Hostel Izola Reviews

Ljubljanska ulica 51, Izola, Slovenia

The hostel is managed by a nice couple, very friendly and welcoming. A decent breakfast is served for a very good price (2€). The common room, with piano, TV and sofa is cool. Great location, clean, and quiet.

• 15th Aug 2014

There are separations in the rooms - we booked a 4 bed dorm and found it was 8 in a room, plus a semi private room. You hear every sound from other guests and we were rudely awoken at 3am. We didn't know about the separations and assumed they were actually rooms.

The hostel staff was absolutely awesome!

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Hungary

This hostel is nice but is all open space. That means that even between rooms, there are people passing by. This is actually bad if you wanted to rest and there are people just passing by your bed all the time to take a shower or take something from the fridge.

Great place friendly staff, only down side was we had the "honeymoon suite" double room which has a giant street light right outside the window and there was no curtains so the room was lit up all night and the door and wall don't go all the way to the floor! Great place, bad room!

First impression was made by the friendly and warm staff, a very nice couple who run the hostel together. We got some very good tips about the town and the surrounding area and the highlight was being able to borrow bikes for free and go biking to towns close by. The reason to choose this hostel was, of course, a silly one, and that was the Beatles-art that they had on the walls....I'm happy that it made me choose this place as it was really good. I recommend it to anyone going to Izola!

Really wonderful hostel right in the center of town, 5 minute walk from the bus and 5 minute walk to the sea. The owner very kindly stayed for my late arrival. Gave me a free drink when I got there and a free coffee when I left. Really fun place with lots of character. Didn't give a 100% review because the hostel could use higher divides / light covers to shield the individual rooms from the main light, lockers could be inaccessible if another guest was showering where they were stored.