Hostel Krumlov House Reviews

Rooseveltova 68, Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic

This was a beautiful hostel & the staff members were extremely friendly & helpful, they made my couple of days in Krumlov very enjoyable. They're always there to help and have a lot of enthusiasm for their town and want you to love it too. It definitely feels more like a home than a hostel. The only complaint I might have was that the shower for the dorm room operated by a button that you had to press every few seconds to keep the water going, a minor inconvenience in an otherwise great hostel!

The staff were super helpful. The wifi was accessible everywhere in the hostel. The rooms were very clean as was the bathroom. The locker was very small (only for your valuables) but it did have a power point inside it which was great. I was only there a night but I didn't experience loads of atmosphere to be honest... It was really close to the main square and an easy walk to the castle and the bus station. It was however, really far from the train station so catch a bus into town from there.

Cosy little hostel, feels like you are in someone's home, very welcoming. Good location

Was the best place I've stayed. Didn't feel like a hostel it felt like a home away from home. The staff new everything about the town and was so helpful. Had handy maps for you great beds everything was fab. Even ordered pizza for us which only made the stay better 10/10

• 18th Aug 2015

Loved the room, the restored wood was a treat. Staff was very friendly, showed us a lot of info in a short amount of time about the city. I was rather confused about the upstairs bathroom and who uses it, also the shower had no hot water and only put out 3 seconds worth of water for every button press which was highly inconvenient.

• 13th Aug 2015
  • Israel

A wonderful hostel with lively staff, a good relaxed non party atmosphere and comfy beds. Oh and very nice breakfast!

Had such a wonderful time at Krumlov House. Very homely which is exactly what you need when travelling.

This hostel's rules were extremely silly (no shoes indoors, no computers at the dining table), and the atmosphere was really strange. There aren't enough bathrooms for the number of people the hostel accommodates, and staff are required to give you a lengthy tour right after you check in, which includes demonstrating that you are capable of opening the front door (it really isn't difficult). The walls are thin, and the reception computer plays music all day long. I won't be back.

Oh give us a break. Complaining about too much info is extremely silly. Our hostel rules are minimal. No shoes in the house, no smoking. No shoes, because we have wooden floors and carpets. It's also a Czech tradition. We ask people not to use computers at the large dining table in the kitchen because it's a place for eating and socialising. It's not a rule; it's just common courtesy. Too bad our magic was lost on you.

Very nice atmosphere and helpful staff. Good selection of board games :-)

Great hostel and nice cozy atmosphere

The staff were fantastic, very helpful. It was clean and close to the centre. We had a home cooked breakfast in the morning, which was great to wake up to.

This place is amazing. It's super clean; everyone is super friendly; the location is perfect.

We loved it here. Brennan was especially helpful and Aiden's breakfast was delicious. Very positive atmosphere. Nice and close to old town centre and rafting. A wonderful place to stay.

Lovely homely hostel Do a great big breakfast most mornings depending on demand Good advice on things to do and where to go Unsure of the no shoes rule ...

It felt like you were staying in a home. The staff were friendly and helpful.

Awesome little hostel in a magical town. The staff are great! very attentive and helpful. The hostel provides an awesome kitchen and living area just like a home. Made the place very homely and the perfect place to chill out.

Awesome hostel. Very comfortable and quiet with friendly and helpful staff! Beautiful woodwork and well equipped kitchen! Only wish there was a lock on the actual bedroom door rather than just the front one, but located in a very safe area so not a huge issue. Thanks guys, I'll be back! - Seana

I stayed for two nights at Krumlov House. The hostel is practically in the heart of Cesky Krumlov. The hostel staff were pleasant, gave a good map showing the location of the attractions and their restaurant recommendations. Good kitchen if you want to cook your own meal, and a nice common room that was stocked with board games, puzzles and books. I was a bit disappointed that my room and bathroom was not cleaned properly - there was lots of hair leftover from the previous occupant!

Thanks for your honest review. That particular day our cleaning lady didn't come, and reception was cleaning and doing everything else to manage the hostel. I'll make sure the reception checks each room before guests are checked in. Happy trails,Carolyn

I loved the feeling of it being like a home. My room was really comfortable. I'd recommend Hostel Krumlov House to my friends.

We had a great time there

« first « Prev 1 2 3