Hostel Lao Reviews

Rioja 771, Mendoza, Argentina

Very nice hostel with a good vibe and the cutest dogs:) breakfast is good and location very central - only 10 min walk from the bus terminal. Extended my stay from 1 to 6 nights :)

Great hostel with awesome staff! Super clean! Great back yard to chill out in! Close to the bus station and very secure!

I have only stayed at 2 hostels in my travels and can't say enough about Hostel Lao. I had a private room with a bathroom. Although it was right off the front door, I felt completely safe throughout my stay. It was noisy in the morning if people we leaving early, but otherwise it was nice and quiet at night. The staff was very helpful organizing transportation or navigating which bus you needed to take to get to certain areas of town and attractions. The common areas were excellent!

• 20th Mar 2014

Nice hostel not too far away from the city center and the bar district. Nice facilities and pretty good breakfast for Argentina. They do have a pool in the garden that you sadly cannot use because not clean. The double room with the shared bathroom is nice. Good advice from the front desk about wine tours in Mendoza.

Dear Guest During your stay at the hostel we had 4 days if none stop rain. We actually had over half our annual rainfall in just 1 day! We tried to keep the pool clean but mother nature was just too powerful! Fortunately not many guests wanted to jump on the pool in a cold, cloudy, wet weather! We invite you to come and see how clean the pool is when "El Niño" is not doing his worst! Best regards.

Nature. Grass. Swimming pool. Very good value hostel.

DO NOT stay here!!! Lied about having a 24 hour front desk, Closed from 2-5 Pressured us to use their vendors, and gave misinformation to discourage using others One girl was so rude- she took our key to the front entrance, knowing we would be locked out. She knew we had a plane to catch and said we would have to wait until 5 to be let inside, cutting time extremely close. At 5, the staff arrived but had forgotten his key. So we were locked out of the hostel, with our bags held hostage inside

We apologise for the key issue but nothing that happened makes the hostel dirty, unpleasant, unsafe, or justifys your ratings. If you followed normal thinking and had money to pay us when you checked out then none of the above would have happened. We always allow guests to keep their with keys after check out if they need them, provided they have paid. Really, who check outs, doesnt pay and demands to keep the key? We do not pressure sell or misdirect. Safe Travels.

Really helpful staff, particularly the lady, who gave me ideas on the best wineries to go to. They have two really sweet dogs who I was very sad to say goodbye to. Hammocks outside although you wouldn't go in the pool as it looks a bit dirty. TV is a bit temperamental. The red book of things to do includes an evening horseback riding - I did this and it was one of the most fun evenings I had in a three-month tour of South America.

Overall this place is awesome and would definitely recommend. The location is right in between the bus station (walking distance) and downtown (also walking distance). But because of this it is located kind of in the middle of nowhere and on a random street. Security is great though with double doors and a buzzer on the outside, and your own large locker inside. The facilities are beautiful and clean and staff is extremely helpful. Only bummer is that breakfast is pretty weak in comparison.

Perfect hostel, great staff and owners, will always come back

Hostel Lao is a perfect place to stay in Mendoza. Close to the terminal, an amazing and charming place to stay (loved the garden!), really nice staff and the information on activities got recommended by other travellers for a reason! I loved my stay and can only recommend it!

Really nice hostel with good facilities. It's very secure (2 always locked front doors). Our room was really nice - large with an ensuite. There was plenty of space in the 3 common areas as well as in the garden. Breakfast was large and tasty. The staff were extremely helpful - particularly Romina.

The hostel was great. Very nice house, clean and the staff was very helpful. Highly recommend it.

We loved our stay! Thank you.

very nice hostel with relaxed garden and atmosphere. the first night i stayed there we went out with the guys from the staff and it was a great party! i'm not sure why it has been voted best hostel in south america, but it's definitely good and i would stay there again!

Really cute place. We've missed the airco because ot was so hot. Nice pool, friendly staff!

Had an amazing stay, the hostel is really to just relax. Staff were great and meet some really nice people.

A great place to stay in Mendoza. Walking distance to the bus station and town centre. The staff here are really helpful and the book recommending things to do was useful. The common areas and garden had a really nice chilled vibe and the friendliest dog I have ever met! Would happily stay here again.

Great place, lovely, professional and english speaking staff who can help you in organising your trips. Location is good and close to the bus terminal. We had a good stay here.

Hostel Lao has to be one of the best places I have ever stayed. The staff and owners could not do more to be accommodating and speak excellent English. It has a very relaxed atmosphere and people often chill out in the garden when the weather is good. On one of the nights the owners organised a BBQ with local meat and ate and drank with their guests all night. It was fantastic. They have a folder at the front desk with (honest) recommendations of what you should do in Mendoza and I recommend

Really nice garden and common area, nice staff and a lovely hostel dog!