Hostel Lika Reviews

Pasmanska 17, Zagreb, Croatia

There are many rules that don't belong in a good hostel. You can't bring your own food, which normally backpackers do cause they have a low budget. There is no place to just hang out except your room - so its hard to socialize with other travellers . The extra services are expensive (locker,landury etc). And the "free breakfast" is very poor. On top of that you get kicked out of the hostel as soon as you have checked out.. 10pm.

• 18th Aug 2015
  • Sweden

Dear travelers, we are sorry if you didnt like our hostel, but we just have basic rules same as other hostels, no food and drinks in rooms only because of hygienic reasons, we have a bar area where you can socialize and drink or eat nothing, we provide low budget food and drinks and, on top of all, we clean by ourselves, if you are not out by 10 am, we can not prepare and clean the hostel on time for others as we did for you, you can always leave the luggage, so its not a fair complaint. Thanx

Located near main buss station and just 10 minutes from city center. Friendly staff allways ready to help, clean rooms. I will definitely come back.

• 17th Aug 2015
  • Croatia

Friendly and comfortable

• 16th Aug 2015

I loved the place! It's one of my favorite hostels. Marko makes you feel at home and is very helpful, and the place has a very nice atmosphere. When I go back to Zagreb I will of course stay at Lika again!

• 16th Aug 2015
  • Sweden

Small 6 bed dorm was far too hot with no air con. Hardly slept. Staff friendly but spoke rudely about previous bad reviews. Had to leave the hostel at 10am - 2pm for cleaning. It was a long way from city centre but trams close by, good distance to the bus station and easy to find.

Dear travelers, sorry for the bad impression, we are really trying hard and working long hours to provide all that we say we provide. The thing is, and its not truth when you say we comment any reviews, what we do is we remind everyone when they check out not to forget to rate the hostel because most of the travelers dont and it is important for us as well for the other travelers. We have check out at 10 am, whoever is checking out has to be out by 10 so we could prepare for upcoming guests.

Nothing wrong with the hostel other than there's not enough bathrooms and no ladders on the bed. The hostel itself is nice, but marco the owner obsesses over the reviews so much that he stuck one on the wall and broke it down. I feel like he takes out anger at past guests on present guests which creates a really weird vibe. Which is a real shame because it's a really nice hostel and if he was in a better mood it would have made our stay more pleasant.

Dear travelers, sorry that you understood wrong our reaction- the point was only to point everyone out that in our description, which you can reed before you book the accommodation, we say and describe things as they are, what we offer is there, what we do not offer is not. Still, people are saying and commenting things which we dont say because we do not provide and every time, as owners, we have to defend. As you said, the place is nice, staff is friendly but we can not please you all I guess

Clean and good hostel. Far from the city center (20mins walk). Room was clean and the beds comfy. Free breakfast in the morning. There's a bar inside the hostel but very calm and closes at 10. You can book numerous trips around Zagreb from the hostel. The owners work very hard to keep everything clean and accommodate everyone. Laundry service available and fast.

Had a great time here. Marko is a good and well-meaning man. He was particularly helpful to me letting me leave my luggage when I went to Plitvice overnight. The only things I would say are that the common room isn't accessible in the day (when it's quite hot in Zagreb!) and that the internet struggled at times, though Marko was always trying to improve the latter aspect by calling the company. Thanks for the hospitality and the pancakes!

Hostel very clean and looked nice. Location not too bad either short walk from bus station. However, when talking to the bloke on the desk on the morning, he badgered us over and over to make sure we do a review. He responded with 'I don't give a ...' when I said it was boiling hot in our room. He also said the air con was on all night in the corridor, but that takes away the whole 'private' part of booking a private room, as we had to keep the door open all night. Last night before was lovely.

Perfect location and great hosts always ready to explain everything and help!

• 7th Aug 2015
  • Montenegro

All seemed fine until we saw that the owner had posted his most negative review on the wall at reception. This was followed by a massive rant about ungrateful customers. Lack of air con in 35C heat was a joke. It was impossible to breathe, let alone sleep. I wouldn't go back. Overall just an uncomfortable and unwelcoming atmosphere

Dear travelers, the only reason why comment is there because some travelers do not appreciate all our effort to please you all. We are honest in our description, in our facilities there is no AC rooms, we can not affect the weather. So, once again, we do not provide AC rooms, and please if you decide to book our hostel, please, read all the information, do not book because we are cheapest. Thank you and happy travels.

Easy location from bus stop and directions were great. Only stayed one night so unsure if it's a great location overall. We got asked to leave a good review which is never comfortable.. Good vibe though until we got the lights turned out on us and asked to leave the bar mid drink. Rooms were super hot! I couldn't even sleep, no fans or air con, bit ridiculous in such a hot climate/time of year. Owners were nice enough! Also, answers to other complaints on the wall which was weird. Average stay!

It's not close to the city centre but has tram lines near, and it's really close to the main bus station. The biggest problem are the bathrooms: not enough, just 1 with shower and toilet altogether shared for +6 people in each floor. Humidity is terrible as there's no ventilator or A/C in the hostel, and the bathroom is humid and wet all day long. However, staff is friendly and they offer a nice breakfast. Wi-Fi works fine.

Poor location. We were made to pay for a room we didn't stay in. We were unwelcome. It was generally unpleasant.

• 2nd Aug 2015

Very nice family run hostel. Only stayed for two nights, but very helpful with what to do in Zagreb and washed a load of our clothes for not too much on our checkout day. Super useful. Thumbs Up.

good location, clean rooms, cool bar and awesome staff

I couldn't have asked for a better experience than that at Hostel Lika . I received an incredibly warm welcome from the host Marco. He was extremely generous, friendly, and helpful. You can tell he takes a lot of pride in his hostel and enjoys looking after his guests. The rooms were clean, comfortable, hot showers, good bar and common area, close to the main bus station and all at a very affordable rate! After only one night I felt sad to leave such a great hostel and host!

Marko was a great host. This hostel has a great atmosphere

Great atmosphere and extremely friendly and helpful staff. Great value for money.

• 29th Jul 2015
  • Northern Ireland

Thanks for hosting me! The staff was very friendly and tried their best to made my stay nice and comfortable. I really enjoyed hanging out in the hostel bar with some beers. You made my stay great and helped me to connect with people. Thanks

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4