Hostel Komatsu Ueno Station Reviews

7-2-21Ueno Taito-Ku, Tokyo, Japan

This is not my first time that I stayed at this hostel. The toilets really need to be cleaned. They smell very bad, you have to hold your breath if you want to use them. I had to use the toilets at the JR station every day before I went back to the hostel. I stayed here for 5 nights and was given only one small towel for the whole period.

I don't reccommend staying here on Friday-Saturday-Sunday night because this area will be very noisy from the drunk and garbage pickups. You will have trouble getting sleep. Also, the toilets really need to be cleaned. Otherwise this hostel is in a good location, very convenient for getting around.

The staff were incredible!!!!! We experienced gracious hospitality everywhere we traveled in Japan, but these hosts were above and beyond! It is also incredibly convenient to Ueno station, which is a major station to get just about anywhere in Tokyo and beyond.

• 9th May 2015

Thank you for staying at our hostel . Thank you for feeling that our staff were incredible. And,our location is incredibly convenient to Ueno Staiton. Your review make our old women and man very happy. Thank you very much. We hope that you will come back to Japan, and , stay our hostel again. Thank you for your a heart-warming review. Best Regards.

A little bit small but still comfy good location

• 14th Apr 2015
  • Thailand

Thank you for staying at our hostel . Thank you that our location is good. We hope that you will come back to Japan, and , stay our hostel again. Best Regards.

The building interior needs a thorough painting and general upgrades. While it seems to be clean enough, the dinginess of the walls throughout made it feel dirty. Location feels unsafe, but is very convenient to the train station that links directly to the airport in 36 minutes, so that was an upside. I was traveling with my 15 year old niece and was not willing to leave her in the room alone.

• 11th Apr 2015

Thank you for staying at our hostel . Thank you for feel that you think our location is very convenient from airport. Thank you for your a frankly reiew. We try to make up clean more as possible as we can. Best Regerd

The hotel stay throughout was good. The location of the hostel was a little hard to find initially, and the signage was small as well. The hostel stay location, however, was a little noisy at night as people are drunk and making a lot of noises. Noises from neighbour was also quite clear. Although it was a no smoking hostel, however, cigarette smell can also be detected quite a number of time. Other than that, the overall stay was good without any bad memories. Thank you.

• 27th Mar 2015
  • Singapore

Thank for staying in our hostl at this time. Thank you for write that the overall staly was good without any bad memories. We hope that you will come back to Japan, and , stay our hostel again. Thank you for your a heart-warming review. Best Regards.

Great location. Not well sign posted. Quite dirty and damp. Expensive for what u get. Rooms were cold. Shower is Japan style- first night in Tokyo having a shower next to a naked Japanese woman. Straight into the traditional with a shock. Good job I'm not prude!!! I'm normally easily satisfied and travel a lot but I doildnt recommend this place

Thank you for staying at our hostel. We are very sorry for making you unhappy from our Cleanliness is too bad. Thank you for your lankly review. We try to make our hostel more clean. Anyway we are very sorry that we make you bad feeling. Best Regarads

Awesome location, great price, decent rooms. The old lady in charge of the place is super sweet, but speaks 0 English. She always seems to be awake. However, the toilets are co-ed and the showers are old and only open early in the morning or from 7-12 midnight. If that doesn't bother you, than it's a fantastic place to stay.

Thank you for staying at our hostel . Thank for staying in our hostl at this time. Thank you for feel that the old lady in charge of the place is super sweet. Thank you for writing that awesome location, great price, decent rooms. We try to make clean shared bath room and washrooms more. We hope that you will come back to Japan, and , stay our hostel again. Thank you for your a heart-warming review. Best Regards.