Hostel Kasa Guane Reviews

Calle 49 #28- 21, Bucaramanga, Colombia

Good location. Staff was helpful. Nice chill out lounge area on the top floor. Noisy on Friday and Saturday nights though because this becomes a bar area open to the public. The rest of the week it was okay.

staff is very friendly and helpful, I had an excellent stay

• 26th Jul 2014

A very homey hostel situated in the best part of Bucaramanga. Friendly and attentive staff plus a nice social vibe! A lot of activities to take part in, or if you prefer you can just hang out in the lovely balcony. They offer nice food at daytime

• 24th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

Pleased with neighbourhood and helpfulness of staff. Had we been planning any activities in the area, we would have booked through this hostel.

• 7th Jul 2014

Stayed there for about one week and I really liked it! Think it's one of the best hostels you can find in Bucaramanga!

Good location and a great rooftop terrace.

The best thing was the 24-hour manned front desk. Poor value relates to the double room. We paid just COP$20,000 (US$10) more for a much cleaner and more modern 3-star hotel in Bogata.

I was mostly concerned about the fact that the entrance to the upstairs bar was right next to the stairs leading to the rooms . The 8-bed dorm was incredibly cramped compared to all the one's I've been staying at which was a little disappointing.

There's a chill bar with events on most nights and very popular among locals. The rooms are separated so it's easy to isolate oneself from the bar noise. Best day to be there is on Saturday when you can volunteer for "Goles por la Paz" which is a foundation that helps underprivileged kids spend there Saturdays in a constructive way by playing soccer, making art, and conversing with positive influences.

This hostel was very average. Maybe I just had bad luck, but the atmosphere was terrible. The staff were pleasant enough, although they did give me some seriously dodgy directions. Also someone stole my food out of the fridge. A good hostel if you're planning on being in Bucaramanga for over a week, otherwise give the city a miss.

Great place ! We stayed only one night so did not see much bet they have a patio with live music that was cool !

Very friendly staff and well run.

• 29th Apr 2014

Thank you for your comment and review sir, you're welcome to come back anytime.

Great hostel with most rooms away from the bar area. Good atmosphere in the bar. Well equipped kitchen. Good location near to great restaurants and nightlife. 15min walk to downtown. Highly recommend.

Highly appreciated! Thanks a lot for your kind comments. This type of reviews are the best award for our daily effort to improve our services. We'll continue working to offer the best experience to our guests. Hopefully they'll all leave the hostel as happy and grateful as you guys. Thanks again.

The staff were very helpful and I loved the massive amounts of information regarding the region (maps & brochures). Lots of local activities to participate in. They have a nice patio upstairs to socialize. My only suggestion is to not allow smoking on the terrace because the smoke made the area unattractive and I was not sure if outsiders were allowed on the patio which could impact security.

Hello Eleanor, Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hostel and for your kind comments. We are happy to know you enjoyed your stay here. We work everyday to improve our services and we really appreciate all your suggestions.

The hostel was clean but the cleaning prouct used smelled strongly of petrol....so not very pleasant. Roof terrace and bar excellent, nicce atmosphere and really good paniis and mojitos :)

Hola , Thank you very much for your comment, reviews like yours have helped us to improve our services. We are glad you enjoyed your stay in the hostel and that you liked our famous Mojitos, you and your friends are welcome to come back anytime.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Neighborhood was safe and clean. Good value for the money.

Hi thank you very much for your comment and review, we keep improving every day to have happy and grateful guests as you.

I only stopped in the town to break up a journey to the coast - and this appeared to be the only real choice of hostel. I can only really say that it's a hostel which serves the purpose of providing cost effective and safe accommodation to backpackers. Of all the hostels you'll stay in whilst travelling this will be one which is most easily forgettable as it's not particularly good or particularly bad - you arrive, sleep, and leave.