Hostel Katowice Centrum

7.7
Very Good 428 Total Reviews

12th Sep 2017
6.9

Stayed one night. Positive: free huge lockers, large rooms, perfect location. Negative: staff's English and number of showers are limited.

22nd Aug 2017
4.6

I got robbed in this hostel. I always leave the locker keys in my pants which I put in my bed when I sleep. The keys were extracted and someone opened my locker and robbed me from the equivalent of 100 euros to my sunglasses, even my deodorant. Presumably was some drunk old bald man, who didn't speak english and seem to be known by the staff. The other guys in the room asked to change room and only the girl was saved. When I informed that I was robbed, the staff didn't do anything at all.

• Netherlands, Female, 18-24
22nd Aug 2017
6.0

If you really need a place in Katowice to stay for one night, maybe you could book this hostel, but I wouldn't recommend to go here to have a good time. The hostel is very basic and quite boring; not at all a nice place to meet other people. It's more a hotel-like feeling. Also in my room there was a drunk guy bothering me, the receptionist did give me another room but I didn't feel very save that night. Only advantage is that there's lockers, it's in the city center and it's cheap.

• nicoleanouk8678
  • Netherlands, Couple, 31-40
20th Aug 2017

Very conveniently located, right behind the train station and with the mini buss to the airport right next to it. Nice rooms, and bonus for couples: they have actual double beds! (Not two pushed together).

15th Aug 2017
5.7

The location is great, but after dark (and sometimes even during the day) you can see some strange faces around the hostel. The showers and the toilets are in need of a good cleaning. Not enough showers. Not enough sockets for everybody to charge their phones.

15th Aug 2017

Great location by the train station and also close to the main square. Clean room and bathrooms. Friendly and helpful staff. Balcony outside our room - which was nice (except when people went out there to smoke and refused to shut the door - so the awful smell came right back in the room). Overall a nice place to stay.

• sophiechaleil77
  • France, Mixed Group, 31-40
14th Aug 2017
6.0

Clean, parking opposite but very noisy inside the hostel. Expect to be waking up early, 6h30... and late night sleep.

• Romania, All Female Group, 25-30
12th Aug 2017

Katowice is not a touristic spot. So do take into consideration the fact that this is a local hostel. There are a lot of Polish (surprisingly old) people who do not speak English that do their stopovers to clean themselves and their clothes here. We felt a bit insecure due to this atmosphere and asked to change the rooms. The girls from the reception we're really nice and for a small amount difference we got a room just for ourselves and felt much better.

10th Aug 2017
8.0

A handy place to stay, next to the station. However, the showers either didn't work or were sometimes cold. The hostel had a higher ratio than usual of older Poles.

• Wales, All Male Group, 25-30
8th Aug 2017
6.3

Great location, literally around the corner from the train station. The hostel itself was very basic. There wasn't really any information I've come to expect when staying at a hostel, such as local area maps and leaflets with info on restaurants, activities etc. I was told upon arrival that the wifi didn't work. The shower was slimy underfoot and there was a sign saying please clean after use. Clean with what exactly, my own towel? Staff weren't very helpful.

×