Hostel Lika Reviews

Pasmanska 17, Zagreb, Croatia

Very close to the bus station and easy enough to find! Facilities are very basic- small bathroom, must pay extra for lockers, don't think there's a kitchen, etc. Apparently breakfast is provided but I left too early for this. Wifi didn't always work.

Easy to find, and approximately 15-20 minutes walk from Main bus station. Tram 6 takes you from hostel to city center in about 10 minutes. Atmosphere is good. Hostel offers trip to Plitvice. A major remark is that our beds were terribly noisy.

Not so close to city center but reachable easily by tram. For the rest everything is ok

This place was actually great! The couple who owns it was so accommodating. The room was small but not too stuffy , at least. They closed the communal room at 11 which kinda sucked because there is only wifi there. But the highlight of our time there was the trip to plitvice; we were only three so the owner agreed to drive us there personally. The plitice park was packed solid so it wasn't very enjoyable, but the swimming in the river afterwards more than made up for it and they gave beer too!

Excellent value for money and the staff is very friendly and helpful and there is a nice social atmosphere. The only criticism we had was the price of beer and food. Its a shame because marco provides a fantastic hang out space but the pricing is prohibitive and you can't drink your own booze... There are cheap places around the corner though so still awesome.

Great little hostel; very good value for money. Owners very helpful with local information. There is a nice little communal area if socializing is your thing. Good wifi signal all over building. Certainly one of the better hostels I have stayed in.

We chose the hostel plainly because of the trip to plitvice lakes! The day trip there was amazing and the extra trip marko takes you on to go swimming was incredible!! The hostel had such a nice atmosphere, really friendly and social.. They welcome you in as part of their family and offer so much more than any other hostel weve stayed at - would absolutely stay there again and definitely recommend to anyone!

• 3rd Aug 2014

The place was very small, they only had a few rooms and it was not very clean to me. The Staff was not nice at all and they were moping around on everything we did, as if we were annoying others but that was not the thing at all. Our departure date we had to catch a train at 11 pm but the women of the Staff sent us away at 9 because we "were bothering other guests". I got a really unpleasant feeling of this hostel and it made me think of Zagreb in a worse way.

• 1st Aug 2014

A bit off but very safe, the area felt very convenient and safe overall. One you know where to go it's less than 10 minutes to walk. The rooms are a bit small for my taste, but everything was clean. Free BBQ in the evening and a free welcome drink (the rum was finished though). Absolutely lovely staff, the couple who runs the place were very friendly, outgoing and welcoming.

I normally don't do reviews, but the staff was so nice to us and they truly went the extra mile to make our stay a nice one. So hostel Lika, thank you.

• 30th Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

I loved my stay at Hostel Lika, the staff was so nice and caring. I did the day trip to Plitvice Lakes that the hostel organized, it was totally awesome! The next time I am in Zagreb, I will stay at Lika again!

I've stayed in many hostels, and this is by far one of the best ones! It is located very close to the central bus station, it's like a 5-8min walk and a 15-20min walk to the center. There's also a tram that can take you there, public transportation is very good. The facilities were clean, the mattresses very comfortable, and the owners are extremely friendly! They remember your name and treat you like family! There's no kitchen, but breakfast is included in the morning.

Very helpful and friendly staffs!

The staff were lovely, friendly and helpful. They encouraged people to mix and socialise. The quiet time was quite rigorously enforced which was great if you had an early start. Although a little way out of town it is on a very convenient tram route.

Very friendly and helpful staff, the free breakfast was a very nice touch. A bit far away from the city centre but with good public transportation options. However, it is near to a nice lake where you can go for a swim, so there's that

Free shots on Wednesday!

We stayed here for 3 nights and were disappointed with our stay. We booked a double bed room with an ensuite, yet there was no ensuite. The room was a good size and the location was out of town but it was close to the main train and bus station which was good. We had the BBQ on the first night, when we went out the sign near the bar said it was 35 kuna each. Yet when we came back and had eaten the BBQ it had suddenly changed to 70 kuna each, even the sign beside our bedroom said 35 kuna.

I was definitely disappointed. It was advertised as a modern place, decorated by artists. To be honest, it was dark and dingy and the photos online seemed misleading. There were 3 bathrooms available but only 1 unlocked for over 6 people. Maybe because they did not want to clean all of them? As I was brushing my teeth in the morning, I was forced out by the cleaning staff (who couldn't fill a bucket in another bathroom?). Also the "BBQ" was crazy overpriced, especially for travelers.

Bit out of the centre, but as previously commented you can get on the trams for free as tickets are not checked. We enjoyed our stay here

Dear travelers, we are glad if you enjoyed your stay here,but 20 min on foot to Main Square you think is far? Also, for everyone else, trams are not free, you do it at your own risk, if you get checked, the fine is to high and not worth it. Single ticket is 10 kuna. Happy travels, Hostel Lika Team

the upper bunk is too difficult to climb up because there is no leader. the room is so hot that I couldn't sleep. room is too small for 6 people and I couldn't use the locker.

Dear traveler, Sorry you were not satisfied. Our 6 bed dorms are bigger than Croatian standard says, level of cleanleness is very high, our staff is always here to give all informations and tips about Zagreb and Croatia. Unfortunately, you didnt recognize our effort and value of our hostel, wish you better luck somewhere else. Happy travels, Hostel Lika Team

« first « Prev 1 2 3