Hostel Kankun Reviews

YAXCHILAN AVENUE /END MARAÑON STREET # 26, Cancun, Mexico

Wow! The place did not look like photos. We had no choice so we stayed. This place is very dirty, not sanitary, health hazard. The sheets were dirty, the room was infested with bed bugs and/or fleas. it was two women and a baby. We did not dare to shower. The place has soo much potential with just a deep cleaning. The kitchen appliancea were very very old, no knobs on stove. rusted dirty refrigerator, minimal cookware. I wouls not reccomend staying here because of the bed bugs/fleas.

This hostel was absolutely disgusting. Everything was just gross and needed to be cleaned. The bathroom and kitchen were extremely dirty. The people staying there were very strange. The owner was nice, but that was about it. I was only in Cancun for 1 night to catch a plane the next morning, so I thought this cheap place would be fine for one night, but I would have rather spent a little more to feel clean. My sister even cut her leg on a rusty nail sticking straight out of her bed.

Can't really expect much more from a $5 a night hostel! Very basic which is no problem but the whole place was pretty filthy, especially the bathrooms! Wifi was ok and the owner was actually nice and helpful but wouldn't stay here again!

Do you really need a feedback for a 5 usd hostel ??????

It needs renovation in general

• 6th May 2014
  • Spain

The stay is good., the place is average but it is worth the 5.00 dollars daily. I would have loved to have newer dishes and better working refrigerator and stove. but like I said is worth the money paid.

• 12th Apr 2014

In the description area for the hostel I read: "Do not expect any luxury" ... so I kept that in mind and with that being said before hand an according to the price they actually met my expectations. A very quiet place, simple but accomodating. The bus station is very close, 10 mins walking distance from there and if you get to the main road can take a bus to go to the beach area for 9 pesos and 50 cents (around $0.80) In general I am satisfied with the serice!

• 30th Mar 2014

Que rico de quedarse en tu hostal! Te recuerdas de mi? Nelly del cuarto de arriba que uso tu sombrerito por el sol..... Pues queria decirte que la experiencia fue muy linda y que espero que te vallas bien amigo! Con mucho quarino, Nelly

• 19th Mar 2014

Me and my partner stayed her for just under two weeks at the end of a 4 month backpacking trip through Central America, definitely one of the better, cheap hostels we've stayed in. Functional kitchen, showers, fridge. And very cheap!

• 19th Mar 2014

It's not worth the money... It's a really crappy and dirty place, located at the end of a dark lonely street. It's not really a hostel cuz I think there's ppl actually living here (old weird ppl).

• 9th Mar 2014
  • Mexico

Very good option for that money. We had a simple but private room for 10 USD Hostel is 7 minutes walking distance from av.Tulum where u can catch 9.50 MXN bus R-1 to the beach area (Zona Hotelera) and 10 minutes to ADO bus station where you can conveniently reach airport or other places in the country. Hostel is 3-storeyed mansion with a big kitchen on a 2nd floor. Staff friendly but not annoying. Only for those who doesn't seek smth extraordinary. As a real budget place it was good.

Situated in quite enough (for mexicans) area of the Cancun town.