Hostel Ka'beh Cancun Reviews

Alcatraces 45 SM. 22 Mza. 10 L. 26, Retorno 5, Cancun, Mexico

All Mexican hostels are a bit on the dive side. This one is no exception. However, between the staff and atmosphere and location it is a good place. It is an excellent value for the money. The only thing truly annoying is the shower. The water comes out in one SMALL stream, slowly. The shower issue is easy to get around. Shower at the beach.

• 9th Apr 2014
  • loren_gillings768324

Hello! Thank you for the glowing comments! I just wanted to note that while we do use water-saving shower heads, we have fixed the water pressure issue. Thanks again for your stay. - David Uribe - Hostel Ka'beh

¿Qué pasa? Easily the best hostel experience I've had yet. This is a great little place, with an awesome vibe, a mix between chilled out day times and beer pong and tequila Jenga at the night. When they say "your home away from home" it really does feel that way, especially with the staff who felt more like family and friends I'd known for years. I've run out of characters, but thank you Nicole, Elizabeth, Conrado, Jaqueline, David and Christina for helping to make this an awesome trip. Miss you

Great hostel with amazing staff. They organise something fun every night and its always a great atmosphere. Good location, close to bus station, shopping mall, markets etc. recommend staying here if you want to have a good time in Cancun!

when i first got to this hostel i did not know what to think, it was small,and in a location i thought was hard to find. The second day i was there everything had changed to people,atmosphere,and location was amazing made some great mates there,the staff were way awesome always happy to help out and set you up with parties in the hostel and out on the town.And the next time they play beer pong WILL SOMEONE PLEASE KICK AARONS ASS.love reece

Best hostel I stayed at in Mexico. Staff were awesome, great atmosphere. 5 min walk from downtown ADO station, 10 min bus to hotel zone.

I was almost running away from the hostel as i could not bear the horrible smell one second more longer. I have been to a couple of hostels in mexico and this is the terrible one.. It smells! Do they ever change the bed cover, i strongly doubt! There are only two bathrooms/wc, so at the high time, you need to wait. Don't expect to have good rest as the noise will not end until early morning 2-3am. Do not look at the score only as situation changes and it is worthwile to look at details

Hello! I apologize for the bad experience you had, but I'd like to clarify a few things: the small is humidity, we're in the tropics + unfortunately that's normal here. We change every bed before every new guest arrives + while we do consider ourselves a party Hostel, we also try to make sure that everyone can sleep. If there is ever anything that you feel is wrong with your stay, please let reception know so we can do our best to fix the situation. - David Uribe Hostel Ka'beh

With all the amazing reviews about this hostel I had very high expectations. Perhaps it could have been a change in staff or just not too many people staying while I was there but I did not find the reception staff outgoing or trying to get to know me or have heaps fun like the previous reviews mentioned. Being a solo traveler I also found the only real common area was on benches outside and not a big, comfortable indoor area. The hostel itself is very small but really nice and clean.

Hello! Generally, people come to Cancun to spend time outdoors, not indoors, so we've never felt that having our major common area outside was a bad thing. Regarding our staff: we do try to spend time with clients, help them out, and get to know them; but our job description isn't specifically to become FB friends and jump around town with everyone who walks through our doors... not yet at least! - David Uribe - Hostel Ka'beh

Hostel Ka'Beh was awesome....the staff is great and very friendly and knowledgeable about the area...............I'd definitely stay here again!!!!!

Great place to stay was only ment to be there 3 nights spent our entire 12 days there highly recommend the place! Will definitely return!

• 31st Mar 2014
  • New Zealand

Great atmosphere and all the staff were really helpful and kind. I spent six nights there and would definitely go back if I ever returned to Cancun!!

• 22nd Mar 2014

great hostel great staff special mention to aaron great bloke!!

You are searching for super delicious BBQs, entertainment, happy hours, tours to Cancuns most famous clubs and new friends...? THIS IS YOUR PLACE 2 BE...! Forget about the Ritz Carlton, the Royal Sands Resort, the Crown Paradise or Le Blanc Spa. THIS is the only 6 STAR ho(s)tel in Cancun...! Located next to the ADO Bus Station, close to Chedrauri Supermarket and the bus station to the Beach. I would like to say a special thank to Aaron and Jacqeline. They know why ;-) - *THANK YOU KA'BEH HOSTEL*

• 15th Mar 2014

I was very happy with the service provided and would highly recommend this hostel. The staff were very helpful in every way possible and I had a lot of fun during my stay here. I had booked a different hostel for 3 nights, but the good vibes here persuaded me to stay here instead.

• 15th Mar 2014
  • Northern Ireland

I love the staff so much, they are so friendly people I felt like I know them from along time and I felt all that with just one night I should of staid more than one night with them but it was my last night in Cancun :( .. It's 20 min to the hotel Zone with the bus !

• 14th Mar 2014
  • Saudi Arabia

What you are paying for with this hostel is the atmosphere; the facilities in general are poor with only 2 bathrooms for the whole hostel, the hygiene is average as there is a cat that jumps on to the table as you are eating your food and sometimes goes into the rooms. However, the staff in general are excellent,, Aaron and Jaclyn in particular. As a lone traveller I found it a great place to meet people and made some great friends who i stayed in contact with on my travels. A bit pricey though.

• 12th Mar 2014

Well, we are speaking about Cancun here, so my comment about lots of noise is unnecessary... But yeah, lots of noise. Staff is truly nice and outgoing)) There are two showers - one ugly and one great. The room gets REALLY cold at night because of the aircon. Activities mostly include chatting and drinking a lot.

• 9th Mar 2014
  • Ukraine

Travelling alone and this was the first hostel on a round the world trip- so happy I chose this place. Great atmosphere, always something going on and met some great people here- due in part the hostel vibe and staff..

Chuck is the best hostel employee around. Very helpful. Willing to go way out of his way to make sure you have a great experience. Gereth and Sanna were also very nice. This was a great place to meet other travelers, just a few minutes from the beach by bus. A few minutes walk to the market. Overall a great experience.

It was alright, it said breakfast included but instead of pancakes you just the pancake Mix which you have to prepare by yourself.. They just have two toilets which is not enough.

There is a certain charm about this hostel that I can't convey in words. It has a warmth and openness that make for an fantastic experience. Chuck, the hostel's senior staffer, makes you feel at home from the moment you arrive. His passion for customer service is exemplary. Talk to Leo about ideas for what to do around Cancun during your stay, she is great. I would recommend the hostel purchases a measuring cup for use by obsessively accurate Germans who want to make pancakes for breakfast.