Hostel Krumlov House Reviews

Rooseveltova 68, Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic

An amazing hostel! From the minute you walk in you feel like you are being welcomed into the family. Carolyn was amazing. She sat down with me and went through the map to point out all the great places to see and eat. All the staff were extremely helpful with hiking ideas and really knew the area. The hostel has a great cozy atmosphere and really does feel like a home away from home. I wish every place I've stayed at over my 3 months in Europe has been like Krumlov house.

Very homely! Smaller hostels generally have much more personable staff, and this place was certainly a great example of that, giving it a bit of a B&B feel. Completely arranged my transport for me and let me know the best places to see & eat at. A small downside might be that the dorm is fairly open-plan, so doesn't necessarily afford as much privacy as hostels with bunks & curtains. My only other small issue would be that the carpet conceals a bit of an unexpected bump!

Hey there! Glad to hear you enjoyed it. However, we specifically told you to watch out for the "bump" in the carpet. It is now properly installed, with no bumps, so come and visit us again and luxuriate on the soft floor :) We also mentioned that we took away a wall in the room to install the carpet, so that it was a bit more "open plan" than before. But bunks and curtains? Ew. You can have 'em! Take good care, Krumlov House

Two nights was not enough in this amazing hostel, the staff and their incredibly useful advice and maps is really what makes this place a great hostel! You can't go wrong by picking this small/cosy/cottage like hostel with a friendly atmosphere! Cheers and thank you Cal and Carolyn for your great advice!

You are so very welcome! We hope to see you here again someday! Love, Krumlov House

Nice place, really clean and it's made easy to meet new people. Carolyn (from the staff) was very helpful and had some good tips for restaurants and bars which would otherwise be impossible to find!

Krumlov house is such a cute hostel. Inside it's a picturesque old wooden cottage. It's conveniently located a 2min walk from the town centre and the staff there will give you all the advice needed on restaurants and other activities. It suits the feel of this town perfectly.

• 5th Feb 2014

This is one of those hostels that make you feel like you're at home from the moment you step inside.carolyn,the owner was so lovely,we got to check in as soon as we got there,even though it was 10am,and she sat down and went thru a map with us,telling us all the things to do here.great kitchen,really warm,no bunk beds,would definitely stay here again!

Everything here was perfect. We have been travelling for over a year and this place was incredible with fantastic hosts. Just go here!

awesome hostel!!

Awesome hostel!!

Krumlov House was like a retreat for me. From the moment I arrived I felt a sense of peace and rest. The bed was comfortable, wifi works well and bathrooms were clean. Loved the kitchen. It was clean and had everything you need (including condiments). Great location. Only 10min from the bus and so close to everything in Cesky. It didn't have a worn feel that a lot of hostels have, it more felt like a cosy beautiful home.

Everything was EXCELLENT, just had some slight problem with the shower that has poor water pressure and unstable water temperature. Other than that, BRILLIANT!

A personable hostel with a good, cheery vibe! Electrical power point and light above my bed didn't work which was inconvenient.

• 25th Dec 2013

They really have good service. Their interior surroundings is also awesome!

Great place! We simply loved it!!!!

Offer coffee and tea. Staff are very nice. Toilets are not good. Lovely kitchen. One thing is you cannot bring visitors. I and my new friends have to go out on Christmas night because of this and I dont like it.

Hi there, Sorry, we don't allow non-paying visitors to the hostel for security reasons, and especially when the house is full with guests. Giving us a 2 for Facilities is a laugh as you stayed and used the kitchen, shower, wifi, and watched DVDs until your late afternoon departure. Most hostels charge for that. We don't.

Very friendly staff. This hostel makes you feel like home. Good wifi.

Thanks! We hope you'll come visit us again someday! Cheers, Carolyn, Krumlov House

It's just everything you want

Happy and warm stay, thank you! :)

Great environment ! Staffs are very nice and helpful, and will tell us what kind of special events in this town today. Very clean place and good location,just 5 mins walk to old town. One of the best hostel I ever stayed.

View all Cesky Krumlov Hostels