bread + coffee + cereal. The outside space was really lovely and spacious. There is someone at the hostel the whole time and the gates are locked at night. Recommended!

I was not able to stay due to a friends problem so I had to cancel. The owners of the hostel were very comprehensive to the situation and solved everything very quickly. I hope I can go next time and enjoy the staying.

View all Punta del Este Hostels