Hostel Krumlov House Reviews

Rooseveltova 68, Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic

,nice place to stay and value for money

• 21st Oct 2014
  • Thailand
  • All Female Group, 41+

I came here by train at night. The reception opens until 20:00 so I need to take a taxi to the hostel but there is a busterminal nearby around 10minutes on foot. The map which they gave me was very useful. The staff was very helpful. My only minor issue is that the bathroom's drain clogged up, and someone who stayed another room came to use the bathroom was annoyed.

really loved this little place, felt very home like and suits the town perfectly

The hostel welcomes you with warm, homely atmosphere, charming winding staircases and a lot of wooden details. The dragon front door is a masterpiece :) I liked the mosaic in the bathroom and the old piano in common room, warm floor in our apartment was a pleasant surprise! Fingers up for the no-computer dining table and the no-smoking rule :) The place is very close to the town centre and easy to find. Very quiet at night, so we had a good, undisturbed sleep. Would definitely stay here again!

Exceptional hostel. We were looking for a quiet place to relax and recover from a big week at Oktoberfest and krumlov house couldn't have catered for us better.

Good location, really nice and helpful staff. The recommendations (about where to eat) are extremely useful- allow the average tourist the minimum exposure to tourists traps.

체스키가 워낙 작은마을이라서 돌아다니거나 하는데 큰지장이 없는데, 특히 AN역에서 숙소까지 오는 길이 짧아서 좋아요!!! 다른것도 다 괜찮지만, 스텝분의 친절도는 세계최고입니다!!!!!!!!!!직접만든지도에 설명까지........ 다만........침대시트가 눅눅해요. 비오고 10월달이였던걸 감안하면 괜찮지만ㅠㅜ 아무튼 침대커버말고는 위치도 청결도 친절도 최고였어요

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • South Korea

Amazing place! I recommend Krumlov house to anyone headed to Cesky Krumlov. It's like being at home and you are truly treated like a guest. So refreshing to be greeted by Cal with a personalized map and a total rundown of what to check out in the city. All of their recommendations were spot on, and I couldn't have had a better stay. The rooms are very clean, tons of natural light and even a great view of the river. The common room is a great place to hang out and relax. Stay here!

Cal is the best host and as I soon as I put my bags down, he gave me a detailed briefing of what to do, what to eat and where, where to go for drinks, the best place to exchange money, museums…in short, everything you need to know during your stay. And all the information is on a hand-drawn map.

Great staff, it feel like home but when I stayed there not many people were here. Close to the castle and restaurant

체스키크룸로프와 딱어울리는 원목호스텔이예요 사람이 적어서도 좋고 공통공간이 많아 컴퓨터작업도 편히 했어요

• 16th Sep 2014
  • South Korea

Excellent/unique place to stay, felt like staying in an alpine ski lodge.

Lovely place to stay @ Krumlov :)

Sweet and laidback hostel, one of the nicest I've stayed in during my current travels. Excellent kitchen and common areas, and the travelers there were a friendly bunch - kudos to the hostel for having a no computer zone around the dining table, we shared good food and chat.

Thanks so much for your nice review! Thanks for noticing our stance on computers and electronics and their place in socialising with real people. A dinner table should be for face-to-face conversation in real time! :) Happy travels!

very good:))

• 29th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Very nice staff!!!!!! I was so impressive!!!!

• 26th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

The bathroom connected to my unit smelled musty, but I think that was likely due to a lodger's old towel being left in there and not any cleanliness issue on the part of Hostel Krumlov House. The location was well-located--near the bus station for entering and leaving town and a close walk to the Old Town portion of CK, but far enough from the main road and the center of town to be quiet.

Its a very cool place and the 6 dorms room was spacious! But try to pay in Czech Crouns because the they charged me mpre when i payed in Euros (bad exchange rate).

Glad you enjoyed our place! Our exchange rate is based on the rates at xe.com, not on a whim. The day you stayed you got an exchange rate of 27 CZK to 1 EUR. Maybe you made a mistake in your math? Cheers, Carolyn, Krumlov House

Really cozy, cool, laid-back place. Super helpful staff who know everything about the area. Kitchen is nice and fully equipped. The breakfast is pricy but is worth it. Nice rooms, not crowded, not having bunk beds was a nice change! Lights and outlets in every bed. Very clean place. Solid wifi. Perfect location. Would stay here again for sure.

It's hard to tell wether it is Krumlov House or its staff that are most charming. We felt very welcomed from the minute we stepped through their amazing dragon door. The staff were very keen on guiding us to the best Česky Krumlov had to offer and we felt like we got to do most of what the town has to offer during our short stay. I recommend this place very much!

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Norway

Thanks so much for your lovely comments! We actually believe it's the people that stay with us that make the House charming! :) We hope to see you again someday. Happy trails, Carolyn Zukowski

« first « Prev 1 2 3