Hostel Jamaika Reviews

Visu Sventuju str. 9, Vilnius, Lithuania

Close to bus coach and old town, very nice staff, comfortable beds, small but completely furnished kitchen, big rooms.

Went for a weekend away with a group of 8 and we were amazed with how well the staff accommodated us! Relaxed helpful and friendly - helping us have a great weekend away in this great city. The hostel itself is ideal - basic, great vibes and really close to train station in old city. Would Definatly come back again!

My friends and I had a very nice stay in this hotel! The staff was very nice and took pity on us : we arrived by bus at 6am and, even if the checkin wasn't before 2pm, they let us go to our room to rest. We were so thankful! The atmosphere is great, with a nice bar. Would defintely recommend it to anyone! Only downside was that it was quite cold and dark inside.

t is a nice Hostel with a big kitchen and in the lobby there is something like a pub. The only thing which was not that good, it was very cold in my room. I have a cold now :( And another thing which was not that good. You were not able to lock your room in the night.

It's a good place to spend some times in Vilnius. Very close from the city center, we didn't have to take a cab. It would have been appreciable to get a key for our room (it was a dormitory but we had booked the whole room...and the wardrobe was closed with a tiny locker). We enjoyed so much the free coffee, and the nice rooms and the internal court for smokers. I recommend definitively, even if it's perfectible for facilities (tiny shower with no locker...).

This Hostel was excellent, a very artistic atmosphere! Nice experience!

Well located, between bus station and old town. Basic breakfast is included and available at any time, in a kitchen well furnished. Toilets and showers are together: clean but few. Room basic equipped but the heater was not enough to warm it all. Service is easy but not really friendly.

• 23rd Oct 2014
  • Spain

Although the hostel is well located and it has a lot of potential for being good, it stayed halfway from the expectations I had: no heating in the rooms when it was below 0ºC outside, no proper extra blankets, one member of the staff bothered because we asked for extra blankets, only two showers, not really clean rooms or badrooms... and a bar at the strance of the hostel where people who are not staying at the hostel scan you when you are getting there. Not friendly, not comfy.

Interesting, funky, place to stay, ie. hostel reception was also the pub/bar for the hipster locals. Great location at south end of old city, close to train/bus stations and the central market. I stayed in the top floor loft dorm with no bunks and a lot of space which was a nice change. Would stay there again.

This place is in a really good location, the beds are comfortable, the lockers really good and great kitchen facilities to cook your own meals. Its also really clean. But it seems to be full of alot of long term people, also it was just bad timing while I was there but everything seemed broken (washing machine, stove, heating) But they were quick to get things fixed (Although I think that is just how the heating is)

use of bikes is very good, nice to have no bunks! can recommend hostel!

Excelent place to stay, clean, excelent staff and perfect bar

Quite ok. Not good, not bad. Free breakfast was nice. Wifi in rooms. Staff quite good. Miss of showers. Good location. Not a lot of activities... Max from France (Normandy).

There was a lack of showers on the first floor. I had to wait 40 min. Apart from that it was super! The staff is very friendly.

A wonderful hostel. Especially loved having a bed to myself rather than a bunk bed!

• 10th Aug 2014

Friendly staff, very helpful location not to bad, plenty of shops and things near by.. Sights easy to get to..! Bar on site not over priced so can skip store and kick back have a brew..!

• 10th Aug 2014
  • Tourbiker

Very nice hostel not far from the railway station (train to the airport) and from the city centre. Free washing machine, very clean sheets and rooms, bikes (free to use them), a bar in the hostel. By far, the best hostel I've been to.

• 3rd Aug 2014

Great staff, great location--near the train and bus station, but also right at the edge of Old Town. The free bike rentals and free laundry sent me over the moon! I cannot stress enough how helpful, kind, patient, and fun the staff was. Great place to stay!

Great staff and good atmosphere. Party during the weekends in the hostel bar. Near the hall town and a city central market. Positive vibration

• 17th Jul 2014

Prices are mistaken. We booked a twin ensuite room but upon our arrival could only stay in a dorm. Staff explained some "synchronization problems". Hostel is good for big loud companies, interior is very creative :)