Directions to Hostel Kyotokko (ex Kyoto Cheapest Inn)
Map & Directions
- JR (Sagano line) Nijo sta. 15 - 20 minutes foot
- Subway (KarasumaLine) Marutamachi Sta. 15 - 25 minutes on foot
- Subway (Tozai line) Nijojomae Sta. 5 - 10 minutes on foot
- Hankyu, keifuku oomiya Sta. 20 - 30 minutes on foot
- City bus Marutamachi Chiekoin 1 minute on foot
- City bus Horikawa Marutamachi 3 minutes on foot
*** Please DO NOT walk from JR Kyoto Station to the hostel!
You can come to the hostel by neither JR Saga Arashiyama line or buses #9 or #50.
From JR Kyoto Station... We have 3 ways as bellow
1. By bus. It takes about 15-30 minutes ride and 3 minutes walk.
1) Please take bus number #9, #50 and #101 and get off at 'Horikawa Marutamachi' which is the next stop from 'Nijojo-mae (Nijo castle)'.
2) Go back to the main street called 'Marutamachi' (go south). You can see a super market named 'IZUMIMYA' on the corner.
3) Turn right on the corner (go west).
4) We are on your left, and the 2nd traffic rights from the corner (not included the traffic light on the corner).
2. By JR 'Saga Ayashiyama Line' to Nijo station (The second stop from Kyoto station). From JR Nijo station to the hostel on foot, it takes about 6 minutes ride and15-20 minutes walk.
1) Go out the station to East (left hand from the ticket gates)
2) Turn left to out from the station square and go to the building named 'COSPA' right next to a super market named 'LIFE' (go north).
3) Turn right on the corner of 'COSPA' (go east).
4) You will reach the green, it is 'Nijo castle'. On your left hand, there is a schoolyard.
5) Turn left at the corner of the schoolyard (go north).
3) Go straight to the end of a path. (there are the castle, a park, TV station and a gas station on your right. On your left, there are three schools and some houses.)
4) Turn right on the corner of the gas station and got to the second traffic light (go east).
5) We are on the right corner of the traffic light, right before the barber.
3. By subway. It takes about 7 minutes ride and 15-25 minutes walk. Please take 'Karasuma Line' to 'Marutamachi' station.
1) Go out from the station entrance #4 to the ground and turn left (go north).
2) Turn left at the big cross road (go west).
3) Walk down to the next big cross road and you will see a super market named 'IZUMIMYA' on the corner.
4) Pass the market and continue to go straight (go west).
5) We are on your left, and the 2nd traffic rights from the corner (not included the traffic light on the corner).