Hostel Ka'beh Cancun Reviews

Alcatraces 45 SM. 22 Mza. 10 L. 26, Retorno 5, Cancun, Mexico

The hostel is located in Cancun downtown. The area is less touristy and there are countless places to have great and cheap mexican food nearby. Also the hostel is close to the ADO bus station which makes transport to the airport really cheap. There was always a great atmosphere and an awesome staff. I spent a week there and had the best time. At this place you can have both things. Either partying or just having relaxed evenings with a few beers and great talks.

Had a bloody ripper stay at hostel ka'beh! the staff were super friendly and helpful (especially the young Australian lad Jack) feels like your part of a family. Delicious cheap food just down the road at the town square and the ADO bus station is walking distance. Definitely recommend staying if your looking for a good group of people to party with.

I was a little disappointed as I had expected a little more warmth from the staff based on reviews. They weren't hugely friendly nor were they particularly approachable when you tried to have a chat with them on subjects other than your stay. The room particularly smelled like cat pee but the people I met there were nice and I loved the outdoor area which had a nice atmosphere. Alright for one or two nights!

Hello! I'm sorry you didn’t feel the warmth others have felt for years here. While I didn't meet you personally, I can imagine our staff would have treated you exactly as they do everyone else. I'd have to guess you've never had a cat before as the smell you’re describing was probably everyone’s stuff in your room. Remember, it’s 35ºC here, sweat happens. Rooms are swept/mopped every day, so it’s impossible the smell would be due to cleanliness issues. - David - Hostel Ka'beh

The reason to go here is that the staff are all terrific. However, my absolute favourite is definitely Stef :)

I didn't expect a partyhostel, when I read the discreption, but i is one! The music was very loud during daytime and the evening. The A/C was extremely cold. I had to wear 3 layers to be able to sleep there and the big door was still smelling very bad like a cat toilet, like another guest wrote before.

Hello! I apologize your stay with us wasn’t as expected. While we're not considered a crazy party Hostel, we ARE in Cancun, travelers like to party, + so do we! Our ACs are set to 24º. If this is too cold, we offer unlimited blankets, but when it’s 35º+ outside, people generally love good AC. The smell you’re referring to is that of other people’s stuff. Unfortunately, staying in a 12-person dorm in this climate means it’s going to smell a little like traveler. - David, Hostel Ka'beh

Fantastically helpful and friendly staff, very clean bathrooms, pretty chill vibe. Making your own breakfast with provided ingredients is a nice change, really strong AC (almost too strong when you're right next to it) to fend off the humidity, and the staff are all very nice and knowledgeable of the area.

Awesome. Location is great, easy to get around to cultural and social activities. The hostel also offers great tours to do all sorts of excursions (whale diving etc.). The rooms are clean and air conditioned, same as bathrooms. The outside area is perfect for people like myself (traveling alone) for getting to know people in the hostel. Last but most definitely not least, Chris, makes this place, great guy, really helpful and a good laugh. Keep up the awesome work Ka'beh!

Hostel really is all about the staff. Chris in particular is fantastic. One of those guys that make a hostel. The hostel itself is very good. Facilities are great etc. Everything is clean & works superbly. Negatives: hostels generally are located miles away from the action in hotel zone. This is just a feature of cancun .... It's all about the resorts & big hotels. Regular busses though. Also.... No bar. Can bring drinks in but I always think a hostel has to have a bar. Great stay nonetheless

A very nice homely place

Everything was perfect I felt really at home while I was there. The staff is fantastic.

• 22nd Jun 2015

Sooo many good things to say about this hostel :) Awesome staff! Great rooms, great bathrooms. I really liked staying with Ka'beh and would recommend it to everybody who is into backpacking, parties and good conversations. Great for meeting people!

awesome hostel, stayed there for about 4 nights and they had good events every night, people always around and friendly, good rules, clean, strong AC. only downside was that the AC was a bit too powerful and the room smelled like BO sometimes but they put in scent stuff and the place was always kept clean. staff were awesome, very friendly. definitely worth the money.

• 21st Jun 2015

A really nice hostel with clean bathrooms, an common area and nice and staff. The only negative thing was that the dorm rooms had a bad smell, maybe like cat urine or something, which was not that pleasant.

Hey there!... Thanks for the positive comments. =) We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Regarding the smell you're describing: the days you were here, we had a massive storm, and the smell is that of the humidity all that water created. We have eliminated the smell now, so 'everything is awesome' again =D. Thanks again and happy travels! Hostel Ka'beh

Fantastic stay at hostel ka'beh. 2 nights turned into 4. Incredibly helpful and friendly staff. So many activities could be organised for you around Cancun. The whale shark swim was definitely a highlight, great atmosphere and chill out space with hammocks. Bathroom facilities were plentiful and very clean. The neighbourhood was really funky and there were many budget eats and drinks to be had at the very close at hand parque de palapas. A great suburb that really felt like local neighbourhood.

• 6th Jun 2015

The best staff that I've ever seen. Movie night, guacamole night, barbecue night, tours, company to the clubs. Really enjoyed my 5 nights there. Totally recommended!!

This hostel is really nothing to write home about, but that's true of Cancun overall (unless you're exclusively interested in drinking, or are staying at a swanky beach resort, ie. not in the seedy Centro, where this is). Breakfast is pathetic, they shouldn't even bother. The place smells moldy and the smaller rooms feel claustrophobic (opt for the bigger dorm if you stay). They try too hard to sell you tours/nightlife packages. Pros are nice, clean bathrooms and a pleasant outdoor common area.

Hello! I'm sorry the Hostel + real Cancun didn't live up to your beach-resort, all-inclusive standards, + I do apologize if our attempts to bring you into the fun + activities were too strong. Our intention is to live up to our job + make sure everyone is aware of the things that are worth doing in the region (apparently things you didn't do). It's odd that you'd think our 5 full-breakfast options weren't big enough. We’ll make sure to air-out the room you were in. Hostel Ka'beh

A must stay! The staff are really helpful and the whole hostel has a chill out home feel to it.

The staff were great! Location is good, they have a TV/Netflix. Needs more cowbell though.

Mark my words: A cowbell *WILL* be purchased. ;) Hostel Ka'beh

Best hostel have stayed in so far, great intimate feel.

People living here are so nice.