Hostel Krumlov House Reviews

Rooseveltova 68, Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic

We had a great stay in Krumlov House. The staff was very friendly and following their recommendations we had great fun in this fantastic little beautiful town. Hostel was great value for money, clean, fantastic atmosphere, nice breakfast - 5 stars from Iceland!

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Iceland

Absolutely amazing and probably one of the best hostels we have ever stayed in. The couple that owns the place are the nicest people ever and are so helpful. They give you a hand made map with a bunch of tips on the back which is really helpful. We rented tubes from them and went down the river which was really fun! Thanks for everything!

Staff was soooo kind, but room wasn't clean. No bedbug but too many fly. Next my bed, next my table, fly was dried. It's so terruble! House was great rocation, kind staff, low fee, a lot of great but not clean room.

Hi there, I'm so sorry you encountered a few dead flies during your stay with us. We will ask guests to keep all windows closed so this unfortunate and frightening situation doesn't happen again. Might I suggest you buy some bug spray for the rest of your travels? I'm sure you can ask someone to appropriately dispose of their horrid little bodies. Be safe. It's a scary world out there.

I really enjoyed my stay here. It's not a typical hostel, very small and homely, like staying in with a big family. Karen and Brendon (the staff) were awesome. Recommend the tubing - it is really great fun. Overall I recommend.

Beside Carol the Australian girl. The other staff didn't even know I am exist.

Hi there, I'm sorry you felt that way, but sometimes it's a bit awkward if the staff can't communicate in your language and they're unsure of your English language skills. What you perceive as the staff ignoring you, is more likely the staff assuming you can't speak English or Czech, and their desire to not make it more awkward for you. However, I'm sure if you approached the staff with any question or need they would have made sure you were taken care of.

I booked one night here for my girlfriend and me and ended up spending two nights here. I The atmosphere is very warm and friendly, the hostel comfortable and inviting, and the staff both knowledgeable and welcoming. We stayed in one of the private rooms, then the second night in the apartment by the owners' house. While I can, I intend to visit Krumlov House frequently. A home away from home!

The most famous hostel in Cesky Krumlov, and indeed very well organised (e.g., quick responses over e-mail, people were native speakers of English, they have lists of things for you to do, wifi worked fine, etc.). The hostel itself is very nice as well - an older house, but relatively modern interior, loads of space to socialise, nice big kitchen. There were no bunk beds and that was nice too. All in all a very neat hostel, that I would recommend to people. Short walk from the centre.

Great hostel! Close to the bus station, lovely room and staff. They even give you a little map with lots of local hints. Best tip was to catch a student agency bus. Wish I'd known about them sooner!

One night stay in Krumlov house gave me fabulous experience. The view was wonderful and the map\ host instruction helped me a lot!

Location is quite good enough to go around this small town, just little outside though it doesn't matter at all. And the best friendly staff I've ever met on my travel, so helpful and always smile on everyone. Sincerely I wished there was my home:-) An english guy played old piano when the day I leave there, I'll never forget that time. Actually everything is old there but I prefer old one. If you are similar with me, super comfy atmosphere will waiting you. Absoultely I'd be stay here again.

• 24th Jun 2014
  • South Korea

The best hostel ever! great location, rooms, social room, kitchen; and no bunk beds! Inidividual beds. After hostelling for 2 months, this is a luxury! Staff are so nice, it feels like home.

The staff was incredibly helpful and friendly. The map with ideas on where to eat and check out was really great also. I really appreciated the pre check-in email with detailed instructions on how to get to the hostel and other useful information. I met the owners who were really lovely and I really enjoyed getting to talk with them and learn more about the history of the hostel. I met some really great people staying there too! All in all, a really wonderful experience, thanks.

• 18th Jun 2014

I had a great stay here! The staff were really friendly, especially Karen who provide some great tips on places to eat and see! The vibe at this hostel was really chill and relaxing, similar to to the town itself. I will definitely recommend this hostel to my friends!

Carolyn is really nice. The hostel is cozy and in a great location. The kitchen and den are large. Perfect for getting to know your fellow travelers. I would def recommend to my friends and family.

The attic room was lovely and the river view was great! Atmosphere is cosy and the location is very good (a short walk from the bus station). Voluntary evening program was a great surprise/bonus: we took part in a full moon night hike starting from the hostel at 10 PM. The staff was very friendly and we were given a self-made city map with many recommendations (restaurants, sights, shops). The map was great; check also the amazing International Art Studio cafe (Na Fortne, Latran 16, backyard).

Wonderful stay. A beautiful, quiet hostel with extremely friendly staff and guests. Enjoyed my stay thoroughly.

Clean, great location, great staffs. Would absolutely recommand it to backpackers!!

This hostel is very very very Great!!!!! Clean and comfortable. You can experience really happy time in Hostel Krumlov House. the Krumlov house is best hostel of my Europe travel. You can play music and board games in there. And you can see the beautiful sight river through the window in the room. Most of all, the steff of Krumlov House really really kind and friendly. If you stay in the Cesky Krumlov, You must choose this hostel, You will never regret your choice.

• 27th May 2014
  • South Korea

excellent staff, lovely house one of the best hostels we've ever stayed in

Great hostel nice people ,if you are going north or south a stop here is a must .

« first « Prev 1 2 3