Hostel Lao Reviews

Rioja 771, Mendoza, Argentina

Rigtig fint og hyggeligt hostel med noget af de bedste personale vi har mødt i Argentina, samt god atmosfære og værelser/badeværelser - dog skal den inkluderede morgenmad ikke regnes for meget

• 25th Jan 2016
  • Denmark

I booked a room on HW and when I went to the hostel they said the room is not available. They offered in exchanged a private room, much more expensive which I refused. I requested my money back, they said they're gonna write to HW and request that they refund me. I wrote to HW explaining the situation but they said that the hostel offered me alternate accommodation so they can't refund me. Outright lie, for £2. It could be a great hostel, but in my case they behaved appalling.

Great, chilled hostel. Very helpful staff who can advise you on a huge range of activities. Really good communal areas and garden with pool. Would definitely recommend.

Hostel Lao was perfect for my stay in Mendoza. All the staff were incredibly helpful and provided the best advice on what to do and see during my time here. They went out of their way to help you book tours or pass on their own secrets and personal knowledge. Loved the atomosphere of the hostel, very relaxed. I was lucky to be there for an asado night and enjoyed delicious foods whilst getting to know others in the hostel. Only 10 minutes walk from bus terminal and easy walk to main streets,

One of my favorite stays of my 5-month trip. Sweet, helpful staff (and sweet, helpful dogs too). Great breakfast that changes daily. Comfortable beds. Excellent, good value wines for sale. I spent a lot of time in the hostel because I had a project to complete, and the common areas were large, comfortable, and peaceful. Met great people too. Fantastic hostel!

Good for a sleepover,close to bus station,easy to find,nice garden,knowledgable staff.Lights in my room not working most of the time.The pool is a joke,mostly used by dogs!Just forget the pool.Mendoza is ok for one-two day stay,but is nothing special,even the bike and wine tour we did by ourselves wasn't so special,seen better in Australia.What is nice to do from Mendoza is to TAKE A BUS TO SANTIAGO OVER THE ANDES BY DAY FOR SPECTACULAR VIEWS! One of the highlights of my trip in South America!

The wife of the english guy, who I never met, who is the owner was incredible helpful (sorry forgot the name). In general I just had a great time there in a very chilled and cosy atmosphere. Would definitely stay there again. Keep up the good work

Really nice hostel with excellent social spaces and a big kitchen, would highly recommend!

I stayed at Hostel Lao for 4 nights and it was one of the best hostels I've seen. It's a short walk to the main street and not much further to Plaza Independencia. The room was spacious with big lockers and the bed was very comfortable. The whole hostel was always super clean. The yard was nice to relax in and meet other travellers. And the staff... these guys were so cool! Always willing to help and chat, and they put on asado and curry nights for us! I could not recommended them highly enough!

Good Hostel in a great location...

I had a really enjoyable stay at hostel Lao; the staff were really helpful, and the private room was great. I highly recommend this hostel!

• 20th Oct 2015

Muy cómodo y lindo hostel, la calidez de su gente me encanto!!

• 9th Oct 2015
  • Argentina

We only stayed one night so did not get a full feel of the hostel. The weather was cold when we were there so we didn't get to use the garden area which I'm sure would be amazing in the sun! Breakfast was ok, some variation from the usual hostel breakfast. The electricity went down for a time but the staff ensured the property was locked up during this time. The staff were very helpful with our enquiries, including translating a medical need Wi fi good in main area but not in rooms by the pool.

El hostel resultó muy cómodo y me hizo sentir como en casa. Lo mejor es el living/comedor para pasar el rato y tomar una copa de vino al volver del día ajetreado de excursión. Fran y Celeste de la recepción son excelentes hosts y tienen muchas propuestas diarias para quienes quieran conocer la capital. Por lo que me comentaron personas de la ciudad, la zona no es la más segura y la llaman "la zona roja". De todas formas, nunca tuvimos un problema o nos sentimos inseguras. Lo super recomiendo!

Gracias por su comentario. Nos encanta que disfrutaron del hostel. PFV no crean todo lo que dicen los taxistas! La "zona roja" esta a unas 20 cuadras de aqui! Por esto nunca se sintieron inseguras! No pagamos comisiones a los taxistas asique muchos hablan mal del hostel para llevar nuestros clientes a otros sitios que si les pagan! La zona del hostel es muy segura a solo 2 cuadras de la calle San Martin y segundos de la calles Zapata y Colon!

Hostel muito bom mesmo, a localização é boa, ambiente excelente, realmente não tenho do que reclamar.

Very good if you are looking for a peacefully place to stay. Location is good but not the greatest. Close to main street San Martin and the bus station, However, there is nothing much close at night time. Most of its staff is great. However, there is one that gives wrong indications for the tours or the buses. Very clean. Private rooms are old style but nice. Breakfast is OK.

Amazing vibe! The staff was friendly and with a lot of recommendations! I will back soon

Hostel Lao is a great place to stay. Relaxing atmosphere and very good social area make you feel like home. The place is one of the best hostels we have ever stayed, is very clean and well organised. The breakfast was great, there was different options everyday, The staff is very profesional, guys were very friendly, they really cared and helped us a lot! We had good time and met great people! Big hug for Francisco and Margarita for creating amazing atmosphere! We recomend 100%!

Mooi hostel met grote tuin. Zeer vriendelijk personeel, willen alles voor je regelen. Kamers zijn schoon. Drie nachten in een kamer geslapen met eigen balkon, echt supermooi! Daarna nog een nacht in een kamer naast de ingang, deze was wat gehorig met bel etc. Maar ik zou dit hostel zeker aanraden!

The sink in the four-bed dorm is a little difficult to use because the plastic bowl is a little too small and it's easy to get water everywhere...

• 11th Sep 2015