Hostel Lao Reviews

Rioja 771, Mendoza, Argentina

I think that Hostel Lao is a good choice. It provides you the chance to meet a lot of backpackers. The atmosphere is perfect: cozy, welcoming and friendly. I would recommend better chairs for the dinning table and some proper glasses for drinking wine, after all this is Mendoza!

Glad you enjoyed your stay. We used to have wine glasses but they get broken so quickly we just couldn`t afford to keep replacing them. And our dinning room chairs are old school, but cool! Safe Travels.

Really nice place.. Good, homely vibe. Sweet outdoor area. Friendly and helpful staff. Solid beds and lockers. Decent kitchen and a nice dog. Wish more hostels were like this.

Great place to stay and great location.

Excellent service, lovely staff, clean and warm hostel. Very homey and comfortable. Staff were so kind and helpful, breakfast was delicious. Only bad point was no WiFi in the rooms that were outside the main part however this wasn't a big problem.

Thanks for the great feedback. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay. The wifi reaches the rooms outside but depending on your device it doesn´t always pick it up as the singnal is not very strong back there(15meters from closest signal!). We are planning to add a few addiitonal boosters when we have enough money to buy them! First we are painting; priorities! Safe Travels

Cleanest hostel we've ever been to. Everyone was nice including other guests. Some of the staff were incredibly helpful. Others were ok - not bad, but just didn't show much enthusiasm in interactions. They helped coordinate all of our daytime activities and we ended up hanging out with other guests a lot. The dogs were super fun to play with and very friendly.

great hostel, friendly staff that were very happy to answer all questions and help out.

The hostel staff (one guy in particular) were fantastic and really helpful! The hostel was fine, we had two rooms; the one at the front was war but noises (double room with en suit) and the one at the back was quiet but cold (private room with shared bathroom). The kitchen was a bit small but usable. It really was the help funks staff that made this hostel!!

Thanks for the great feedback about our staff. RE our rooms; they are as well insulated for noise as is possible but as in all hostels you will hear something, although it does not bother 99.9% of our guests. All our doubles have their own heaters so you are in control of how warm or otherwise the room is and you can always ask us for extra balnkets. And finally our kitchen is not a huge space but then it doesnt have to be as we are only a tiny hostel! "Usable" is extremely harsh. Safe Travels

Definitly the best and most helpful staff I ever met in a hostel. In a word: the hostel earnes the titel of being one of the best hostel in Argentina!!!

Best hostel I stayed in South America. Friendly staff! Good breakfast, great tour offers. Good atmosphere, really clean. Best beds ever. Thank you

I had a fabulous time at the hostel. The staff is lovely and really helpful picking and booking tours. Lots of nice people in the hostel, very social and friendly. The breakfast is good, too. I greatly enjoyed my time there.

Great location and lots of space to relax. Our room was however very very small, it was a private double, shared bathroom. Nice and quiet in the garden but NO where to store your belongings. Was rather strange also having friends & family over for a BBQ during our stay, we could pay $150 to join in but that is a bit pricey for us backpackers so instead we watched as kids ran around all evening screeching & jumping on the couches etc. I love kids, but it wasn't really appropriate for a hostel

Small room for a small price! Storage; cupboard, clothes rail+hangers+backpack spaces. Good enough for most. Event/kids-AR$150 for a 3 course meal with plenty of booze is hardly steep. We are a family business. Argentina is a family orientated culture. There were 3 kids here for 3/4 hours. Most guests told us how much they enjoyed meeting locals. I would recommend doing the same, not just with locals, but with guests in the hostel. Join in, meet people. Have some fun. Smile. Its good for you.

Awesome place. Great staff.

Friendly owner, large and clean rooms with a garden in the backyard.

PLUS: Clean. Nice staff, easy to get to center of town and the bus station. Nice mix of guests but hostel is on the smaller side - this is both a plus and a minus. Just as likely to be a few families and couples in the private rooms as single travelers. MINUS: Dorm rooms lack a chair to sit in while putting on shoes, and ladders to top bunks meaning those above step on your bed while you are asleep. Bathrooms lack clothes/towel hooks.

• 20th Apr 2014

Re your minuses.... Being small is superb.If you like bigger places stay in bigger places. Dont come to somewhere that advertises being small and complain its small! Actually its pretty rare we have families in. There are spaces&hooks in bathrooms for clothes, I dont know how you missed them. Sit on your bed to put your shoes on, we wont clutter rooms with chairs. No ladders but plenty of bed frame so no-one really needs to be stepping on your bed unless they are making a statement!

I absolutely cant fault this hostel, it is the best hostel i've stayed at in South America. I'm not a fan of party hostels and Lao is perfect because its the kind of place you can chill and talk to everyone. Only thing i will say is that don't leave flipflops laying around because the puppy will think they are a toy and destroy them, my own fault but a heads up! Loved this place, thanks Mike and Celeste!

Hola ! Thanks for the positive feedback. We are really pleased you enjoyed your stay. Sorry again about the flippers. Yellow will be a super polite rescue dog in time for your next visit, or he´s going back on the street! Safe Travels

Great chilled hotel - loved every second. My only suggestion would be to ask tour questions of the managers during the day as the night staff aren't as experienced

Very nice hostel and atmosphere. Mike and Celeste were the best part of the stay - so welcoming with the best advice. The room that I was in (a double in the pool house) was great and it was a very cheerful orange. The location was about a 15-20 minute walk from a lot of the restaurants/plazas, but was in a perfect spot to catch the bus to Maipú.

Awesome place to stay~ thank you!

Very nice hostel with a good vibe and the cutest dogs:) breakfast is good and location very central - only 10 min walk from the bus terminal. Extended my stay from 1 to 6 nights :)

Great hostel with awesome staff! Super clean! Great back yard to chill out in! Close to the bus station and very secure!