Hostel Ka'beh Cancun Reviews

Alcatraces 45 SM. 22 Mza. 10 L. 26, Retorno 5, Cancun, Mexico

Hostel Ka'beh is a sweet hostel. So much so that I returned for a second visit this year. The staff are all lovely and go above and beyond to make sure you have a pleasant stay. There are nightly goings on so there is always the opportunity to go out and party but you can also just lay in a hammock all night if that is more your vibe. Bottom line - if you have any reservations about staying here, simply don't.

As a solo traveler, I was looking for a hostel option where I could meet fellow travelers and in a comfortable environment. The staff are extremely friendly and welcoming, and there are activities daily at night to create a family/community feel. This hostel is perfect for those solo or group travelers who want a convenient location to party. The hostel is very well geared to the party attitude and atmosphere. If you are not at all interested in partying in Cancun, I don't think this hostel is

• 17th Oct 2015

Staff are so super helpful - when the airline lost my luggage they helped me out so much! Nice rooms with air con and really good new bunks! Really fun hostel!

This hostel is great and full of lovely people working there, creating a great vibe.

• 14th Oct 2015

The place was under construction when I stayed, so I think the noise etc. affected a few things, but once I got out of the second building (my room had no windows and got stiflingly hot, the shower was weak, and there wasn't a mirror anywhere in the second building) and into the main building, things got WAY better. Lovely hangout area, fun staff, excellent breakfast options, a convenient location...turned out to be a great experience! Thanks, guys :)

This was the first stop on my trip and it was great. The staff were friendly, knowledgeable and nothing was to much trouble. The common area was nice, with with hammoks for relaxing and a long table eating/drinking around. There was also something going on every night which meant, as someone traveling alone, you felt welcome and included in the group from the start. The hostel was cleaned every so the common area and bathrooms were always nice and presentable. See you next time I'm in Cancun.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at! They strike a great balance by having events on every night (Tequila jenga, potluck, etc) but also ensure there is peace and quiet in the rooms for people who want to rest. The staff are amazing and knowledgeable and will literally plan your day for you (I did trips to Isla Mujeres and Chichen Itza). Located downtown so you have to get a bus to go to Playa Delphines and the hotel district but they're easy enough to navigate! Great cheap food close by.

Super friendly hostal in a great downtown location. Has a lovely little courtyard where you can't help but feel at home. Very sociable atmosphere but the dorms are quiet enough to sleep well. I was unfotunately sickon my last day here and the owner even took the time to take me to the bus station so I didn't have to walk. Would highly reccomend.

I originally booked in for a couple of days, but ended up staying for a week. This was partly due to the great facilities, cleanliness and chilled out hammocks, but mostly because of the amazing staff and great people. The only issue with Ka'beh is that its near impossible to leave

• 1st Oct 2015

I stayed in a 6 bed mixed dorm, the room was too small and there wasn't enough room for everyone's luggage so the room was a mess. The rooms have air con at night which was good, but no fans so during the day the room would heat up and stinky clothes and people with no ventilation made it smell like feet. The inside common area also had no fan, but Netflix which was good and the outside space was great and with a nice atmosphere. The staff were helpful and knowledgeable on the area.

Cool place with friendly and dedicated staff. Breakfast is nice and lots of entertainment options Had a pair of shorts nicked though which was annoying

Awesome hostel, just as described on Hostelworld. Facilities were clean & adequate. Staff were exceptionally helpful & friendly & we felt right at home the moment we arrived. Would definitely stay here again.

Really helpful and friendly staff, and great location. A met a lot of good people there. The hostel had a lot of great amenities. Would recommend to someone traveling to Cancun.

• 19th Sep 2015

Staff are very clichey, unhelpful and can be rude. Occasionally made to feel unwelcome. Good location and did meet some nice people but did not help in making us feel less unwelcome!

It's a shame you didn't enjoy your time with us, but it's unanimous: We answered tons of your questions + helped you book a number of activities whilst you were here. We all tried to involve the 3 of you over the 5 days you stayed, but you made it impossible. In fact, the only time you seemed to want to socialize with anyone else was when you invited a dozen locals into the Hostel that we had to remove for being noisy + disruptive. Clearly you didn't appreciate that. Hostel Ka'beh

Hostel Ka'beh became like a second home. The staff are very friendly and helpful. There is always a great vibe to the place and you can really make it what you want - either place to chill or to party. Thanks to all the staff - Charlie, Jack, Kris, Stefi, David, Elena & Dengue - and all the awesome people I met, for turning my 3 night stay into a 2 week one! Will definitely be back and highly recommend.

it s one of the most friendly places I ve ever been. Thank you Charlie and the venezuelan guy (sorry, forgot completely your name), and it is perfect have no time for breakfast... thanks a lot.

The hostel´s got all you need. it´s clean, comfortable, small and welcoming and the people and staff are very nice. need to take the bus when going to one of the beaches, but the main street is very close and you can reach every spot fast and easily. ADO long-distance bus station and a little square with food are very close, too. can only recommend the hostel!

• 11th Sep 2015

Nice place to stay when zoo want a party holiday in cancun. Everybody is into drinking at every night, so if you want to relax it might be the wrong place. They have a lovely outdoor area and a lovely crew. The breakfast is okay zoo can decide between diffrent options toast+jam/toast+eggs/oats/waffles.

The hostel had a great atmosphere and friendly helpful staff. I liked that there was a nightly event that brought everyone together in the evening. My one criticism would be that I felt a bit pressured to go on the nights out to Coco Bongo etc which I didn't really feel like. The dorms and bathrooms were decent although fairly small.

Upon checking in I felt right at home. The staff made sure that I was going to have a good time. This is an amazing hostel to stay at, Kris and Charlie know how to party. The air con was so good at night time. Don't leave Cancun without going to coco bongo!

• 6th Sep 2015