Hostel Kokopelli Reviews

Calle Berlin 259, Lima, Peru

The place itself was alright, however the staff are rude and unhelpful. Every-time you ask a question it is as though you are offending them. And they try to secretly charge you for everything, a towel and soap for example. They also boasted a locker however they charge you for the lock. The word 'locker' implies it has a lock, however I was mislead. I was going to stay for a week, however due to me feeling unwelcome I left after a day. There are way better hostels in Miraflores.

• 30th Jan 2016

It was easy to meet people in Kokopelli in Lima, because everyone hung out in the common area upstairs and the hostel itself was relatively small. The people I met tended to be very friendly, including the staff, who were very accommodating and warm.

• 27th Jan 2016

Great social hostel with rooftop bar they had lots going on. Brilliant wifi even in dorms. The beds were comfy and rooms were quiet. Dorms could do with having more plug points. There weren't many in the female 6 bed, but I know the 8 bed had plug points in lockers. Bathrooms weren't the cleanest but were manageable. The shower was tiny and quite claustrophobic but has hot water. Friendly staff and fast laundry service available. Great location near to loads of restraints and bars/clubs.

incredibly noisy. loudest hostel I've stayed at in 6 months of traveling. people shout in the bar and th common areas until 3am, then people get up to go hiking at 4am. didn't sleep for 2 nights.

It was a nice stay, with friendly and very helpful staffs. I stayed in Female Bed Dorm and it was okay, the only problem being the room was quite hot since it was summer. There is a share bathroom inside the room so it was a plus point. The location was great, very near to Parque Kennedy and within walking distance to the beach. The hot water and internet worked perfectly well.

• 15th Jan 2016
  • Indonesia

Very nice hostel with great security and location, the staff is also very friendly and they will try to assist you if you have any problems. The only negative is the lack of toilettes but that goes for almost all the hostels that I visited in the world so I guess you can't complain too much about that. Would deff come back.

Situated in the center of the social life of Miraflores, over an irish pub,it could be a little noisy until 1-2 a,m, and then silent and quiet. You can spend the night in the bar in the 3 floor in a friendly atmosphere, eat the simple free breakfast use the simple kitchen, the good wifi and the 2 free computers. Frequently cleaned by the good staff. It's a good place to enjoy the good life of this area of the town.

Best location in the heart of Miraflores, the best neighborhood in Lima.

• 12th Jan 2016

Located in the heart of Miraflores (the nicer district of Lima in my opinion) so easy to get to many places - dorm room didn't have many powerpoints though. Lockers were a decent size, facilities good with good bathroom. Rooftop bar was awesome! Easy to get to downtown via the bus - ~10-15min walk to the closest bus station and from there, straight to Jiro de la Union for the centre of downtown. Taxi to and from airport ~50 soles. :-)

Kokopelli has not disappointed me so far. This hostel has great energy and the staff working here at this time get a large portion of the credit. Beauiful woman and great music add to the equation as well. And travelers from all parts. I highly recommend this hostel to anybody looking for a good party or a chill time, it's strikes an odd balance of the too. However I am staying on the second floor and the people on the third may find it a little to loud though I haven't heard the complaint.

• 4th Jan 2016

I had a really nice time there. The pce is well located, the sataff helpful. It is also clean, what is important for me. The only thing I was annoyed is that there weren't many places to suit your things while you have shower, the could do some shelves, hehe, but it is all. haha

Was only there for New Year's Eve but had a good time. The staff are really helpful. Good bar atmosphere. Good location. Good experience.

Nice place to stay, really great rooftop terrace, staff is friendly, good breakfast included in the price, and conveniently located in Miraflores. Overall a really pleasant stay.

Good staff and very nice crowd. Helped us out a lot when we had problems booking a bus and generally recommended good activities to do during the day. Located extremely well. Would stay again

• 29th Dec 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Clean environment, lovely staff and excellent location in a bohemian neighbourhood. however, it would be best if breakfast started earlier than 7h30, and the faucets in the toilets were changed by different ones that do not need to be pressed.

I was there for 2 days (monday, and friday) First time, there was no hot water (they noticed on the bathroom door) Second time, there was NO water at all! Even no flushing.. And the girl at the front didnt mention about anything with the water problem when we checked in She didnt explain anything until I found out and asked her(no sign whatsoever) It was not hostel's problem, it was the problem of the entire area, but i still think that she should mention about the water before we checking in

Fantastic!

Very well located hostel in the heart of Miraflores. Nice bar, open to the public. Bathroom facilities could be better. Breakfast was very average.

Great experience. A bit of a party hostel but you can relax as well. Staff were very helpful with booking busses and tours. Stayed at their other place in Paracas too- which has the most amazing vibe. Overall a perfect experience.

Only issue I had with the place was that it was quite noisy at night. I only got 1 hours sleep the night before my macchu pichu trek due to music being played in adjacent rooms. I also struggled to sleep much before an early flight due to music from downstairs in the hostel being played late. Other than that the hostel is setup and run very well