Hostel Lao Reviews

Rioja 771, Mendoza, Argentina

Really helpful staff, particularly the lady, who gave me ideas on the best wineries to go to. They have two really sweet dogs who I was very sad to say goodbye to. Hammocks outside although you wouldn't go in the pool as it looks a bit dirty. TV is a bit temperamental. The red book of things to do includes an evening horseback riding - I did this and it was one of the most fun evenings I had in a three-month tour of South America.

Overall this place is awesome and would definitely recommend. The location is right in between the bus station (walking distance) and downtown (also walking distance). But because of this it is located kind of in the middle of nowhere and on a random street. Security is great though with double doors and a buzzer on the outside, and your own large locker inside. The facilities are beautiful and clean and staff is extremely helpful. Only bummer is that breakfast is pretty weak in comparison.

Perfect hostel, great staff and owners, will always come back

Hostel Lao is a perfect place to stay in Mendoza. Close to the terminal, an amazing and charming place to stay (loved the garden!), really nice staff and the information on activities got recommended by other travellers for a reason! I loved my stay and can only recommend it!

Really nice hostel with good facilities. It's very secure (2 always locked front doors). Our room was really nice - large with an ensuite. There was plenty of space in the 3 common areas as well as in the garden. Breakfast was large and tasty. The staff were extremely helpful - particularly Romina.

The hostel was great. Very nice house, clean and the staff was very helpful. Highly recommend it.

We loved our stay! Thank you.

very nice hostel with relaxed garden and atmosphere. the first night i stayed there we went out with the guys from the staff and it was a great party! i'm not sure why it has been voted best hostel in south america, but it's definitely good and i would stay there again!

Really cute place. We've missed the airco because ot was so hot. Nice pool, friendly staff!

Had an amazing stay, the hostel is really to just relax. Staff were great and meet some really nice people.

A great place to stay in Mendoza. Walking distance to the bus station and town centre. The staff here are really helpful and the book recommending things to do was useful. The common areas and garden had a really nice chilled vibe and the friendliest dog I have ever met! Would happily stay here again.

Great place, lovely, professional and english speaking staff who can help you in organising your trips. Location is good and close to the bus terminal. We had a good stay here.

Hostel Lao has to be one of the best places I have ever stayed. The staff and owners could not do more to be accommodating and speak excellent English. It has a very relaxed atmosphere and people often chill out in the garden when the weather is good. On one of the nights the owners organised a BBQ with local meat and ate and drank with their guests all night. It was fantastic. They have a folder at the front desk with (honest) recommendations of what you should do in Mendoza and I recommend

Really nice garden and common area, nice staff and a lovely hostel dog!

Really great hostel, very helpful guys working there. Great atmosphere and nice people. Recommend the lujan wine tour. Rooms leave a little to be desired, had the double room downstairs by the door. Bed on the floor, noise from the street strange room. Dorms looked nice though. Decent breakfast, friendly dog!

About our rooms; 1- you saw 1 double that was not to your taste, how can you comment on all rooms? 2-a FUTON is more than "a bed on the floor" 3-99.9% of guests do not find street noise an issue. If you stay in a city expect noise. We are located in the middle of the city and even though we have quadruple glazing on all our street facing rooms(only 3) we can not isolate all street noise. 5-ALL our rooms are of a very high quality, by our and 99.999% of our guests standards.

Staff were brilliant, I was poorly on arrival and was really welll looked after, offered extra blankets, a doctor etc. When feeling better the staff were fantastic at helping organise tours etc. Really nice lounge areas and a very cute hostel dog. Hostel is clean and is stroling distance from the bus stop and town. Really nice atmosphere, laid back and relaxed. Only one slow computer available for guest use.

fantastic staff who went above and beyond expectations

• 31st Aug 2013
  • Mixed Group, 41+

This is the number 1 hostel in South America!

This place was fantastic! I would recommend this place for everyone!

I had a great four nights at Lao. The staff was very helpful in planning our wine tour and a spa trip. I would absolutely recommend staying here during their time in Mendoza.