Hostel La Colombina

Fabulous 160 Total Reviews

• England, Couple, 25-30
1st May 2017
7.4

We had a double room in this hostel which has a good location. The staff were nice especially the Australian girl. Breakfast was great! The only shame was that it feels like the hostel is in the middle of being refurbished/building work and there was only one working bathroom for the whole place. Luckily the hostel wasn't busy so this wasn't a problem and they did have hot water. Wifi was ok.

• New Zealand, Couple, 31-40
22nd Apr 2017

Great hostel in a great location, clean comfortable rooms and the best breakfast I've seen.

• USA, Female, 25-30
18th Apr 2017

I cannot recommend this beautiful high-ceilinged, hotel-like hostel enough for those who want a quiet, perfectly-placed refuge for their time in Valparaiso. I'd gotten bedbugs (and purged them) in my last hostel, so I needed a nice place. The building is stunning - the concierge, breakfast and main shared bathroom really do feel like a hotel. There's a ground floor interior patio and a tiny roof deck with a great view. The 4 person dorm has all twin beds - no bunks!

15th Apr 2017

Good location. From the hostel one can walk to many resturants and scenic views of the city. The staff was helpful, though the reception is closed for an hour each day in the afternoon. Breakfast each morning was good compared to other breakfasts I have had in Chile. The restroom could do with a remodeling but there was hot water for every shower I took and it was cleaned daily. The bed I slept in should be replaced, very uncomfortable.

• rlawley
  • England, Female, 31-40
7th Apr 2017

This hostel really looked after me and helped me find my way around. Lovely bug house and helpful staff. It's a quiet hostel not for party goers. I really enjoyed my stay.

• England, Male, 25-30
6th Apr 2017

We got off to a bumpy start because we arrived before 8am in the morning. Hoping to just leave our bags because check in is at 1pm. However they upgraded our room. They don't have 24hour reception and I had to let a couple in at 4am because they had lost their key and they were banging and ringing the door bell. They need have out of hours number to call. Hostel looks rustic and in a great location. Breakfast is good too. More than just bread and jam you get in another places.

• Australia, Couple, 31-40
18th Mar 2017

The place was clean and tidy and the staff were helpful. The location of the hostel is central to many cool and winding streets filled with street art and cafes/ bars. During our stay the place was almost at capacity, though never felt busy or crowded. There are a couple of small communal areas where people hang out, though other hostels are more social. Really enjoyed our stay.

• USA, All Male Group, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
4th Mar 2017

Nice hostel in a good location. Staff was friendly and welcoming. Free breakfast was a nice touch. We were pretty much the only people staying there though so there was no social atmosphere.

15th Feb 2017
8.0

was very quiet during my stay but a good hostel, great for seeing the city.

• England, Female, 25-30
14th Feb 2017
6.0

Our bus was three hours delayed and we arrived at 10.10pm the place was completely shut up and dark. We knocked waited and looked around but couldn't get in. Apparently their reception shuts at 10pm... but I've never heard of a hostel that doesn't have night staff. Very strange. So we had to wander around and find alternative accommodation. So I can't comment on facilities etc. But a warning for late arrivals!