Hostel Jamaika

Fabulous 423 Total Reviews
Fabulous 423 Total Reviews

14th Jul 2017

Perhaps the most spacious Hostel I've ever stayed in. The 6 bed dorm was huge, plenty of personal space. Plenty of social areas including a bar/beer garden. Clean and presentable. Unfortunately was kind of dead when I was there, however can see it would be awesome otherwise.

• England, Male, 31-40
13th Jul 2017

The friendliest staff you will ever meet Helpful and polite Good location from the city and bus station This is my third time back at this hostel

• Canada, Male, 18-24
25th Jun 2017

Walking distance from the train station makes the location very convenient. 24 hour reception is very helpful. The rooms and shared facilities are all clean. Really great value!

25th Jun 2017
6.0

When I arrived they didnt find my booking. After a while after I find my booking for them using the booking reference I had to pay the full amount even if I had already paid some of the amount. So I had to pay more then I should. Other then this the hostel was ok.

• Malaysia, Female, 41+
12th Jun 2017

There is only a small miserable kettle jug (300 ml). The hot water is only enough for two cups. Provide a much bigger kettle jug. There are 5 of us n we had to boil 3 times so as to provide enough hot water for us. We like instant noodles n there are only two bowls so again we had to wait. Cooking pots are also insufficient. Upgrade the cooking utensils - small cooking pots with covers. frying pans. Also provide tea, coffee n sugar. We travel for about a month so troublesome to bring along

• USA, Mixed Group, 31-40
10th Jun 2017

Pretty cool spot. Has its own bar, but it isn't huge, so it won't keep you up all night. Fun pub next door as well, we enjoyed both establishments. Close to old town and bus/train station. Internet was decent and bathrooms were clean. Diverse travelers here, all ages and nationalities. Pretty cool stuff. The rooms didn't have lock to them, which I didn't like, but I didn't notice anything sketchy. I would just prefer each dorm to have locks. Besides that, everything was A-OK.

• Hong Kong, Male, 41+
6th Jun 2017

I stayed 3 days, not 2, wish to stay longer. Very friendly.

• laurisolups2565
  • Latvia, Male, 31-40
3rd Jun 2017

Pure awesomeness. So spacious and comfy! With a pizza oven right in the reception. Beautiful curtains around even dorm beds. Run by people who know exactly how hostels should be.

31st May 2017

Hostel seemed quite quiet, there's a bar that attracts a few locals but not much by way of events that I found. Bar drinks are quiet generic, nothing local. Close to the station and everything in walking distance. Friendly and helpful staff give good recommendations. Good beds, and very big rooms. Showers are good and clean.

• Belgium, Male, 25-30
26th May 2017

Great staff, spacious hostel with everyone having an own room, fun bar. Definitely recommend this place.