Hostel Lao Reviews

Rioja 771, Mendoza, Argentina

Great hostel, located very close to the bus terminal (always a good thing). Nice big living room, great garden to hang out in. Margerita the dog is a very cute and friendly bonus!

Great hostel! The owners and workers are superb. The breakfast was fresh and the bathrooms are clean with strong hot showers. They have a beautiful house with stunning gardens. Also their rescue dog is the sweetest pooch in the world! I really felt at home and the owners went out of their way to make me feel like I was at home. I would highly recommend this place.

This is a great hostel and one of my favourites on my trip so far. The sitting room area is big and spacious, theres a big garden with hammocks, a lovely dog called Margerita and the owners are very helpful and nice. Its close to the centre and the bus station also.

Good location, staff were helpful. Wifi in room would better

• 21st May 2013

Hola Byran, we have very fast WiFi but due to super thick walls as the building is earthquake proof there is not always a strong signal in some rooms, but it is there! A small price to pay for knowing the roof will not fall on your head if the earth moves! Come down to our comfy lounges for a stronger signal. Safe Travels

This was a good hostel but it takes a bit of athletic ability to get onto and off of the top bunk in the dorm rooms because they don't have a ladder for you to climb up or down. That was a pain and you just have to step on the bed of the person below you. Other than that, I enjoyed my stay here and found the place to be very homey and quiet while also located near much of the action. The staff was very energetic, cheery and helpful and I think that was the best feature of this hostel.

The day staff was great! There was a slight misunderstanding with the night staff during my first night, but it was cleared up the next day. Other than that, they are friendly, helpful people!

The staff are super friendly and they all speak a great level of english so there is no miscommunication. The best part of the hostel is Margarita! The house dog. Shes adorable and so lovely. So if you dont like pets, stay away.

I have been to a few hostels in my time and never did I feel so looked after as I did in hostel lao, they are always looking after your best interest here in every way, truly a refuge to any refugee or just an oasis to your basic backpacker, great place!!

I really enjoyed my stay at hostel Lao, I felt cosy and they were really helpful. I can just recommend it!

Very nice hostel with knowledgable staff and a great atmosphere.

• 1st May 2013

Well worth the numerous awards it has won. A lovely hostel that we really enjoyed.

Lockers could be more secure -- some broken locks and latches. Staff is truly fantastic -- especially Francisco and the girl who works, generally, in the mornings.

Hola Nathony, Thanks for the feedback. We repaired the broken lockers on the 2/5/13. The day after we became aware they were broken. Sorry if you were unable to use a working locker during your stay. I wish you had of told us; I would have repaired them sooner! Safe Travels

I really love hostel Lao. I have stayed there twice now, both times I loved the place! It has a real homey feel without feeling like you are invading the owners personal space. They have a great lounge area which is comfortable and makes meeting people easy. Breakfast is awesome, staff are REALLY friendly and helpful- even to my friend who wasn't staying at the hostel. The only issue is that the toilets are in with the showers so if you wake up busting you have to wait till they are free.

We LOVED this hostel! It's small and relaxed with lots of communal spaces both indoor and out. It's very clean and the staff make you feel right at home. The 4-dorm is spacious and light, as is the whole hostel. Easily the best hostel we've stayed in (out of about 16 hostels we've stayed in so far).

Home away from home, comfortable hostel, super friendly staff... amazing hostel! Just book it already :)

It's a good hostel to stay at in Mendoza and to meet people if you choose. It's clean, there's a good sized courtyard to chill in, also places to sit and lounge inside, just a few blocks walking distance from the bus station and from where the action is in center.

My first experience of staying in a hostel and was very pleasantly surprised at the quality of the premises and the kindness of the staff. Would highly recommend the establishment.

• 22nd Apr 2013

Really enjoyed my stay at Hostel Lao- the breakfast was quite nice and the rooms were very homey (not huge dorms with a thousand people but much smaller). Good security, good location, really no complaints here.

highly recommendable! for me it was the best place to stay during my whole trip and it offers everything a backpacker`s heart wishes for!

Second time here and once again, like a homecoming. Keep up the good work guys!