Hostel Kokopelli Reviews

Calle Berlin 259, Lima, Peru

Not nearly as scenic as the one in Cuzco, it is however a good choice if wanting to spend a few days in Lima. Just 10m walk from two Metropolitano bus stops and right in the heart of Miraflores.

Superfriendly staff, great atmosphere, nice rooftop bar, good breakfast, huge lockers!

Kokopelli is your average backpackers hostel. It's full of young guests, has a festive vibe, access to a kitchen, computers available, etc. But the "private bathroom" is actually across the hall from the room, some of the staff are volunteers who work in exchange for free board, and it cost appx $30 a night once you add in the taxes and airport ride. That's not so cheap!

• 7th Jul 2014

Atmosphere was a bit dark... Hot water all the time.

The shared bathroom was a bit grungy there were mystery fluids left on the toilet seat. But had great WiFi

There was water break for while so toilets and shower didn´t work.

The best hostel I have stayed at!!

Comfortable beds and delicious breakfast. Toilets didn't work for a couple of hours when we were there and like everythin in Miraflores it's also quite expensive. But all in all had a very good stay.

chilled out hostel, bar is very quiet during the day but picks up at night. good breakfast provided, dorm rooms are clean and beds pretty comfortable. good location in Miraflores, close to bars restaurants supermarket etc. well equipped kitchen, thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would recommend it.

Kokopelli is a great hostel. I've stayed here on various occasions over the past three years and have consistently enjoy my experience. The location is unbeatable, the rooms are clean, beds comfortable and staff friendly. I always meet interesting folks at the rooftop bar and would recommend staying here to anyone. Don't think twice, just book and be happy!

• 8th Jun 2014

This is a fun place. I was traveling alone for work and it was nice to chat with people at the bar and make some new friends. My room was spectacular, with a balcony overlooking the street and an entire wall of windows looking out onto it. Actually very beautiful for utilitarian hostel quarters!

• 8th May 2014

I was expecting my stay at Kokopeli to be really difficult but I booked it because there was nothing else available and was expecting a party hostel. Well it was not that bad... the noise is not that bad, at least when I was there it was weekdays, I slept very peacefully, and I'm fussy on that level. It was very clean, my sheets smelled like clean linen, the bathrooms were clean... and the staff was helpful. Did not enjoy their parties on the rooftop, looked like college frat party.

It's a good hostel to stay a pair of nights. If you want to have a good party, go upstairs, the bar is a good choice and drinks are given for a fair price. I think it's a good place with an excellent location.

Perfect located Hostel. Direktly in Miraflores. Supermarket, Bars, Restaurnats, Beach - everythings very close. They accept Dollars and Cards.

The hostel is nice, but really noisy. Need to put more signs of the silent zones, so drunk people will respect the dorms areas. The only night i stayed there was this group of drunk teenagers that was shouting in the dorms aisle and a member os staff was with them. I understand that the parties need to be just in the bar, so those who want to rest (myself), can have a good night sleep.

Good hostel, nice staff! Helped me with some camera problems. Showers are good, but a few for quite some people. Breakfast is good. Location is okay, but the dorms on street side are noisy until late.

I couldn't believe how cheap our stay was, considering how great the facilities were. Also, the location was in perfect walking distance with the major tourist section of Mira Flores. Plus, you get EGGS with breakfast!

• 12th Apr 2014

If you have tried Kokopelli before, you will know what to expect. If not, I can tell you that the focus is heavily on the bar part of the hostel and of course you have to be in the mood for that. Super nice staff, and we were able to get same day laundry service even though we in the afternoon. Nice clean basic private room, a little noisy - but you would of course expect that from a city center hostel. Good location.

Kokopelli Lima is a fantastic friendly hostel. i had a blast there & met so many lovely people including the staff. This was the 2nd Kokopelli hostel i stayed in the 1st being in Paracass which was awesome aswell. keep it up guys your doing an amazing job : )

• 5th Apr 2014

Pretty good location if you looking to be in the middle of the action. My wife and I had a room which opened onto the street and was also below the roof top bar. Needless to say it was very noisy and not really comfortable. Also the room was pretty airless and only had a ceiling fan for comfort. Nice enough but not for me. You get what you pay for I guess! Melbourne Australia

• 27th Mar 2014