Hostel Jamaika Reviews

Visu Sventuju str. 9, Vilnius, Lithuania

It was a great pleasure to spend New Year's Eve and all the weekend at Jamaika Hostel, the atmosphere was incredibly cozy, we all felt like being at home. Very artistic atmosphere at the hostel with several cozy 'living rooms' to spend your time with friends, including the inner courtyard filled with creative spirit and the nice bar.The staff is very friendly and caring.And the room, that is mixed dorm with 10 beds is a great choice as it is super spacious, I've never seen such a big dorm before

• 31st Dec 2014
  • Lithuania

Good hostel near railway station and old center. It has better room for sleep. I see a lot of people, that love ganja)

This is a good hostel but I somehow didn't manage to sleep,with people coming back late and waking up early.the room although huge looked very crowded.moreover, there was a kitchen but it wasn't well equpped with a few pans and no electric boiler,it took forever to make tea and it was impossible to cook elaborate dishes.I would stay here again but this hostel lacks that plus which would make it perfect, so it's just good

Amazing hostel. They didnt have my booking for one night so I was bumped up to a 6 bed dorm for free! The people working there are very friendly and helpfull and the location is so close to the old town and bus terminal. Highly reccomended! Cheers

atmosphere was kind of weird, most of the guest were much older then me, around 30-50. Also entire hostel was filled with Belorussians and Russians, so there wasn't this backpacking spirit.. Nevertheless, stuff was helpful and nice, facilities and location good.

Great value. Very close to the coach station and the town hall. Good beds and linens. Nice bathrooms. Friendly and helpful staff. And Very good atmosphere at the lounge / kitchen. I do recommend.

Quite big for common areas and rooms. There are some curtains between beds. Props for FREE washing service!!!

Clean, comfortable, cheap and relaxed. Super nice staff and a bar downstairs. :)

Close to bus coach and old town, very nice staff, comfortable beds, small but completely furnished kitchen, big rooms.

Went for a weekend away with a group of 8 and we were amazed with how well the staff accommodated us! Relaxed helpful and friendly - helping us have a great weekend away in this great city. The hostel itself is ideal - basic, great vibes and really close to train station in old city. Would Definatly come back again!

My friends and I had a very nice stay in this hotel! The staff was very nice and took pity on us : we arrived by bus at 6am and, even if the checkin wasn't before 2pm, they let us go to our room to rest. We were so thankful! The atmosphere is great, with a nice bar. Would defintely recommend it to anyone! Only downside was that it was quite cold and dark inside.

t is a nice Hostel with a big kitchen and in the lobby there is something like a pub. The only thing which was not that good, it was very cold in my room. I have a cold now :( And another thing which was not that good. You were not able to lock your room in the night.

It's a good place to spend some times in Vilnius. Very close from the city center, we didn't have to take a cab. It would have been appreciable to get a key for our room (it was a dormitory but we had booked the whole room...and the wardrobe was closed with a tiny locker). We enjoyed so much the free coffee, and the nice rooms and the internal court for smokers. I recommend definitively, even if it's perfectible for facilities (tiny shower with no locker...).

This Hostel was excellent, a very artistic atmosphere! Nice experience!

Well located, between bus station and old town. Basic breakfast is included and available at any time, in a kitchen well furnished. Toilets and showers are together: clean but few. Room basic equipped but the heater was not enough to warm it all. Service is easy but not really friendly.

• 23rd Oct 2014
  • Spain

Although the hostel is well located and it has a lot of potential for being good, it stayed halfway from the expectations I had: no heating in the rooms when it was below 0ºC outside, no proper extra blankets, one member of the staff bothered because we asked for extra blankets, only two showers, not really clean rooms or badrooms... and a bar at the strance of the hostel where people who are not staying at the hostel scan you when you are getting there. Not friendly, not comfy.

Interesting, funky, place to stay, ie. hostel reception was also the pub/bar for the hipster locals. Great location at south end of old city, close to train/bus stations and the central market. I stayed in the top floor loft dorm with no bunks and a lot of space which was a nice change. Would stay there again.

This place is in a really good location, the beds are comfortable, the lockers really good and great kitchen facilities to cook your own meals. Its also really clean. But it seems to be full of alot of long term people, also it was just bad timing while I was there but everything seemed broken (washing machine, stove, heating) But they were quick to get things fixed (Although I think that is just how the heating is)

use of bikes is very good, nice to have no bunks! can recommend hostel!

Excelent place to stay, clean, excelent staff and perfect bar