Hostel Krumlov House Reviews

Rooseveltova 68, Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic

Its good. A place to relax and sleep, not a hostel with night life. Was ok

Krumlov House is a lovely little hostel that feels more like a guesthouse than a hostel. The owners are lovely people and made sure we were enjoying our stay. Cons: hard beds and pillows and no breakfast offered which was a little letdown.

Thanks for your review, Cody. Brand new mattresses can seem "hard" but they're actually really good for back support. To each his own. Nope, we don't offer breakfast in May, but we do provide you a HUGE kitchen with everything to make your own breakfast. Come back in July or August, and we'll treat you to some waffles and pancakes :) Happy trails, Carolyn

Really nice place by the river. It's about a 5-10 minute walk to the Old Town / Tourist area. It's not a traditional hostel with bunks, more like somebody's house. The showers only had cold water but they said this was not normal.

Thanks, Chris. No, cold showers AREN"T normal. Luckily, we found the short in the system that was causing intermittent outages. We were glad you stayed, and we hope to see you again, Carolyn

Problems: - Shower push button last 5 seconds but need to hold over 45 seconds to get hot water. - Hot water does not work at night.......they set to lower temperature at night to prevent showers - Shower drain was plugged so you stand in dirty water - Paint peel from ceiling - Beds tiny for youth size Average place not in center but .5 km away

We tried to find you alternative accommodation (and return your deposit) as you were belligerent. But you insisted. Our mistake. Our beds (100 x 200) can be small for people over a certain age, height and weight (110kg). We do not turn hot water off at night --our heater had a short in it that was causing outages. Shower drain gets plugged occasionally, and you could have mentioned it to one of our staff who would have cleared the blockage with a smile. We were happy to see you leave.

I really enjoyed my stay at the Krumlov House! The staff was so friendly and knew every guest by name. Definitely recommend!

I cannot recommend this hostel enough! Home from home in the gorgeous Cesky Krumlov, with a beatiful kitchen, lovely staff (especially Brennan- sorry if thats spelt wrong!) who helped us with whatever we needed, the most comfy armchairs and amazing vibe to meet fellow travelers. Had to dock for security as after 8 there are no staff members on premises, though they are only a phone call away, so you are relying on fellow people staying to not let anyone in but there's not really anyone anyways!

Very comfortable, clean, beautiful place is an easy location to the town centre. The staff were welcoming and knowledgeable...

• 3rd May 2015

Excellent. A very cosy place!

We had a fantastic time in Krumlov house. It's very homely and has an excellent location between the town and the mountains. You can just as easily go for a hike as you can go for a beer in the Two Mary's! To show how much we liked it when we arrived we booked another night immidiately after the orientation tour. Would recommend and I'm definitely coming back.

Really great hostel and staff! My only complaint would be the bathroom with timed faucets - cold water that turns off in five seconds on both the sink and shower. They let me use the other bathroom (with normal faucet and hot water) while the other dorm was empty. I would stay again :)

Perfect stay in Cesky Krumlov!

Loved my stay there, staff were all very friendly, they recommended done great local places to eat and drink!! Really enjoyed myself as a solo traveller in Cesky Krumlov!

....And we loved having you. How simple is that? We look forward to seeing you again! Carolyn, Krumlov House

I'm a picky person but I have to say Krumlov house is the best hostel I've ever been! What make it different is the management they really care about their guests and they know what a traveler need. Restaurants they recommend are really good! I like Na Louzi!

• 31st Mar 2015
  • China

Hostel Krumlov House is tops with picky travellers :) Thank you for your kind comments, and I really appreciate that you noticed how much we do for our guests. It was a pleasure, and I hope we see you (or your friends) again sometime! Carolyn, Krumlvo house

this hostel is so beautiful :) cozy n warm~

It's easy. Beautiful guests, beautiful people! :) We hope you'll stay again. Cheers, Carolyn, Krumlov House

Very nice and the staffs are so friendly, location is near to the bus stop, very clean

• 15th Mar 2015
  • Hong Kong

a great place to stay.

bery good!!

Our only regret in Cesky Krumlov is not having been able to spend more time in the town and at the Krumlov House. The owners are very welcoming and inviting. They are willing to phone local tourist destinations and even make your dinner reservation for you. Construction was being done in one area of the hostel and, to avoid being disturbed by the noise, we were upgraded to our own suite. It was a very charming environment and a lovely stay that we hope to experience again in the future!

A super nice hostel. We enjoy a lot

I can't say enough good things about this hostel. It has the homiest and most laid back atmosphere of any hostel I've stayed in. I ended up extending my stay at least 5 times. The owners and staff are fantastic: warm, friendly, and super knowledgeable about Krumlov and its goings-on. The city center is a beautiful 5 minute walk away. This town was the best part of my trip and I know my experience would not have been the same if I stayed anywhere other than Krumlov House. Till next time!

Thanks, Leigh! I have a feeling we'll see you again! (wink!) -Carolyn, Krumlov House

View all Cesky Krumlov Hostels