Hostel Lika Reviews

Pasmanska 17, Zagreb, Croatia

The staff were mean and fistclosed, no air condition in the rooms, sleeping was difficult, poor breakfast and the bathrooms weren't available to use. Not the best hostel, but we get along with the other backpackers really well.

• 22nd Jul 2015
  • Spain
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Staying at hostel Lika felt like coming home after one hell of a travel day. The hosts make you blend in quite easily with the rest of the hostel and it has a cozy atmosphere all around. As a solo traveler it was such a great pit-stop for travelling along. Definitely stay here when you're in Zagreb!!

After traveling for close to two months our stay at Lika was a breath of fresh air. Our initial plan of staying one night turned into three. By far the best atmosphere we have experienced at any hostel! The staff was exceptional and helped us with our travel plans to Plitvice National Park. Our last night there was an opportunity to help prepare a meal with everyone which was a great opportunity to meet fellow travelers! Our stay was filled with many laughs and smiles! Thanks for a great time!

• 16th Jul 2015

Very nice and clean Hostel, which is located 10 minuntes (by foot) from the central Bus station. The stuff is realy friendly and hospitable. In the evenings they often do barbecue/Hot-Dogs on the terrace with all the other travellers. I can realy recomend this hostel, especialy if you are interested to get in contact with other travellers.

great location (near the tram station and the city center on foot as well). Rooms very clean, the bathroom would need a ventilator. Marco, the owner, is friendly and helpful with everything. He also organizes things like cooking and eating dinner altogether in the hostel, various excursions in near towns or in the beach ... it makes a nice atmosphere.

The best place we stayed during our trip. Wonderful and warm place, the hostel manager is the greatest guy!

I loved my time at Hostel Lika! The atmosphere was the best and the owner really tries his best to make everybody feel welcome! One night he cooked a very tasty goulash for all the guests. I traveled alone for the first time and this was definitely the best hostel to stay at for me; everybody was so nice! If you don't mind being a bit far away from the centre, I would totally recommend you to stay at Hostel Lika!

• 9th Jul 2015

Very good impression and very good price/quality ratio. Thank you to the owner who was very accommodation and helpful.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Everything was fresh and clean. It felt like not all bathrooms were available and was often a short line to wait. Breakfast was fast and reasonable with a real coffee. City centre was a long walk, bike hire would be amazing.

• 9th Jul 2015

Very friendly people, nice, clean place, great location

• 6th Jul 2015
  • Croatia

Amazing hospitality! The man who runs the hostel is one of the friendliest and kindest people you will meet! It's a bit of a walk to the old town/centre which is a shame but other than that you can't fault anything - rooms are very clean and secure and he makes you breakfast complementary, in the morning!

Great location for access to the Zagreb centre. The atmosphere in the hostel was great and everyone enjoyed the communal areas. The owner (Marko) was extremely helpful and polite. All in all a very nice stay!

• 2nd Jul 2015

MARKO SURPRISED ME WITH A NICE COLD FREE BEER. IT WAS SO GOOD AND REFRESHING ESPECIALLY WHEN IT WAS SO WARM. HE EXPLAINED ME EVERYTHING. IN THE EVENING HE BOUGHT FOOD AND ORGANISED A COMMUNITY DINNER TO PREPAIRE AND TO EAT ALL TOGETHER ON A OPEN FIRE. THERE I MET A LOT OF OTHER PEOPLE DURING MAKING THE FOOD. GREAT STAY.THANKS MARKO

• Croatia

Excellent hostel and great host Marko. Makes you feel like home. Close to bus station and main square. They have a theme outdoor bar only for people staying at the hostel based of the plitvice lakes because he's from that area. So I could ask him about it everything. It's so clean and at the bar I met great other people staying at that hostel. Absolutely recommending to my friends.

• 2nd Jul 2015

Awesome hostel, very friendly and helpful. Cheers

• New Zealand

No free lockers, no ladders to the upperbeds (was quite scary). The staff was nice and helpful, and the owner of the hostel was very nice. The breakfast was only a cup of coffee/tea and a toast, it was okay but not great. A little far away from the center, but good public transport. Nice atmosphere though!

marko the owner is great. he is really knowledgeable and helpful with everything. he is a former long time backpacker so knows what travelers want and need. the location is a little out of the main town but very close to the main bus station. the city is flat and easy to walk around so its not a problem. if you have mobility issues there is a tram right outside that takes you everywhere. the free coffee and toastie each morning were great. has a relaxed cheap bar built into the hostel.

The staff were excellent, made us feel at home and were generous and gave us useful directions etc. The wifi was non existent and the bathroom facilities weren't very private but we didn't see any of this as much of a problem; especially considering the low price. The lockers didn't work but you can lock your room from outside if you leave the hostel. We had one other random guy in our room for one night so we were slightly concerned about leaving our stuff in our room but took the risk.

Staff sold us beers at the bar and then immediately kicked us out. They said they didn't have backup copies for lockers so if you lost the key you would never get your stuff back. Bonded with other backpackers over suffering.

One of the worst hostel experiences I have had. As other reviewers have said, Marko is great, he was not who I interacted with. We got kicked out of the common room in one of the rudest ways I've seen an hour earlier than the posted ending. They wouldn't give more than one key to a group of 6 people. When I first arrived there was no one around, so I was locked outside with my bag for hours. Basically many of the people staying and I laughed about our shared horrible experiences at this hostel.

Dear travelers, once again, we apologize for the staff we had during that period. As the matter of keys, we always give more than one on a group request, besides, you were one person, and group of 6 was not complaining. We have check in time from 2 pm, if someone arrives earlier, they can leave the luggage or, when possible, we do the check in earlier. So far, it never happened that someone waited for hours in front of the door. Happy travels!