Hostel Krumlov House Reviews

Rooseveltova 68, Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic

The bathroom connected to my unit smelled musty, but I think that was likely due to a lodger's old towel being left in there and not any cleanliness issue on the part of Hostel Krumlov House. The location was well-located--near the bus station for entering and leaving town and a close walk to the Old Town portion of CK, but far enough from the main road and the center of town to be quiet.

Its a very cool place and the 6 dorms room was spacious! But try to pay in Czech Crouns because the they charged me mpre when i payed in Euros (bad exchange rate).

It's hard to tell wether it is Krumlov House or its staff that are most charming. We felt very welcomed from the minute we stepped through their amazing dragon door. The staff were very keen on guiding us to the best Česky Krumlov had to offer and we felt like we got to do most of what the town has to offer during our short stay. I recommend this place very much!

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Norway

Great little hostel for a quiet and cozy stay in Cesky Krumlov. Not much drinking going on in the hostel, probably best to choose other hostels in town if you're a solo traveler and looking to go out.

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Thailand

Cesky Krumlov is a must if you have some extra time to spend in Czech. The small quaint town is relaxing, breathtaking, and the people are very friendly. The Krumlov House made our stay as enjoyable as possible. The apartment we stayed in was our favourite after travelling Europe for a month. Would recommend.

Great place to stay

Very nice hostel and the staff are very helpful. The common area is nice and comfortable. Everything was very clean and the hostel was within walking distance of the main square

Just perfect is all I want to say

This was a really nice hostel and it felt abit like home. The rooms were not bunk beds which was really nice but the amount of bathrooms per person made a 10 am checkout quite difficult, especially if you have to change rooms.

Great get away from the big city. Just the rest we needed. Even got to go tubing down the river which was awesome!! Definitely recommend :-)

A phenomenal place! Such a cozy atmosphere, great staff, family-like experience overall. Dorm bathroom was not super clean, but everything else was great.

Thanks for your rave review and honest comment. I'll make sure we check in on the dorm bathrooms more than twice a day during the river rafting season, as it's true that all it takes is one muddy river swimmer to leave a mess. Happy travels, Carolyn, Krumlov House

Adorable place, fantastic location & amazing gourmet breakfast. Will definitely stay here again & would highly recommend.

Friendly staff & lovely place

• 16th Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

We had a great stay in Krumlov House. The staff was very friendly and following their recommendations we had great fun in this fantastic little beautiful town. Hostel was great value for money, clean, fantastic atmosphere, nice breakfast - 5 stars from Iceland!

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Iceland

Absolutely amazing and probably one of the best hostels we have ever stayed in. The couple that owns the place are the nicest people ever and are so helpful. They give you a hand made map with a bunch of tips on the back which is really helpful. We rented tubes from them and went down the river which was really fun! Thanks for everything!

Staff was soooo kind, but room wasn't clean. No bedbug but too many fly. Next my bed, next my table, fly was dried. It's so terruble! House was great rocation, kind staff, low fee, a lot of great but not clean room.

Hi there, I'm so sorry you encountered a few dead flies during your stay with us. We will ask guests to keep all windows closed so this unfortunate and frightening situation doesn't happen again. Might I suggest you buy some bug spray for the rest of your travels? I'm sure you can ask someone to appropriately dispose of their horrid little bodies. Be safe. It's a scary world out there.

I really enjoyed my stay here. It's not a typical hostel, very small and homely, like staying in with a big family. Karen and Brendon (the staff) were awesome. Recommend the tubing - it is really great fun. Overall I recommend.

Beside Carol the Australian girl. The other staff didn't even know I am exist.

Hi there, I'm sorry you felt that way, but sometimes it's a bit awkward if the staff can't communicate in your language and they're unsure of your English language skills. What you perceive as the staff ignoring you, is more likely the staff assuming you can't speak English or Czech, and their desire to not make it more awkward for you. However, I'm sure if you approached the staff with any question or need they would have made sure you were taken care of.

I booked one night here for my girlfriend and me and ended up spending two nights here. I The atmosphere is very warm and friendly, the hostel comfortable and inviting, and the staff both knowledgeable and welcoming. We stayed in one of the private rooms, then the second night in the apartment by the owners' house. While I can, I intend to visit Krumlov House frequently. A home away from home!

The most famous hostel in Cesky Krumlov, and indeed very well organised (e.g., quick responses over e-mail, people were native speakers of English, they have lists of things for you to do, wifi worked fine, etc.). The hostel itself is very nice as well - an older house, but relatively modern interior, loads of space to socialise, nice big kitchen. There were no bunk beds and that was nice too. All in all a very neat hostel, that I would recommend to people. Short walk from the centre.

« first « Prev 1 2 3