Hostel Lika Reviews

Pasmanska 17, Zagreb, Croatia

Awesome hostel, very friendly and helpful. Cheers

• 2nd Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

marko the owner is great. he is really knowledgeable and helpful with everything. he is a former long time backpacker so knows what travelers want and need. the location is a little out of the main town but very close to the main bus station. the city is flat and easy to walk around so its not a problem. if you have mobility issues there is a tram right outside that takes you everywhere. the free coffee and toastie each morning were great. has a relaxed cheap bar built into the hostel.

The staff were excellent, made us feel at home and were generous and gave us useful directions etc. The wifi was non existent and the bathroom facilities weren't very private but we didn't see any of this as much of a problem; especially considering the low price. The lockers didn't work but you can lock your room from outside if you leave the hostel. We had one other random guy in our room for one night so we were slightly concerned about leaving our stuff in our room but took the risk.

• 25th Jun 2015

choose to spend more on this hostel because of free 'breakfast and bbq'. The bbq consisted of 1 bad hot dog sausage and 2 slices of bread. Breakfast was tiny. Good coffee. The atmosphere of the hostel was not good. The owner treated it like his home rather than a business and had strict silly rules. I got told if i wanted to drink the oj i had bought i would have to do so outside of the hostel. I felt intimidated and smothered by the staff trying to make me buy drinks. Beds were really squeaky.

it was my first day in Croatia and I arrived by train at 10pm. I didn't have Kunas with me. So when I checked in, I was requested to pay and in Kunas. I told the receptionist my problem and all he said was 'we have an atm nearby'. I was quite irritated with his reply because I was staying for 2 nights and I told him I will be changing Kunas tomorrow. I even offered giving him euros as deposit but he didn't care and was adamant that I make the payment and in kunas. that left a bad impression

Weird place. The guy at the reception doesn't have his own computer and had to call his boss to confirm it. Who on earth at this day who doesn't have computer in their own reception desk area? It took me almost an hour before I managed to check in as we had to wait for the 'boss' to confirm my booking. Then another hour to find the place because the instruction is confusing. There's no Slovanska tram station. The guy is a bit annoyed when I asked something. Toilet is always dirty, no tissue even

Dear travelers, if you want to be honest,be completely.You made the booking 15 minutes prior arrival and your booking was confirmed in two minutes.Directions to the hostel are for most people very easy, some get lost.Yes,there is no Slovanska tram station,but there is Slavonska tram station, you read wrong, sorry. Bathrooms are cleaned twice a day,its polite when someone makes a mess to clean it up, isnt it?About no computer I will not even comment,we have our reasons. Happy travels.

We are a group of 5 young girls travelling together. We found the staff of this hostel incredibly rude - male staff enter the rooms without warning They provided only one key between all 5 of us - not only do you need a key to get into your room but you also need it to EXIT the hostel As far as facilities go - only 1 toilet and 1 shower (in the same room) to share between 12 people. No wifi. No food from outside allowed even though they don't sell food. Bedsheets are all stained

Breakfast is very basic (cereal OR toast). You are not allowed to bring your own food/drinks into common area! Bathrooms are small (girls) and really big (guys) but everything is clean. Dorms are small and get very sticky. Common area is outside with a simple roof and shuts quite early (22:30h), wifi only works directly at the bar. You need 3 keys to exit hostel: people got stuck on hallway all the time. Marko is super nice! Other staff were awkward. Met great people and bonded over this hostel!

Dear travelers, sorry your experience was bad. From the start: breakfast two choices,prepared fresh, when you order it, fresh coffee or tea.Bathrooms are,as you say, clean,and we have quite a lot of bathrooms.Our common area is outdoor area,everything is hand made took a lot of time to build it that way,and its everything but not simple.When you have many people, you have to respect them all,some get up early and we do care and close at 11 pm.Keys are matter of security. Happy travels.

Lovely staff and a free breakfast (yipppeeee) but a little way out of town.

A common space where you can meet other people is missing, too bad for a solo traveler! Good position, just a short ride from the bus station and the train station. SUPER warm in summer.

• 14th Jun 2015

Happy 10th anniversary to the hostel, it was really nice, hope to come back again.

• 11th Jun 2015
  • Switzerland

Marko totally makes this place what it is. A really attentive host with heaps of hints and tips about Zagreb and the surrounding area. Will be heading back to Croatia and definitely staying here again. Look no further.

We were only here one night, however the room and service was fab. The owner was so friendly and the free breakfasf was great. its quite a way out of the centre, however it was surrounded by a multitude of restaurants. if we had had longer we would have loved to go to the plitvice lakes for which the hostel ran trips. We would definitely recommend.

Everything was great and the hostel owner was really nice. He's really loves what he does. Unfortunately, my timing was bad and the hostel had just reopened after a vacation so there weren't many people to meet and no patio BBQ! D:

It was very nice, very good breakfast

• 2nd Jun 2015