Hostel Lika Reviews

Pasmanska 17, Zagreb, Croatia

The owner had friendly intentions however could sometimes be considered a bit intense.

Very friendly staff and a lovely place to stay. It was a flying visit but I felt very comfortable there. I stayed in a private room with a shared bathroom and the set up worked well. I would, however, have appreciated an overhead light in the room instead of a lamp that plugs into the only socket in the room :) Also, the bed was a little squeaky! But otherwise it was very good. The free breakfast was great, the hostel was very clean and it was very conveniently located.

The hostel is fine for a one night stop over but it's a little out of the city centre. Close to the bus stop though. There is no air con just a fan, the bathroom is small and not so clean. The owner was nice and helpful.

Perfect place. Very close to the bus station (5 min walk). 25 min walking from the town center. Clean and comfortable

No common area no kitchen a small bar would open for 4 hours a day not ideal if your travelling alone and would like to meet people no where to leave your bags Lockers wernt padlock friendly which ment to keep your valubles safe you had to buy a key for the locker which cost extra However the directions to thd hostel were very helpful the woman that worked there was also very helpful but all in all I wouldnt stay here again.

I just stayed for one night and with the free breakfast (with I wasnt able to grab) and food offer at the bar everything wa great but if I would stay longer I would miss a kitchen in which I could prepare my own dinner or lunch! For short stay its fantastic!

We had a great stay at Hostel Lika! We felt very welcome by the friendly & helpful staff, offering free breakfast &, always in the mood to kid around with the guests at the bar... Loved it there!

An excellent stay, thanks to Marko and his personal attitude to all the guests. The hostel is nicely arranged and is located quite close to the main bus station but in a quiet neighbourhood. I had to go to a doctor and the woman at the reception even called her brother (who happens to be a doctor himself) to make sure what I should do and where to go. Later she was so kind to ask how I was. I felt really secure and comfortable there. I would add two or three bathrooms and the place would perfect

Amazingly unfriendly and unhelpfull staff, no place for common activities (the bar is closed after the breakfast till 6 pm). The whole area is covered with the instructions like DO NOT EAT HERE, DO NOT DRINK OR EAT in the rooms or in the bar. No kitchen, no fridge.

Great location, nice bar downstairs, big colourful rooms, friendly helpful staff, great value for money.

There are many rules that don't belong in a good hostel. You can't bring your own food, which normally backpackers do cause they have a low budget. There is no place to just hang out except your room - so its hard to socialize with other travellers . The extra services are expensive (locker,landury etc). And the "free breakfast" is very poor. On top of that you get kicked out of the hostel as soon as you have checked out.. 10pm.

• 18th Aug 2015
  • Sweden

Dear travelers, we are sorry if you didnt like our hostel, but we just have basic rules same as other hostels, no food and drinks in rooms only because of hygienic reasons, we have a bar area where you can socialize and drink or eat nothing, we provide low budget food and drinks and, on top of all, we clean by ourselves, if you are not out by 10 am, we can not prepare and clean the hostel on time for others as we did for you, you can always leave the luggage, so its not a fair complaint. Thanx

The hostel had a very strained atmosphere. The only common room type place is a bar where you can't bring in your own food and drinks (even water). The owner tried to be pleasant, but came off as rude and pushy. He literally yelled at three people in my room that were 10 min late checking out, when they were clearly packing up trying to leave. He also has the cost of the BBQ posted as 35 Kuna but charged me 75 and my friend 70, for the same thing. Make sure you ask the prices before buying!

• 17th Aug 2015

Located near main buss station and just 10 minutes from city center. Friendly staff allways ready to help, clean rooms. I will definitely come back.

• 17th Aug 2015
  • Croatia

Felt like family after just a couple hours of being there. Was raining all day and I ended up talking to the lady who works there for like three hours just me and her out at the bar. Then the owner came and made me and another girl traditional Croatian bbq in the outdoor fireplace and it was AWESOME. Met really great travelers here. Room and facilities were clean and comfortable.

Friendly and comfortable

• 16th Aug 2015

I loved the place! It's one of my favorite hostels. Marko makes you feel at home and is very helpful, and the place has a very nice atmosphere. When I go back to Zagreb I will of course stay at Lika again!

• 16th Aug 2015
  • Sweden

Small 6 bed dorm was far too hot with no air con. Hardly slept. Staff friendly but spoke rudely about previous bad reviews. Had to leave the hostel at 10am - 2pm for cleaning. It was a long way from city centre but trams close by, good distance to the bus station and easy to find.

Dear travelers, sorry for the bad impression, we are really trying hard and working long hours to provide all that we say we provide. The thing is, and its not truth when you say we comment any reviews, what we do is we remind everyone when they check out not to forget to rate the hostel because most of the travelers dont and it is important for us as well for the other travelers. We have check out at 10 am, whoever is checking out has to be out by 10 so we could prepare for upcoming guests.

Nothing wrong with the hostel other than there's not enough bathrooms and no ladders on the bed. The hostel itself is nice, but marco the owner obsesses over the reviews so much that he stuck one on the wall and broke it down. I feel like he takes out anger at past guests on present guests which creates a really weird vibe. Which is a real shame because it's a really nice hostel and if he was in a better mood it would have made our stay more pleasant.

Dear travelers, sorry that you understood wrong our reaction- the point was only to point everyone out that in our description, which you can reed before you book the accommodation, we say and describe things as they are, what we offer is there, what we do not offer is not. Still, people are saying and commenting things which we dont say because we do not provide and every time, as owners, we have to defend. As you said, the place is nice, staff is friendly but we can not please you all I guess

Clean and good hostel. Far from the city center (20mins walk). Room was clean and the beds comfy. Free breakfast in the morning. There's a bar inside the hostel but very calm and closes at 10. You can book numerous trips around Zagreb from the hostel. The owners work very hard to keep everything clean and accommodate everyone. Laundry service available and fast.

The hostel had a really nice cheap bar and a lovely sociable atmosphere in the evenings. The rooms are not air conditioned and were too hot to get much sleep. I would recommend bringing strong insect repellent if you stay here. The staff were all really nice and even gave us some free pancakes and alcohol while we were there