Hostel Krumlov House Reviews

Rooseveltova 68, Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic

Excellent/unique place to stay, felt like staying in an alpine ski lodge.

Lovely place to stay @ Krumlov :)

Sweet and laidback hostel, one of the nicest I've stayed in during my current travels. Excellent kitchen and common areas, and the travelers there were a friendly bunch - kudos to the hostel for having a no computer zone around the dining table, we shared good food and chat.

Thanks so much for your nice review! Thanks for noticing our stance on computers and electronics and their place in socialising with real people. A dinner table should be for face-to-face conversation in real time! :) Happy travels!

very good:))

• 29th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Very nice staff!!!!!! I was so impressive!!!!

• 26th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

The bathroom connected to my unit smelled musty, but I think that was likely due to a lodger's old towel being left in there and not any cleanliness issue on the part of Hostel Krumlov House. The location was well-located--near the bus station for entering and leaving town and a close walk to the Old Town portion of CK, but far enough from the main road and the center of town to be quiet.

Its a very cool place and the 6 dorms room was spacious! But try to pay in Czech Crouns because the they charged me mpre when i payed in Euros (bad exchange rate).

Glad you enjoyed our place! Our exchange rate is based on the rates at xe.com, not on a whim. The day you stayed you got an exchange rate of 27 CZK to 1 EUR. Maybe you made a mistake in your math? Cheers, Carolyn, Krumlov House

Really cozy, cool, laid-back place. Super helpful staff who know everything about the area. Kitchen is nice and fully equipped. The breakfast is pricy but is worth it. Nice rooms, not crowded, not having bunk beds was a nice change! Lights and outlets in every bed. Very clean place. Solid wifi. Perfect location. Would stay here again for sure.

It's hard to tell wether it is Krumlov House or its staff that are most charming. We felt very welcomed from the minute we stepped through their amazing dragon door. The staff were very keen on guiding us to the best Česky Krumlov had to offer and we felt like we got to do most of what the town has to offer during our short stay. I recommend this place very much!

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Norway

Thanks so much for your lovely comments! We actually believe it's the people that stay with us that make the House charming! :) We hope to see you again someday. Happy trails, Carolyn Zukowski

Great little hostel for a quiet and cozy stay in Cesky Krumlov. Not much drinking going on in the hostel, probably best to choose other hostels in town if you're a solo traveler and looking to go out.

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Thailand

Thanks for your great comments, and I couldn't agree more. Our hostel is more for grown-ups of all ages, and not for 24 hour party people. We really enjoyed meeting you! All best, Carolyn

Cesky Krumlov is a must if you have some extra time to spend in Czech. The small quaint town is relaxing, breathtaking, and the people are very friendly. The Krumlov House made our stay as enjoyable as possible. The apartment we stayed in was our favourite after travelling Europe for a month. Would recommend.

We loved this hostel. One of the best we stayed in

Great place to stay

Very nice hostel and the staff are very helpful. The common area is nice and comfortable. Everything was very clean and the hostel was within walking distance of the main square

Just perfect is all I want to say

Short but sweet! Thanks for you comment and happy travels! Carolyn, Krumlov House

This was a really nice hostel and it felt abit like home. The rooms were not bunk beds which was really nice but the amount of bathrooms per person made a 10 am checkout quite difficult, especially if you have to change rooms.

Hi, and thanks for your nice comments :) We think 3 bathrooms per 16 people is a good number, as long as everyone communicates about who has to leave, and when. This gets difficult if everyone wants to shower all at once, and no one communicates. I myself am too old to be sharing bathrooms with people, so I just get a private room with bath wherever I stay. Next time, try one of our private rooms with bath :) Hope to see you again, Carolyn, owner, Krumlov House

Great get away from the big city. Just the rest we needed. Even got to go tubing down the river which was awesome!! Definitely recommend :-)

A phenomenal place! Such a cozy atmosphere, great staff, family-like experience overall. Dorm bathroom was not super clean, but everything else was great.

Thanks for your rave review and honest comment. I'll make sure we check in on the dorm bathrooms more than twice a day during the river rafting season, as it's true that all it takes is one muddy river swimmer to leave a mess. Happy travels, Carolyn, Krumlov House

Adorable place, fantastic location & amazing gourmet breakfast. Will definitely stay here again & would highly recommend.

Friendly staff & lovely place