Hostel Lella Reviews

Via Palestro 9, Rome, Italy

The room was adequate but the shower in the washroom wasn't working. There was water actually spraying from the tap in the shower which left no water pressure so 3 of us couldn't use the shower which left us very hot and sweaty as the temperature was quite high. The airconditioner provided some relief. There was an odd smell in the room but it could have been from the dampness in the bathroom. Night staff not as good as day staff. The lift is scary and it was difficult to get into our room.

The room was disgusting. The shower was FULL of mold and it literally fell apart in my hands at some point, I felt like I needed some sort of protective mask just to shower. It was WAY too expensive for those sorts of problems. Also, it was a three person room and only two could have a key, which put a damper on my plans despite the fact that the reception was open 24 hours and technically I could have had the open it for me. There were also no lockers in the room, and the room was tiny.

Decent place to stay if you're just looking for a bed to sleep in.

I enjoyed my stay, staff were happy to help and always friendly even when you could tell they'd had a long night shift by themselves. I had a 3 bed dorm with ensuite to myself, stoked on that after a long flight.

I am not sure what Hotel Lella was like as I was transferred to another one of there hotels at the last minute. They claimed it was due to unforeseen circumstances. The bed was uncomfortable fold away type, bathroom was clean but no shower were you could stand, you had to sit, i guess t was a Roman shower so when in Rome, not ideal but worked. Out of all the places I stayed in Italy this was the worst and I wouldn't stay here again. It was very close to the train station which was handy.

We had a 3 night stay at this hotel. It is 15min walk from the central train station (termini). The staff is very friendly and helped us a lot in guiding and tending to our needs.

The hostel was located near the city centre and help us to save money this way. The staff was lovely and helpful and the rooms quite comfortable. I will recommend this hostel.

I was very happy that I stayed at Hotel Lella, Atmosphere was very good and friendly, room was very clean - cleaned every day. Service was speaking English and Italian.

• 14th Mar 2014
  • Poland

This hotel is just 10 min walking from termini and there is a subway station 2 blocks away !! The staff is very helpful , we came in early morning to hotel and chek in is supposed to be at 11am but they have our room ready by 8 am !

The staff was excellent! So generous, caring, and laid-back. They also gave us immediate and careful attention when we needed help! Thanks guys!

• 10th Mar 2014

I stayed 3 days at there with my friend. the hotel was really nice, it is close to Termini, the main station.

The hostel itself was fine, but the woman running it only spoke Italian and had no computer. The night after we checked in she claimed that two people in my group hadn't paid enough. We couldn't understand each other, and they ended up paying her more than they were supposed to (even after Italy's tax), because they got fed up with trying to argue. If you stay here, make sure you know exactly how much you should be paying, and check the receipt for accuracy immediately.

• 6th Mar 2014

Amazing value for money! The best I've found so far in Rome.

I stayed here in a one-person bedroom for 5 nights. The location is good, unless your opposed to walking. It's about 5 minutes to the nearest metro station, but you could walk to the main sights too. My room was attached to the reception area, which meant I could hear the phone going off regularly. Not so much an issue for me, but others may want to take earplugs. Staff were nice, although one was a little too friendly. WiFi worked well in my room.

Really bad reception. They don't give us the predicted room. Corridor really noisy, really difficult to sleep.

• 23rd Feb 2014

A truly fantastic hotel - can't wait to stay here again! The staff are extremely helpful, and are eager to help if you have a problem. I cannot recommend this hostel enough - 5 star!

It was inconvenient getting in and out of my room because each time, you have to go to the front desk to be let in your room. The facilities are so old that they appear filthier than they actually may be. The location is at the far end of a long street. You can still get to the metro fairly quickly but being at the end of a long block gives it a disadvantage. The staff was not knowledgable about Rome.

• 6th Feb 2014