Hostel Lika Reviews

Pasmanska 17, Zagreb, Croatia

good location, clean rooms, cool bar and awesome staff

I couldn't have asked for a better experience than that at Hostel Lika . I received an incredibly warm welcome from the host Marco. He was extremely generous, friendly, and helpful. You can tell he takes a lot of pride in his hostel and enjoys looking after his guests. The rooms were clean, comfortable, hot showers, good bar and common area, close to the main bus station and all at a very affordable rate! After only one night I felt sad to leave such a great hostel and host!

• 30th Jul 2015

Marko was a great host. This hostel has a great atmosphere

Thanks for hosting me! The staff was very friendly and tried their best to made my stay nice and comfortable. I really enjoyed hanging out in the hostel bar with some beers. You made my stay great and helped me to connect with people. Thanks

I absolutly recommend this location. Very very clean small simply rooms. You even get a small breakfast for free! The staff especially Marko (the owner) is very friendly and helpfull. He cooked in the evening which was very nice and tasty, because of that having no kitchen isn't a problem! The small bar is a wonderfull place to get to know other travellers and to relax after an exhausting day. Definitely a great place to stay.

It was nice staying there . Friendly staff. The bar is a nice place for a get together and get to know people... But a handy thing would be a fan and a fridge.

Location seemed out in the sticks, but was an easy tram to the centre. Hostel itself wasn't great, I wouldn't go back. No air con in a sweltering room, the shared bathroom was not that clean and we were sharing it with 8 people, it was a nightmare. Also we were told there was to be a 'free BBQ' which actually only included a frankfurter sausage, the rest was additional. On the other hand, breakfast was decent and had a good atmosphere

I really have to say that Marko is one of the best holster I've met, great person and friendly. Moreover, the location of the Hostel is near to Main Bus Station, the atmosphere was great, the rooms and bathroom were clean, the BBQ was delicious and the staff is helpful. Marko, I hope see you soon!

The staff were mean and fistclosed, no air condition in the rooms, sleeping was difficult, poor breakfast and the bathrooms weren't available to use. Not the best hostel, but we get along with the other backpackers really well.

• 22nd Jul 2015
  • Spain
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Staying at hostel Lika felt like coming home after one hell of a travel day. The hosts make you blend in quite easily with the rest of the hostel and it has a cozy atmosphere all around. As a solo traveler it was such a great pit-stop for travelling along. Definitely stay here when you're in Zagreb!!

The staff and atmosphere was fantastic at this hostel. As this was merely a stopping point for my boyfriend and me, it was conveniently located to the bus station where we needed to leave the very next morning. A delicious pasta meal was prepared in a big pot free of charge the night we arrived which was so generous and delicious! The owner also recommended I buy my bus ticket to lakes before they sold out.My only issue was the lack of AC and fan in the bedrooms which made it hard to sleep. Thx!

After traveling for close to two months our stay at Lika was a breath of fresh air. Our initial plan of staying one night turned into three. By far the best atmosphere we have experienced at any hostel! The staff was exceptional and helped us with our travel plans to Plitvice National Park. Our last night there was an opportunity to help prepare a meal with everyone which was a great opportunity to meet fellow travelers! Our stay was filled with many laughs and smiles! Thanks for a great time!

• 16th Jul 2015

Very nice and clean Hostel, which is located 10 minuntes (by foot) from the central Bus station. The stuff is realy friendly and hospitable. In the evenings they often do barbecue/Hot-Dogs on the terrace with all the other travellers. I can realy recomend this hostel, especialy if you are interested to get in contact with other travellers.

great location (near the tram station and the city center on foot as well). Rooms very clean, the bathroom would need a ventilator. Marco, the owner, is friendly and helpful with everything. He also organizes things like cooking and eating dinner altogether in the hostel, various excursions in near towns or in the beach ... it makes a nice atmosphere.

The best place we stayed during our trip. Wonderful and warm place, the hostel manager is the greatest guy!

I loved my time at Hostel Lika! The atmosphere was the best and the owner really tries his best to make everybody feel welcome! One night he cooked a very tasty goulash for all the guests. I traveled alone for the first time and this was definitely the best hostel to stay at for me; everybody was so nice! If you don't mind being a bit far away from the centre, I would totally recommend you to stay at Hostel Lika!

• 9th Jul 2015

Very good impression and very good price/quality ratio. Thank you to the owner who was very accommodation and helpful.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Everything was fresh and clean. It felt like not all bathrooms were available and was often a short line to wait. Breakfast was fast and reasonable with a real coffee. City centre was a long walk, bike hire would be amazing.

• 9th Jul 2015

Very friendly people, nice, clean place, great location

• 6th Jul 2015
  • Croatia

Amazing hospitality! The man who runs the hostel is one of the friendliest and kindest people you will meet! It's a bit of a walk to the old town/centre which is a shame but other than that you can't fault anything - rooms are very clean and secure and he makes you breakfast complementary, in the morning!

« first « Prev 1 2 3