Hostel Ka'beh Cancun

9.0
Superb 1197 Total Reviews

• Austria, Female, 31-40
24th Feb 2017

I didn't want to come to Cancun, I thought it was too touristy! Well I am glad I ended up going nevertheless! I would have missed out! Thanks to Ka beh hostel I had a great time! First of all the hostel serves all the needs of a backpacker! It has a great vibe and makes you feel like home straight away. Staff is very friendly and helpful! The common areas are designed to help socializing and with the activities offered you are sure to make new friends here. Loved my stay here!

24th Feb 2017

I had a very good time here. The staff is great, they organize nights out, afternoons at the beach, barbecue etc. this makes the atmosphere very sociable and enjoyable. They also organise different tours to cenotes, Maya ruins, trips to the nearby islands. My room was quite tiny, but overall, if you're looking for a place where to meet people and have funny nights, I'd strongly recommend it

• Canada, Couple, 31-40
20th Feb 2017
6.3

Close to ADO bus station and local public transit, which made getting around the city fairly easy. Daily trips to the beach and other activities at the hostel were a nice touch. Private rooms not cleaned at all during stay, and were in an under construction area across the street from the main hostel. Room was musty and damp, and we didn't have any hot water at all for the entirety of our stay... Main hostel reception and indoor common area were unkempt, but outside hammocks were nice.

• USA, Male, 18-24
18th Feb 2017

Awesome place. I really enjoyed the social atmosphere and the staff were helpful with finding what I needed nearby. I'd happily stay again :)

13th Feb 2017

One of the best things about this hostel is the convenient location; it's near the main bus station, restaurants and a supermarket. Liked the cook-your-own breakfast option and the group beach trips as well. The staff in general could definitely be more personable / proactive as it relates to their job, but Ka'beh is a perfectly solid option if you're just staying in town a few days.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
9th Feb 2017

One of my favourite hostels of all time! Great location downtown near cheap local food and supermarkets. Amazing staff that really make you feel at home. Gruf on reception is a dead set legend! The environment just brings everyone together every day and night so it feels like a nice family! Will definately come again. Eggs & chorizo for breakfast was the best! Thanks Ka'beh

9th Feb 2017
4.3

BEWARE of getting a private room! 1. Showers are ICE COLD. 2. Private rooms are in a separate, abandoned building down the block. Unmonitored and unsafe. 3. The building is an ACTUAL construction site. We were woken up at 8:07 AM by hammering and sawing DIRECTLY above our room. A construction crew just walked into our hostel in the early morning to begin work. 4. Rooms have a disgusting musty, mildewy smell that makes it hard to breathe and gives you a headache. Awful.

Our apologies for your experience... You are absolutely correct that your situation was inappropriate. We had a massive emergency pipe leak of hot water right above your room which had to be dealt with immediately... The work was finished by the day you checked out, so it should not happen again. - David - Hostel Ka'beh

• England, Female, 25-30
5th Feb 2017

This was one of the best hostels I've been to! The staff were brilliant and it was always so social. I loved how homely it felt. I was in the 6 bed dorm and there wasn't a lot of space, but it was cool (with the aircon) and the shared bathrooms were great. Thank you for such a great stay, we'll be back!

• England, Female, 31-40
4th Feb 2017

It's a very nice hostel. It's very well located being only 5 minutes from the main bus station. Breakfast is basic but filling.

2nd Feb 2017