Hostel Kokopelli Reviews

Calle Berlin 259, Lima, Peru

Kokopelli Lima is a fantastic friendly hostel. i had a blast there & met so many lovely people including the staff. This was the 2nd Kokopelli hostel i stayed in the 1st being in Paracass which was awesome aswell. keep it up guys your doing an amazing job : )

• 5th Apr 2014

Pretty good location if you looking to be in the middle of the action. My wife and I had a room which opened onto the street and was also below the roof top bar. Needless to say it was very noisy and not really comfortable. Also the room was pretty airless and only had a ceiling fan for comfort. Nice enough but not for me. You get what you pay for I guess! Melbourne Australia

• 27th Mar 2014

Great if you don't want to sleep but the traffic and bars outside were real loud .

If you're unlike me, and can function without ANY sleep, and want to party every night then this is the place for you. Rooms are so hot so unless you're comfortable sleeping in a sauna you have to open the window/door, and once that is open the street and bar downstairs is sooooooo loud it's crazy. After a few almost completely sleep deprived nights we cracked and checked out earlier than expected.. Other than that it's a fairly decent place. Breakfast very basic.

Good hostel keeping up with the kokopelli name!

An acceptable hostel: in a good location and the smaller dorms are good. I like the fact that there is a socket in your locker. Unfortunately, the breakfast lady was hostile to meeach morning despite me being polite, smiling, greeting her and asking how she was in Spanish. It made me feel very unwelcome. The bar is good, however, if they to allow outside guests in to the bar, they should allow you to hold a key to the dorm room as I was not sure my belongings would be safe. Wifi is patchy.

Great hostel if you are looking to party and meet people. Roof top bar is open till about 1am and then bars on the Street are also open.

Must visit for graffiti enthusiasts. Beautiful decoration everywhere. Very well located near the JFK Park. Super central. Rooms are simple but clean. Same for showers. And finally, a real hot shower after a month traveling around. Don't go there on Thur, Fri or Sat if you want an early sleep. The bars and crowd downstairs as well as the traffic can be pretty noisy. Staff was nice, showed us to our room, booked a cheap taxi to the airport for us, etc.

I thought the staff were brilliant - really friendly, helpful and patient. I also liked the room I stayed in - I was in a girls only dorm and this was perfect for my first stop off as a lone traveller in Peru. It was great to have the option of partying in the rooftop bar if you wanted, but to also be able to chill out away from the hecticness of the city (and the bar!) in the dorm.

• 23rd Nov 2013

It was ok, not good not bad.

Overall a reasonably good experience. Have given a poor for cleanliness because on weekends the guest toilets were used by bar users which resulted in some pretty repulsive scenes to wake up to for your morning wee, especially as they weren't cleaned til late morning. Staff are excellent and helpfull, wifi was always at a more than decent speed and the building overall was beautiful with all the cool art. Private room was very accommodating. This place would suit even those who are a bit fussy.

Very nice place to stay, you get what you pay for. Familiar atmosphere, clean and good location! We will come back! :)

• 11th Nov 2013
  • Sweden

The "private" bathroom is a joke... it's a room outside with other bathrooms, which you have a key for your "private" one. Ridiculous. The guy staff at night was VERY rude, I have asked ( don't remember his name ) if a pub was near by foot and he answered laughting with other friends that was 1 hour to there, and I had to take a taxi. So I searched it in Foursquare and realized it was 10 minutes walking...

Best place for party and meeting people..Worst place for relaxing..Small rooms (the private baths are outside of the rooms), but great roof bar !!