Superb 1,672 Total Reviews
Superb 1,672 Total Reviews
Hostel Lao Located at Rioja 771, , Mendoza.
Argentina
Mendoza Mendoza 5500 Rioja 771
91% 1672
-32.8945068 -68.8359975
    Rooms available

21st Jul 2016
7.7

Only point about the staff that I did not like was that they just gave me the bed linen and I had to do the bed myself! I did not really like the atmosphere there. Very boring and not really a place to socialize with people in my opinion. I think many travellers go there as a couple or when they want to chill after a tour. If you are alone and want to meet people, it is not a good place. The beds are small (I am 190 cm) and I did not sleep good. WiFi is good everywhere in the hostel.

16th Jul 2016
6.6

Wi-Fi works well in the common areas not in the rooms in the garden. Breakfast was nice: eggs, fruit, etc. Staff was helpful with questions about tours. Rooms were very cold but the heater that the owner provided helped a bit. Overall nice clean place to stay.

7th Jul 2016

This place was ok. Thought it was a little expensive for what it was but a fine choice. There were really nice common areas and a fireplace. The breakfast was fine. The people who worked there were friendly and helpful. And their dogs were super sweet. It would probably be really nice to stay here in the summer because it has a nice green space. I didn't like that they didn't have the beds made when I arrived and had to make my own bed. It was also cold at night. Could have used another blanket

• Australia, Couple, 31-40
28th Jun 2016

We had a pleasant stay at hostel Loa. The owners are lovely and made us feel so welcome and at home. Michael even helped me to find a doctor and we loved our chats with Celeste. Our room was lovely if a little small and the common areas were delightful. I miss Margarita every day. The staff really go out of their way to help you and give you information on things to do in Mendoza. The breakfast was great. We highly recommend this hostel.

• England, Female, 18-24
25th Jun 2016
8.0

Really friend staff and a good location. Breakfast included.

• Argentina, Male, 31-40
24th Jun 2016

The place is nice, it's not very big and you can always find someone to go out or have some wine.

• thomasflood
  • Ireland, Male, 31-40
7th Jun 2016

Great Hostel. Great staff. Loads of help with exploring Mendoza. Always someone around to answer any questions or to offer help. Very comfortable bed. Nice breakfast to start the day. Reputation is well deserved. Keep up the great work :)

7th Jun 2016

My husband & I spent 2 nights at Hostel Lao and were very happy with our visit. We had private terrace room, arrived at 3am but were greeted warmly. Be sure to tell them if you arrive after 2pm. The bed was comfy, very quiet, & nice common area & garden, even in winter. The staff was very friendly and helpful, sent us on a lovely day tour of 2 wineries and an olive oil factory, at a great price. Breakfast was all laid out every morning. Wifi great in common area, weak in our room.

• USA, Female, 18-24
6th Jun 2016

Fabulous accommodations! I absolutely loved my stay at Hostel Lao. It was very homey, and the staff was incredible, and so very helpful. 10/10 would recommend to anyone traveling to Mendoza.

• bici_boo8696
  • Wales, Couple, 31-40
18th May 2016

Warm, cosy, friendly staff who gave loads of advice on places to eat and visit, real fire, great communal space made everyone interact, lovely dog. Felt homely, safe and cosy. Thanks mauricio.