Hostel Lika

Fabulous 1255 Total Reviews

• Greece, Couple, 18-24
14th Aug 2017
5.1

staff: ironic, not flexible - we took another train from Slovenia in order to be in his hostel before he gets sleep - tried to give us two single beds in the price of a double. Finally, after we told him no, he offered us the right price without a discount for the mess lots of dust under the beds, as well as too much noisy the beds are for a traveller, it could be approximately 5 - 8 euros cheaper breakfast only 8 - 9.30 not flexible annoying signs with dos and donts -we arent silly

11th Aug 2017
7.1

friendly hostel that is close to the bus station. everything was clean, rooms were cramped and a little basic, there was no common areas and the wifi could be much better and it didn't work in the rooms. good for the price. I didn't use the bar at night but it looked fun and sociable, the owners are travellers also so can recommend stuff for you. mostly younger groups staying here for short term. there's not a huge amount of things around the hostel but a few places too eat.

• England, Female, 18-24
9th Aug 2017

Owners are lovely, good atmosphere and a friendly but fun environment. But not overally much to do in the area

8th Aug 2017
3.1

Really bad beds. The hostel is located away from the center (20 mins by tram). There's no locker facility and the staff is unaccommodating.

7th Aug 2017

I loved this place! The owners were the nicest people and made me feel so welcome. Facilities were great, except that I wish I'd had a kitchen/fridge available. Otherwise it was clean, organized, wifi was flawless, etc. It's a bit far from the center of Zagreb but the tram is easy and cheap or it was a pleasant walk. I would absolutely recommend this hostel!!!

• plan-_b963
  • Australia, Male, 25-30
7th Aug 2017

Cool little hostel with a good backpack vibe, the owners are %100 friendly and will gladly help you out with any info or recomendations on what to do, 10m walk to the central bus station which is also a plus. Australian approved ✌🏼🇦🇺

• USA, Female, 18-24
5th Aug 2017

The host was really nice and the location was close to the bus stop

Short and sweat, thank you for your stay, take care.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
4th Aug 2017
5.7

If you're reading this DO NOT BOOK THIS HOSTEL IN SUMMER! There was no aircon in any of the rooms which made sleeping a very difficult task as you would wake up every 15 minutes in a pool of your own sweat.

Croatia was the hotest country in Europe for the last heat wave, it was 43 degrees for 7 days, true the aircon was down, but we tried to help you out with fans. we are just sorry because you can not be honest with all other things. Happy travels!

• Australia, All Female Group, 25-30
2nd Aug 2017
6.0

Owners were friendly. Close to the tram. Although the past reviews were right, there are passive aggressive rules posted throughout. Also was very hot in the rooms (yes we stayed during summer) although I think a fan would of been so easy to include in the room. It was sometimes unbearably hot. Also a little bit expensive for what you get.

Dear girls, Thank you for your stay. Just to explain, that what you call rules we call common sense:), but you will probably understand it when you start your own hostel after traveling one day, it is sad that we have to point that out to show respect when using common bathrooms but not all people are the same and we still love you:). Take care

• Scotland, Female, 25-30
31st Jul 2017
4.0

Got a really bad first impression of this hostel when I called in advance to ask a simple question and was shouted at by a male staff member. The whole time I stayed at Hostel Lika I felt like I was walking on eggshells around the owner as he had behaved appallingly to another guest at the hostel (shouting and swearing aggressively). They ruined my clothes in the wash. Staff were very cantankerous. I felt too intimidated to complain, was relieved to go. Very hot, no AC. Only plus, it was clean.

Did you get brainwashed on the way to Budapest?! What is your problem? I really don understaind! I am sorry for all people that are reading this review and my answer but it has to be clear for everyone. Girls, grow up and than travel, when you lie it comes back to you very fast. Commenting a situation which you dont know what was about is totally not something you should do, you think travelers can do and say whatever to the property owners and we will just smile back?! Come on, step into a real life. It will not even cross my mind to start to explain why was someone kicked out, but what you need to know is that we are the only hostel which exists for 15 years and did not change the owners and the reviews we have are saying more than enough. It is sad that not all people that are happy with the stay will not wright a review. It is horrible that you have the courage to say things like that after spending here 3 nights and extending your stay, next time, please, do us a favour and stay somewhere else. My last comment is just- HAHAHAHA! Have fun traveling! P.S.- after separating your dirty washing and advising you waht is better for you and how to wash it, I would be greatfull, but that is just me and you will say I have destroyed your washing, horrible, live with that!