Hostel Ka'beh Cancun Reviews

Alcatraces 45 SM. 22 Mza. 10 L. 26, Retorno 5, Cancun, Mexico

Awesome staff and great atmosphere! I had very good time here. Highly recommended.

• 24th Jul 2014
  • Turkey

Really great place! Staff were fantastic and friendly, helped me out big time when I missed my bus. Great location for Cancun!

A really good feeling once you're there and definitely a bad one when you leave, not only because of the place or the atmosphere, but also because of the staff... really cool fellas ;) Definitely value for money and the location helps you to avoid unnecesary expenses such as food. It's certainly not really close to the beach, however that's one of the advantages about it and you only need to take one bus to get there.

The staff makes this place an exceptional place to stay...very friendly and knowledgable!

• 7th Jul 2014

Ka'beh is a good hostel to stay at. Awesome hammocks, took so good naps in them :D All breakfast options I tried were great. Evening activities like guacamole night were super nice! Only thing I didn't like, was how they were denigrating my next hostel, just because it wasn't the one they cooperate with, and urged me to stay one more night to go to this extremely expensive party. Also they were a bit pushing with these tours they're selling. But all in all, I would recommend this place!

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Finland

Been trawling for 4 months and its been the absolute best hostel I had ever been too! Great staff, activities every night, cable tv (for those traveling for a long time), amazing book exchange, great common area, clean, jobs tell cannot say enough good things about it! Stay here for sure!

I went to this hostel not knowing much the area and had no idea what to expect. I was a solo traveler and the staff instantly made me feel welcome. The atmosphere is relaxed but the staff has daily events going on from beer pong tournaments to learning how to make delcious guacemole. The staff is helpful and can assist you from everything from getting to Cuba to exchanging money.. The hostel is within a five minute walk to a grocery store and a good area to get cheap tacos. Loved it here

• 23rd Jun 2014

Nice hostel and would even be quite great if it was not for the extreamly strange smell! A lot of reviews mention this but it is true there is a strange smell. They clean the toilets and everything very often but a quite small kitchen and I would enjoy some fruits for breakfast. The 6 person dorm is ok, the aircon works great. Would enjoy some comfortable places to sit, because the hammocks that are the only option not hurting your bum are often occupied. Very good location, close to ADO.

first ...the staff are amazing!!!! the hostel and the rooms are really really good! amazing atmosphere and peoples, free kitchen. the staff knows everything about cancun and the area and helps in everything...! we came here for the second time and we will come back for sure... :)

• 19th Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

shower pressure is very little - hard to wash your body and hair no hot water in the front shower be aware they have nice breakfast - but you might have to ask because it's not so clear by itself

Hello there! Thanks for the review! Since you left, we have fixed the water pressure and the hot water, even though we DO NOT advertise *having* hot water. We don't quite understand why anyone would want to shower with hot water when the average daily temperature in Cancun is 30ºC, but it is now available and working well for those who want it. Thanks for the breakfast tip! - David Uribe - Hostel Ka'beh

a nice hostel feels like home great breakfast and the staff is awsome!!

• 1st Jun 2014
  • Israel

My stay at Hostel Ka'beh was great, the staff are full of local knowledge they helped myself with anything you put their way. On a day chilling around the hostel I noticed the place was cleaned top to bottom 2-3 times a day, they organised events for us such as pot international luck dinners, tours to pick you up from the door step of the hostel & a good night out to the Cancun night life, book yourself in here!

The best of the best!! this place truly is my second home, miss u Cris, and i will miss David if he just stop to be so annoying XD

Nothing ever made me feel uncomfortable here. It was a fun and safe place to meet many new people

• 7th May 2014

This is definitely a "party" hostel. If my intent for the stay was to party, this hostel would be perfect. Even though I didn't really have to wait for a washroom, but there should be more washrooms for 20 people. Also, there should be some type of locks for the dorm rooms so that not everyone can enter the room (especially during the middle of the night).

Hello! We are a tiny 20-bed Hostel with only three dorms and 24-hour reception/security. We know who comes in and out at all times, and the entire Hostel is 'common area'. We have yet to see a reason or a need for keys to dorms where everyone generally shares their space. Private rooms do have their own keys of course! Regarding toilets: we now have an additional washroom, even though it wasn't absolutely necessary. Thank you! - David Uribe - Hostel Ka'beh

It was smelly in my dorm and the matress was bad! Air con was working not every night! Only one bathroom for all!

I do apologize for your experience, but you are mistaken on a few things though. We have 3 bathrooms now, not 1... and the AC works perfectly. Sometimes it's too cold, sometimes it's too hot, and while we're desperately trying to develop our psychic abilities, we can't yet know what people are thinking until they tell us... so if you do have a problem with something in the future, *please* tell us so we can do something about it. Thank you! - David Uribe - Hostel Ka'beh

Yeah dunno about this one, I read to expect hostels in Mexico to be pretty average, but since staying at the yak in playa del carmen my sympathy for this place has been lost, the staff are nice, location and atmosphere are good but the facilities are well below average, 2 bathrooms for a hostel that accommodates almost 20 people, seriously? Game over if you get an upset stomach! The shower feels like someone is peeing on you but cold.the place smells pretty strong of something not too pleasant.

Hello!... I'm sorry for your sub-par experience. We are working on the toilet situation, so that shouldn't be a problem anymore. Regarding your incredible example of a lack of water pressure: Even though we do use water-saving shower heads, generally the pressure is still very good. If it isn't, please let us know so we can fix it. The smell you mention is humidity, and while we are in the tropics, it is something we're working on eradicating. - David Uribe - Hostel Ka'beh

in the room for 6 persons, the air ventilation is very bad because there is practically no window. Because of that there is not entering fresh air and its not possible to sleep there because of the bad smell as well. I hope the hostel will find a solution for this problem.

• 20th Apr 2014

Hello! We are definitely working on it. Thank you for your stay and support! - David Uribe - Hostel Ka'beh

The best hostel ever !

• 17th Apr 2014
  • Israel

I absolutely loved this place, will go back if I ever make it back to Cancún.

• 15th Apr 2014