Hostel Jamaika Reviews

Visu Sventuju str. 9, Vilnius, Lithuania

Amazing atmosphere, had a great time with my friends!

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • Poland

The hostel looks very nice in pictures and seems to have a very nice atmosphere but in general the hostel is full of signs of what you cannot do. We understand that the administration try to control the people staying in the hostel but for me was excessive that you cannot drink in the kitchen, in your room and almost anywhere. If you want a drink before you go out you must go to the hostel bar. That wasn't nice at all. We brought our own drinks and we couldn't enjoy them.

• 18th Jun 2015
  • Portugal
  • All Male Group, 31-40

The dorm door is a little noisy. It's hard to keep sleeping when roommate is trying to come in and out.

• 16th Jun 2015
  • Taiwan

I did not like the first greeting by the staff, it was so formal for a hostel. Sheets were so clean but the keys for the lockers were not working. It has a very nice balcony overlooking the street, but it is not for me!

Really good hostel... Great dorms. Would recommend.

Very good location (about ten minutes walk from the bus and train station). Room was massive, very cozy, bathroom was clean and also the kitchen. When I arrived the lady at the reception seamed to be in a really bad mood, but apart from this everything else was very good. Definitely recommend it.

super cool hostel! was very comfortable and very clean and right inside the old town. you can see the whole city on foot.

• 29th May 2015
  • India

This place is amazing. Don't let the need of a paint job and the dreary Bar entrance put you off. I can't say enough about the staff and thank you Andrius for all your help with my computer problems. I have never been in a Hostel before where the staff kept the kitchen and bathrooms so clean. Everything was perfect. I stayed 3 nights but I could live at The Jamaikan.

The absolute hostel experience! If you are student or group I truely can't find any hostel better than Jamaika!

• 22nd May 2015
  • Greece

Perfect solution!

• 21st May 2015
  • Hungary

Perfect hostel ! It was at 5min by foot from the buses station and train station and at 5min from the Town Hall. The room was clean and nice. Me and my friend met really nice girls in our dormitory. There were free coffee and tea with toasts in the morning. The bathroom was really clean and nice too, almost for our own room, no need to wait. Highly recommended.

Awesome hostel! Love the atmosphere, facilities and the big room! Breakfast are good and the staffs are nice. However, the hostel is so cold! the room at night is kinda freezing, I need to wear sweater even at sleep and kinda noisy in the weekend. Other than that, everything is good! Definitely will comeback :D

Great hostel, very clean rooms, friendly english speaking staff and not too expensive. Location could be a little better, but its close to the train station, and still just a 15-20 minute walk to the bar street/biggest tourist attractions

• 15th May 2015

Great hostel! Very clean! Friendly staff, good location in a cozy city! class!

Near bus station ...clean,good internet,safe..perfect

The staff here are awesome, extremely helpful and seemed intersted in meeting travellers. The dorm was one of the nicest I've ever stayed in. There was a bit of a lack of bathrooms and people often had to line up and wait, but I 'd still definitely reccomend it.

It was nice and very clean. Downside- sound isolation was very poor. The doors are thin and the corridor had a tile floor, so I could hear people walking at night. My room had a door to another room, so I could hear people talking in there.

• 22nd Apr 2015
  • Latvia

A descent hostel. The staff were very helpful. Facilities were satisfactory. The room is furnished with individual drawers(with lock), hangers and lights. Even though the breakfast meal was poor and there were no elevator, I recommend this hostel.

Really great hostel!

Not enough toilet and shower!! Free breakfast: very good!

• 7th Apr 2015