Hostel Ka'beh Cancun Reviews

Alcatraces 45 SM. 22 Mza. 10 L. 26, Retorno 5, Cancun, Mexico

-This place seems to go both ways, can be very relaxed, or a large party atmosphere. There is always someone to talk to in the common area, and the staff is helpful. -Cancun is a party town, but this place may be a little far from the party if you want that. In a cool area of town though, with good local food -A 20 peso ride from a very nice beach. -The dorm room has nice cold air, The showers lack pressure, but do an okay job. Weird funk by the door.Nice and dark room for sleepin though!

Great statt, great people, cool rules

Great staff, organize everything for u. Go out with u and show u nice places. best hostel rules I have had during my 3 months trip in Latin America. Great fun!!! Definitely recommendable !!

This hostel is a fantastic option if you want to stay in downtown Cancun, away from the super-touristy resort area. It is in an excellent location for the bus stop and is right next to the main plaza, where there are lots of great food stalls. The hostel itself is really great. Small but has everything you need and the outside area, with hammocks and table, is a very sociable space. Loved my stay here!

I loved this hostel. Excellent location near everything and superb staff. Extended my stay because it was do great. Awesome if ur travelling alone because there's is lots to do. Felt like a family away from home

Hostel Ka'beh is definitely a place I would go to again and I would recommend to anyone travelling to Cancun. The owners and staff create an environment that allow people to relax and get everyone together to enjoy their time. From the activities that are held every night to all the tours they can assist in arranging for you are phenomenal. Hostel Ka'beh is definitely not lacking in anything and it would be a pleasure to go there again. No better place to stay in Cancun.

Lovely place, great staff, fun activities every evening, excellent location, plus they have 3 beautiful cats and one super cute dog :) I would defenetly recommend it! :D

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Spain

Such a nice and helpful staff! They organize something great every evening (for free!) that invites to socialize with the other backpackers. :) a place that makes you feel so good. I'll be back!

Awesome staff and great atmosphere! I had very good time here. Highly recommended.

• 24th Jul 2014
  • Turkey

Great place, not at the beach, but close to some nice eating places. Cool staff and amazing people.

Really great place! Staff were fantastic and friendly, helped me out big time when I missed my bus. Great location for Cancun!

A really good feeling once you're there and definitely a bad one when you leave, not only because of the place or the atmosphere, but also because of the staff... really cool fellas ;) Definitely value for money and the location helps you to avoid unnecesary expenses such as food. It's certainly not really close to the beach, however that's one of the advantages about it and you only need to take one bus to get there.

I liked staff so much, you're great people!! :)

• 14th Jul 2014
  • Poland

The staff makes this place an exceptional place to stay...very friendly and knowledgable!

• 7th Jul 2014

Ka'beh is a good hostel to stay at. Awesome hammocks, took so good naps in them :D All breakfast options I tried were great. Evening activities like guacamole night were super nice! Only thing I didn't like, was how they were denigrating my next hostel, just because it wasn't the one they cooperate with, and urged me to stay one more night to go to this extremely expensive party. Also they were a bit pushing with these tours they're selling. But all in all, I would recommend this place!

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Finland

Been trawling for 4 months and its been the absolute best hostel I had ever been too! Great staff, activities every night, cable tv (for those traveling for a long time), amazing book exchange, great common area, clean, jobs tell cannot say enough good things about it! Stay here for sure!

I went to this hostel not knowing much the area and had no idea what to expect. I was a solo traveler and the staff instantly made me feel welcome. The atmosphere is relaxed but the staff has daily events going on from beer pong tournaments to learning how to make delcious guacemole. The staff is helpful and can assist you from everything from getting to Cuba to exchanging money.. The hostel is within a five minute walk to a grocery store and a good area to get cheap tacos. Loved it here

Nice hostel and would even be quite great if it was not for the extreamly strange smell! A lot of reviews mention this but it is true there is a strange smell. They clean the toilets and everything very often but a quite small kitchen and I would enjoy some fruits for breakfast. The 6 person dorm is ok, the aircon works great. Would enjoy some comfortable places to sit, because the hammocks that are the only option not hurting your bum are often occupied. Very good location, close to ADO.

first ...the staff are amazing!!!! the hostel and the rooms are really really good! amazing atmosphere and peoples, free kitchen. the staff knows everything about cancun and the area and helps in everything...! we came here for the second time and we will come back for sure... :)

• 19th Jun 2014
  • Israel
  • All Male Group, 25-30

shower pressure is very little - hard to wash your body and hair no hot water in the front shower be aware they have nice breakfast - but you might have to ask because it's not so clear by itself

Hello there! Thanks for the review! Since you left, we have fixed the water pressure and the hot water, even though we DO NOT advertise *having* hot water. We don't quite understand why anyone would want to shower with hot water when the average daily temperature in Cancun is 30ºC, but it is now available and working well for those who want it. Thanks for the breakfast tip! - David Uribe - Hostel Ka'beh