Hostel La Padre Sibiu

Fabulous 77 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 77 Total Reviews

22nd Aug 2017

This is something different than the average hostel experience. Place is small but cosy with extra large beds. Close to the city centre which is a plus. Didn't have much chance to speak to the owner but he seems to be quite a charismatic person. In general a positive experience.

• Australia, Female, 31-40
20th Aug 2017
2.0

Creepy hostel, actually not a hostel but more like an Airbnb. You are actually sleeping in a man's home. His home is decorated with many many knives and hunting paraphernalia. Didn't feel comfortable at all. Check the fine print of sharing a double bed, there are no single beds in this hostel. Location is out of the way with no supermarket close by. Only good thing there was easy parking if you have a car. Glad I was with my friend, I would not have stayed on my own

• rachelatkins1152
  • England, Female, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
20th Jul 2017
7.4

A very different hostel experience!! You are basically staying in a Romanian man's house, with him, as opposed to a standard hostel. Pros: Very unique experience, owner very charming and interesting, will take you to the shops & help you cook, double beds! Cons: Owner chain smoked inside the property and allowed smoking in the kitchen - horrible for non smokers. No lockers or lock on bathroom door. If you didn't get along with owner I think it could be quite difficult.

9th Jul 2017

Great place! The owner is very nice, he made us feel right at home! Great place to stay if your in Sibiu.

• Canada, Male, 18-24
26th Jun 2017

Wonderful place to stay, very nicely outfitted and decorated, much more than your average hostel. Padre is an excellent host, always happy to engage and share with his guests.

5th Jun 2017

Much more like a guesthouse or AirBnB than a hostel. It's a really cute and pretty room attached to La Padre's house. La Padre himself is very friendly and amicable. Not a ton of facilities for a hostel, but again, more like a guesthouse. Pretty charming place.

• USA, Male, 25-30
12th May 2017

La Padre is an excellent place to stay. It's the smallest hostel I've ever stayed in -- really just a house with a couple of bunk beds in one room. But the beds are really comfortable, the location is good (five minutes from the old town, in a quiet neighborhood), and the owner is friendly and generous. He even cooked delicious food for us and shared his homemade palinka. It's a much more personal experience than staying in a typical sterile, soulless hostel.

31st Mar 2017

Our stay with Padre was absolutely amazing! He really offered us a taste of Romanian culture and graciously offered us his own food and drinks. He was such a joy to hang out with and an amazing story teller. The hostel was incredibly clean and worked out perfectly for my friend and I. Our time in Sibiu with Padre is not one we will soon forget, and I think I speak for both of us when I say that this hostel was the best part of Sibiu for us!

31st Mar 2017

I highly recommend this hostel to anybody going to Sibiu. This hostel is unlike any others that I have stayed. It is a very cozy, comfortable room that reminds me of a cabin and Padre (the owner) is a great host. Padre took the others staying and I into his cave for drinks and pickles and gave us an amazing Romanian cultural immersion. He invited us to hang with his family and have a night filled with fun, hilarious conversations, and music. Go to this hostel if you want a unique experience!

×