Hostel Ka'beh Cancun Reviews

Alcatraces 45 SM. 22 Mza. 10 L. 26, Retorno 5, Cancun, Mexico

The hostel has a great atmosphere and the location is in a great authentic part of Cancun. I felt very at home and welcome the second I arrived. I love the idea of there being no set time for breakfast. I love the place and its the people who make the place! The staff are excellent! I think Chuck is a fantastic member of the team at Ka'Beh and deserves a mention! If you are in Cancun, Ka'Beh is definately the place you should stay!

• 12th Feb 2014
  • Israel

Great hostel, lovely staff and great atmosphere. Good balance between party and actually getting some sleep! Sad to hear a shining member of the staff is leaving after what must be years! You'll be missed chuck!

• 1st Feb 2014

I stayed at Hostel Ka'beh 4 nights. It was so difficult to leave. As soon as I arrived to the hostel I felt like I'm at home. Literally 10 minutes after I stepped in, I started partying. Atmosphere is amazing, you can have your breakfast anytime you want. I cannot describe how amazing, friendly staff are. Felt like we had been friends for a long time.It would not have been same without excellent staff Mitch, Gareth and especially Chuck!!! Best place, best people, best hangouts so much fun!

• 22nd Jan 2014
  • melpp
  • Turkey

Loved it here, probably would've stayed for a lot longer if I had the time & the beach was a little closer!

• 18th Jan 2014

I was hanging out there even if i wasnt staing there, then i decided to move there ! the atmosphere is amazing, the staff is great, as soon as you get into the place, you become a part of this hostel ! Just go ! you'll meet great people !

The rooms are clean and nice. The madras is covered in plastic for some reason, so you know when other people in the room are moving. Great common areas. The staff is helpful with booking of tours.

I don't even know where to begin! Ka'beh has become a home away from home and the staff has embraced me as part of their crazy family (that's a good thing), ha! I initially booked one night with no intention of staying in Cancun, which turned into five nights! Eventually I said good bye to my new friends and family and headed out for a little excursion. Four days later, there I was, walking through the huge wooden doors of Ka'beh for another three night stay. Love this place!

Sometimes really loud. Dont recommend if you dont want to party alot. Otherwise really good location if you want to explore Cancun and other cities nearby. Staff are helpfull and breakfast is good. Only two bathrooms! Common area is nice: TV, good kitchen, free water, outside there is tables and hammocks!

• 3rd Jan 2014
  • Finland

I have been travelling a long time and this is the best hoatel I have stayed in for socialising and communal areas. No one sits in their room. Nice rooms and very nice, helpful staff. With only two bathrooms, you are always waiting for the toilet/shower.

I really liked the hostel. The rooms were nice and clean. The beds were comfortable. The location was good. It was situated near to a parc, where you could by delicious food for not a lot of money. It was close to the busses to go to the beach. The people working there were super nice and the activities were great. I had so much fun over there. There is a nice ambiance, which made me feel kind of home. So I recommend the hostel highly.

• 23rd Dec 2013
  • Belgium

I enjoyed my time at Ka-beh hostel because of amazing staff. Very friendly and efficient service for me.

Ka'beh is absolutely awesome! Especially the people who run the place. As soon as you enter u feel absolutely welcomed. Free bbq, potluck dinner, open bar nights, loud music, hammocks.. whatever you need Ka'beh has it! They also make arrangements to take everyone to the bars and clubs in the hotel zone. If you like Latin dancing you should definitely ask them (Leo and Alex especially) to take you the the local salsa club w/ a live salsa band. Had a blast!! Def coming back for it, Leo! :)

• 19th Dec 2013
  • Turkey

This hostel is freakin AWESOME! The wifi is free, and you can eat your free breakfast anytime during the day. Great music plays all day and evening, so if you want a quiet little hole in the wall, find someplace else. The awesome staff works very hard to keep the place clean, and presentable. The beds are clean, comfortable, and changed for every new customer. The staff also provides plenty of information to see local sites like Tulum, Chichen Itza, and of course the local nightlife.

Nice hostel with a generally good atmosphere. The owner decided to turn the main courtyard into a workshop during my stay so that there was drilling and the sawing of wood long in to the evening which was very annoying. There are only two bathrooms and the only toilets are in those bathrooms which is a major problem. There was also definitely a strange smell in the main dorm room, probably caused by the cat.

Someone has to make those amazing bunks you slept in! =P In all seriousness, while we never worked past 8pm I do apologize for the mess. The main woodwork is done, and things definitely won't be as noisy. I'm sorry about the restroom situation as well. As soon as we can do something about it, we will. The smell was definitely not the cat. She stays outside. Humidity is a problem in the region, and unfortunately showers are optional at our Hostel. David Uribe - Hostel Ka'beh

Warning. This is the loudest hostel I have ever stayed at. When I called for directions I was told to follow and listen for the music. When I arrived it was louder or as loud as a disco. Basically it is a disco. The worst part is the music continued until 12:30 am. I was very tired and all I wanted was to sleep but I couldn't. I repeat: Loud music until 12:30am. Next day I am surprised that the guests have to complain to the staff to turn the music down and not the other way around.

Yes. If you find something is wrong, the easiest way 2 fix it, is 2 let us know that you feel that way. Sending anon. txt msgs 2 our personal phones is definitely NOT the way 2 communicate your opinion or 2 get a reasonable solution 2 your problem. While we may have screwed up on assuring that the music wasn't as loud as it was, we are normally DEFINITELY a Hostel where people can sleep or party if they wish. I'd also like 2 remind everyone that we ARE in Cancun + parties happen often

Awesome atmosphere! They make you feel at home, the staff are great. I really enjoyed my stay there..

Great fun in a nicer quieter place of cancun, right near delicious 15 peso tortas. Excellent staff, Tom and yaz are a great laugh and Lao is there for anything the guests need. Yeww

Probably one of the best hostels I have stayed in so far! Feels like a home not just somewhere to stay. Staff are lovely, Tom is excellent at everything and Christina and Jaz are so helpful! I'll be back :)

• 28th Nov 2013

Best Hostel I've ever stayed at. Anniek, Leo, Yas and Tom where amazing. The hammocks were an amazing touch. Breakfast at anytime is the best ever. No checkout time is definitely a breath of fresh air.

excelent staff..............all of them are great......owner must increase their salary...at least for Leonor.

• 21st Nov 2013